Re:Zero

Those who can't wipe their tears of sorrow - Sloth
Those who wanted to become one with each other - Lust
Those who feast at food and is not tired of it - Gluttony
Those who love seeking everything for their own self - Greed
Those who are unacceptably irrational and absurd - Wrath
Those who despise everything except a girl - Pride
Those who wrap their own world in just one girl - Jealousy

Does this imply that Subaru will grow to hate the world?

Other urls found in this thread:

fiverr.com/socalchrist/have-jesus-make-a-custom-video-message-from-heaven
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-06-01/top-selling-light-novels-in-japan-by-series-2017/.116866
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-12-06/top-selling-light-novels-in-japan-by-series-2017/.124897
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Every thread until Rem wakes up.

Ah, will have to actually read all those novel stuff...

>replace girl with guy and Rem fits Envy/Betty could've been Pride

Every thread until Crusch-sama gets her memories back.

>Those who wrap their own world in just one girl - Jealousy
That's possessiveness and/or obsession, not necessarily jealousy.

Ferris and Crusch are the miracles of the universe.

Arc 6 really did deliver with the deaths.

Think if I pay $250 a month Discount would translate a few extra chapters?

No.

How many chapters is arc 5?

About 80 iirc.

I wouldn't have the time to except during summer, sorry.

fiverr.com/socalchrist/have-jesus-make-a-custom-video-message-from-heaven

Let's make him shit on Emilia.

No we don't stoop to such levels

On it, getting rush order too

>The madman actually posted the rant
Holy shit is it long

Where

>want to read
>can't because it's a horrible light novel
Season 2 when

animesuki, last thread he mentioned that he was going to go on a rant and he fucking did

>can't because it's a horrible light novel
read the web novel nibba.

If he does, Season 2 will become shit for him.

That's even worse.

Here's my script.

>Hey there, jesus here.
>Lately, I've been feeling a little troubled.
>The wars, and flaming, and sacrilegious insults are hurting my heart. We're to make love, not war. And the casualties have been many.
>My children, I am here to end this war once and for all. The truth is that the best girl is not Rem OR Emilia, but is, in fact, Beatrice.
>I do understand the confusion and conflict, but She is my father's gift to this world, in fact.
>Many of you have been led astray by the Demon and the Witch. But I did not die for nothing, and I pray that in time you all will find your way with the Holy Spirit.
>May you all be saved. Jesus has spoken.

Any suggestions?

>Hey there, jesus here.
>The wars, and flaming, and sacrilegious insults are hurting my heart. We're to make love, not war. And the casualties have been many.
>My children, I am here to end this war once and for all. The truth is that the best girl is not Rem OR Emilia, but is, in fact, Beatrice and Echidna.
>I do understand the confusion and conflict, but She is my father's gift to this world, in fact.
>Many of you have been led astray by the Demon and the Witch. But I did not die for nothing, and I pray that in time you all will find your way with the Holy Spirit.

>Hey there, jesus here.
>My children, I am here to end this war once and for all. The truth is that the best girl is not Rem OR Emilia, but is, in fact, Beatrice and Echidna.
>I do understand the confusion and conflict, but those 2 are my father's gift to this world, in fact.
Sorry I fixed up some of the dialogue to be inclusive to both

Good taste
>echidna
Gross

>Hating Dona

>tfw no manga with good art that is actually decently into the story
feels bad man

>liking a character who tried to manipulate Subaru to kill himself over and over for her curiosity

>check out Fiver
>Go to the gaming section
>someone selling FUCKING STACKS OF SOULS in DS3 for 5 dollars
>>>> reviews
If I knew jewing people would be this easy Id've done this along time ago

Sure. She's entertaining.

Did she even offer him anything beyond her "help"?

mayonnaise OVA soon dude

Think Echidna would want to have Subaru help her study sexual intercourse? There's a lot of data she could collect on the subject.

Merry Christmas Sup Forums!

