We still haven't recovered from the loss of nyaa.eu

>we still haven't recovered from the loss of nyaa.eu
Is the golden age of anime availability over? Plenty of old shows will never have actively seeded torrents again. It's all shit ripped from crunchyroll now. Anything that isn't on crunchyroll or has an active niche following is practically nonexistent.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.bakabt.me/index.php/DO_NOT_UPLOAD
anizb.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nah, it's all right, I got me into a private tracker.

Aren't AB applications open now? If they're not then it's your fault for missing your chance. It's piss easy to get in.

AB has shitty encodes and BakaBT has gone full autist with not allowing certain bittorrent clients (and recommending fucking UTORRENT of all clients) and having a literal "DO NOT UPLOAD" list for licensed shows.

who gives a shit
old anime is bad anyway

>AB has shitty encodes
AB has (almost) every encode retard. You should know which ones to pick by now.

I find old anime to be really comfy.

Is qBittorrent good?

I use it, it's fine. If you were using uTorrent before it will feel familiar interface and functionality wise.

wiki.bakabt.me/index.php/DO_NOT_UPLOAD
>no loli/shota
>no licensed shows
>no doujinshi
>no raws
THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF PRIVATE TRACKERS
YOU INTERVIEW FOR THIS AND TREAT HAVING AN ACCOUNT LIKE A BADGE OF HONOR, KEK

>he haven't watched all the worthwhile old shows before Nyaa died
Only have yourself to blame, buddy.

Jesus christ.

Imagine being this stupid

What the fuck is the point of going private if you still don't allow licensed shit? Fucking retarded.

I tried applying 4 times before giving up after being rejected every single time.

nyaa pantsu is still up nerd

What was the reason given for rejection? I got in the first time and I'm pretty dumb.

Git gud, faggot

Nyaa.si is still up

I just stream it all from obscure russian video hosting sites.

Apparently my responses were deemed insufficient or some shit.
I've applied with both try hard responses and normal responses to their questions.
The only thing I can think of that would have been against me is not linking a MAL account or similar shit since I don't use any of that.

>watching old anime
That's your problem, grandpa.

And nyaa.pantsu.cat too.

Unless they changed their policies it's not the MAL account thing. I didn't link anything like that. Maybe I got a more generous reviewer.

How?
I said having a favorite anime was for niggers and faggots and that I came to know about the site from my homies at Sup Forums and got in fine.

> Anything that isn't on crunchyroll or has an active niche following is practically nonexistent
I'm not really sure what you're on about, because nyaa was never a good source for anything that wasn't either new or hugely popular. I think you might be talking about the loss of bakabt, not nyaa.

what? nyaa.eu is up and running just go check it out.

Heard you the first time, PantsuDev.

>no raws
nani the fuck? that sure is healthy for subgroups, wew lad

Not even memeing on the fourth try got me in, since at that point I just stopped giving a shit.
I really can't think of anything else against me. If giving it a try three times in a row wasn't enough then I'd rather ask around for an invite when I actually feel like using their site, because it's not worth putting up with that shit any longer than I already have.

don't get your hopes up for an invite unless you know someone irl w/ access to AB. Theres also the tracker RPG if you really wanted to get in

USE MY SITE U CUNT

This is the future, Sup Forums. Don't look away.

>>no licensed shows
well duh. If you are a poorfag get a job.

Never heard of whatever tracker RPG you're talking about, but I know enough people over IRC who could probably hook me up.
If not then it probably wouldn't be so bad bending over for even BakaBT to have access to some stuff if I really wanted it.

anizb.org/

I had already downloaded everything old that I wanted. I am set for life.

>DO NOT UPLOAD
i hope they will stop with this soon, since it went private

Streaming is the patrician choice.

But the golden age is now, everything is available on kissanime.

You had enough time watching all good old shows, your fault for being either lazy or a newfag.

This.

>you had enough time reading all good old books, your fault for being a newfag.
>Now pay us no heed as we burn books and remove them from existence. You don't need to reread or rewatch anything old. Just continue consuming new, appropriate media designed for our generation. Don't think, don't look back to old media. It's all useless trash, trust us. Trust us. Stop thinking.

>OP need Nyaa for download Horriblesubs releases because horriblesubs.info is blacklisted because some reason

>we still haven't recovered from the loss of nyaa.eu
What are any of the nyaa clones
>Is the golden age of anime availability over?
If you aren't a member on AB, yes.
>Plenty of old shows will never have actively seeded torrents again.
Old shows were never well seeded on nyaa.
>It's all shit ripped from crunchyroll now.
This was happening well before nyaa went poof
>Anything that isn't on crunchyroll or has an active niche following is practically nonexistent.
If you have an AB account, there is nothing wrong. Without an AB account, I will concede I could see how times are pretty rough.

What the fuck is wrong with using uTorrent 2.2.1?

fucking retards ITT heh

A lot of (old) licensed shows have bad encoding quality, or in an outdated format. It's still not allowed, even if it's not the localized release that's uploaded (IIRC, I missed out applying for a new account when BakaBT went private).

Why even be private then? The fuck.

>got mine, fuck you
Great mindset, user.

I use broadcasthenet for airing shows and Animebytes for blurays and DVDs. Anyone who actually cares about anime is on private trackers.

Thanks, I've been looking for a Kill la Kill phone wallpaper

Name ONE (1) good show that was lost forever

To enforce rules. If you enforce rules about seeding, older torrents don't die as easily. What a concept.

