Escaflowne

What really went wrong for this series? It was on the verge of becoming a masterpiece. It just fell apart towards the end.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zFAefE0bLjc?list=RDzFAefE0bLjc&t=45
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

cut third cour

Japan's economy crashed so third season got stuffed into second season.

Would you guys say it's still worth a watch? It's been on my backlog for a while.

well it was literally marketed as fujoshit. so it didn't have as good of a base as you thought. but really it went the same way as many kawamori projects - had good world and start, but goes to crap with crazy ideas and "oh shit i gotta have an ending too!" situation
ie eureka seven

if you're not burning for a new series, just watch the movie. it's animated well, and goes off on its own tangent so you really wouldn't get spoiled by watching that first. if you like the ideas you can then go thru the series

Ending was perfect !.

Wached this just for this song.
youtu.be/zFAefE0bLjc?list=RDzFAefE0bLjc&t=45

you have to watch the episodes to enjoy the LD extras

>using giant robots to trick guys into watching fujoshit
I'll never forgive them.

they also ruined a fun character

I loved "his" twist though. definitely unforgettable.

>fujoshit
I don't think you know what that means.

Yes.

The main problem of Escaflowne was that it didn’t have enough episodes compared to the amount of content that was supposed to be in it. The series was cut short and a lot of things were either shoved in quickly or glossed over at the end. It’s also not fujoshit, it’s one of those omnipandering shows like Code Geass or Magic Knight Rayearth.

>It just fell apart towards the end.
No it didn't.

It did though. Those last 5-6 episode were rushed as fuck.

>well it was literally marketed as fujoshit.
Are you confusing fujos with female otaku? There was a distinct lack of any homo and I can't recall promo art etc that implied it was gay.

Both are mistaking the terms. It was aimed at female readers which is different from what you guys said.

ESCA

It lost focus for like 5 episodes after fleeing Zaibach, that's the worse that happened to it. It picked up the pieces during the last 3 episodes. Also this is an isekai story that does the opposite of promoting escapism so all the retards get triggered.

I finished it recently and really like it, but the ending felt rushed. I read somewhere in the wiki that they wanted to flesh out the ending with more episodes but couldn't, and you can kind of tell by the pacing in the last 3 or 4 episodes.

The pacing at the beginning is god tier though. It was slow but intense and passionate, like making love for the first time.

Still one of the great classics. If you didn't know the ending was cut short, you might not notice that much, but it does feel rushed. From start to finish, though, it feels more like a real fantasy story rather than what we get now.

Not rushed in the usual sense, that implies they ran out of time to finish properly plotting and timing things.

It was forcibly condensed because they got their third cour funding cut partway through the later half of the series, so 39 episodes suddenly had to become 26 when they were already 16 or so in.

I'm still interested in what it should have been, but I don't think they should go back and try and redo it, they wouldn't be able to get it to fit with what was finished.

Episode 23 is legit rushed as fuck and the weakest episode of the show, the last third is overall fast paced to resolve things.

>It just fell apart towards the end.
Come to think of it. I don't remember the fucking ending.

The only place I found it to be rushed in was with the reveal of Dilandaeu's past, which was hastily explained. I also get this feeling that the ending wasn't intended to be a "goodbye forever", but they just didn't have enough time to explain that it wasn't.

Dilandau died as a character at the end of episode 14. He's a plot device past that point.

>escaflowne
>fujoshit
The only remotely homo thing about Escaflowne was the relationship between Dilandau and his Dragon Slayers but even that was eventually ruined by hetshit.

I fucking hated it. Not only did it mean my favourite character never existed, but I felt attacked in my sexuality.
Try to picture what it would feel like if your waifu suddenly turned out to be a guy. I've probably never been so btfo by an anime before.

>Try to picture what it would feel like if your waifu suddenly turned out to be a guy

It was never gonna be a masterpiece. Escaflowne is just harmless fun with above average production values and god tier artists taking the wheel.
But at the end of the day it's still 50% shoujoshit (the bad kind) and the plot was really nothing great. Yeah no, it was never gonna be a masterpiece.