Nichijou

Flopped because japanese cannot into absurd jokes. I've tried multiple times, they just look at me not understanding with this painful look
>Is he actually retarded?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pU2i2wmxPVU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The only people to blame are the advertisers.

I've seen people say it didn't do well because it aired jus after the Fukushima Daiichi event. I haven't checked how other anime that aired at the same time fared, but it seems plausible.

Madoka Magica aired at the same time, it did well.

Not him but Madoka aired winter, Nichijou aired during spring. The tsunami/nuclear disaster happened as Madoka along with other winter anime were ending.

Surrealism is one of the most disgustingly self-indulgent forms of expression. It's not the Japanese who have shit taste.

Nigga, what?

There is not a single Helvetica Standard short worth a damn. Prove me wrong.

That show wasn't funny.
I don't hate it, it's pretty comfy and has a nice art style but just doing random shit isn't funny.

Theres plenty of unfunny japanese comedies that do well.
The issue was the animation style that was just horrible. Forced animation and no direction.

>Forced animation
It's this meme again. Nips didn't buy it because Kadokawa charged over 100k for the series with no worthwhile extras. Other Kadokawa shows from that time underperformed for similar reasons, e.g. Gosick.

I have a pretty tricked humor, and it was an absolute blast to me. Completely unique, and after discussing with many people, I totally understand that random shit is not of everyone's liking. Anyway this is the funniest random shit thing I have watched.

the art style fitted the moe random shit constant over-exaggerated comedy.

>The tsunami/nuclear disaster happened as Madoka along with other winter anime were ending.
Newfags gonna new.

>the art style fitted the moe random shit constant over-exaggerated comedy.
No one copying nichijous animation style should give somewhat of an indication that it really wasnt good. Theres random wacky comedy shows like family guy that make loads of money but theres no shows with wacky over-exaggerated animation that make loads of money.

>family guy
Are you retarded?

>Are you retarded?
Are you retarded?

N-nice comeback.

Why would anyone bring up Family Guy here?

What do you consider a good anime then?

>it's ironically unfunny
Ironically unfunny is still unfunny

男子の高校生日常

every show kyoani has made after haruhi has been completely soulless irredeemable shit

>forced animation
What? What does this mean?

>900 dollars for all of the blue rays
is kadokawa retarded?

expensive, overly indulgent animation that doesn't improve the scene and only exists for the sake of it

Rule 1

First day on Sup Forums?

900 or 600. Both seem ridiculous to me

Hmm. I think I get the gist of it

Nah

>What do you consider a good anime then?
>recs belong in /wsr/, even roundabout ones.

>Ironically unfunny is still unfunny
Who are you quoting?

It means it was made on more than a $10 budget.

I never asked for recs. I already know what anime I like. There's no quotes in your post.

Nothing. It's just meaningless shitposting, that's all. Ignore anyone that uses the term sincerely.

It means nothing.

That's precisely the point.

Forced animation in kyoani threads has been a thing since Kanon 2006, with people accusing them of "adding inbetweens to their inbetweens" to "make the animation look more fluid while being the same" because they are talentless hacks.

Who do I believe?

>made their animation look better
>talentless hacks

Also, the term "forced animation" is a derivation of the term "forced drama", which was popularized during shows like Kimi ni Todoke, especially the second season. But certainly you should know that, mr. oldfag.

Haha, something so randumb happened and the character is yelling exaggeratedly for the 50th time, so hilarious.

Clearly they had a large budget and then they priced their DVD's high, really i think the only reason is becuase they were just to expensive for such a niche market

toradora was the genesis of forced drama

You are wrong

There are people posting right now that weren't here for those long ass weeks of no Madoka.
really wew the lads

im aroused.

Are you implying that people didn't shitpost what I quoted in my post during those threads? Do you even understand what quotations mean?
Also I've never been in a kimi ni todoke thread because I'm not a fag.

Nichijou doesn't have a single scene like this.

The manga is incredibly detailed. people who say the anime has forced animation have not seen the manga. It's in the same style.

Wait it flopped?
How?! It was the only slice of life I could enjoy!?

The amount of visual noise in nichijou is on a class of its own.
Then add screaming + jokes that dont work and you got a masterpiece.

>having poor vision
This looks nothing like what the anons posted

Ok price doesn't seem to affect the quality of it all.
To those who say it wasn't funny they can fuck off.

