What’s the consensus on Erased?

What’s the consensus on Erased?

While it was airing:

Incredibly well done anime. Only issue was villain being far too obvious..

Now:
Le cuck meme xD

Horrible pacing

It was ok. The ending cause a backlash on Sup Forums

It was a fucking mess.

The NTR face was everywhere as soon as it aired, stop pretending.

The "NTR" was a meme, it's just insecure faggots projecting. That's it.

Pretty good. Also
>erased

loli turned into an old hag, ruined the show

It had good animation and they handled the neglected issue kid very well. It was mentioned in the thread that the pacing was a mess which I agree with but it was a very good anime.

NTR-core

T.roastie

First 4 eps 10/10, then it slowly went downhill. The cucking is half-justified complaint, because we didn't see enough of the girl he actually does get with, Airi. Kayo did nothing wrong, just badly adapted towards the end.

I have the memory of a goldfish. Who was the villain again? And why was it too obvious?

Creepy pedo teacher.

The teacher. Because he was a teacher

Genuine spoiler for anyone who hasn't watched it:
It was the teacher - I thought it was so obvious it would be a red herring but nope, it was him. He even managed to figure out the MC was time travelling.

All I remember about this piece of shit was the cuck memes.

Better question, why the fuck do people call it Erased? It's Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi. Calling it Erased instead of The Town Without Me is the most liberal translation of an anime title I've ever seen.

The lamest of time travelers ever.
The show had pretty good points but the character has a completely unexplained ability to travel time and itweakens it a lot.

Manga was 7/10 with bad engine
Anime was 6/10 with ABSOLUTE SHIT ending
Because that's what Crunchyroll called it for whatever reason.

Just streaming or netflix fags.

>engine
phoneposter spotted

manga was better. anime made the ending mega gay.

>engine
>phoneposter
No, just /o/tism

Because Erased is less of a mouthful and doesn't need 24 characters to type.

It's like saying Anohana instead of Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai or The Flower We Saw That Day.

Stop being so autistic.

It managed to showcase just how many people on the internet actually knew what the definition of NTR was and how it's different from cuckolding

So many people cried cuck and NTR to that one scene even though it wasn't I can't even tell if it's just a joke or if people legitimately thought it to be the case

Would have been better if the kiler was actually his mom.

Cuckshit that needs to be forgotten

She could've waited but instead she

cucked
u
c
k
e
d

MC

I liked the atmosphere of the childhood parts but it didn't make up for the boring antagonist, inexplicable time travel, poor pacing, and Airi's retarded backstory.

By that logic it would make more sense to just call it BokuMachi which is just about as stupid as Erased. Erased it's too fucking vague as well. How will retarded stream fags know that the title is suppose to refer specifically to Kayo?

The official English release called it "Erased: The Town Where I Don't Exist". It stuck because it was short.

An interesting and entertaining time-travel story, though slightly predictable and with a lackluster ending. Good stuff overall, but I didn't really like the artstyle all that much

Does things always have to be fully explained to you people? The first episode of the show literally establishes how the power works and that he just fucking has it, and then he gets thrusted into a crazy situation thereafter.

Does little babby also need to be spoonfed how the mana system works for the 8 billionth time in every isekai show you watch so you feel immersed enough after being exposed to 20 minutes of pointless world building exposition that serves literally no purpose to the plot other than to waste your time?

Explain Saga of Tanya the Evil then, as opposed to Little Girl's War Diary. Seems equally hard either way, except the original Japanese Youjo Senki which is twice shorter.

>While it was airing:
>Incredibly well done anime

>implying
There were a ton of issues besides le cuck meme.

>MC's powers are totally inconsistent
>changed future played like it's better for everyone but in reality it's outright worse for MC and his mom
>the ending was a mess

How is it even NTR and cuck if she wasn't even interested in the MC?

The MC only saved her so he can save his ass in present time and save his mom's ass from dying, he didn't go back in time just so he can secure some pussy

Please someone provide a legitimate counter argument to how this is anywhere close to NTR or cuck

>changed future played like it's better for everyone but in reality it's outright worse for MC and his mom
The main character had chronic depression and his mom was fucking dead in the old timeline.

