Yume Nikki

Apparently, someone snapped a photo of a Yume Nikki poster for the upcoming Comic Market 93

What could it possibly mean? An anime adaption?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VyesXcoFOfA
deen.co.jp/topics/20171005-2
youtu.be/rZ-L9L7q4EU
j-novel.club/c/yume-nikki-i-am-not-in-your-dream-part-1
youtube.com/watch?v=UNhphyF74sA
youtube.com/watch?v=6SG7U_ksxvk
youtube.com/watch?v=Oox3T0mP9Yk
youtube.com/watch?v=1qcvh2W5hw8
youtube.com/watch?v=4vrUMPu3h5Y
pinkuboa.tumblr.com/post/126395869796/kaedetakagaki-so-for-some-reason-this-tag-has
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kikiyama's long awaited return has finally come!

Bump for justice, which studio could actually make an anime of Yume Nikki?

i hope it will be better than the web manga

Why haven't they made a sequel to the game?

Not every game needs a sequel.

Did the LN got translated ever? I always was curious about the LN since neither the game or the manga have much dialogue in it.

There is literally a subgenre of similar games.

Shaft.

Oh shit I hope it's an anime adaptation!

post your favorite nikkis
youtube.com/watch?v=VyesXcoFOfA

How would someone like this even work? No dialogue from the MC?

Trippy, no sense ending?

Something like Shojo Shummatsu Ryokou.

another scam
please not

kadokawa does seem to have bought up the IP or licensed it or whatever:
deen.co.jp/topics/20171005-2

So I wouldnt say an anime is that far from being a reality.

This. Shaft is the only studio which could do it justice.

>deen
o-oh
I guess I should've seen this coming, Yume Nikki is too obscure for any major big studio to take so they just dumped it on deen as usual.

>Deen
Please god no.

Current Deen is fine. You can let the DEEN meme die now. Their recent works have actually been pretty good and has minimal QUALITY moments.

Shaft.
Duh.

Movie with scant dialogue
Collection of shorts
Internal monologue with some key dialogue from the occasional spook

Every time this seems to be the case they push out something irredeemably garbage

First after korean zombie/sanakrea it was pupa
Then after rakugo they shoved out a handful of those chink abominations

That's pretty exciting.

Hopefully it wont suck as much as the manga.

Something like Angel's Egg.

Dumb down and disneyfied
There is no way they will ever animate Yume Nikki true end where she commit sudoku

I should really get to watching that.

If you want an Angel Egg-esque Yume Nikk, DEEN should be the perfect studio.

youtu.be/rZ-L9L7q4EU

I always wanted it to be an anthology handled by different directors every episode. Something like Space Dandy.

Is that a Mirai Nikki sequel?

The most important thing coming from C93 is xxzero finally releasing Vol 2 of Inu no Kimochii

That would be awesome but I doubt awesome things can possibly happen

I can't imagine it getting a good adaptation, which is a shame because the game is great.

DEEN made the Ao Oni shorts, right? How was it?

>she commit sudoku
depends on how you interpret it

Yeah, but you need a membership to J-novel.

j-novel.club/c/yume-nikki-i-am-not-in-your-dream-part-1

>No loli

Worthless.

>DEEN
HAHAHAHAHA

>DEEN made the Ao Oni shorts, right? How was it?
Coming from someone who got all the references, not funny at all. Then again, I'm not really that big a fan of Ao Oni. I think it was a bit overrated.

Ao Oni is bad from the start so there's not much you can do

Now give yume nikki to fucking Shaft and you'll get something

You mean we'll get a shitty bake clone.

Best case scenario

how do you even adapt yume nikki

Adaptation of the LN or manga.

Its possible. Have each half of an episode devoted to obtaining one effect. Most importantly, NO DIALOGUE whatsoever. Its pretty much going to appeal only to Yume Nikki fans to begin with anyway, so may as well go the purist route.

The game.

Since this is now the comiket thread
How long will I have to wait for the specific doujin I want to be translated

>tfw we'll never have a Yume Nikki adaption directed by Ryutarou Nakamura

That would be hard, they'll probably just do the aborted fetus story.

>NO DIALOGUE whatsoever.
Don't think Kadokawa would make a show without the ability to sell at least one Seiyuu.

Of course not, the odds are pretty slim that any studio would ever have the balls to do that. Doesn't change the fact that would make for the best sort of adaptation, where the visual and audio atmosphere does all the talking.

Oh yes please.

What's fucked up is that the art was actually pretty great, I like how the backgrounds were portrayed. They fucked up by going off of an extremely specific and pretty stupid subjective interpretation of the "story". If they adapt it they should stay vague and abstract.

I had a feeling someone would say that. The manga clearly took much inspiration from Yume Nikki but they are two completely different things, dialogue and character interaction and the touches of philosophical nonsense should be completely absent, as well as the author's stupid obsession with fish and mushrooms.

They can make her say "dame" and "muda" in a squeaky voice every now and again.

STOP BRINGING BACK YUME NIKKI FROM ITS GRAVE.
Let Madotsuki rest in peace, for god's sake.

Best one
youtube.com/watch?v=UNhphyF74sA

youtube.com/watch?v=6SG7U_ksxvk

This is the good shit.

