Hunter X Hunter

Do you think Kurapika will eventually die? Seems like he's pulled off some costly abilities trying to play mindgames and that he's gonna lose.

What are you Sup Forums people thinking is gonna happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/HunterXHunter/comments/1ic64x/interview_with_togashi_included_in_hxh_no_0/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't know how so many faggots are convinced that Togashit isn't gonna to bitch out of killing kurapika when he couldn't even grease Gon, Killua, nor the fucking clown who was literally dead.

They'll just bring him back to life with aluka or any other "Ô my asspull".

Gon had plot armour, and Killua wasn't ever in immediate danger like Gon was. And Hisoka I think it's okay that he survived. His survival seemed amazing more than anything and he's a huge contributor to the fun of the manga and its unpredictability.

O

Only retards ever thought Gon or Hisoka would die, despite their dire situations.

Kurapika has a good chance of biting the bullet.

I don't know, this trope of "O MY LIFESPAN" shit will probably get invalidated somehow too, all he really has to do is call up Killua and ask Nanika to recover his life energy, same shit happened with Gon but his nen is locked for a long period of time most likely.

Exactly. He seems less of a "protagonist" now. I mean, he was absent for the entirety of the bug arc and we haven't seen him too many times. I think he's gonna die, but I'm still uncertain because of how it would end the whole "avenge my family" thing without much of a conclusion.

Fuck you, if that piece of shit Gon gets to get away scott free after killing best girl then Kurapika is going to use that nitrorice in the DC to get back his lost lifespan.

Doesn't his stupid eye power mean he's just going to randomly run out of soul power one day and drop dead?

I hope not. I for one dislike Nanika a lot, her powers just feel out of place and retarded.

He'll most likely drop dead some day after acquiring all the eyes. It would be pretty fitting thematically and also rob him of starting a new life since he never cared for doing so beforehand.

I kinda hope he does. Togashi might have intended him to be a Sasuke-like character (that one panel where he threatens mizaistom is super cringe), but we've seen how terrible that archetype is.

Regardless, from what we've seen of lifespans in hxh, the restriction on emperor time is pointless. At this point, kurapika is just another "dark" Mary Sue.

That's what the rice thingy in the dark continent is for

Is there anything to his character besides his revenge arc? Like does he even give a shit about anything else.?

Gon has been the top protagonist in terms of importance up untill the Chimera ant arc (his goal was the driving force of the plot) so he was not gonna die without achieving his goal first.
Hisoka, I think, is more of an MC than Kurapika since he appeared in almost all story arcs, and killed more spiders than him. So there was less chance of Hisoka dying.

Also, if Kurapika doesn't die, he might be in mortal danger which will cause Leorio to search for Nitro Rice for him in DC. But I still think that he will die in the end, since the "using my own life force" 's consequences has rarely been seen in stories which might cause Togashi to actually kill him to make a twist like the whole Ants vs Humanity thing.

>bro you don't get it this was foreshadowed she was weird and would have story convenience powers

There's absolutely no way the main characters (gon killua leorio kurapika hisoka (according to togashi himself)) die in this series, no matter how unconventional and trope-subverting it can be.

Ant arc had moments of brilliance, but the bullshit togashi has followed it up with leads me to doubt his narrative capacity

Regardless of his character archetype, thematically it'd be perfect for his character arc to end after collecting his clans eyes and avenging them properly. He has no other ambition outside of getting the eyes back, that's been a primary focus of his arc for ages now. From time to time he's relied on other people and even considers Gon and the gang as friends but, he's too focused on revenge.

leorio is going to die to asap if he ever steps foot on DC

Just you wait, give Togashi time to explain what she is. She most probably is Ai from DC.

Nanika is basically a consequence free character, and if DC is going to have a whole tribe of Nanika tier characters we're going to be in for a long ride

I'll never understand why people think foreshadowing the bullshit deus ex machina power makes it any better. Both the super saiyan and naruto's demon power were foreshadowed and outright explained like crazy, doesn't make them any less of an ass pull

But remember that the Chimera Ant arc was a timeskip for Leorio to power up in...

It looked like he was lightening up when he made friends, but then he got super edgy and cut off all contact.

On top of that, he's one of those "genius" types. He's just an unlikable character

But we don't know if it really is consequence free. All we know is that there are consequences for the wishes, for all we know Killua could lied about no consequences to heal gon, kinda like gon did not care about the life of Komugi when fighting Pitou.

It does and doesn't at the same time, establishing things ahead of time make it less of an offense when it happens. It's overall the way the "asspull" is introduced and the consequences of using it that make a difference though. If Nanika could only make one wish a year there'd be 100% less complaints about the whole ordeal with healing Gon.

I hope Togashi dies. He's a fucking hack.
O' MY RUBBER NEN! Fuck him. Cunt gay ass hack.

All of the protagonists except Gon are insufferable genius types.
The potential consequences are pretty shit but if there are no consequences then that will be even worse

Well, it's better than explaining it later like Togashit does. He had to introduce an entire new world for her powers to make sense.

Could be true, but until consequences are shown we're totally good to call her consequence-free

I mean the only recognizable consequence was Gon losing his nen, and that's not even bad when you consider the fact that he'll get it back eventually.

Leorio is the true MC.

You talking about leorio? Gon is pretty much an insufferable genius, leorio is anything but

I mean it's already been explained. I really doubt he's gonna come back on the explanations with "lul I lied".

literally confirmed

>Q4. What will end up happening to Kurapika and the Phantom Troupe?

>Togashi: "They will all die."

Sauce?

