ITT Manga that started well and went downhill

ITT Manga that started well and went downhill

-Battle Angel Alita since Last Order, the art, pacing, character development and writing all turned to shit
(I would argue that It turned to shit when they killed Ido i.e having him bluepill himself seemed ridiculously out of place

-Berserk after the Conviction Arc

-Ubel Blatt after volume 2

-Prison School after the anime

-Code Geass since R2

-Claymore ending

Aku no Hana after timeskip.
Should've ended on the festival.

>ITT: opinions as facts

Terraformars
>After the other chinese arrived

Sun Ken-Rock
>Ending

Bakuman
>it got swallow at the later middle

Nanatzu no Taizai
>after defeating hendrickson
>can't deny that escanor is neat af

Gantz
>after buda
>then got good at nurarihyon
>then fucked up at the ending

The art objectively turned worse in the sequel in Alita

I Am A Hero fucking plummeted.

>(I would argue that It turned to shit when they killed Ido i.e having him bluepill himself seemed ridiculously out of place
Wait what, do you mean in the original manga or did something actually happen in Mars Chronicles?

Bleach.

Battle Royale.

Probably when pic related died is when it went downhill hard.

>mangafox
>OPmemefags
Can't make this shit up

On topic :
BnHA after the OFA vs AFO fight
Hunter x Hunter after Yorkshin arc
Naruto after Zabuza arc
Vagabond in the farming arc
Death Note after the first half

Hikaru no Go You know when it went downhill After Sai's best boy's death

Original, by having him bluepill himself erasing his memory kinda kills the character, since he's no longer himself

>since Last Order
really? I will say since page 1 from the original with the Alita being a cutie, the "in love" arc, the wannabe sport arc and then the big bad being a "she made me look like a coward so now she is my nemesis" arc.

Claymore ending was perfect.

is there any fucking manga that went downhill so hard like Bleach?

Strongest Man Kurosawa when the series didn't actually end after his big fight defending the homeless and he woke up from a coma. Seriously, who thought it would be a good idea to continue that shit?

It's a shame, but it built up the reveal which was a pretty big deal.
Plus, bringing him back to life was already kind of a cop-out, even if it was the core thread connecting Gally to Nova. And killing him off in the first place, whilst a little contrived, was ultimately worth it for Gally's character development and overall arc. Which in my honest opinion is the most important thing in the whole original and what made it so damn good in the first place.
And also what makes LO and MC significantly less good in comparison, unfortunately.

All manga.

Mars Chronicles has been so much better than Last Order. The only thing that kept me reading LO was Sechs

no fairy tail was shit from chapter 1.

Pluto last arc was fucking garbage.

I don't remember a single other manga that god me that mad.
Almost all of 2nd arc and whole final arc I was just constantly asking WHY.
WHY is this shit happening? WHY am I still reading it? WHY?

I don't think Berserk went downhill, or at least it didn't go drastically downhill. The release schedule makes it seem a lot worse than it really is because it makes the pacing feel atrocious, but ignoring the constant hiatuses I think it's completely fine, even if it has been better. It's not even the worst it has ever been right now.
Oyasumi Punpun fell apart in the third act for me. It really dragged on and it felt like the heart of the story was thrown out for shock value.

One Piece: I still think Skypiea is the best arc. Great setting, clean art, grand feeling story and everything comes together nicely at the end. Loved the Noland flashback and the scene where all the strawhats are partying at the camp fire. Alabasta and Water 7 were also great and I still enjoy the series.

7 Seeds: Peak enjoyment was between the Summer A flashback and the Hana/Ango drama after. I remember starting to lose interest around the chapters where Hana is "reborn." The scanlation hell didn't help either I think now it's down to two chapters a year.

Alita went to shit when they turned it into a generic sportsball mango. It was briefly better when she worked for Tiphares as a bounty hunter, but as you said that shit with Ido was garbage.

That faggot is shit at writing a decent ending.