What if Emila is not actually a hafu elfu but rather had her ears magically modified so she could be hidden away in an elven village/ have her near the seal for whatever reason. Maybe to hide her from puck who would be looking for a human all that time.

>Subaru originally isekaid to 400 years ago
>Falls in love with and knocks up Minerva
>Satella gets jealous and destroys the world in anger
>They sent baby emila randomly through time via the seal/door to save her
>Dona hates her and curses the father Subaru into a life of a spirit Puck
>Emilia gets sent through time via that sealed door.
>Gets found by Witchcult, body modified into elf so she become a Satella vessel
>I don't know where I'm going with this autism so I'm stopping

>last year spent my birthday with Fire Emblem General
>This year gonna spend it with you guys
Not a bad trade off, one cancerous community for one less cancerous community

you've got some good lads in these threads, and then there's ESL-kun and "ESL 2: Wiki-edition"

Sure. She also said he could go to the dreamworld and fuck her whenever he felt down.

that's her appeal, user. you're just bitter because you self-inserted and trusted her.

dona a best

>She also said he could go to the dreamworld and fuck her whenever he felt down.
She did kinda imply that. But Echida totally expected Subaru to accept her contract. But correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Echida imply that she "wanted" Subaru to actually reject her offer when Satella was present even though going with her greed she expected and would have wanted to to also accept.

I remember Subaru even cathing unto that line, it was a while ago.

>hating Dona
What's it like having shit taste?

>all these witchfuckers fawning over Dona or Satella
>When I'm the only one aboard the Typhon train
Does that make me a sinner?

Posting the rant
PART 1
"Unfortunately for you my friend, I have read the Original WN version which is why I have a deeper appreciation of Rem and Subaru's relationship. I love their chemistry, I love how dependent they both are on each-other, I love how they both use eachother to overcome their weaknesses and I love how tragic it is when they are split apart. I also love how it parallels Wilhelm/Thearesia's relationship, how they were once very in love with eachother (which also hints at a heartbreaking confrontation between both Rem and Subaru, something which would be just be pure genius from a writing
and sadist standpoint). Just a disclaimer I am a Dona fan, I just merely enjoy Rem and Subaru's dynamic. I didn't enjoy Subaru and Emilia's dynamic at first, but its becoming good after Arc 4 because Subaru is starting to lose his fetish love for her and is starting to act more of a proper knight where as Emilia's love is increasing for him. When Rem wakes up Emilia will become envious which will tie in to the seven deadly sin motif, it's fucking genius considering Emilia's similarity with Satella the carrier of the Envy authority. However the LN is starting to cut down on Rem's significance to Subaru. Rem is linked with Subaru's weaknesses so cutting her also means to cut on Subaru's weakness which ultimately makes him lose his depth as a character. Subaru also exhibits many ties with the seven deadly sins with his weaknesses, so it's also cutting down a lot on the seven sin motif as well (which is saddening considering Subaru has the capacity to absorb Sin Authorities)."

whether or not he actually accepted wasn't too relevant, since she was getting revived either way. she just wanted to see what he would choose. she's honest about all her curiosity and whimsy.

PART 2
And no Applehell, I am not "Nitpicking" the LN I am genuinely criticising the changes I find dumb as fuck.
First off lets start with some problems with Arc 3.
- In order for Emilia to look competent she had to battle Juice. I would have no problem with this if not for the fact that it kills an extremely interesting subplot, the Pack contract. She's not supposed to fight against the Witch cult members but she does and the contract plot is gone just like that.
- Don't even get me started on the Rem Coma scene. It's a disgrace compared to the WN version, I have no idea what went on in Tappei's head to insert Emilia into this scene.
'The guy posts a picture of the LN Rem Coma scene'

Do you want to know why I have such a big problem with this scene? As a person who draws myself there is something called "focus", and looking at this illustration it seems that Emilia has the focus. How could I tell? Oh it's simply because of how much space she takes in the illustration and that angelic light shining on her. Who the hell cares about the fucking person who entered the mystical coma that this scene is supposed to mainly feature let's just put her in a small part of the illustration. And even in the text it couldn't fucking help itself from wanking Emilia, oh how kind and understanding she is and how she's helping Subaru let out his emotions. Let's praise her EVEN MORE for comforting him in the worst moment of his life. THIS IS A JOKE COMPARED TO THE WN.