>MCs life is outright worse
How do you figure that? It looks like he's enjoying his new life.

Because it's the localized title that whatever corporate execs at Aniplex decided was appropriate.

If you wanna be a rebel, and always want to type out "Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi" instead of Erased because you personally want to, then more power to ya, I was just trying to answer your question.

>why the fuck do people call it Erased?
Because that's the localized title, and it's quicker to type than the full romanji title.

I don't know why that would disprove my point. I said Erased was more convenient than the full Japanese title or a more literal English one because it was shorter. I personally use Youjo Senki for the same reason I'd use Erased, it's just shorter.

Are you autistic enough to have a whole folder full of autistic anime pics?

Outside of being dead, him and his mom had a pretty normal life.

In the new timeline, the mom pretty much gives up her entire life to take care of her vegetable son. The MC should need years of physical therapy since whatever bullshit care the mom gave him to justify him walking so soon wouldn't work in real life.

Of course not, what kind of user do you think I am?

Dumb show with asspulls and plot convenience constantly, but the first few episodes were alright.

Are you also autistic enough to be a Sup Forums pass user?

The reaction on here was better than the show

Live action version was better.

Normal? Sure. Satisfying or fulfilling? No. MC worked a dead end job as a pizza delivery guy, and he sure didn't look happy doing it.

But in the new timeline, he's a mangaka, and looks to be enjoying things a lot more. So as long as they are happy about things, then that sounds like an improvement to me.

Was it? Was wondering about whether to watch it. Describe parts of it.

Or maybe it's because it's written so vaguely at the beginning so that the author could do whatever asspulls he wanted to (like going back in time again to save Kayo - why? Who the fuck knows).

When the ability branches past what it's supposed to do, as defined in the exposition of the story, i.e. branching past the fact that it worked for him two times to prevent the death of Kayo, then if it doesn't get explained in any sense at all, then the ability is a plot convenience. Just a shitty way for the author to do whatever he wants without having to explain anything.

Satoru was easily shota of the year

Reg won 2017

I thought that was one of the points the show made - the MC did absolutely nothing in his free time in the first timeline, despite having talent and it got him as far as being in a coma did. The difference was in the second timeline, he was willing to risk showing his talent.

Its ripping off Back to the Future with George McFly.

I think Kayo was loli of '16 and Tanya was of '17.

I wasn't on board with the NTR meme until the manga (?) revealed that MC's mother deliberately tried to cockblock Hinazuki so, still loving MC, she threw herself on girlboy cock until she got pregnant and finally got over him.

Series was good but the author was way too transparent in his younger girl preferences, dumping Hinazuki after she graduated from being a loli and keping shipping MC with the millennial.

I don't recall anything about talent. But he was definitely unhappy with his life in the original timeline.

I thought it was implied that he had talent but was too scared to show it and pursue a career in it in the original timeline. Second timeline he did try and it worked.

Either way, he seems happier in the new timeline.

>still loving MC, she threw herself on girlboy cock until she got pregnant and finally got over him
What the fuck, I assumed she just naturally fell in love with the other guy.

He paints a narrative with his word choices, but yes Satoru's mom told Kayo to stop visiting him in the hospital and get a life, that it's her duty as a mother to wait but that Kayo is free to live her own life and that's what Satoru would've wanted. Thing is, that IS what Satoru would've wanted, he didn't cry because he was cucked LOL, he cried tears of joy because Kayo was alive at all. His mother isn't to blame either, she didn't know Satoru was the MC of an anime and has magic powers, it's pretty rare for people to wake up from several year long comas.

>watching it for shits and giggles with friends
>halfway through joke about the teacher probably being the killer
>get to the car scene with the candy in the glove box
>tfw we were right

first 6 episodes were great, retribution and end was lame

Sorry attempt of a serious show desu. MC's "power" appears and disappears whenever the plot demands.

Starts off well and dramatically declines and by the final episode is irredeemably shit