Mahoutsukai no Yome 12

Chise is so beautiful. This was one of the best episodes of the year. Phoenix part was gave me shivers.

Elias is moe.

They fucked up the phoenix scene at the end by rushing the arrival and recycling the opening scenes.

Isn't the opening scene taken from the episode? I like it. It was like poetry, it rhymed

am i retarded or is iruna etelro (lindel's song) not on the ost

I'm on episode 9 and it's so hard to watch. It's so goddamn boring man

>recycling the opening scenes
I'm pretty sure the OP is taken from the episode rather than the other way around.

They kept a nice rythm throughout the scene then lost continuity in the last 3 shots, you never actually see Elias picking her up or at least some close ups of their faces to strenghten the emotional impact of that scene. They simply used the same 3 cuts as the OP and that was it.

It's not on the OP, it will be released later, afther cour 2.

i kind of lost interest in this show when they totally botched the execution of ruth's flashback. it felt soulless.

Anyone got the flaming Chise webm? With music, if external link.

elias is an abomination and deserves to be removed. along with titania and puck and all of those other unholy monsters.

Look, I'm just as much of a Christian as the next guy, but so far in the anime we haven't seen anything indicating that Elias is a fallen angel who's fate is already decided.

They fucked up the Phoenix scene by making it look like it was a big deal. Kind of like they do with every single scene of something happening in the show, because of how uneventful it is.

How is it not a big deal? She's got some needed mentoring from the dragon, got happy and tested her new powers.

I liked it. Like said it felt like pottery.

I watched this episode at 2.00x speed and the music during the phoenix scene made me laugh.

That's because it's boring (and I'm someone who enjoys slice of life). Visually it's beautiful but I can only watch it if I skip through it.

Episode 9 was one of the best episodes so far though. It's been a pretty shit adaption.

It's a nice milestone but it's not an epic midseason climax either. It wasn't that big of a deal.

It had no impact to me because I'd already seen it in the OP. It also reminded me how fucking lazy the OP sequence was.

I WANT TO FLY

I want to marry this pokemon.

It spent too long on prolonged shots in the flight sequence just to match the song length. If they wanted to reprise so much it wouldn't have killed them to come up with a few original scenes instead of trying to be 100% faithful to the original material. At the very least they shouldn't have aired the OP at all if they were just going to reuse the song 16 minutes later.

Case in point, is an 18 second shot, a 20 second shot. They outstay their welcome. The second shot in particular is pretty bad because in that 20 seconds all that happens is it rotates around 5 full times, but it barely looks any different from the front and back so it appears more like 10 times. Just do a mild zoom, make it travel up the screen slowly, anything other than having it spin lifelessly in the center of the screen the whole time.

I don't know, maybe I wouldn't be bothered by this stuff if I could actually understand the lyrics to give me something to occupy my mind with, but subtitling songs is apparently out of bounds for most companies now.

>They outstay their welcome
I disagree entirely. MnY is at its strongest with music, art and animation. First half of the ep was dialogue heavy. Less dialogue and more "nothing happening" is exactly what the ep needed and they delievered.

Honestly it wouldn't be so bad if it used a new insert song OST. Using the OP for that nice line up shot when she jumps in the Elias arms was a cool choice and all but it did make those shots a little more boring.
That one shot with the old dragon and Chise flying was even longer but it wasn't so bad since the song was new.

It's a stop and smell the flowers kind of thing and I love it because of that.

They've sticked pretty damn close to the manga and it's really well paced with its highs and lows.

All you niggers calling it boring need to stop being underage b& with shit taste and no attention span.

i want elias to fuck me

what bothers me more than the pace is the poor character writing. Chise is such an idiot

>she's directly called out about Stockholm syndrome by two people but its never really resolved
>Lindel tells her Elias is a random monster he found one day in the woods, and that Elias told him he was pretty sure he'd eaten people before
>Chise: shocked for two seconds
>Anyway I got to go back to Elias now! Bye Limdel!

I know she's 15 and everything but christ, she deserves to be eaten

>Chise: shocked for two seconds
The whole point is that she's not shocked at all.

Your post basically boils down to
>Chise is an idiot and writing is bad because I'm a normalfag

making decisions some people would consider unsafe doesnt make someone an idiot

and a character making bad decisions does not mean they are poorly written

chise is a very believable character desu, her story and motivations make perfect sense

They fucked up by having still frames and looping animation fill massive holes in their budget. They did the same thing with Nevin's song, something like 30s on one still frame.

I like the series but Wit is being incredibly cheap with it in the most important parts.

Is this new Rhino Tohsaka?

I expected Lindel's song to be more mystical, celtic-like. Instead I got what sounded like a typical Japanese love song you usually find during a night-festival dating episode.

Meh.

Same. I suppose all parts not from the source material aren't subject to the author's level of westaboo.

>
>making decisions some people would consider unsafe doesnt make someone an idiot

Um...

>and a character making bad decisions does not mean they are poorly written

When her bad choices are framed as the correct decision, it kinda does

how are they framed as the correct decision? you said yourself that it was obvious how they were pointed out to be bad decisions

I don't see how her decisions is bad. If anything, she's acting too logical for the broken person she is.

i wouldnt say its exactly logical, but it is reasonable considering her state

Just a reminder that Elias has seen everything.

the dragon was dying user. it told her it was gonna show her the one moment it was happiest in the sky so its mind went to a single moment. I dont seem to recall my memories played out like a movie in fast forward. that 1 single moment is the moment that left the greatest impression on the dragon to the point it was able to recall it in its last minutes of life. Go ahead and remember your childhood word for word, second by second

Chise is pretty much insufferable for me, but at least she was slightly more active in this episode and she did something without Elias being in her shadow to come rescue her.