This was pure, unadulterated filler kino

This was pure, unadulterated filler kino.

I find the bodyswap episode better

I should watch Utena again.

is this like kill la kill but without ecchi and over the top action but psychological elements?

Not really, only in the sense that there's a school setting with a school council running the shots that the protag has to fight, but the approach is rather different.

ZETTAI

Even the recap episodes are fucking good in this shit.

Nanami was the funnest character

My favourite is the egg episode.

While watching KLK you can see what a big influence it was on it though.

UNMEI

More similar to eva.

If this episode was made today she'd have become a Monster Girl instead of a straight cow.
And that would be great

>you now remember Shitsurakuen
>you now remember it was nearly 1:1 Utena
>you now remember it was the worst (or best) bait-and-switch manga ever
I mean I love yuri, but even I was laughing at the fallout over this.
mfw though

Cow tfs are just my fetish!

I loved the first recap episode because it had all the duels one after the other with the music subtitles

MOKUSHIROKU

Is this filler kino?

Pure, unadulterated fetish pandering.

I rewatched Utena last month and it's still pure kino

MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO

IdolAni never.

I rewatch it every year and I feel the same. It's like it satisfies all of my tastes. A different song for each duel, fun "filler" episodes, unexpected developments during recap caps, I even love recicled animation with small changes like Akio's car or the elevator (you know, as an anaphora).

Thanks for reminding me why Utena is garbage.
Even Naruto fillers are better than this shit.

Have you no soul?

Man Utena was such boring shit.
They tried to be so deep in such silly ways it made no sense anymore

Here's your (You)s, now go back to r e ddit

How would you rate the arcs of Utena? I'd go Black Rose Arc > Akio Car Arc > School Council Arc. All of them are 10/10 though so this is really just splitting hairs.

Product of a complete hack. Has some good aspects, but they're buried under garbage.

Black Rose is definitely my favourite. Great OST, great atmosphere, and a focus on the support cast you just don't get in most anime.

Right? Plus it delves to really dark stuff that's handled beautifully (the Wakaba two-part episode had me in chills), no arc is quite like it. I hated it when I saw people say it's a filler arc.

>That one guy who enters the elevator of angst and is just told to leave

OTP

>go away, you fail at evil.

I shouldn't feel so conflicted over a nobody who appears in a single episode. First time watching I pitied the guy, then I read the commentaries and hated him, now whenever I rewatch it I feel both and wonder if I wouldn't end up the same in his shoes.

Literally everyone in this show is an asshole.

>looks like a little boy

>main girl gets blacked
No.

It IS a little boy