I mean probably but it still feels like an asspull

We didn't even need confirmation though, we knew all of them would die at some point in time.

>Sasuke-like character
Kurapika predates Sasuke
>super cringe
Go back to r.eddit faggot

Pitou will always be best girl

Remember when HxH had good threads?

He fixed that for you Mommy Pitou best girl

huntards SEETHING

What a shitty character, seriously.

I really hate Kurapika centric threads because they always bring in the most toxic shitposters for some reason.

>costly abilities
"shortening lifespan" is the biggest cop out cost for an ability in any form of media. We don't know how long the character was supposed to live so its meaningless to the consumer.

Cause they're all the edgy types who rage everytime somethings don't go their way. Like when Chrollocucks didn't kill Chadsoka.

not to mention that any anime character in a combat lifestyle isn't likely to experience a natural death of old age anyway, its a completely moot power unless they exhaust it to the point where they actually age rapidly or die

To be fair though, his lfie reducing ability seems to be extreme, so you can feel the pressure

retards

>has the most amazing combos and is the most original character
>b-but he's shit!

Are you retarded? There's more consequences than dying you know, it gives a plausible reason for the character to restrict usage. Otherwise he'd just use it non stop with no limitations.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about you mate

There is a shitposter (Chrollolet/Miriofag) from here started posting on Sup Forums around January 2017. He started ruining HxH threads in March. He is a literal confirmed Redditor. He hates himself for being a numale cuck and tries to project it on others (calls Hisokabros "redditors", calls a cute girl in MHA threads "Patreak"/pretends she's a guy because he can't handle a real woman disagreeing with him).

>all these one piece fans swamping over to this thread and demand our maincharacters to insta-die for using life shortening vows.

I am a pikafag

it makes the most sense for him to die and also the story hinted at it, togashi confirmed it in a interview. Also will be a nice catalyst for Leorio's development.

He'll probably die after collecting all the eyes. It's the only way to end his character arc in a satisfying manner, I think. I can't imagine what the hell he'd do after getting the eyes, especially since Togashi clearly isn't going for the "rebuild his tribe" ending. Kurapika is a tragic character, and there is no happy ending for him.

>Babby's first "it shortens my lifespan!"

What is it about this series that naysayers just refuse to use any basic comprehension? I'm not even trying to use the meme, but man...

Sauce of interview, stop claiming these kind of things.

reddit.com/r/HunterXHunter/comments/1ic64x/interview_with_togashi_included_in_hxh_no_0/

author's / writers just say "everyone dies" to shut people up when they don't want to reveal anything

though togashi will probably just kill them all anyways

Why didn't killua let gon kill pitou when she was defenseless?
Killua was already aware that Kite couldn't be revived, wasn't he?

Obviously not

He already said that he wanted kill him and all the troupe but everyone’s expecting that now so it’s unlikely.
I can see kurapika surviving but all his friends that aren’t protagonists die, chrollo gets killed by Hisoka and the spiders survive by having one of them become the new head.

Yes. Chrollo will steal Hisoka's Nen with his book in order to kill him. Then Kurapika will steal Chrollo's Book with the Dolphin and give it to Gon before he dies. The Nen will be eight times stronger because of the three deaths so Gon will instantly become Meruem-tier.

No, he didn't know, nobody did. Hence why it was a good twist.

I want to make human/CA hybrids with Pitou

finally someone gets what's going on.

hisoka killed pairo tho

>she
where did this meme come from?

What's in the box?

my heart

That'd be surprising. Though I hope Gon wouldn't reach Meruem tier since that would break the story I think.

Fuck off trapbrony.

Her gender

She's a boy originally.

My wildest sexual fantasies?

If the Chameleon blew his load on somebody, when would they know?

Immediately.
When he let go of Morel, Morel became visible again.
As soon as the cum leaves his dick, the person he blew his load on would realize it, but wouldn't know where it came from.

Gon is fucking retarded, he's not a genius by any means. He has extreme physical/nen potential, but other than that he is pretty much brainless.

Mark my words, Leorio will awake his spirit sword on his next appearance.

We're never going to see Leorio, he won't even show up for a single panel by the time the manga resumes and goes on hiatus again.

That's also wrong. He's not as quick as Kurapika and Killua can be in certain cases but he can read a situation pretty fast when he's motivated and focused.

He's just reckless.

>He had to introduce an entire new world for her powers to make sense.
DC was hinted at in the very first chapter.

Gon thinks outside the box, he's not a genius but he's smart in his own way (and in a way that helps him resolve plot points, so it's important to the story that he's not brainless).

what was Madhouses problem?

How or why did they botch Kites introduction

the dolphin is one time use and ends after the ability is used, how will gon keep that nen?

And yet we're 370 chapters in and we hardly seen any of it.

Gon being Meruem tier would tear the story apart, you may as well have Gon's mother be some ancient demon from the DC and have him awaken some demonic nen whenever he gets his shit back.

Shut the fuck up, user. Just shut the fuck up.

kurapika will steal chrollo's stealing ability to steal chrollo's stealing ability with chrollo's stealing ability so he can give it to gon

>the official explanation for Gons mother is she died in a car accident

uh-huh, there's no telling what Ging did to conceive Gon. He probably does have some abominable birth ritual nenshit which made Gon-san possible to begin with

We had a taste in the Hunter Exams when you saw all those creatures kill off the competition and we saw Ging riding on that multi-titty beast.

Blame Japan, they do this in other anime as well. Guess they don't like introducing important characters for 1 epsiode if they don't know the show will be popular for another season.