How bad is Shin Kurosawa anyway? I haven't touched it just because I can't imagine it being a good idea to continue the story.

You don't like hippies saving the world?

Spirit Circle went downhill in the last two lives for me. It wasn't ruined, but the big action scenes were really boring and the last life was pretty underwhelming for all the buildup it got.

I don't like Sechs, but that's mostly because s/he stole a lot of the MC spotlight from Gally.

If Kishiro had just made Sechs' story a spin-off series and had Gally's continued adventures run completely separately, it probably would've have been nearly as irritating.

*wouldn't have been, even.

Gunsmith cats. Burst was mistake

>One Piece
WCI and Sabaody are the best arcs in the serie.

Don't get me wrong, I do dig the power of a song since I watched every Macross, but that one was way too much for me.

battle angel alita started great and ended great.

last order is shit through and through, with some brilliant moments in between

>Prison School after the anime
Yeah, no.
The Mari in prison arc was the best in the manga.

>-Code Geass since R2
pffftttt, no

I basically agree with all of this save for the Claymore one. I felt it went downhill as soon as everyone and their mother got these superpowers that allow them to control the awakening mode and when these super giant monsters appeared.

Shounen always tend to go downhill when a new power gets intruduced after a while for some mysterious reason.

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle after Sakura sold her divine luck. I think it was the point at which all these dark and retarded random plot twists started with clones and all the other shit.

>>>CAGE OF EDEN

do you mean with the kid iori ?
if so, i really fucking enjoyed it lol
good char development

Unpopular opinion but Bleach after the first few volumes when it went from a somewhat "down to earth" ghostbusters to a full-blown supernatural fantasy epic or however you call that shit and in which every bigger plan takes 20 volumes to happen and be concluded.

I keep telling you, Hikaru no Go. It fell down so hard that the MC lost his final battle.

Air Gear

Mangaka had no idea how to develop the story beyond the premise (which was an interesting take on the genre) and it fell apart. Didn't help that the mc is boring as fuck by design and every other character is either a depraved idiot or poorly written. The world building was also god awful.

aku no hana was always consistently shit.

He was dead the whole series

Sorry, I meant disappearance.

>unpopular
I think this is a pretty widespread opinion. true one, too.

Loved Nana to Kaoru and I am not even one of those that want actual sex in a bdsm series but even I was annoyed by this series going nowhere, not even regarding fetish - or school life, nothing and the side characters didn't get proper development either. I think it was doomed as soon as Arashi appeared since it took place after the main story line and had a more adult content anyway so the main series couldn't reach that niveau anyway, nor could it ever get any development since it happened before Arashi anyway.

Ubel Blatt was never good, it just went from edgy power fantasy self-insert shit to moralfag self-insert shit.

At least one could fap to it in the beginning.

>Claymore
The ending was fine if you ignore the whole outside continent with two kingdoms at war bullshit context that was mentioned once after the reveal.
It was so pointless that i bet the author probably wished they never wrote it in.

Goblin slayer after it stopped being about autistically removing goblin kebab and became a standard action adventure fuckabout. So volume one, essentially.

Chapters ~53 to ~75 are boring as fuck. Who thought a political arc would be a good idea? And then chapter 83 and 84 happen and it feels like a slap in the face.

It's getting better now tho

Pandora Hearts but I can't even exactly say at which point. I think it was rather a constant but slow fuckup than some big turning point.
The most accurate plot point I could give is maybe the revelation that Echo was two? three? I don't know many personalities anymore and the chainw as one of it or some form of that one and she and her split personality ego switched places and names and I don't know what else - that plottwist was so overloaded I forgot most of it already, but it is a good example of the plot twist fuckery about to come that ruined the series at the end.

This.
The whole last arc had way too many TWEEEESTs that it made no sense.
A shame since it was so good until that point.

