m.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Pjgs9I9Ns
youtube.com/watch?v=On1CsbTwlDs
youtube.com/watch?v=24FCZwo6KYE
youtube.com/watch?v=XrdbZT5luns
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

People are uncultured plebs

it looks like that hipster table tennis anime

unfitting animation style

Because narutards just want a slideshow of colored manga panels.

High quality animation means fuckall if the end product looks highly unappealing, which it did.
Animation can be technically impressive and still look bad.

>Sup Forums is being this contrarian

Fuck off, this shit looked terrible back then and still looks terrible now. Their bodies are made of flesh, not fucking jelly.

because retards can't stand art going off model

Fluidity doesn't equate to quality.

Did you just assume his body composition, bigot.

bodies turn to jelly on high speed you mongoloid. Hell you can even just watch boxing in slowmo and you can see their faces gets deformed.

Idk

I loved that fight and i thought the animation was funny

>slowmo

This is clearly not slowmo, buddy

That's not the best animated scene in Naruto, don't be retarded.

it is, if it wasn't why wasn't he just blown the fuck out

I'm not your buddy, friend

I'm not your friend, pal

not your friend, buddy.

not your pal, friend

ok I rewatched it and take it back, how the fuck wasn't he destroyed with that punch

Wait this was a real episode?
I remember seeing this fight in YouTube ages ago when I was getting into the chink cartoons and I thought this was fanmade

Because some people have awful taste

Fluid animation =/= good animation

>not Kakashi vs Obito
Nice bait, faggot.

That was the gayest fight. Half of it was flashbacks

Elaborate

case and point

People are autistic and want 1:1 perfect animation instead of stuff with stylistic quality.

I'll never forget the disappointement as a kid when this episode aired. I'm borderline underage but this redpilled me so hard on source material being superior to any anime adaptation

It might be great animation but it doesn't look good. There's tons of better sakuga found elsewhere, especially in Naruto's OPs.

>Sup Forums terminology
>borderline underage
Just pointing this out.

>manga looks way better (and ununrealistic to animate) than the anime so they go for a more unique style

This is not uncommon you mega-pleb.

>It took a behemoth of a fuck up to get 'le redpilld xd'
You would think a poltard would know better about that kind of shit

>did not convey an opinion
>posted an image that did not convey an opinion
>get called a mega-pleb
my pain is far greater than yours

>faggots pausing on an in-between and calling it bad animation
It's basic squash&stretch, which is done to emphasize speed and motion.
Having every in-between be "pretty" is roughly the same amount of work for a worse payoff. The animation becomes stiff and lifeless.

That picture was never meant to be a standalone portrait, so it shouldn't be held to that sort of scrutiny. Just like the one moment where Sasuke is about to breathe fire, and his head cranes to the side. You have to look at the entire animation to judge if a keyframe is bad. Soyboys will pause and say
>..b-but
>that's not pretty like m-my
>*guzzles cum*
>like m-my MANGA

hacks

That’s not an inbetween though, the character looks like that for multiple seconds at a time

looks like amerigoblin

Basically what I mean is there’s more to good looking animation that consistent cel drawings. Just because shapes flow smoothly into one another, doesn’t make it good animation.
Look at most flash animation. You can do some pretty incredible stuff, but for the most part it looks somewhat amateurish because computer generated animation, even though technically smooth, lacks weight and substance.
Western shows like Total Drama Island or Family Guy have fluid animation, but it’s low quality simply because they don’t treat the characters as if they are real people standing in a world with regular physics. Also because they often reuse frames and animations, and because its full of repetitive minimal actions.
Technically sound in terms of how it’s animated, but flawed simply because the techniques employed aren’t skilled.

For more examples of what I mean by low quality fluid animation, look at any go animate cartoon. Particularly walking cycles.
The walking cycles are fluid, but because they don’t carry any weight and aren’t linked to real world movements, it’s a poor animation

m.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Pjgs9I9Ns

>It's basic squash&stretch, which is done to emphasize speed and motion.
You can still make this look bad if sequences like were not proof enough.

It felt really out of place for what was supposed to be the biggest fight.

It was well animated but the animation style was completely wrong.
This shit belongs in a rubber hose 30s cartoon, not a fucking anime fight you're supposed to take seriously.

It was ridiculous, you have mental problems if you liked it.

>redpill
>Sup Forums terminology

Ya. Not exactly Matrix anymore, is it

I think it is considered bad animation because it lacks any sort of impact in the movements of the characters, and the visual distortion of the characters lack any sort of purpose.

First of all, many of the punches or blows feel like they have an impact when landed, but many also do not, which may influence why people say it is shit.

Characters can be off-model in animation, there is nothing wrong with that, but it has to have some kind of purpose, distorting the model of the characters just because ''its muh style'' can have a pretty shit result.
Compare something like Mindgame (or any of Yuassa's work), he uses a very messy and distorted art style in his shows and movies, but thats what adds to the overall messy and crazy direction his work has.
The Pain fight did not need that kind of goofy distortion of the character models.
Making the characters look goofy and off-model for the sake of doing so is not very effective in most cases. Just look at Steven Universe for an example, characters are often off-model for the sake of being off-model and thats why it tends to look like shit, because there is a lack of purpose.

youtube.com/watch?v=On1CsbTwlDs

it clearly is.

Looks good to me

MEEP MEEP

I would commit the sin of murder for animation of this level for my favorite series.

That’s every shounen fight ever.

I get what you are saying, but this is not a single keyframe you need to pause at the right moment to see
youtube.com/watch?v=24FCZwo6KYE

this. you can have fluid animations without looney tunes distorted bullshit.

vid very related youtube.com/watch?v=XrdbZT5luns

How about this trade: from now on, Boruto/One Piece/Dragon Ball Super get extended stillframes with occasional "moving too fast to see" action scenes, and the extra budget is given to other series with less brain dead mongoloid audiences?

not tis one

Okay, post proof. Or is that what the dogshit you posted supposed to be...?

they had better scenes

When are you going to post them?

Faggots that can't differentiate between bad animation and bad art.

Don't play chicken and post up, friend

Brainlets dont understand sakugakino

I find this kind of animation disappointing because it's too rigid, too on-model at all times at the cost of accentuated, expressive shapes. The dynamism of the battle isn't conveyed as well as it could be.

*blocks your path*

Sarutobi getting punched by the first did this much better.

>promising if a little fucked with weight and momentum
>until it goes full retard

>Sup Forums will actually argue this is good animation

Never stops being funny

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU MISS
IT'S LITERALLY MAGIC
WHY DOES INJURY SIMPLY NEVER HAPPEN IN BATTLE SHOUNEN, IT'S EITHER BANDAGES OR INSTANT DEATH.

Best fight coming through.

Series ended here for me.

Super special eyes that increase accuracy
Opponent is tied and can't move nor Dodge.
The attack misses.
How?

>not here

Agreed, but the last arc of part 1 had Tayuya.

>tfw went back to rewatch that scene

Holy fuck, it really went downhill

Endgame then was the peak cultivated skill, absolute cunning and unique abilities,
Endgame in shippuuden was literal kaijubattles and nukes

>the first broke edo tensei in shippuuden but not in original

What?

Also was it ever explained how they got the sealed souls back?

>technically impressive
I've seen more impressive stuff handled in SOL shows. What the fuck?

They cut the belly of the reaper.

Had Naruto ended here, it would've been an amazing fairly short anime of about 80 episodes.

I get being off model for sakuga but this was just retarded.
Only contrarians believe shit like this is acceptable