Winter 2017/18

What are you looking forward to?

nothing

Final arc of Gintama

Unironically not looking forward to anything this season.

Is there anything to look forward to other than VEG?

All PVs looks like cheap outsourced shit with zero exceptions.

VEG is probably just going to be another Magus Bride /w Euphonium mixed in.

Honestly? Not really. I think I'll just sample a few shows I've read/played the source material of (Fate Extra, Junji Ito, Citrus) to see what they do with them, but this might be an off season.

Spring looks ridiculous, though.

Guess which of the 3: Franxx, VEG, Fate Extra will have the following

Guess which of the three shows OP listed will have:
>airdropping to fight from the plane
>murder survival game
>terrorists train hijack
>fighting prists and nuns
>incarnation of war god
>war crimes
>ruthless heroes
>rape attempt
>giant weapons
>servants existing for purpose of fighting
>decapitation and gore
>biggest death count of the three shows listed

Devilman, franxxxx, pop team ebin and VEG
Will watch anything else that's midly interesting

Devilman Crybaby.

It all depends on how concepts are handled. Not the concepts themselves. Either way I go into shows blind so I wouldn't know how to answer that question.

VEG, Franxx, Yuru Camp are my top 3.
Fate/EXTRA seems better than Apocrypha so I'll give it a chance.
Beatless will probably be a trainwreck, might watch it for fun. Killing Bites looks like dumb fun too.
Marchen Madchen, Saiki Kusuo, Toji no Miko, Tonkotsu Ramens, and Uchuu yori are also on my list.

not a lot

Fate Extra? It is about a supernatural war.

Killing Bites and Poptepic

Violet Evergarden

>airdropping to fight from the plane
She does jump from plane landing mid battlefield, wielding giant axe
>murder survival game
She kills POWs in murder game staged by the soldier superiors, ordering her to fight against dozen of them armed
>terrorists train hijack
is in PV even.
>fighting prists and nuns
She fights the battle prists in Utopia isle, to free the girl worshipped as Demi-goddess from sacrafice
>incarnation of war god
She looks 1 to 1 as War Goddess Garnet Spear, and cultists consider her as incarnation of her - given looks and fighting capabilities. She might be, since she clearly is not human and her origin still unknown.
>war crimes
Violet is war criminal, commiting many atrocities on orders. Theres also others present, but from losing side so in prison waiting for execution - admitting they killed less than her, but somehow are considered worse since they lost.
>ruthless heroes
Gilbert`s brother
>rape attempt
happens when Violet first found by allied soldiers, Violet murders them and chases the survivors
>giant weapons
Violet wields giant Axe
>servants existing for purpose of fighting
Violets only purpose is to serve Gilbert. Her only skill is murder. She does not get over it even after war ends, and despite trying to teach her normal life - remains a ruthless murder machine and just wish to be of use to her master. Using her own words - she is a monster, but people see the cute fasade
>decapitation and gore
Novel has a lot of graphic descriptions, including Violet slitting throats, decapitations, shooting, Violet bashing peoples faces so that they cave in etc.
>biggest death count of the three shows listed
Violet has by far the biggest killcount, accumulating score both in war and after (albeit after war she tries to avoid casualties.. it not always works), unless Franx pulls something like destroying cities etc.

For "Euphonium clone" Veg has way too much graphic violence and traumatic emotional impacts.

Wrong reply?

I was going to watch Fate/Extra since I liked the game, but then remembered that I don't think there has been a good anime adapted from a (non-vn) video game before.

Are there any exceptions? I can't think of any.

Cardcaptor, Pop Team Epic, and Franxx are my top 3. Hopefully, PTE lives up to the hype of being meme of the year.

>Magus Bride /w Euphonium mixed in.

Immediately, the girl aimed the mechanical bow and shot an iron arrow. It perfectly hit the handle of the axe stuck in the prisoner’s head. With the impact of the arrow, the blade was buried further into his cranium. The prisoner continued screaming until he collapsed backwards with an agonized, painful expression.

All chatter ceased.

Without paying the crowd any mind, the girl moved her petite feet in the direction of the convulsing prisoner, aiming the bow towards his torso and firing another arrow as she drew closer. It was a ruthless, precise, mechanical murder. The iron arrow pierced his chest and took his life away for good.

The girl retrieved the axe from the corpse and swung it lightly downwards, the blood and fat on the blade splashed onto the floor. She also seemed familiar with the successive pattern of collecting the iron arrows and repositioning them. Although her frame was of a young child when she stood still, her image was that of a skilled hunter when she moved.