PART 3
Now moving on to arc 4.
- The plot convenient teleporting pyroxene crystal, fucking really???? Why does this exist especially when it's been mentioned that teleportation is an extremely rare form of magic?
- The neutering of Roswaal's character. This also ties into another problem I have with the LN, it's trying to paint characters in a better light. I liked it better when Roswaal and Pack were fucking assholes, just goes to show that even without an authority to inflate it further, irredeemable scum can exist. I hate his characterisation in the LN
- The trimming of Dona and Subaru's lore heavy conversations, Arc 4 was supposed to world build so why has the WORLD BUILDING ASPECT BEEN REDUCED OR CUT OUT?
- The removal of the Gaaf vs Otto scene. Even the Japanese people had a problem with this one and linked to the WN to show what people missed out on.
- Putting Pack into the Ram and Roswaal scene. What a way to destroy one of the most memorable scenes of the original arc 4 by turning it into a bland fight scene.
- The removal of one tea party intermission scene and the other one is being packaged as DLC CONTENT. Are we really going the way of MICROTRANSACTIONS WITH BOOKS???? This was an important scene that built on the witches!
- Less gore and despair. They removed the Served Petra scene, Frederica's apparent betrayal and Subaru carrying Rem to Sanctuary. I'd rather see the results of Meili's work then have her tell me that she killed someone, would be far more impacting. The overall atmosphere is more lighthearted and friendly then the dark and grim atmosphere of the original, this isn't the Re:Zero I fell so hopelessly in love with.

PART 4
- As mentioned before, Subaru's character is less intense then before. He loses any trace of his Archbishop material personality and is just more watered down as a result. His plans are also working more out of sheer dumb luck then actual skill and strategy. Actually it's not just Subaru, every character including Emilia (despite her added scenes) is neutered. Arc 4 is to develop Emilia and make her competent, so why is she already so competent in the LN? Kind of kills one of the arcs main goals.
- Subaru's use of invisible providence seems more like an Asspull. They did not need to cut down on the foreshadowing before but they did and as a result it suffers from a writing standpoint.

Of course I already know about the raving reviews of volume 15, but I and some others care more then the average Japanese reader to know and identify these differences. The only thing I'll praise the LN for is the better written flashback scene and better structure and formatting overall, but that's about it.

you did it! I'm proud, user.

typhon's cool too. all the witches are great!

i want to commit a sin with this witch of sin.

>try to put your dick in her
>your crotch explodes

Guys, when will the 5th volume be avaliable in english? I bought the other 4 and I feel incomplete.

Echidna fucking Subaru to satisfy her curiosity while Roswaal burns in the distance when?

That's a shame. Guess season 2 will be shit because Tappei can't keep his Emilia boner in check

Post more witches!
Preferably this qt.
I want to protect her smile.

Just adopt Typhon already

I want to punch Dona in the stomach

I have a lot of witches!

What is this supposed to say? Shit with katakana and can't get the top line.
>???
+
>pokemon
%
>Re:Zero
+
>Minerva

She gives the best blowjobs

>watching the shitty anime

Is Felis going to stop being a fag and dick Crusch?

>He's going to dick an amnesiac
He's no better then those Archbishop scum. The fact that amnesiac Crusch is uncomfortable with him says a lot.

subaru doesn't like her either so

isn't it pretty obvious that subaru has shit taste?

Well tappei said his character started out as a villain and is capable of villainy things like necromancy. I’m glad some of those traits are retained in his character in arc 5, just watch the LN remove that shit.

What's sex with her like?

