Is he the best protagonist in shonen history?

Is he the best protagonist in shonen history?

Nooope

>yotsuba
>goku
>joseph
>yusuke
>kenshin
>gon
>jolyne
>gintoki
>luffy
>edward
>maka
all better

If he is to you, that's fine.
Everyone has different tastes.

lol yes

He's a cute little fuccboi, that's for sure.
but as a protag he's fucking awful. More Bakugo, please.

You're not wrong, though I hold the opinion that they'd both be garbage without each other to play off of.

Absolutely fucking not

Are you the biggest faggit in history op?

*blocks your path*

you're mentally a child if you think this

No m8.

Not even close OP

Definitely the cutest.

you're mentally a child if you think this

you can tell he's not purely based upon the fact that this thread has 15 replies and there are already fujos and /ss/ in here

>opinions cannot be provably shit

The best, no. But he is certainly underrated. He is one of the few shonen MCs to show an evolution not only in terms of skills (as it is in most cases) but also personality.

not so fast

go outside

Defiantly not the cutest or the most badass thats my man gon

Even after ripping two great character designs from an actual series and combing them doesn't make it as cute as the originals

If you limit the choices to battle shounens, then the kid from Gan Kon wins any day. but overall, it goes to this mother fucker right here.

insufficiently detailed claims can't be proven wrong. What is best? Best at what? It is not a truth-apt claim, it is not EVEN wrong, as in it's even worse.

I have your best protagonist right here!

>implying he can move his lard ass away from the chair

>all tose gary stu

>goku
>gary stu
Pick one

>doesn't know what gary stu means

>It’s hunterfag thinks everything is a HxH ripoff episode
TO
BE
FAIR

How many times are you going to make this thread?

nah
I don't even see what people see in him, if it wasn't for plot armor he'll be a cripple under a year and be a burden for everyone else and the manga is renamed Boku no Disabled Kids Academia. If the hero can't take care of himself then he ain't going to save anyone.

>Thinking Cardboard-kun is the best anime protagonist.

I'll give you two.

(you)

So I just finished HxH 2011.
Chimera Ant>Yorknew>Greed Island>13th Chairman>Hunter Exam>Heaven's Arena

Is Boku no Hero as good as everyone says?

Nope but he is one of the best for sure, he definitely is the cutest tho

its mediocre
don't expect too much from it past its breddy good beginning

A piece of shit beta crying fuck with no redeeming qualities, who is a just reactionary with NO initiative or has good sense of humor and also get's outclassed by his comrades in popularity polls of his own fucking show.

Shit Academia doesn't hold a candle compared to the big shonen classics.
Shit academia didn't revolutionized or has invented shonen cliches like DBZ, HnK, HxH. It didn't create it's own massive fantasy world with unique setting, like One Piece or Naruto, it didn't create it's unique power system like DBZ, Naruto or HxH, It's a mishmash of random powers like X-men but 10 times worse.

It's an utterly mediocre as shit series desperately trying attempt to fill the empty space Naruto left. 80% of the cast are side characters worth being background characters, every villain is a passing by flavor of the 3 episodes who goes without leaving no significant impact in the story.

God I hate Bokutards, you're cancerous as Narutards back in the early 2000's. STOP SUCKING THAT POLISHED TURD OF A LACK LUSTER.

>A piece of shit beta crying fuck with no redeeming qualities, who is a just reactionary with NO initiative or has good sense of humor and also get's outclassed by his comrades in popularity polls of his own fucking show.

We're talking about Deku, not Shinji

This faggot MC has literally never done anything memorable.

Hurr Durr Bokunigger, at least Shinji wrecked shit up causing the second impact to save his waifu and puts bitches in place when he needs to. Deku can't even look at tits without jizzing himself.

>joseph
>not josuke
neck urself

>also get's outclassed by his comrades in popularity polls of his own fucking show.
that regularly happens in shonen though

at least he doesn't get outvoted ten to one like gon in hxh

No:
1) He's a weenie/crybaby
2) He's ugly
3) He's a short
4) Not sexxxxy enough

GET OVER IT
E
T

O
V
E
R

I
T

I actually really liked Shirou. UBW was my second date series and first with him in it.