It's not 2.0.4

What does banning raws, loli/shota (aka "anything I deem as something that hurts my feelings"), doujinshi, and preventing licensed shows from being uploaded have to do with seeding old torrents?

You can have a private tracker that has ratio/seed rules without going full retard.

>being rejected from AB's application

Fucking lol, how do you fuck up that badly. Maybe your butt buddy has an invite for you.

The staff is too lazy to do away with these old rules, in all likelihood.

That happens when you're favorite anime are shit.

You must be generally retarded if you couldn't get on AB this month.

Those are in place to ensure the longevity of the site. It's very easy to get taken down for any of those things. I understand your point, but at least there's a portion of anime that will outlive public trackers if it's like this.

>check AB
>retarded fucking application form asking me about what a ratio is and what anime music I like

Well user, which anime music do you fancy?

If you can't be bothered to answer such easy questions, good riddance.

And they say hoarding anime was a bad thing. Mean while here I sit, with my 4TB of anime comfy and happy. Maybe one day, I'll be assed to see what is and isn't being uploaded or seeded and do something about it to get some of the classics I have, back into the wild.

One day.

>>we still haven't recovered from the loss of nyaa.eu
We literally have. There is basically no anime that has been lost because of nyaa's death.

The future relies on good people such as yourself. Sleeper agents against the rising tide of censorship in the name of corporate interests.

Got kicked off AB for being inactive for the second time, I'm assuming you've got to come up with a pretty good reason to get back in. For some reason I didn't get email warnings, thought they used to do that

When we built nyaa.si and nyaa.pantsu, we found people in jurisdictions who would be unaffected by any copyright issues. Longevity is not hard to do if you start from first principles.

Just stream it.

What counts as inactivity?

--and why exactly did you make Nyaa.si and Nyaa.pantsu? Please explain. You're right though.

>casuals

What hurt with Nyaa falling wasn't the loss of anime, but the loss of music, hentais and other otaku interests that were searchable by it. The Nyaa mirrors are decent for anime but the loss of those hashes and torrent files were devastating as there isn't a similar repository for such things, nor a website like CR where you can rip things. Apple, Spotify don't carry the shit I could have gotten off Nyaa, so there's no way to buy it either.

Well, I helped with development of both of them. As for why, well without getting too far into Sup Forums territory, I'd say it's because I'm opposed to copyright, I'm opposed to letting the corporations dictate what we can and cannot do, and I'm opposed to those who want to milk our hobby and our community dry.

10 weeks of not using the site.

If you're a PU or have donated you won't get disabled.

You can ask them to re enable your account but I wouldn't make a habit of it.

That's not the answer I was expecting. The reason was because Nyaa.se went down, proving that public trackers go down all the time. Thank you for fighting copyright tyranny.

Who the fuck watches animated hentai, anyway?

yeah we should let anybody profit off of other people's ideas

please make an anime so i can steal anything i feel like from it and you can't do anything about it besides crying me a river

t.AB mod
stop shilling your shitty site here

That was the impetus, but not the reason. The reason underlies the impetus which sets it into motion.

Let me clarify: I'm opposed to the system of copyright as it exists today. I support preventing big businesses from stealing ideas from people, but I don't support this elaborate system of restrictions on the fundamental human activity of sharing information.

Answering what a ratio is should be extremely easy and the music thing is optional.

That's more understandable.

So american then yah? Shit needs a serious rewrite since the current system is defined by mickey fucking mouse. It needs a serious rewrite to allow for modern media

> >no doujinshi
Nothing wrong with it.

Some people, not me. I used nyaa for lossless idolmaster, jpop music that wasn't available on gendo because it's "not anime". Killing nyaa made it so that even if you found the old hashes and torrent files, most people couldn't, so you are dependent on old seeds. And you can obviously only share what you already have, and getting things from the original sources - digital discs or share/perfect dark - are very dangerous considering the payoff.
The bottom line is my old man heart cannot be healed by the encouragement of adult women pretending to be the little girl.

Imagine being baited this easily

I don't speak Portuguese and I like having a single episode downloaded in LESS than an hour, thanks though.

What’s dangerous about physical or PD?

It's not May anyone user it works fine now

I got in on my first try. I didn't even list my favorite anime, but I did list some mango though.

Right? I have just about every old show I'd ever want to watch. I'm happy just getting rips of newer shit.

Physical isn't dangerous per se, but it's expensive, slow, hard to acquire and not exactly easy to run due to R1/R2 encoding differences. You need a lot of infrastructure and some intense autism to import Japanese music CDs.
PD is dangerous in certain countries because of the contents of the Unity folder. As you know, CP was not illegal in Japan until very recently and it's still traded quite frequently. Use of PD almost guarantees you will get some CP. Possession of the hash with CP in it is equivalent to downloading/possessing CP even if it's inaccessible to you. I would rather not go to jail for CP just because I want my lossless idolmaster for free.

Nah physical is just expensive. Most of the time you can buy music CDs on typical retailers like amazon.jp or hmv or something. It's not hard to do; it just costs a lot since nip CDs are so expensive.

Get a jpopsuki account

Good thing slav torrents still have old anime.

It's how you keep the retards out. If it convinced you to not even fill out a 2 minute application, it's doing its job.

Personally, I support the piracy of anime because I don't want the creators to ever even dream of trying to pander to Westerners. The insularity of Japan produced anime, and I'm concerned that if that status changes, anime will be negatively affected.