Was this a good year for One Piece?

Was this a good year for One Piece?
Keep in mind this was the first chapter from this year.

...I liked Katakuri.

It was but everyone will scream about "HURRRR IT'S SHIT BECAUSE OF RUNNING! I HATE RUNNING SO MUCH! RUN PIECE! HURRR DURRRR I WANT MUH FIGHTS"

>ellipsis

I liked everything that Carrot accomplished, even if BM made it pretty much moot in the end by jumping onto the Thousand Sunny.

>in an entire year that was all the progress

Christ...I unironically love One Piece, but it's insane how slow it's progressing.

I think it was a very good year for One Piece! WCI is one of my favorite arcs in a while. The pacing is a legitimate complaint though, hope it gets fixed sometime! Let's try to have a good thread guys!

2017 was the year of Pudding so yes.

This was the first chapter? One Piece is moving slower than I thought. They must really not want this series to end anytime soon.

It's impossible for the pace to ever be fixed again, I mean just look at Gintama, that's what happens when the author has to wrap up the threads in a fucking gag manga...since half One Piece's appeal is built around its world, it will only continue to slow down until the end

That said, I think because it has to move at a glacial pace is why there's a lot of major arcs and stories that will just be a few chapters or offscreen simply to keep things progressing at all (like things people think will all be separate arcs will be bundled together)

i think it was a great year. I caught up from about a few chapters before the cracker fight up to present and they got a lot of shit done. had a blast reading it all within a week or so.pacing is good for the arc and so far, much better than the dressrosa arc. It must be so shitty to read this 1 chapter a week peppered with breaks. Brook a best.

He likes you too

>slow pace is bad!!!
Not the manga fault you're complete babies.

Yes. WCI is the best One Piece arc so far in my opinion.

There's no need to be antagonistic user, what is it about the slow pace that you find helps the series in some way?

I'd put it on par with Water 7/Alabasta/Skypiea but best so far? That's a pretty unique opinion

I think the pacing is fine when you think of everything that happened this year.
Bege went from some random side character to an actual fantastic badass, we got the chaos at the wedding, and the chase following the wedding.
Each piece comprised quite a bit of action, intensity, and a large variety of characters playing their parts.

What is the best arc in your opinion? and please don't tell it's Marineford.

We got Katakuri this year, and that's all that matters.

He's an oda cockrider

Jaya.
I thnk the arc is underrated in terms of its importance, execution, and thematic content. It serves as the overarching message of One Piece, the idea that the 'Romance of Adventure' is what's most important.
And it serves this theme through the clash of ideals between Luffy, Bellamy, Cricket, and Blackbeard as well as by presenting a fascinating mystery about a possible island in the sky that despite being a complete detour on their adventure and a possible death sentence for the crew, fulfills that promise of a grand adventure full of promise that Luffy and all the readers as well, should live for.

Yes.

Good taste!

Plus Sanji lost his virginity to Robin there. The leg hair confirms it.

>that was all

From Luffy and Nami being freed to Brook stealing the poneglyphs to Sanji made up with Luffy to the entire assassination plot to Luffy vs Katakuri and baking.

"that was all"?

I don't know how that fucking editor thought Oda would finish all that AND the rest of this arc, start and finish Reverie and get to Wano in a year. That is legit retarded thinking.

the greatest shonen of all time had a good year

i was worried that once they had escaped whole cake, the arc would have took a turn for the worst but honestly? with the amount of good shit that it's being thrown at us, this second part is getting every chapter better and better. just to list a few:
>mama showcasing her fighting kit
>nami commanding king baum, stealing zeus and directing the crew in luffy's absence
>luffy against katakuri
>bege and his family
>carrot and her sulong form
>a fucking naval battle, finally
>pound and pedro's sacrifices
>jinbei, the helmsman
>perospero and katakuri's characters being fleshed out

For One piece - yes, lots of great moments, lots of Oda's goofiness, lots of unpredictable turns and lots of character highlights. For One piece threads - no, since there's now one really obnoxious retard that can't shut up about his nonsensical ship. But then again pretty much every thread nowadays has at least one of those, some have it even worse, so I guess it's just a staple of the time.

>the anime reached this point
Wew

There was also one of the darkest flashbacks so far, where a retard cannibalized her family in an eating rampage.

I've been a diehard fan of the series since 2002, but I feel like other WSJ manga were able to outshine it this year as more memorable (Dr. Stone and The Promised Neverland). Ton of great moments ranging from the fucking Big Mom flashback to the Fire Tank alliance, but for such a solid series it is a victim of its own length since the pacing has bogged down. Though I'm sure this arc as a whole will be better received once it is over and can be read in one go, much like Skypiea.