/ss/ - Secret Santa

It is Christmas weekend!

Take nice pictures of your cards because the time to post them is now! Hold tight to those presents because Christmas eve is TOMORROW, and that is when the festivities go forth with GLEENESS!

If your gift has not been sent then let the organizers know so your recipient knows when their gift may arrive.

THE TIME FOR EXCITE IS NOW!

Dear user, pls post saying you got your stuff.

>tfw can't participate in this secret Santa since I'm now living in yurop
Merry Christmas to everyone here

I got my stuff

So I can open the gist tomorrow?

>not posting your cards and gifts after all of anons hard work

Plenty of European anons participate in /ss/

I'm glad you liked them! Merry Christmas and safe travels.

>tfw no eve of Christmas eve miracle

Maybe something will arrive in January.

>2/2 cards sent and posted in threads
>2/2 gifts sent and confirmed delivered
>1/2 gifts posted in threads
>1/1 cards received (I sent an extra to an user from last year)
>2/2 gifts received

Feels good, man. Looking forward to posting and seeing opening pictures tomorrow and Christmas as gifts start being opened.

>last day of delivery
>didn't get shit
>user didn't post stuff I sent
FUCK Christmas

I'm going for to pick domestic only for cards next year, so I can personally hunt down every user who doesn't post my hand made, love filled cards in these threads

I hope youre a german user then, because I would like love filled cards.

Do you have initials?

Ganbare USPS-kun

I can't post something i didn't get user.

It's still around 8 AM here for me, but by the end of the day I'll probably feel the same way. A bit less, because it's more about giving than receiving, BUT it's still . . .

user of NY
Thanks for the card! The glitter got all over my desk when I opened it but the cute drawing inside made up for it.

He means that Starting tomorrow there will be counties going into Christmas day before America and people will be posting pics then.

>counties
COUNTRIES

>plano
dang that's close, if I got that user I definitely would've dropped his present off myself.

1/2 cards
0/1 gift

I guess it's something. At least I know my stuff got where it needed to be.

OPEN MY CARD ALREADY AHHHH

who Sup Forumsnti-grinch squad here? which brackets did you sign up for? it seems a lot of the higher ones haven't gotten theirs unfortunately

lots of anons don't know how to be functional responsible adults (go figure) so many things will come in late

Once again, I would like to thank J from IN for the gifts, I haven't opened the gifts, but I think nothing is going to top those cookies you sent.

I've never eaten home baked cookies in my life and I got to say, they were pretty fucking good, I actually wanted them to last until Christmas but I couldn't bring myself to not eat them.

Thank you user, I'll forever cherish you the same way I will forever cherish the user who sent me stuff back in 2015.

user of MA
Got your package on my doorstep! My house has an overhang, so it was nice and dry.
- MH of MD

>started pouring rain while I was at work yesterday
>ask mom if we got any packages
>she said 1 and sent a photo, it was hers
>head home, but stop by the store first
>still pouring
>get home
>check out by the front door to see if anything is there
>package hidden by the bushes, absolutely soaked
>it's from my user
I left it to dry but I'm really hoping everything is okay.

>I've never eaten home baked cookies in my life
>mfw forgot how many anons have never enjoyed the simpler things in life
holy shit that's it my anons are gonna get edibles too starting next year

>package hidden by the bushes
why so far off?

you should complain to the postal service and get them to refund you, no matter if the presents are fine or not.

G from NM, please let me know if you got my card or if I need to make it again.

What are those final counts?

3/3 gifts sent. (One maybe two posted on being receved)
2/3 gifts received.

5/5 cards sent. (3 posted)
2/5 cards received.

2 gifts sent
1 gift received

He hasn't posted anything or said a word to the santas so I really doubt I'll be getting anything else in the mail.

>sent it for special one delivery with tracking last thursday
>gets redirected 2 times
>it’s saturday and it’s still pending
At least I can confirm it’s in the right city. If it doesn’t make it by Christmas, sorry ST from UK

user from Portugal
Your card is fucking amazing man. Consider my delusions fed.

The bushes are right by the gate that leads to the front door. I'm glad the guy delivering the package didn't just throw the thing over the gate like they do sometimes, but there's not really anywhere to leave it where it could stay dry on that side of the gate.

>3/3 cards sent
>0/3 cards received
Post system has been fucking slow this year. They likely lost one of my cards and delayed two of those I sent out.

>sent gift with express mail 2 weeks ago
>week ago they deliver it to the wrong fucking city
>today get a tracking update notification
>it's in the right city now
>attempted delivery failed
What the hell

Did anyone else get an user that asked for something completely out of the bracket they were in?

I got a moral problem:

>send wishlist, mention that I really like a manga series on it
>get gifted all the volumes released
>I already had them
>now feel like an asshole for having wasted my user's money

I guess I am at fault for not having mentioned on the wishlist to not gift me the volumes, along with the reason why. But I didn't want to sound like some picky, unappreciative asshole. But now I feel like that anyway.

