ITT Manga you want to get a faithful adaptation

ITT Manga you want to get a faithful adaptation
>inb4 berserk

alita, gantz, dorohedoro, vagabond, i am a hero, eden

>mfw they were planning to make an anime but didn't go through with it because it was "too gory for Japanese TV"

If they were to faithfully adapt BA Alita I'd still be happy if they changed certain things so it didn't feel as rushed, specially towards the end, some plot points made more sense, the second romance was actually given time and spoiler Ido didn't get thrown away as character because of some revelation that isn't that well explained anyhow

Its going to be shit. Anyone with an ounce of pattern recognition knows as much. So why do I still feel hope?

>watch trailer
>character has super big eyes while everyone else is a normal human
Is this suppose to be some kind of joke?

Already got my wish fulfilled.

The OVA was a pretty good adaption of the beginning parts of the manga. If it got a full series the amount of content would be ridiculous, although I don't have much hope for the current adaption though.

>oh noez she haz beeg eyez!

Shut the fuck up.

Patlabor, since the manga is never going to be translated. There already is an anime but it goes back and forth between following the manga and being its own thing.

>I think its okay!
But the vast majority of people in the west are going to think its stupid and skip the movie.

Goblin slayer
It would be fun to see autism king animated

>inb4 not a manga

It is aimed at normies.

Nothing, adaptions ruin manga.

Chrono Crusade Brotherhood when

vinland

You haven't read any manga that hasn't been fully translated?

I only watched the anime. Is the manga that different?

The announcement from 2015 was for nothing?

>inb4 berserk
I want Berserk though.

She's a robutt, her face is fake just like the other robutts that all have dude faces

The second half of the show is entirely anime-only content from Gonzo. The manga has a completely different storyline, especially Aion's characterization and the final arc.

Mahou Sensei Negima and UQ Holders.

Kimetsu no Yaiba, but it hasn't got an Anime yet.

Akira.

Berserk.

Well, I was dumb for assuming that the anime is just a straight up adaptation of the manga the whole time then.

I'm putting the manga in my backlog here.

I feel this would do well.

I'd rather get a The Breaker adaptation and have NW never mentioned. It would be perfect for an OVA.

I think the format would lend itself to an anime pretty well, arguably moreso then as a manga, but there's no way an anime will do the super nice art oon certain pages like that justice

Why does she have big eyes? Is there a plot relevant reason for it? If not, then it just looks like the Hollywood adapters were making some kind of nod to its anime origins. Which is fucking stupid and insulting to anime fans. In other words, an already niche movie is going to drive away the only real people who were going to watch it.

Hollywood always does this shit with every anime adaptation, which is why they all fail so hard.

Apparently. It never did anything except give us a new Megumi single.

BLOGPOST

I don't even like the manga that much, I think it's flawed and unsatisfactory on many levels, so I understand why every time it's adapted, the people in charge always try to tweak it one way or the other. Maybe the manga can be improved upon, maybe it can't.
But it doesn't matter because none of that shit should have happened. Every year I notice more and more things wrong with the franchise as a whole and I wish I could stop caring about it, but I can't and it pisses me off. I hate being a GitS fan and I fucking hate how famous and awkward and clunky the franchise is. I hate the fact that it's more celebrated and prolific than Appleseed and Dominion and Orion. I hate the fact that it's the de facto entry point into Shirow's works. It should have gotten a faithful OVA adaptation back in 1993, and that's it. No movie, no TV series, no further manga, no awkward re-imaginings, and definitely no live action. That would have been better than what we ended up with. So I want a faithful adaptation to happen, flaws and all, because I have this fantasy that it would somehow retroactively cancel out all the bullshit, and all the bad execution choices that went into the franchise as we know it.

>those other adaptions exisitng somehow weakens the original work

dumbass

The main character looks pretty weird on this cover.

I want it to get the proper adaptation treatment. I would be happy with them starting from when he was hiding out as Eriks.

vampire hunter d

Which Manga? Nice art.

Yotsuba.

Either a full series for Blame or Biomega I don't care just not fucking KoS

>Crows
>Worst
>Tough
>Rokudenashi blues
>Bebop high school
>Vagabond
>Terra formars

forgot to add sunken rock

These and Soul Eater.

20th Century Boys
Pluto
Billy Bat
Lucifer and The Biscuit Hammer
Fruits Basket
Adekan

Doesn't Alita (or Gally, take your pick) have bigger eyes in the manga anyway, as compared to the other characters?