>random plot twists
>random
Literally all of it was foreshadowed heavily beforehand--even Kurogane losing his arm. It's your problem if you couldn't see it. Yeah the final 10 chapters are so are a clusterfuck, I'll give you that, but it's otherwise very solid. If you thought any of it was random or the plot twists were retarded, either you weren't paying attention, or you read it as a kid. Or you're not versed in how CLAMP spoils plot points years before they happen. I'd really recommend you reread the series, I think you'll enjoy it more and see what I mean a second round. Sorry for calling you a brainlet the first time. I felt bad and deleted that reply.

I can't remember that the whole clone I am my own parent-shit was foreshadowed but it might be true what you say and that I just forgot the hints since I stopped reading that series for years at some point before I got into it again. That wouldn't make it any better though, in that case it's just a planned clusterfuck instead of a random clusterfuck - better planned yeah, but still atrocious.

Yep.

His action is marginally better, however.

Heh. I disagree that it's a clusterfuck, I think it just might appear that way. I mean the twists and plot is unusual but not bad in my opinion. I read it for the first time when I was 13 or 14 and the whole "I am my own father" thing didn't make sense to me at the time, but I still enjoyed it.

Makes sense now, though only as much as being one's ancestor could. But I'm used to these kinds of weird shit so I guess it seems relatively normal to me. Used to CLAMP series as well. Read every single one of theirs, in fact.

I think the rest of the stuff is pretty understandable. I remember seeing years ago someone complain about Fai/Fay/Fye/that fag's backstory because they couldn't comprehend the idea of a group of people hating something like twins existing, as if retarded shit like that hasn't been common throughout history (i.e. fan death in Korea). I can only assume that's not what confuses you kek. At least I hope not, you seem more intelligent than that.

Break Blade after Rygart's final fight with Borcuse. Not that it becomes extremely shit after that, I just found I had no reason to give a shit about anything else in it anymore, and since the series itself has all but faded into silence, most people probably felt the same

I see this happen with a lot of series. I think tha mangaka often wish too much to make their series deep or complicated for the sake of it. Twists are nice, but some series have so many of them that they are not only making the whole story implausible, some twists even nullify each other or former developments, or they make characters worse by adding some pathological character traits to them since twists are often part of a generally darker story line.
Again, twists are nice but I prefer simple and straithforward stories done right or a story that centers around one big twist that's about to happen over one of these manga in which nothing and nobody is like they seem to be and everything gets twisted around until you have a completely different story in front of you than the one you started.

I blame Kana.
She just couldn't carry the thing as the protag.

Only part during the third timeskip I really favored was the one that had Donkey, and that was mainly just for Donkey.

I did like Sage Kenji during the last arc though.

>It's getting better now tho
If by "getting better" you mean "we switched genres again" then yes I agree, we have definitely switched genres.

Its because it got too complex for their schedule release

>Gantz
that is completely right.
the ending is just meh

>tfw isayama will never permanently make it about mama braun and his little duckling harem + eren dealing with his brocon zeke

Alien Nine. So promising and then Emulators came out.

>ITT Manga that started well and went downhill
Psychic Academy after Volume 6.

Series literally ends with random nudity, the death of a love interest, and the MC having a "my journey begins here" moment where he abandons every other fucking character.

Chobbits in this exact fucking moment.

The final fight was great though.

No certain series but I always hate it when series change the genre and/or setting. I can't think of any manga I ever liked after such a switch.

Gantz is the biggest offender I can think of based on how strong it started and how bad it became. The last third is so wack, it's like the author really had zero idea on how to wrap it up.

>CLAMP is against waifuism
That's it, I'm burning my CLAMP shrine.

Vampire Girl when you find out god is literally an autistic child obsessed with helixes and from a metaphysical perspective the plot is literally just him playing with toys in the corner of the room while other gods do actual god shit.

S+M, final page, pic related.

This. At least Kiriyama stayed based till his death. That ending was so fucking stupid though.

I've heard they don't in the anime.

