Flip Flappers

>just started watching pic related

Fuck me this is amazing. So glad I picked this up.

Why again do people not consider this AOTY 2016?

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/thread/151765421/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sup Forums did though.

Episodic bullshit turned into bad writing

>just started watching
If you finish it you'll know the answer to your question.

A lot of people considered it AOTY 2016, even though Ange Vierge was obviously AotY. Many people also feel it declines in quality greatly towards the end.

Because the second half is turd

Because 883

Its great, good shit. You can check out the earlier episodes airing threads for some interesting tidbits and shit( hyperart thomasson,etc). Threads went full retard after episode 6 unfortunately due to yuri niggers shitting out 24/7 generals with the same fucking shit quality meme posts over and over. Airing day threads after episode 6 can be good for 2-3 threads max.

cockona

Because the last 3rd of it is ass.

Sounds like the current state of any Love Live discussion

Thanks fren, I think I'll have a look at the archive

But it is AotY 2016.
And its only two competitions on that year are from DEEN of all studios.

>not being a yurinigger

Keep watching. You’ll change your mind when the plot rolls in

shut up faggot

>Why again do people not consider this AOTY 2016?

R E A L L Y
F E E L I N G
T H A T
W R I T E R
C H A N G E

still my AOTY 2016 though
episodes 3 and 5 are my favorite

>First half: Gotta collect them gemstones!
>Second half: Cute version of Akira without the giant mutant baby

Seriously, what the fuck happened in the end? Why did it take such a wild tone shift? Nothing led up to that insane change, especially not robo granny.

I didn't It was alright.

I liked both parts equally

Honestly I just thought Mimi was an awfully written character. The overprotective mommy trope is kind of overdone and she got even more generic as the "twist" went on. Definitely off tone from the rest of the show.

Once Kemono Friends aired, people knew that Flip Flappers was just utter shit and not worth liking it at all.

(you)

It would've been god tier if it just sticked to doing different worlds every episode

It goes to shit when the plot kicks in.

7/10 overall, the first half is a 8/10, the last handful of episodes is a 5/10. Which makes FliFla quite above average.

i speak for all of Sup Forums when i say flop floppers

Because the writing is awful.

I like the whole show and marathoned it in 1 sitting and didn't notice the tone shift at all. Felt like the natural progression to me.

They also didnt know what to do with her. Some moments she was truly intimidating, but other moments she felt like an average sunday morning cartoon villian. If they had stuck with making her a truly dangerous force or keeping her involvement fairly lighthearted it would have been better, but they tried to do both and it didn't work at all.

nice

It crashes and burns in the last 4 episodes.

>>Why again do people not consider this AOTY 2016?

It loses steam rapidly.

Its not that you have bad taste or anything. I was still enraptured in it 2 or 3 episodes in too. But I never finished it. Nor did pretty much anyone else. Which aught to tell you all you need to know. This turns dull rather rapidly.

Papikass

episode 7 tho

i really hope we get some sort of end of flip flappers situation,, i really loved this anime like even with its flaws its definately aoty 2016 for me

the iro episodes and the au papikas made me cry

desuarchive.org/a/thread/151765421/
Never forget Sup Forums's official AOTY 2016.

>people actually consider konosuba and reddit:zero aoty

sickening 2bh

>pretty much nobody finished it
[citation needed]

You should stop giving those people attention.

because it's not even close to aoty
if you wanted to choose an artsy show there's houseki no kuni

elaborate

scroll up to see why flip flap was bad
houseki no kuni has actual meaning without being pretentious and it's one of the few well presented cg shows
if you want high quality character development and buddhism houseki is for you

I cannot fathom that people find Ange Vierge a good show.

Flip Flappers did decline in quality a bit, though.

It didn't even come out in the same year as houseki no kuni you doofus.

Don't reply to cgitards, they're obnoxiousness is enough already.

Flfl was cute

No consensus couldn't be reached in the fanbase. Some preferred the adventure of the week, some preferred the story arc. About the only thing that people agreed upon was that Yayaka is best girl.

Characterization was really weak, and the shoehorned development in the last few episodes was even worse.
Yayaka was the only interesting character.

no she wasn't

People were confused about which character was flip and which character was flap

Shut up nerd and give us your lunch money

This show is so cute

Best girl yayaka makes everything better.
>DAT henshin

shit ending

Because it's not very good.

Because for some unexplained reason people thought the show wasn't supposed to have a plot, so when it finally kicked in, they felt robbed of their cutegirldoingcutethings fest.
Nu-otakus have a visceral hate for anything resembling a "plot" because they only watch anime for cute girls doing cute things, and to cover their personal shit tastes in some thin semblance of objectivity they use terms like "bad writing" or the like.
Try asking anyone what's wrong with FF's plot, you won't find a single person in the entire web who is able to tell you a rational reason for disliking it.