Which Subaru do you take?

You probably have to do anything, if you bug her enough she could use her Inv. hands to help you out, but you have to clean everything, including her when you're done.

he choosed beako over dona so no

plebian. a true man of culture would take both.

>ok? they talked about the plot in the book, nothing that the LN is better
To begin most of them are not comparing the LN to WN, because not the point of reading them in first place. They are talking about thow the felt about the LN which you keep shitting on and insisting nobody likes it, full of plot-holes, little characterization blahblahblah. And the people who do compare them eitehr like them both or the LN more.

Oh and:

70k is considered high and the previous volume additions are constantly selling out. Something you wouldn't know because you just pulling stuff out of your ass with no context.

Also Overlord has always dwarfed Re:Zero and it didn't even need the anime boost it's book sales. Konosuba got boosted by the anime sequel which aired this year that's why it's sales are high.

As you're wrong about Re:Zero's sales dropping a lot:

Last Year
>Top LN Sales by Series
>3. Re:Zero - 540,806
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-06-01/top-selling-light-novels-in-japan-by-series-2017/.116866

This year
>Top LN Sales by Series, 2017.
>3. Re:Zero - 925,671
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-12-06/top-selling-light-novels-in-japan-by-series-2017/.124897

Protip, I don't argue with me when comes to sales unless, you have good background and have been following people categorize and analyze this stuff for years now. And you know not just for shitposting.

Anyone have the rest of this comic?

Or, take Beako and Emilia like he already has. Subaru ain't interested in a body snatcher anyway.

Okay, if this is some sort of fringe group on the border of the fan base then why the fuck does he keep coming over here? Why is he wasting his time on some irrelevant fringe group?

like I said. plebian.

So Re:Zero is doing well and we can expect more content in the future? Hooray!

He responded.
I'll post his response
Part 1:
>Unfortunately for you my friend, I have read the Original WN version which is why I have a deeper appreciation of Rem and Subaru's relationship. I love their chemistry, I love how dependent they both are on each-other, I love how they both use eachother to overcome their weaknesses and I love how tragic it is when they are split apart. I also love how it parallels Wilhelm/Thearesia's relationship, how they were once very in love with eachother (which also hints at a heartbreaking confrontation between both Rem and Subaru, something which would be just be pure genius from a writing
and sadist standpoint).
Not her, but I'm WN reader too and I don't agree. Moreover for all the WN readers who have posted her who have been reading it longer than you have not said the samething. You know who I'm talking about since you have been here long enough. Subaru and Rem don't cover for each other's weakness, she does for him. Subaru even says this and repeats in Arc 6. Subaru and Rem have no parallels to Wilhelm and Theareisa beyond a surface tragedy, by that logic they does so with Geuse and Fortuna. Wilhelm and Theareisa were both highly talent people and Theareisa didn't have an inferiority complex and Wilhelm didn't have a hero one. Moreover Subaru has been comforted by several people emotionally so I don't see why Rem standout besides the fact you like her the best.

Part 2:
>and sadist standpoint). Just a disclaimer I am a Dona fan, I just merely enjoy Rem and Subaru's dynamic. I didn't enjoy Subaru and Emilia's dynamic at first, but its becoming good after Arc 4 because Subaru is starting to lose his fetish love for her and is starting to act more of a proper knight where as Emilia's love is increasing for him. When Rem wakes up Emilia will become envious which will tie in to the seven deadly sin motif, it's fucking genius considering Emilia's similarity with Satella
You can be fan of more than one thing, it doesn't make you less biased. Among shippers, Dona's is not in a meta competition for Subaru's feelings so you liking her doesn't matter. It's not in the context. Calling Subaru x Emilia a fetish in Arc 1-3 is stupid. What kind of person kills them for a fetish? They had genuinely moments of camaraderie and strong emotional scenes. Are even a fan of Rem then? Who does the samething because she loves Subaru? Furthermore if you have read the WN you know that Emilia being carrier of Witch Genre of Envy is impossible for it's previous host is still alive. Even if she was to become envious that doesn't mean she would gain an authority. In first place Satella was even a proper host for her own Authority, she force into herself like Geuse did going by what Echidna said. So that's wrecks that idea.