>dumb tumblr dwelling cunt hating on mc because omg crybaby not hottt bad boi xD
tell me why bnhafags aren't the new narutards again

I'm really hoping BnHA gets a timeskip eventually. I would really like to see new costumes and a more mature character design.

He literally has no personality, so no.

he depends on his two rivals to carry the interest of the manga

he is not even the best of his magazine

just wait for sakura to marry sasuke

Eh, dunno, he is up there though.

He looks squishy and huggable, however i'm afraid the best shonen protagonist was Ichigo, for you know, like 10 chapters.

While someone like Kenshin exists?

I could embarrass you with a list but I won't because that was just off the top of my head. Gintama and Goku just to spread that in.

This is less of Deku's problem and more of Horikoshi's, but he is maturing too fast. I love it when he loses it, but he becoming way more confident way too fast, outside of his inability to really put on a proud smile in battle, most of his character flaws have been subjugated already.]

Luckily Horikoshi seemed to have noticed and dialed back on it, with the whole Mirior and who really deserves OFA angle.

It's funny you say that because/a/ is constantly bitching about Deku not already being god tier or confusing a flawed character with a bad character

Luffy is the best shonen protag hands down.

>most creative powers and abilities out of the whole genre
>simple yet recognizable design
>gives no shit about the world government and declares war on them and actually does get in the fucking war with them
>gear is the fucking tits eat your heart out super sage mode bankai saiyan
>gonna become the pirate king

No, he's just okay.

Sup Forums is shit. Especially when in "we're totally not a general guys" threads.

>nothing about his actual character other than "not giving a shit"
This is why people grow out of shonen

Sup Forums attracts all sorts of people

He’s a bland self insert with no likes or dislikes outside of hero stuff to make it easier to self insert to. Todoroki saying he liked Soba was more non hero related characterization than Deku has.

He’s also not even charming or funny and almost completely relies on people like Iida or All Might for this. His “edgy rivals” are unironically funnier

I like Luffy, but he is merely the device to push the story forward. There is hardly anything interesting about Luffy, he reached the peak of his character when in Arlong and his character died after Marinefold.

>as a fertilizer

This reminds me of Nardwuar interview with Gwar for some reason

Pic related will always be the GOD of shonen.

Shitters like Luffy aren't even half as interesting as protags like Kenshin, Edward, Yusuke etc...
Also

Most characters would be that way if they don't start from a young age or aren't evil.

Luffy is the typical happy go lucky shonen protagonist trope to a tee, down to being a fucking retard most of the time

>tumblr.gif

Actually this.

I recently marathoned the anime because people were hyping it and I have to say it was fine but the story was a little unfocused, the way he achieved his power, and better control of it, was underwhelming and some character designs were too silly

the scenes where he didn't use his power much at all, like where he uses his smarts during the race to catch up and beat others, was probably his more interesting bit

there are better mc's out there, heck I think kenichi probably is better

He's great but honestly, not even the best comedy MC

trips are truth.

if by best you mean worst, yes.

Here's a real protag

Beelzebub sucked shit and that guy was a retard. Fight me

>most creative powers and abilities out of the whole genre

shit bait op, but I'll bite

I like him but he still hasn't hit me with "that one scene" yet.

I wasn't really serious with that post but stands as whole is more unique than devil's fruits but I feel like Luffy's rubber ability and the way it's utilized is a lot more creative than most JoJo protags

>green and black hair

Protag abilities in Jojo only started getting creative from Part 6. Josuke and Giorno with that restoration and giving life shit was ambiguous as all hell, not to mention overpowered.

All he fucking does is punch people

In what universe is fate UBW shonen?

The people have forsaken Him. Today I will remind them.

I love BNHA and i also like deku but man, Senkuu is based as fuck

>rubber ability
>lol his rubber cant be cut because haki
>lol his rubber cant be melted cause haki
>lol his rubber doesn't function like rubber because (insert next asspull here)
bravo one pieces of shit

I liked him at the start but that whole deal with the goddesses just lost my interest.

>JoJo protags

Wanna know how I know you didn't read the fucking manga?

Because it's a steaming pile of shit?

I Struggle to think of a shonen protag worse than Goku.
The guy can barely function as a human being at.

>MFW he's literally O MY RUBBER

As opposed to what?

not even top 100 in WSJ

>he guy can barely function as a human being
Gee, I wonder why.