Vinland Saga 146

This shit just keeps getting worse and worse.
This chapter was like some fucking Monthy Python sketch, only bad.

Such moments have been.

I waited a month for this?

Freeze yourself in the cryocamera.

i kinda like this
but i do agree the month wait isn't worth it

I don't know about waiting a month for this but Siggy killing that guard was fucking cool.

It's been worse for awhile now, ever since Farmland Saga took over

>i kinda like this
nigga you need a brain checkup or some shit.

Eh, I like the idea that they sealed the exit and
the murder made it so Thorfinn will have to fight or have a damn good Talk No Jutsu to get out of the situation.

fuck off if you want 24/7 mindless fighting go read some random historical warfrare manga

i have a theory called the Kodansha Curse

any manga that wins the Kodansha prize for seinen will eventually have a long, awful Namek arc that completely nukes interest in the series

>Kaiji - Poker
>Prison School - Cavalry
>Vinland Saga - Farming

you are free to add others to the list.

I think it's great.

The only interesting thing in Vinland Saga left is Thorfinn's relationship with Hild.

I hope they get together, instead of bland and boring Gudrid.

>Vinland Saga - Farming
Farming was pure kino though. It's not an awful Namek arc, it's a brainlet filter.

Hox when?

This manga just hook the wrong audiance from the start and than wanted to be all passive and shit, there was like 4-5 volumes of violence and now he wants to be peaceful? I liked the farm arc and shit but ever since they arrived at their land it was one of the most boring things I've read.

Man if you don't see how this comedic episode which suddenly turns to extreme violence can be compared against the brother killing his brother earlier, and the contemplative viking being executed, I don't know what to say to you.

And it's not like Norse sagas in the first place don't have their comedic aspects. Njala has a whole sequence where Kari teams up with a moaning peasant and goes around killing people. AuĂ°un's Tale is about a guy constantly getting into misadventures with his polar bear, which he intends to gift to the king of Denmark. And the growing influence of peacefulness and Christianity in Vinland Saga is a reflection of real Nordic sagas too.

I thought the why can't we just carry longboats forever.jpg was a meme but obviously it is not.

>>Vinland Saga - Farming
It wasn't that bad, compared to Vagabond.

Do we have a name for the current arc yet? At this point it's become an entirely separate thing from the Farmland Saga arc.

I want Hox's version.

i call it the they're finally going to go to fucking vinland arc

Yeah, it's called Vinland Saga.

But they're not though. Every attempt to try and go to Vinland has been derailed by Thorfinn's past catching up to him. The actual going to fucking Vinland arc will be the next one. Right now is more like Whacky Escalations Saga.

aren't we still in the Baltic sea/Baltic war arc

>they're finally going to go to fucking vinland
No, they're going to Greece, and right now they aren't even doing that, they're intrfering in some Jomsviking civil war.

Speaking of Vinland how do you think the series is gonna have the Vinland colony go belly up

Yes, we are.

bug-eyed thorfinn and gudrid fuck, make a baby, and help colonize vinland

MC thorfinn is leading the expedition, and him and hild fuck like animals multiple times per day

all parties fuck off back to Scandinavia once they see the savagery of the natives of the never relent

The fault lie in you, retards. Vinland Saga is to be read per volume, not monthly.

No even the slightest chance to that happen.

In the end Hild will MAYBE be able to completely forgive Thorfinn, but nothing more than that.

> not dropping after volume 1

Pretty much this, there interactions are the only reason i'm watching, his already dropped her panties multiple times since they met.

Also lets not get it fucked up, this chapters have all been quality, the issue is a lack of progression over a long period of time.
This needs to be marathond.

Well this month wasn't worth it at least. It was super short and nothing happened other than Thorfinn and Hild snuck in successfully and Sigurd got caught moments later.

Yeah, it works best when read in bulk.

Though I still enjoy reading from chapter to chapter. My only issue with this particular chapter was just that it was really short. Especially for a monthly chapter.

i honestly felt like a weekly manga's chapter

There is the theory that Bug Eyes is the historical Thorfinn. That said, I doubt that happens. And even if I could see Thorfinn and Hild getting together, theres a lot of character development that needs to happen first. Hild definitely still dislikes Thorfinn currently.

I could see her getting with Einar more likely.

I fucking hope they're not going to butcher Siggy's buddies.

Why?
Its not like they are interesting side characters.

They're moe.

He'll end up withh Gudrid, mate.

>The only interesting thing in Vinland Saga left is Thorfinn's relationship with Hild
That's by far one of the most interesting relationships in the manga.
>I hope they get together
What are you doing you dumb fuck?

I feel you user.

It's been garbage ever since the time skip. How are you only just realizing this?

>comedy relief killing TWO jomsborg vikings
Based

Nothing wrong with what we're getting. It's just the pace which is putting me off. I could read two novels in the time that it takes for a new chapter to come out...

I have to disagree, I feel like Vinland Saga is going the same route as Berserk. It used to be endless suffering and a dude gung ho on revenge.
Suddenly, the author just decides to go "fuck it" I wanna draw cute things and attempt some humor.

The whole manga basically did a whole bait and switch, hooked the audience who enjoyed the edge, or whatever you wanna call it, and are now shoveling poorly attempted humor and SoL down our throats.

Checked. My only complaint for the chapter is Siggy's wording... like OP said, like a bad Monty Python skit.

Full Eyes Thorffin got introduced for a reason, he is the actual historical figure.

The thing is that the bait and switch worked really well during Farmland Saga. The tone and pacing only started getting weird just recently in the Baltic Sea War arc.