Part 3:
>However the LN is starting to cut down on Rem's significance to Subaru. Rem is linked with Subaru's weaknesses so cutting her also means to cut on Subaru's weakness which ultimately makes him lose his depth as a character. Subaru also exhibits many ties with the seven deadly sins with his weaknesses, so it's also cutting down a lot on the seven sin motif as well (which is saddening considering Subaru has the capacity to absorb Sin Authorities).
Except it's not? To begin with you tie too much of Rem to Subaru's character which makes seems like he a half-baked written person. So it's faulty premise. Subaru's weakness is that of a lack-self worth with which Rem helped him with, but it's a weakness that has always existed with or without. It is based on his past which she knows nothing about. That's why his trial was still about him dealing with that issue, but more directly. He's been overcoming the rest of gradually on hos own because of his friends (ref to the 3rd Tea-Party where thought of all the people who have helped him like his mom, dad, Emilia and Rem) which began to value own life again. Tying his depth another character means he no depth on his own which makes a terrible written character. Lots of character exhibits lots of aspects of sins, look at half of the candidates for crying out loud and he doesn't any worse than they are. At point you seem to think you interpretation are facts when they are just you're speculation. Maybe have read the script somewhere and authority to say so because you know what will happen, but if not I suggest you chill on that.

Part 4:
>And no Applehell, I am not "Nitpicking" the LN I am genuinely criticising the changes I find dumb as fuck.
For my standpoint you are because you have posted can't be boiled down to your opinion.
>First off lets start with some problems with Arc 3.
- In order for Emilia to look competent she had to battle Juice. I would have no problem with this if not for the fact that it kills an extremely interesting subplot, the Pack contract. She's not supposed to fight against the Witch cult members but she does and the contract plot is gone just like that.
You yet tell me how that is interesting beyond the fact it existed in WN. Something being fairly interesting is not the something as being important. For that matter you're mistaken about one thing: Emilia still beats Juice in both versions. The change is how she did.

Not Applehell here, but does Emilia really beat Juice in the WN version?

Part 5:
>Emilia picture thing, it's a pain to green text
I'm sorry but only one who care about this is radicalized shippers. The focus of the scene is Subaru's grief over losing Rem, not romance. Instead of being about that your post is going on about shipper, the least important part of that scene. I see somebody confronting somebody in their loss, you busy complaining about vague stuff like light and space which is entirely based on perspective. Being worse compared to WN doesn't follow by a real measure to me. Keep in mind I ship Subaru and Emilia, but I don't see any romantic in that scene just suffering. Rem is not obscured by anything and is full view. You're gong far more about Emilia than the story itself, because you're viewing everything their involved in as some meta competition.

>Pyroxene crystal argument
That was mentioned in a Q&A, and states that teleportation is rare, not it doesn't happen. It's no more convenient than anything that has happened so far . It was called a trap of some sort and has been mentioned in the plot I believe so it's not just there. Of course other than Betty this only time we seen it happened from another source. Moreover Betty conveniently teleported Subaru to various places in the WN and you didn't seem to complain about there. Yet you complain about WN for doing the exact same thing even through up till the point it is first introduced in Arc 3 there is no foreshadowing or explanation about it. But you seem to have problem with LN doing it fro no reason beyond happening in WN and not LN. Had Betty been teleporting Subaru in LN only the same way she did in WN, without it happening in the WN first would still be complaining about it? Remember Betty literally teleported him to random places like the pyroxene you're going on about. It sounds hypocritical to be called this a flaw while ignoring the WN doing the exact same thing, just differently.

