Is this still the only decent anime adaption of a video game...

Is this still the only decent anime adaption of a video game? Why do they even keep making those horrible anime if they always suck major ass?

clannad is better

>clannad
>better
Listen I loved Clannad but it is for sure not better than S;G. You must have just started watching anime and haven't even seen S;G. Trust me just give it a try.

Anime adaptations of VNs are usually better than the source material.

>Implying VNs are videogames
Wizardry and Salamander OVAs were pretty cool

Friendly reminder that this game was a shitty RAILGUN shooter.

there's also S;G0 I guess

It was an enjoyable albeit skill-less arcade Max Payne clone, no where near the perfection of the anime but still fun

also occasional reminder to skip episode one for the spoiler free and superior experience

Tsundere;Wins

Persona 4 the Animation

Definitely superior to the video game. was the Golden remake any good?

This.

They are both up there and both really good.

It’s not exactly a remake.. it has a new version of the beginning and a new end but all of the scenes between are exclusive to Golden and it lacks almost all the events of the original series. It’s a supplement.

As much as I love S;G anime, this user is right. The animation can be funny at time but it actually explains so much more about the main characters than the original game did

This.
For all the fancy animation, i didn't really like the P3 movies all that much.

>video games
VNs shouldn't count since the whole point of them is that they're anime that don't have the budget/funding to be an actual anime at the time.

What about the ones that tamper with the medium and can never work as anything else?

Nice DDLC reference

Agreed. The P3 movies completely missed the tone of the game cutscenes.

>p4 anime is good
>this QUALITY

I see the bait upon your hook.

Is it the way she is holding the watermelon?

Two Chies

It's the fact that there's 2 chies.

wow I have been seeing this image circulating for so many years and never noticed

I dont think this is really true, adaptations like Ace Attorney or Danganronpa fail because the fun part is solving the mysteries yourself and the direct involvement the player has with the world. Theres also the fact that if you want to tell a really dense story with a lot of exposition chances are the adaptation will be shit or hollow, since VNs are a more suitable medium for that stuff, just watch what happened with Fate.

Persona 4's animation has some really bad animation errors but really improves the overall material. So much stuff in the vanilla game was just plain not there, or next to impossible to find unless you read on how to do it; which in turn ruins the experience of finding it yourself.

Like the other user said, it just adds on to the game and fixes a few things. You still get the story from vanilla just with some added stuff, and some story elements are added to make things make sense

Clannad will seem good if you don't read books, and if your age

I love how some people say shit like this like all books are pieces of art just because they are books. If you actually read a lot you would have realized there are tons of extremely shitty books and that it's just a medium like any other

I wonder if it was a reflection in the storyboard or something and someone missed the memo.

What vn is this from? Does it have a translation?

No. That scene is the only noteworthy part about the game anyways, if you've already seen it there's no reason to seek it out.

>literally the only VN that does this, and even that's only at the end of one route
What did he mean by this?

Doki Doki Literature Club does it too.

>Is this still the only decent anime adaption of a video game? Why do they even keep making those horrible anime if they always suck major ass?
Because those anime are not made to be great anime - they are made to advertise the video game. Anime adaptations rarely make enough money in actual sales to be worthwhile on their own - their real value is in building brand recognition and bringing in outside markets.

We were talking about VNs, not western ironic weeb bullshit.

An ironic VN is still a VN. It's not ironic.

>Because those anime are not made to be great anime - they are made to advertise the video game.
The best way to advertise something is to make it look good, and the people actually in charge of making the anime have no horse in the publisher's race. They are just there to make the best anime they can.

>one day this might not be a joke

I really wanna read this. But there is no fucking seed. Somebody help.

>Ace Attorney or Danganronpa
Not VNs, they're classed in a different genre in Japan. Sup Forums and Sup Forums have a weird arbitrary definition of vn that's completely irrelevant.

Fate, Kanon, Clannad, and Little Busters were all good. In fact, I really enjoyed how they explained the multiple story arcs in the structure of Little Busters. Don't get me wrong, Steins;Gate is really good too.

Humble reminder that YU-NO was the original, better version of Steins;Gate, and it has an anime in the works.

Creator of Steins;Gate was a big fan of it and took massive influence from it.

All I've gotten from YU-NO threads is that the main characters goes around fucking women all the time.

And then he did a remake of it cause why the fuck not

>he
Who?

There's no translation either. It's only that ending that was subbed by the uploader

This. If you're a Westerner and want to make a VN, use the occidental artstyle and European setting instead of ironic pandering to weebs. This shit started with Katawa Shoujo, which also introduced a lot of retards to the medium who never played a real kamige and think they're already at the top.
Playing western "VNs" is the pinnacle of ironic weebshittery.

You either have no idea how many "video game adaptations" you've watched, or the only anime you saw are Steins;Gate and maybe Death Note. I believe the latter to be the case.

I knew something was off when I saw the Youtube faggotry about streaming. I mean, I don't exactly know the details but the pink-haired girl's destiny was literally linked to your decision, or so it seemed: you tell her you love her, I guess she lives? You tell her you consider her as a friend, she commits suicide.
Hardly good writing at all, as if somebody just felt like putting so many VN clichés inside one, single VN.