Name a more unlikeable MC

Name a more unlikeable MC

>somehow good at everything from the start
>retarded, except when it's convenient for the plot for him to think up something uncharacteristically smart
>has literally no emotions, completely unfazed by any trials/tribulations or the fact that there are people dying like flies around him and his best friend is a psychopath murderer
>his motivations are super weak compared to Kurapika/Leorio who would both make much better protagonists

DEJA VU

I'VE JUST BEEN IN THIS PLACE BEFORE

HIGHER ON THE STREET

Juan Piss / Boku no Pico Academy fag SEETHING

Seriously though, this asshole. Every time he showed up on screen I wanted to punch his face.

If he had any more weaknesses than he does he'd have died horribly a long time ago. Just the nature of the world they're in.
>retarded, except when it's convenient for the plot for him to think up something uncharacteristically smart
He thinks better under heavy pressure, this is well established throughout the series.
>has literally no emotions, completely unfazed by any trials/tribulations or the fact that there are people dying like flies around him and his best friend is a psychopath murderer
Not even true. He's just used to death at this point, but he has plenty of emotion.
>his motivations are super weak compared to Kurapika/Leorio who would both make much better protagonists
True, he does have worse motivations than Kurapika, but Kurapika has the strongest motivation in the series so that's not really a fault.

>Nurutu

Man, that was easy

/thread

Funny thing is Gon actually got mad milf pussy in his hometown

Fuck this stupid shit got me

I think I've seen this OP before, too.

how is deku a coward?

You must be male to dislike this character.
>f.t. chouvanism

user, everyone looks retarded when they're stuck with a marysue as an travel partner

god could Killua be any gayer?

>Gifted with physically great body
>Tall
>Good looking
>Autistic
>Can't communicate to other people what he wants and just let them walk all over him
>Is used and thrown to the side numerous times in the story
>Buckled up twice and could have gotten pussy if he wasn't so austistic

Mori Buntarou is literally autistic and was frustrating as an mc.

>story so good it breaks the authors back
O

The author is total shit at characterizations in general. Characters act one way only to do a complete 180 when the situation is convenient.

Still a GOAT MC though. Sometimes looks really can’t help you.

>Forgives murderers and killers by saying that people die when they are killed
>Goes ape shit and almost dies trying to kill his mentor's killer

Gon is a piece of shit. I'm happy he is Gon and we don't have to see his little shit eating grin. Gon is everything that is wrong in Shonen, but at least he isn't the main character of the manga. If everything in HxH was from Gon's perspective or interaction, I would have stopped reading long ago. Every time Gon starts speaking for too long, I get agitated and aggravated.

At least the series itself acknowledges his fuck ups. He also seems to be showing some reflection on his actions since returning to whale island.

Wtf? Mori is awesome? How about mentioning he couldn't save his friend and felt he was responsible for the accident? That led to depression and him not opening up to people hence why he has trouble opening up. The guy just likes being alone.

He is far from autistic and goes through great character development as the story progressed unlike Gon's stupid ass.

you almost make it sound like Gon is a deconstruction or something

The most generic, non specific blanket statement ever. I could actually just take this and use it in any random thread and sit back for the (you)'s

It happens in HxH so many times it's dizzying. The entire manga is the prime example.

Only happens with Killua ,what a badly written character

you're just exaggerating to justify hating the series

I'm more speaking as a frustrated fan really. The characters seems to change their stances and personalities at each arc. Only Leorio is relatively untouched since we haven't seen him much.

That still tells me nothing. Characters and events can be interchanged depending the series and no one would be any wiser.

Some people thrive and some people fail, i just see this as the story of the earlier, taken to some extreme but he did grow up in a way to make him more physically capable, and people can be naturally gifted at nen.
I don't think he's retarded, he's just had less contact with the world outside his island, and doesn't have the need to act smug, which can make him seem dumb
He's just optimistic enough and seen enough of nature to not care about the death of people who aren't particularly close to him. He probably sees Killua the same way steve irwin sees predatorial animals
Sure, we all need another edgy clan avenger as protag, this was never done before. Leorio is barely a character, he has the depth of a peace corps member.

HxH has a specific problem where nearly all the characters become robotic analysis machines whenever combat starts. It's why Uvojin felt fresh despite having a pretty basic powerset.

I know it's the shounen thing to do to dump exposition about what's happening in the battle/what powers people have, but HxH takes it to the next level with its Nen Chess bullshit.

It isn't surprising that people who earn a living by exposing themselves to danger become analytic when exposed to danger. The most retarded people you know can sound like experts when talking about the one thing they know how to do. Add adrenalin to that and that even competitive fighting games can have the level of depth seen in HxH battles and it's pretty justifiable.

It's not that they're delivering information, it's that they lose all of their unique tone/voice when they do it. Hisoka and Killua delivering information about a battle are nearly indistinguishable from each other. It just makes things a little boring to read at times.

The Chrollo/Hisoka fight should've been great, but it was just a slog because of that stuff and Chrollo's shitty book.

people laugh at decuck for losing to bakusperg in popularity polls but gon actually has never won a single poll and in the first one there was a 10000 votes difference between him and the two most popular characters, which to my knowledge is unheard of

i'll take that over power up / beam spam for a change. There's only 3 instances I can think of where it became a little too much

the robotic analysis is even realistic sometimes though obviously you're going to rely on reaction to what the enemy is doing and reflexive instincts in an actual fight

You must be loving the ship stuff.

I don't like gon either, he's too uncaring and makes dumb mistakes on purpose then gets plot armored through it, then rewarded. It's frustrating

does the ship stuff even count? It doesn't really fall under actual combat imo and just more the typical anime / manga "think about every possible detail" thing

Yet Goku, Luffy, Yusuke, Naruto and Toriko are beloved by everyone else.