But in the manga it turns out the sum entirety of all the foreshadowing that Chii and maybe even all the other robots have actual sapience including the constant cutaways to a children's book with that exact god damn premise and a robot glitching out to save a dude's life were all actually to set up a twist where they just fucking don't and the series ends with the MC being okay that he'll be forever alone with a soulless doll he can never fuck and will never love him back because his love for it is enough.

On a related note there are only anime fans for Chobits.

user, I...have read the manga, I know what happens kek. Do you think Fai ever fiddled with his Chi?

>If by "getting better" you mean "we switched genres again" then yes I agree, we have definitely switched genres.
That's part of the appeal, definitely.

Any manga that goes behind 6 volumes

>behind
beyond* fuck

>tfw started off as survival horror action flesh mecha, went to political slice of life drama with a bit of yaoi undertones, to fightan again, to Desperate Housewives for 2 chapters, to some faggot's my imouto story, to political comedy slice of life first time mother, and now is shifting into political action comedy
Sports arc when?

Last Order was such a fucking mess. I only stuck with it because I was a huge fan of Gunnm and had read the two LO volumes that were out when I first finished the original. That, and the knowledge/hope that there'd be something more after (Mars Chronicles, which is molto bene in my opinion).

LO had some shining moments. The early volumes were strong, Sechs was pretty fun and Vilma's backstory was amazing in the way it expanded the world itself. But the endless filler tournament was a killer, each new chapter bringing us a new asspull, another shark jump and not a whole lot of actual story content to make it all worth it. I don't think I've ever been as unimpressed by a character design as I was with cat Gally.

I hope Kishiro doesn't croak now that he's finally beginning to give us answers to questions he first posed in the fucking 80's.

After the tournament arc and before the hot spring chapter.

Controversial opinion time: BAA should have stuck with the original ending.

>he forgot Zeke's baseball obsession
We've literally hit just about every genre except isekai, and even the SC finding out about the entire outside world could be stretched to fit that category. It's even haremshit with everyone lusting after Eren's cock (even the guys). Got sister complexes too, with Fay and Grisha. I think the only things we're missing is spaceniggers/sci-fi shit.

Ah shit, we don't have those yet either. Maybe we'll get those in the high school AU he's been drawing.
>ywn watch 21 Jump Street with a twig armed Eren
>ywn be a creepy janitor selling dodgy cleaning products in alley ways

Bruh Dorohedoro has been going strong for over 20 volumes.

>Fuck off space niggers, we're full
>You can crash in Marley if you want

The first half was far superior.

Most people think that but it'd say LO was worth it cuz it set up Mars Chronicles. Plus that "It's Alita's Brain" moment got me good.

This

The begging was great! It embodied everything that was "rad" without being cringy. But after all the content that was in the anime finished, the pacing became utter trash. After 100 chapters of slogging through garbage it finally started to get good again, only to get awful in a few chapters time

Air Gear, not even once

I can't believe how fucking consistent the quality's been. Kinda fucking insane.

Though, IMO, the latest chapters have dipped a bit. That might just be because I'm getting tired of waiting for the ending.

he regains it in Last Order

It's not controversial, the original manga had a perfect character arc for Gally that was the backbone to the entire series. Yes, the ending was rushed and no, there's no real explanation as to where she actually came from before or who she was apart from a callous space terrorist, but that wasn't the point in the first place.
So going back and making it about that just isn't as interesting, to be honest. MC is okay, I guess, but Gally's character arc ended decades ago and it really shows throughout all the continuations since.

The original run is better then Last order in my opinion. Last order went too over the top and unrealistic and lost that realstist , very film like cyper punk feel of the original series.
Last order went too far away from the sci fi and became just another battle Japanese manga.

>-Battle Angel Alita
Mangaka ran out of ORIGINAL CONTENT and just reimagined the same olde characters.

Attack on Titties has always been crap. In terms of both PLOT and artwork.

This boring twin archetype was enough to confirm it early in the manga

I just finished it a week ago and I'm still mad.
Fuck gooks.