Give Kyuukyuu-kun a famous, manly VA

It's gonna be some shitty 2 minute meme anime

with 100% 3D

Name the ways they can ruin an adaptation.
>Awful dialogue
>Not using/remaking the game music and sound effects
>Anime original content, especially anything that resembles those terrible edgy fan theories
>Ao Oni tier comedy adaptation
>3D
A short would be a good format for this sort of anime, actually. It doesn't really need to be 30 minutes.

>Kadokawa
They can't keep getting away with it.

That's funny seeing as how earlier this week I looked to see if Yume Nikki ever got an anime adaption only to be disappointed, maybe I'm irl Haruhi and I just willed an Yume Nikki anime adaption into existence accidentally

I think it's more of "who could direct it". I'd say old Anno or Yuasa would fare better than Shibou.

SHAFT would ruin it. It needs to be full on abstract.

Why don't you will a Haruhi anime into existence then?

Give depressants and LSD to Anno, lock him in a sensory deprivation chamber, play techno music until he goes insane again.

Will my waifu into existence, please.

>Kadokawa
>Madotsuki on Japari Park
Would watch it.

The problem with adapting this series is that it's appeal is essentially a Rorschach test.

Every person that played through the game has their own interpretation of what it is. Whether it's an adventure through a post apocalyptic world, a traumatized child trying to make peace with her experiences via abstract dreams, a psychologically damaged girl trying to heal and recover the fragments of her psyche or whatever batshit or far out theory they have; whatever the adaptation comes up with, they won't be happy because it isn't what they had in mind when playing through it. A Yume Nikki adaptation will never please everybody.

Truth be told though, I'd rather an adaptation be in line with a specific interpretation of what Yume Nikki is. It really just depends on how they write and execute it to determine whether it's good. At the very least, how the manga handled it isn't a good example of how to go about it.

Some people here are clamoring for something like an arthouse piece with minimal dialogue and intentionally abstract settings, but really though, that's just pretentious as fuck. It works as a game, but not really as a visual experience like an anime or manga.

That said, in the theoretical anime, one thing they shouldn't skimp out on is the music:
youtube.com/watch?v=Oox3T0mP9Yk

>Some people here are clamoring for something like an arthouse piece with minimal dialogue and intentionally abstract settings, but really though, that's just pretentious as fuck. It works as a game, but not really as a visual experience like an anime or manga.
I don't really see what suddenly makes it so pretentious just by taking it from game to anime form.

What is yume nikki?

This post made me vomit all over my hand and shirt.

Vomit-chan's manga.

As much as I love the idea of a well done adaptation, the thought of day 1 secondaries shitposting in threads for the anime is making me physically ill to think about.

But this is reality...

I just want the part where she flies around on the broom animated, complete with the music and her waking up.

you mean funposting

If this happens I’m quitting anime forever.

I want to see best girl animated.

Should be a SOL with all of them.

user it is guaranteed that Madotsuki would be animated so you don't have to worry about that.

>Fangames
Please no.

one of the best things to ever come out of Yume Nikki, and that's saying a lot.
youtube.com/watch?v=1qcvh2W5hw8

i love 2kki

Oh great it's another episode of "Cashing in on an already established and popular franchise". Just another day of the entertainment industry showing that it's creatively bankrupt.

How would they go about making this anyway? If they try put a narrative behind YN and present it in a coherent and linear fashion, it will just seem like pretentious garbage, which it wasn't in it's original premise and presentation.

If its based on a popular series and made by a popular artists: maybe a couple of weeks or a month.
If its based on an obscure series, made by a nobody: you're lucky if it even gets scanned.

FRAUD
No it's just a fucking fan animation

That makes me even more interested, where's the proof?

>Yume Nikki is going to get the Cave Story treatment by some jew publisher

kill me

Uboa episode better scare me shitless or I demand my money back

Would be hard to get the rights for all of them.
The YN creator dissapeared.
The Nisshi creator is a fucking nazi that hates the filthy gaijin.
The LCD guy fucking killed himself or something, theres some really fucked narrative going on behind the language barrier.
The 2kki team is loosely connected and has gone through several iterations.
And the .flow guy seems to be the most sane person along with the 2kki team although he is a huge westaboo.

Imagine the best girl threads.

Meant for

Uboa wasn't even the scariest thing in YN. Not to mention there's no way it can really scare you once you already know its coming. The only thing you can hope for is that they do his special area justice.

Everything he does is gold.
youtube.com/watch?v=4vrUMPu3h5Y

>The Nisshi creator is a fucking nazi that hates the filthy gaijin.
That sounds hilarious, could you provide some context?

Thinking back, how copyright laws work on YN?
There were a manga and LN adaption for YN a while back. There is no way they can ask the author for permission so how did they do it? Just pray to god that Kikiyama would not sue them to hell and back?

>Kikiyama will never return to finish YN once and for all
God is dead.

Some guy used one of Nisshi's tilesets for a shitty FG as a placeholder and he went fucking insane placing passwords on new Nisshi updates with references to WW2, Imperial Japan and stuff.
He apologized a looong time later though so i say it's fine.

pinkuboa.tumblr.com/post/126395869796/kaedetakagaki-so-for-some-reason-this-tag-has
basically bunch of weaboos overreacting for nothing

Weak drama. Sausage tumblr.