This is one of the only times animation is used appropriately in Nichijou though

youtu.be/pU2i2wmxPVU
If any thing this show was like a comedy sketch show for anime.

youtu.be/pU2i2wmxPVU
Forgot my link

it was hilarious how much forced animation was in Nerawareta Gakuen, on top of the plot not making any sense. Instant meme imo

"""comedy"""

This is a joke, you do realize that? Read what she says and think about it. They're not trying to make that moment more interesting by animating character movement, they're making an exaggeration.

So animating comedic scenes well is forced animation? When would you consider it acceptable to have good animation if that doesn't qualify?

Jesus, are one of those guys who has to see some one murdered to chuckle?

Japs can't into comedy because they have no soul.

What was wrong with animation?

bet you're a real riot at parties huh user?

Hahaha, it's really funny because the watermelon just doesn't break and their attempts are very epic and exaggerated. That's the joke. It's funny because it's over the top. Such genius comedy.

>watermelon
user...

This just begs the question why animate that crap to begin with.
Where is the value in animating a girl hit a pumpkin, why not animate something interesting instead?

>hey what about we spend huge amount of money making unappealing animation of a scene no one wants to see
Are kyoani anarchists or something? Its insane to do that.

it was in the manga, thats all.

hurrr, why bother animating anything?

>Where is the value in animating a girl hit a pumpkin, why not animate something interesting instead?
The entire point of the series was to present fairly mundane and everyday events as grand and exciting.

This infographic is retarded. The first point says "this is a legitimate reason", then points out how most of the people saying it's not funny aren't japanese and therefore don't matter in context, plus some generic "its not for everyone" bs that could apply to literally anything. Third point is just a meme that most people will never notice and doesn't magically affect sales or ratings. The only coherently argued point is the second.

the pumpkin was made of concrete

Thats not a reason for anything. Studios arent animating manga, they're adapting manga. You skip scenes that suck and dont adapt well into anime.
Even then its not as insane as endless eight
And the guy directing both was Ishihara Tatsuya, the worst anime director in existance.

Like I said, not a single scene like those.

It flopped because it was shit. Is it so hard to understand that?

its shit like your taste

>*blocks your path*

>artificial humor: the show

This thread makes me want to watch an actually funny anime like Mob psycho or OPM.

>whoa what if like girls were scary and different
this show is trash

It's like you don't get comedy at all

user...why

As if Nuchijou is any different

It was the rick and morty before rick and morty even existed. You have to have an extremely acquired sense of humor and intelligence to enjoy gut busters like selemat pagi or the statue in the teachers locker.

>watermelon
Ah, so these are the types of people that can't appreciate good comedy.

normalfag

(You)

It's for comedy, you exaggerate the shit out of then in the end you point out the obvious.

>It was the rick and morty before rick and morty even existed.
this is prime bait, very well done

This was one of the only funny skits.
I don't know whether to be glad it was first or mad because it really set up a false expectation for the rest of the series.

I thought Nichijou was amazing, one of the best comedy anime I've seen. Sad it didn't sell, but with prices like those, I'm not surprised.

No it was more like an anime version of seinfeld. A show about nothing but about teenage girls.

t. laughed during the jump rope scenes.

Okay, you win, I'm actually angry. Go fuck yourselves.

I enjoyed this show and I also enjoyed the manga.
I really like Keiichi Arawi's art style it's simple, yet very detailed. I look forward to reading CITY.

What are you even talking about? The whole show was a goldmine of funny skits.

GG EZ WIN

Every single time Nichijou's sales are brought up, the person immediately goes on the offense claiming others just don't get their brilliant comedy show. Everyone's just too stupid to understand it like I do. You know, absurdist humor is actually pretty common in Japanese comedy and a lot of anime relying on it do sell well. It could just be that Nichijou didn't handle it right. That for all its amazing animation, the jokes just kept falling flat because they were too random.

Can this thread possibly be salvaged?

It literally flopped just because of the high prices though. LITERALLY only because of the prices.
The show tops viewership ratings and the manga was very popular. There was absolutely no issue with the jokes to the Japanese and anyone with a brain.

More like every single time the sales are brought up, some shit taste guy tries to project his shit taste onto the Japanese audience to validate it, despite all evidence pointing to the fact that it was the high prices and not the content.