Rewatch a bunch of 80 and 90s OVA and tv series

>rewatch a bunch of 80 and 90s OVA and tv series
>realization suddenly hits, that anime will never be like this ever again

Fuck...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1XLIx54SAWw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There's something more dynamic and human than the characters made today which feel too shallow and cardboard if you know what I mean.

Character design is better now
Slice of life is better now
Action is better now

Hell, especially fanservice is better now

So don't be like that

It's just the animation

try enjoying new things instead of obsessing over old ones and i promise you will care as much as the normal consumer

Nice meme, did you get that from /r/anime/ or Sup Forums?

>anime will never be like this ever again
Yeah, I'm glad it'll never be shit again.

Nope, you could watch one show from the past two decades and place the same characters into different series and it would be exactly the same.

100% agree with this

100% disagree with this, digital and CGI look like shit

The animation for 80s/90s anime was overall superior

Why should I enjoy new things if they are of inferior quality?

This.

>Character design is better now
This is unequivocally false

DAE le wrong generation?

It's actually my generation

You don't need to reply to every post just to say you agree with them, user.

Alright, put Sword into 3-gatsu and Rei into Garo. I guess somehow that doesn't change the series at all.

Besides the obvious ones, like Akira what OVA or movie had the best animation?

I'd say Riding Bean is underrated

Belladonna of Sadness had some great animation.

there are still good animation today, but its "very limited" now, basically most shows have extremely crappy animation, since kids dont really care. Animators are told to do the shit animations and then move on to the next anime, since that makes more money than doing "proper good quality" animation drawing. Only time when animation quality seems to pick up is when there is an important fight (especially obvious in something like Naruto/Boruto).

story, direction, and characterization are worse.
shiny computerized coloring fills gen Z's brains with distractions.

gen Z is a mistake.

>basically most shows have extremely crappy animation, since kids dont really care
This is retarded logic. The average quality of TV animation has gone up, and of movies has stayed roughly the same. The only real difference is that standalone OVAs (as in, not packaged with the BDs or manga volumes) have dried up.

Of course it won't but there will always be a few diehard lovers of 80s anime that will make some series that look that way

Kinda like how "Retro" video games are dead, but you can see plenty of games these days with a "retro" feel. just give it time

That's literally no different from anime of previous decades. Look at any 90s shounenshit and it's exactly the same. You're talking out of your ass and need to watch more shows.

only fan service is better, everything else turned to shit

The OVA market isn't as big, meaning there's less time to make these things and more censorship. It's just how it is.

Alot of it is this. I would fund the shit out of a bunch of indie anime studios with some ideas that go straight to OVA. I don't care how long it takes them to make something as long as they make what they want with full creative control.

Otaku spend 10k yen on two tv episode blu-rays, but wouldn't buy a quality OVA?
Are you serious?

The thunderbolt OVAs were fairly recent weren't they? Those were fantastic.

It's a completely different sales model, user. With OVAs, you're buying something you haven't seen yet, just to watch it. With TV anime, you've already watched it for free, you really liked it, and you're usually buying it for rewatch value or just for the sake of owning something you liked. Besides, the majority of the OVA market (meaning the tons of low-production value ones that no one ever bothers to remember) existed simply to advertise the manga in a short anime format, and since TV anime have gotten shorter nowadays, that niche is already filled.

>watch old anime
>oh no! old anime isn't the same as new anime!
I love old anime, but you have to be fucking braindead to only come to this conclusion now.

>Waifus are shit now
JUST

>cherrypick a handful shows across two decades
>realise it will never be the same because I'm a big fat faggot holding all seasonal shows to the same standard as my tiny selection

Just license some good old shows, Crunchyroll, better strategy than posting here

>caring about licensing for old shows OR new shows
Oh user, please tell me you don't actually pay for your entertainment only for it to be in shit quality?

There nothing wrong with watching old stuff.

I love old anime as much as the next guy but you obnoxious faggots preach all this shit while posting garbage like Gunsmith Cats. It’s why no one takes you seriously.

Then how come Dragon Ball Z looks better and less plastic than Dragon Ball Super?

youtu.be/1XLIx54SAWw
It's all on Yamamuro's model sheet. This clip doesn't use them and subsequently looks more like the original.