Uncaring, dumb and big eating mcs are a staple in shonen series you noob shit.

Nobody actually likes Naruto, Toriko, and Goku
Luffy is based though

Thinks Luffy is based but doesn't even mention the best shonen mc of all time in Yusuke Uremeshi. Go to sleep.

That goes without saying you mong.

Fair enough. The whole thing seems like a long, drawn out nen fight to me. Which is exactly what it is, in a way.

Is that a problem? Togashi said that he made Gon a simple character so others can shine instead of him lol

>HxH has a specific problem where nearly all the characters become robotic analysis machines whenever combat starts.
that is hardly a problem. first of all hunters are very rare. good hunters are even rarer. Their profession puts them in situations where they fight constantly and sometimes their lives are on the line. A basic checklist should be done to assess what they need to do and how? This is why you think the characters lose their tone/voice. What is my opponents nen type? What clothes is he wearing? Is he using a weapon? What type of weapon? The really good hunters are capable of answering these questions.
Take the first fight that gon and killua had against the serial killer that ate hair.the exposition dump did keep his tone the same. Same with the first chrollo and zodiac fight.

>nearly all the characters become robotic analysis machines whenever combat starts.
The point has been made on several occasions that jumping in without thinking things through is gonna kill you. Making a bigger hole in the wall is not a winning strategy here.

>It's why Uvojin felt fresh despite having a pretty basic powerset.
Not to demean Uvogin because I like him but sure, it's easy to just jump head first and just react to shit. Makes things go a lot faster, to be sure.

> but HxH takes it to the next level with its Nen Chess bullshit.
Sorry you feel that way but you should have realized what this series was since Yorknew.

> It doesn't really fall under actual combat imo and just more the typical anime / manga "think about every possible detail" thing.

Why is that restricted to anime/manga?

>Sorry you feel that way but you should have realized what this series was since Yorknew.

Yeah, I think I'm trapped in a HxH sunk cost fallacy like I was with Bleach. Time to move on.

I know what you're saying but given the situation I still don't think it's as rough as hisoka vs chrollo was far as inner monologue word dumps go. There were a few points in the series where it got on my nerves too but it is what it is and there's enough other good things going on throughout that let me overlook it most of the time

It's kind of autistic to play those scenarios out in your head and japanese storytellers are more likely to be autistic than western storytellers. just kidding

It's not just in combat. Hunters in general are detached and emotionless, which is why a big event like running into Gon's father went over like a wet fart. Dude might as well have been a paper plate with a face drawn on it.

Characters are constantly stone-faced or smug-faced while they inner monologue. Those are the two emotions the series can support with some rare moments of a chuckle or anger here or there.

>Hisoka and Killua delivering information about a battle are nearly indistinguishable from each other.

That's bizarre. From the stealth mission on the Spiders from Yorknew to considering the existence of a third party in the palace in the CA, Killua's thought process is usually one of caution. His ability for analysis is typical of a former assassin where you do have to consider these different facets that affect the ease of killing your target.

And Hisoka comes from years of battle hardened experience. He's a literal expert at this.

And that's fair. Actually, you should have stopped at Ch 341. Can't imagine that was fun for you.

>Hunters in general are detached and emotionless,
t. speedreader

Name a more patrician MC

>at the first arc of the story he is 12 year old and has no problems with seeing people kill each other, he doesn't care, indifferent to death and murdering
>he becomes best friends with a hitman kid and has no problems with it he doesn't care, still indifferent to murdering
>he cares about helping his mentally unstable friend to kill all the guys who killed his entire tribe
>Hisoka being a murderer and a pedo that kills because he is a thirsty motherfucker recognizes in Gon the potential of becoming as twisted as him, a fucking psycho.
>willing to kill an innocent girl just to kill someone to satisfy his revenge, not even Kurapika thinks about doing this
>takes innocent girl hostage as well
>the color of the aura in his body changed the momento he made his last nen usage, restriction and pledge, give me something worse than death in exchange to receive the power i would have gotten if i trained without rest for decades until i kill my only target and satiate my revenge urge
>along the entire series people gets scared about him because he can grow into dangerous shit
>actually feels the consequence for his actions, loses his power and cant even be the MC anymore so this is passed to Kurapika

>It's kind of autistic to play those scenarios out in your head and japanese storytellers are more likely to be autistic than western storytellers.
Ennis' Punisher would have some thing to say about that.

Not that guy but if I was going to accuse HxH of anything it definitely wouldn't be "overabundance of emotion."

Chrollo/Hisoka was a slog cause Togashi decided to have Chrollo run the most boring, safe, pussy ass moveset imaginable against Hisoka. Chrollo could have literally just stayed home and that fight would have gone the exact same way.

Not with Convert Hands and Gallery Fake it wouldn't.

Its more subtle than most shonen for sure. If this was BnHA or some other generic shonen, Kurapika's revenge would be some melodramaric shit like pic related crying and regretting how he became "EVIL". Whereas Togashi delivers a proper vengeance story where the guy with grudge spend more time taking revenge alone and his friends tried to avoid having him kill more spiders but indirectly because it is stupid to reason someone who is decided on revenge just with a few "deep" lines.

The main character from Sundome

I'm trying my hardest to enjoy this series, but this main character is unbearable.
I get not having much experience with women, but I'm at my wits end here with how he bends over backwards to please this one female and even says he's not good enough for her left and right.

Either someone made this a copypasta or the same user has been regurgitating his own shitpost since at least July

how could anyone respond negatively to that cute ass image