Eh, James Cameron has been wanting to do Battle Angel Alita for years now. Now that he's finally getting his shot I'm gonna give it a chance. Hey, he did Terminator.

>Doesn't Alita (or Gally, take your pick) have bigger eyes in the manga anyway, as compared to the other characters?

No, and fuck you. Merry Christmas.

Happy holidays to you too.

because Cameron wanted to make sure his waifu looked the same as she did i the manga....No seriously from the beginning he said she'd be a cg character and is using the Avatar tech on this.

>Dorohedoro

Bless you, user. Your taste is top tier.

I'm on chapter 111 as of today and it is one of the greatest things I never knew existed.

Three days of happiness

Pretty Face into a 12 episodes anime better know as 1 cour

i just love that mango so much.

Negima

>The OVA was a pretty good adaption of the beginning parts of the manga.
On the contrary, it ruined everything except maybe the Hugo romance.

Not manga but man is this shit good.

Fire Punch.

Is it really too much to ask for to get a full adaptation of a cute gun-toting, muscle-car-driving, bounty-hunting lesbian?

It also creates a continuity error in that the anime original chick who is another exiled Zalem citizen gets her organs harvested and we see that she still has a brain instead of the microchip that she should have.

Konbe-ni and My balls!
The collective nut of Sup Forums could fertilize the entirety of the Sahara desert.

Yes.

All the other anime to live action failed because of lack of big eye for main character.

Now we have big eye for main character, its bound to succeed right?

>Is it really too much to ask for to get a full adaptation of a cute gun-toting, muscle-car-driving, bounty-hunting
Agree—
>lesbian?
Fuck off to . No, Burst does not count and never happened.

I forgot about that, but that's further proof that every scene Chiren is in makes a turn for the worse. She shouldn't even exist in the setting. The manga is quite explicit about how rare it is for Zalemians to be on earth, with Ido and Desty Nova being the only known ones. Furthermore, Vector gets killed off in the OVA, which would leave the Scrap Yard doomed without supplies.

But I don't know at what point the manga was when the OVA was made, so some of the plot points might have still been unknown at the time.

>Burst does not count and never happened.
>waaah! Canonical things that happened don't count because i'm a little baby who can't handle girls liking girls!

Would be nice. The only copies of the OVA I managed to find on the internet were pretty shitty quality. The manga was pretty good though.

Dr. Stone

For some reason the whole of humanity turned into stone one day. Thousands of years passed and some people started to change back.

I couldn't take reading it because one of the MCs is an ultra genius in everything. I couldn't see how there will be any challenge if the hard part is just gathering materials and processing them.

I think there is an antagonist that is all survival of the fittest and doesn't what the MCs bringing people back that didn't fight for it.

You dunce, they did make a OVA

Dis.

Burst was shit and she was only lesbian while on drugs.

Claymore.

Dorohedoro and Dungeon Meshi would be amazing.

>Never getting an adaptation: Lolicon Phoenix
NEET becomes a superhero protecting a loli from perverts.
>Would be nice: Goblin wa Mou Juubun ni Tsuyoi
Cute goblin killing cute girls.
>Getting an adaptation, but nervous about it; Jyashin-chan Dropkick
Goth loli college student summons a lamia. Lamia wants to kill her, but gets brutally beaten, maimed, mauled, mutilated, and otherwise bashed by instant karma. Translations fucking when

Oh god. Yes please!

fucking this

>Inb4 berserk
Berserk.

What manga is this?

It's James Cameron, normie emperor.

Never in a million years will we get to see anything in Battle Angel Alita Last Order animated. Especially this crazy fight.

Legal Drug/Drug & Drop
Also does liking Drug & Drop make you gay?
Or even better would be Despera
>nb4 not a manga

they do, though.

Trigun Maximum
Rokudenashi Blues

>dorohedoro
came to the thread to post this, blessed taste senpai

Franken Fran

It would've been perfect if they gave her smaller nose or mouth. To keep the similarity to manga, if they went with eyes

part 1 was good rest is trash

I want a Flame of Recca do over. I mean I kind of liked the anime we did get, but it was heavily flawed in a lot of regards and it stopped short only covering like a third of the series with massive cliffhangers. But keep Fuuko's hair pink. I like it better. She's best girl.