>Roswaal argument
First you haven't even read his characterization in the LN. Second Roswaal is still an asshole from what I have heard so I no idea what you saying. I remember summary impressions of LN stated him doing more or less the same things he did in the LN and even being more forceful with Subaru. Puck's change was whatever and what did never made any sense to begin with. He even turns around and apologizes to Subaru in last loop of Arc 4 and they pretend it never happened. So why is this so important beyond making him edgy for no reason? It's not like we don't know he cares about Emilia the most. This sound like about point complain something because somewhere else first.

Wow, he really believes Roswaal hasn't been neutered.

I want a nice thread today. Not paragraphs of bad English.

do you want me to help with replies? I'm always down to write re:zero essays.

Eh, I'll agree with him on the dona thing, I guess thats something pretty unimportant so I'll skip it.
>Gaaf vs Otto
Garf vs Otto was not removed. What in the world are talking about? Some of his traps were cut. but the entire fight happens. This was mentioned by people I spoke to read the volume itself. Also I checked out some reviews it ws mentioned and I saw nobody stating they trouble understanding it. What would even be hard to not grasp about that fight?

>Pack vs Roswaal
You haven't read the scene in question and you're calling it bland and unmemorable?. What?

Sure, go ahead.

>DLC side story.
Okay first, books don't have DLC. They have companion pieces or supplemental material to accompany main volumes. If have problem with an traditional established practices than you should have issues with the sidestories and short-stories not being part of main story. If you go but they weren't WN" ( and a lot of them were) that pretty much outs what your argument is based on if wasn't increasing clearly. A lot SS also provided some extra characterization for characters in MU (which is the point), but you only suddenly have problem with now despite going on for years? The 2nd intermission doesn't even do much for the Witches character-wise. They act the same as when they meet Subaru and the conversation and Echidna states what you already knew about her.

Ok I am going to counter this one immediately. It's dumb as fuck to remove this scene from the book and insert it as some special store shit.

really wish he'd adopt a trip so we can filter the faggot

>less gore, despair arguments
People get eaten, crushed maimed and host of others emotionally and physically damaging things and somehow some specific things you wanted to happened didn't means there less despair? I also don't even get you're comment about Meili considering she killed Petra twice and doesn't herself but through monsters. So how she had been more impacting than she wasn't already, how do know was impactful to begin with when haven't read the source yourself? Even you're comment about Rem and Subaru seem more about Subaru underlying shipping nonsense otherwise there no way Tappei could not write despair without her.
>Subaru character damaged
There no such thing as Archbishop material perosnality. Everyone of them acts differently most of them just some kind of crazy. Subaru was never like that even at worse. Yes had his moments when gave into anger and still does, but he ddin't go around acting like madman. Please realize what kind of people talking about here. You're comment about everyone being neutered is vague. It's just words
being thrown out.

>Invisible providence shit
The happened because he got angry. I will repeat again, it happened because he got emotional. If you want I will bring up the page in the WN where it happened. There is nothing else beyond that aside from Echidna saying he had taken the Witch Genres from Sloth. If have any more foreshadowing about between those two events please point it out. Otherwise happens in the sameway in LN, but further down in the plot. Maybe you didn't know, but it's hypocritical (I'm using this a lot today) be okay with in WN but take issue with in the LN when happens the same way.
>Last part
Stop being arrogant. Just because they're praising the LN doesn't mean they don't care about the differences. That's not even getting into whether they agree about these differences at all. No I'm not saying there are no changes, but agreement the changes themselves being good or bad. You're statement about the characters being worse for example is not a fact or something that is universally accepted. It's just coming from you and the people you're talking to which from which I guess is Sup Forums as you have mentioned in the past. I haven't back there for over an year now, but seems that it has gotten even worse than I left it.

Sorry, so far you're entire seems to because wasn't like this in the WN it is bad. You haven't made substantive arguments that either could chalked up as personal nitpicking or really vague.

Can someone summarize their relationship?

give me a sec while I finish up chapter 26. I have very detailed essays about the tea party scene and about roswaal on hand.