What does Sup Forums think of Yuasa?

What does Sup Forums think of Yuasa?

overrated pretentious shit director

Liked Tatami Galaxy

I love his work. The problem is with people that have bad taste

Different doesn't mean bad. Different is just different, it can be good or bad but yuasa's different is mastery when it comes to animation

If you understand how animation is made then you understand Yuasa's work. I don't understand why so many people hate him, we all know he is no traditional japanese animator but he breaks the mold and that makes him super great.

Space dandy, kaiba, tatami galaxy, mindgame, lu no uta, hime, pin pong, kickheart, and (seemingly) devilman are all great when it comes to animation, storyboard and direction.

Yuasa is a true hero

The problem is that there's a lot of peoole that don't want to get out of their comfort zone and expect to watch the same isekai, moeshit or shonen year after year

People like yuasa will always be remembered in this user's kokoro

Style over substance. Not saying that asa a negative, just that it's the easiest descriptor of his works.

Holy shit, fpbp for fucking once

ping pong was AOTY

I love him. He's currently the most talented director working in the industry right now. Very good at telling stories and conveying character emotions/relationships.
I think if he's given the right source material to work with, he can create a masterpiece. Ping Pong is an example of that.

I think you are confusing Yuasa with moeshit and shonenshit

My bad user but you may have autismo

God-tier for Ping Pong.

Ping Pong was good.

Mind Game is extremely underrated in here.
Yuasa has an amazing creativity and awareness of the posibilities animation offers.

>Mind Game is extremely underrated
Wrong, MG can't be underrated because there is no room under it. I'd actually think of myself as a Yuasa fan if it weren't for that god awful piece of shit.

Some 3d faggot.

He's one of the best, but pic above was kind of a miss for me. It was fun and had high production values, but the story and the themes wasn't as clear as his other works.

Don't care about the 3d losers that make anime.

Sup Forums likes him, IRC hates him

his best work was that maruko movie

He's fallen off in the last ten or so years but he's still more interesting than just about every one of his contemporaries

Wrong. Sup Forums used to circlejerk Mind Game and Kemonozume the same as newfags do Tatami and Ping Pong now.

His works are refreshing and simple to digest. Ping pong is pretty much my AOTD.

I love him.

I love him but don't get why everyone circle jerks over him for Ping Pong. Aside from maybe less than a handful of scenes, he didn't really add that much to the source material.

It's kino