What should I do? Should I tell him and thank him anyway? Or hide the fact that I got the same copies of the series? What is the right thing to do, in accordance with the Christmas spirit?

( He really overgifted me like crazy, so even without the volumes I feel super happy (and feel like a cheapstake toward my own assignment ))

You thank him properly and blame yourself for writing a bad wishlist.

Maybe you should explain that you just said and send him volumes back? Like, "enjoy them like I did' and add some chocolate\coocies or a card.

Do you have a way to contact him? If so, maybe get in touch and see if you can exchange them or something. I personally would be way more embarassed to have gotten my user something that he didn't want/need than to have to exchange gifts. If he overgifted anyway it's likely he doesn't really care about the costs. I think most anons probably feel the same way, it's kind of just a risk with secret santa things in general.

If you don't have a way to contact him you could just take them to a store that sells that stuff and trade it in for cash or store credit. He'll never know and you can buy things you really want.

Thank him, telling him will only make him feel bad even though its your fault

It mightn't be possible to return them at this point and he might not want them either

>If you don't have a way to contact him you could just take them to a store that sells that stuff and trade it in for cash or store credit
This'd be fine too

Re-gift those volumes to someone next year as a way of recommending the series.

1 gift sent
1 gift received
2 cards sent
0 cards received, although I have confirmation that one of them is going to be late.

I know my user got his gift, but there's been no word about my cards. I sent them all out the first week of December, so they really should have arrived by now.

I still have to get the mail when it's delivered today, but as of right now

2/2 gifts sent
4/4 cards sent

2/2 gifts received
1/4 cards received

I feel bad because I sent my cards pretty late and all to international anons, so they're probably going to be late.

MS of NJ I finally got to my grandparent's place to see your package! This card is super cute, thank you so much.

>overspent my tier almost twice
>didn't wrap anything
>card is in envelope, but not hand-made
>generally low-effort presentation

Now I am stuck thinking that every "user's gift was so bad I don't even wanna post" remark is about me.
Oh well, it's not like I have anyone to blame. Guess I am an asshole and did not care enough to bother.

And here's the presents under the tree

This is so cute.
I regret not having at least golden gouache because I decided that things with sparkles are for kids and now I understand that I'm an idiot.

JH of Paris, did you get my message through the organizers? I still haven't gotten a phone call and apparently their customer service doesn't take calls on Saturday, so I'm sad to say your gift will be late and is now either at an unkown pickup spot near you or still in their warehouse. I wish they had somehow notified me or left you a note when the package delivery had first failed because the time window would've easily worked out still.

Honestly everything except for not wrapping your gifts is understandable. I hope you feel like shit if your user opens his box before Christmas and everything is laid bare for his poor, virgin eyes.

4/4 cards sent (2 posted)
3/4 received and posted with one on the way unless mistaken
I'm set.

3 gifts sent 2 posted
3 cards sent 2 posted
1 gift recieved 1 gift arriving today 1 gift ???
0 cards received
Cards are the best part. What happened, anons? I'm doing better than a lot of other anons though. Fully prepared to ungrinch the less fortunate.

>3/3 cards sent
>1/1 presents sent
>1/3 cards posted (but all arrived)

>3/3 cards received
>0/1 presents received

I'm happy everyone got their cards and presents, but I'm kinda bummed that only one person actually posted the card.

You need to mention what you already own if it pertains to anything in your wishlist.
It's not that user's fault that he gifted you all those volumes if you didn't specify in your wishlist that you already owned them.
Anyways, why would you feel like an unappreciative asshole for asking someone to not gift you something you already have?
You made this much more difficult than it had to be.
Just learn from this mistake and hopefully it never happens again.

are the SAO novels still in circulation?

I received torn up novels as packing paper last year. I used them as packing paper again this year to an user in Australia.

I was told to open this when it arrived, so I did. Thanks santa! I had never heard of this service but it's pretty cool, I may make use of it in the future.
As for the cake, I'm afraid she's already dead by now.

>no initials
>no pictures
>no gift

BW of UK and MS of Czech Rep did you get my shit
They aren't much but I'd like you to know that you were, in fact, not grinched, if you received nothing yet.

Oh yeah, I'm talking about cards from Finland.

JS from Netherlands please tell me if you like what I stuck in the card. Hope your parents didn't see it.

you user sent you a crab cake for christmas?

Posting anons card again

Nice, glad it got to you alright because I accidentally gave the address of an assignee I had 3 years ago and had to try get it changed.

user from TX, it's MB from WA here.
It looks like your package is going to get delivered today. I really appreciate you getting it in on time but I'm visiting family till new years so I'll be sure to post it in the threads that are around if I can and will definitely send a card if there's a return address. I apologize for not being able to post it on Christmas though.

1/1 gift sent and posted (and received)
3/3 cards sent with none posted holy shit (1/3 received)
3/3 homocards sent, 2 posted(2/3 received)

This is my worst /ss/ yet because I usually get all my cards and gifts before Christmas. Last year I didn't even receive back all 5 cards I signed up for.
I'm really sad that none of my /ss/ card recipients have posted their cards yet. I know they got them because I put tracking on them.
I'm tempted to post them myself because I was really proud of them

>one of my cards came back today because the machine ripped the address clean off and part of the tracking number too

I was wondering what was up with the crossed out printed address next to my handwritten one, guess that makes sense then.

5/5 cards sent
2/2 gifts sent

2/5 cards received
0/2 gifts received
I got a message from loli saying one of my santa's was going to send some cookies but I never heard anything after that. I wonder what happened.

1/1 gift sent
1/1 gift received
5/5 cards sent (0 posted)
5/5 cards received

I'm really happy I didn't get grinched on any cards this year, I just wish my anons would post their cards already.

>want to send a thank you card to someone who sent me a nice card and gift.
>Obviously won't get there before Christmas, but maybe not before the year ends

Should I let them know? What if they're not using their real address?

>want to send a thank you card
>no return address
I'm going to assume this means he doesn't want one.

CT of FL MS of CA has your gifts and is eagerly awaiting opening them.

so how many of you guys are oldfags who remember a time before neo-Sup Forums

Been here since '04, only done /ss/ for 3 years though. Sup Forums has changed, but not as much as the other boards.

It has a return address, I just don't know if it's his real one or not, or something like that.

Oh, I was talking about my own situation.
There wouldn't be much of a point in writing a fake one so it's most likely real.

since christmas 2005 here. second /ss/

not asked, but got one that mentioned some things off bracket but I assume they just signed up for multiple and copy+pasta'd. or in case an user wanting to spoil them silly doesn't get them the same thing.

I get the temptation to, but I usually assume that all they really want is for you to take a few minutes and post the card they sent. At least that's how I feel.

I'm only from 2011 and things are way too different now.

I'm definitely going to join in with this next year.

I honestly don't browse Sup Forums other than for /ss/. I have been on Sup Forums since 2009 I think. I know I'm not technically "allowed" to participate in /ss/ but I don't talk to my mom anymore so this is my only chance to get/give presents during Christmas.

regift/donate your old ones and enjoy the brand spanking new ones

ED of NC MS of CA got your gifts but I didn't expect them not to be wrapped. I took the card and returned the rest to the box without looking.

>torn up novels as packing paper
??

>Should I let them know?
yes

maybe he just doesn't expect one. doesn't hurt to ask

Had something similar happen to me last year, but in my case I gave them a list of what I had. And I was still given duplicates of figures I had.

I considered keeping them, but there was no point in keeping duplicates, and they would have just sat around gathering dust. So I just thanked them for the gifts, and then sold them off.

As I understand it, as a joke, some SAO light novels were being passed around year after year as a joke gift. Someone at some point tore the pages out of one of the LNs and used it as packing paper in my gift last year.

This year I used the same pages I got last year as packing paper for another's gift.

Pic related are the pages I got last year from KO from IL

>So I just thanked them for the gifts, and then sold them off.
This is the best advice, even if you get something you didn't want. But for the sake of the user's feelings don't mention it in the thread.
I've done a /ss/ before and the person told me they sold what I sent them and got "what they really wanted" and it was a bad feeling

RR of MB here.
I was just wondering if JW of ON got the gift I sent and if KK of Poland got the card I sent?
Both should have arrived on time since I sent them on the 12th but I'm still worried.

Oh definitely, I meant thank them in the thread, and don't mention if you'll be selling the items or not.

yeah that's pretty shitty. I mean I don't really care what I get, I got an item I wont use for what it's supposed to be used for but I can still like hang it on the wall or something.

I got a set of re-re-regifted SAO novels last year but they seemed complete. Maybe there's more than one set or they only tore up one of the books. Either way, my user this year got them.

Iam glad it got to you safely Sorry for the lack of words.Too Autistic to think of anything warm to say.
Birdy a q.t and apologies i couldn't quite get her looks down properly. Happy Holidays user.

MH from CA
I shipped your gift with expedited one day delivery on Thursday but looking at the tracking number, I'm not sure if it's made it to you yet. I'm really sorry if it doesn't arrive today!

Glad it arrived safely, Merry Christmas!

I gave manga for my giftee this year, up to volume three, and this was the exact thing I was worried about
Funnily enough, my sister and mother ran into the same problem. Well, my mom already has a problem; her son likes anime, but jokes aside my sister got me vol 1 of Berserk, so did my mom. Honestly I just kept them, thanked them both regardless, and decided I might re-gift one at some point, probably when someone mentions that they'd really like to start on the manga or something. It's still in the shrink wrap too, and in a place where it can't get damaged, so I wouldn't feel bad if you decided to re-gift them in the future, if I were you.
It's not where the gift came from that matters, it's the fact that you actually put thought into what gift would make them happy. Although, here, it's more just the feelings you get from making some user happy