No one had foreseen that the rug laid on the training ground would be stained with the prisoners’ blood. But from then on, that place would be covered in it. A girl soldier who would engrave her name in the history of Leidenschaftlich’s army was about to be born. As the spectators fearfully embraced that premonition, their stares focused on Gilbert.

He stood up, leaning his body against the security rail. Once more, he gave the order, yelling on top of his lungs, “Kill!!”

The girl moved like an automated doll. She sped up, her small body progressively lowering. Again, she threw the axe, still glistening with blood, into the vital point of one of them.

>not a new IP
You could just tell me I'm wrong without spoiling shit like a dick you know.

The prisoners then separated into those who scattered off and those who charged at her wielding their batons in spite of being overwhelmed. The ones that ran away were shot merciless and repeatedly in the head by the arrows. The brave ones cooperated with one another and surrounded the girl. It seemed they planned to corner her and beat her to death. They attacked in unison, trying to steal her weapons.

But such scheme was a mistake.

In the meantime that the girl could not be seen through the gaps between their bodies, the prisoners screamed and rolled onto the floor. Their ankles had been hit, and it was not a random attack – she stabbed and slashed them over and over. Such tactic could be executed due to the girl’s effective flexibility. Her figure as she stood with the knife in hand in the middle of the fallen ones was horrifyingly extraordinary, like a fairy conceived from petals of blood.

As a prisoner attempted to escape while dragging his feet, she rushed to grab his head from behind and tear his throat with the knife, silently ending his life. Her hand movements were similar to that of a chef decapitating fish and chickens. She then turned to the prisoners waiting to be dismantled, murdering them one by one. In the process, the knife eventually became unusable and she could not kill with anything except the batons.

“No! No! No!”

“She’s a monster! Help us! Hey, please help us!”

“NOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

VEGfags are so fucking annoying

The kemonobronies of our generation

The one originally meant to serve as bait for such a homicidal game had been the girl. However, he had also not wished for her to be the only one breathing in the end. After all the prisoners had been killed, had they been insufficient as the girl stared straight at referee who watched everything while holding a gun?

The frightened referee pointed the gun at her, but whether he could kill her or not was debatable. Whatever weapon was used to confront her, the chances of winning were slim. She was absolute. Her fighting techniques using multiple weapons compensated for her lesser physical power. Her outstanding skills were superior to brute strength.

Where had she learned all of that and what did she use to do? Even if she could talk, one could not hope for a decent answer.

Her assassination techniques made clear that she had a gift for conquering things through butcher. Not even being outnumbered was an issue. The audience of that ‘show’ was enraptured by her and could not help but applaud her wonderful talent. She was a prodigy. If any gods that controlled death existed, surely she was dearly loved by them.

The little killer who had obeyed the commands of her Lord directed her gaze at Gilbert. Blue and green eyes met.

“Stop.” He shook his head at the girl. As he did so, she dropped the baton she had been holding and knelt down on the spot.

Seated on the pool of blood, the girl breathed profoundly. Even as she was sultry with blood and fat, her figure as she inhaled and exhaled with such small lips was but that of a child. It only added up to her fearsomeness.

Is that all anime?

I will be reentering the fray of seasonal anime for the first time in three years. I fear my body may not be able to withstand it.

Definitely Poptepepic, Yurucamp, Junji ito, almost definitely kyoani's latest masturbatory animation splurge, and maybe Slow Start. I plan to survey first episodes of all the others that have cute girls doing cute things and evaluate from there.

Have you caught up on the shows you've missed over the last three years? That'd probably be a better use of your time.

It is in Spring though.

I thought it's coming out on Netflix in January?

I'm going to get back into the swing of dedicating time weekly since without structure I end up watching nothing. I have some backlog stuff marked on the calendar to watch weekly, so once I get into it maybe I can get a few shows every day of the week and start to really eat into the backlog and add some stuff I missed entirely.

you are right

just this much

Seems like only Devilman crybaby is worth watching as Yuasa implied this might be one of his best works and the manga is already a masterpiece. VEG will probably pale compared to crybaby.

Its out in less than 10 days man.

What kind of bullshit is this? This sounds horrible. Are you just making stuff up or is that in the novels too? If so then than this will fail.

Maybe Darling, Killing Bites, Fate and Overlord

Darling in the Franxx.
Death March cause Silver Link are usually decent.
Forehead Takagi cause seeing the manga on Sup Forums 24/7 got me interested.
Ito Junji.
Killing Bites.
Mitsuboshi Colors.
Overlord II.
Pop team Epic.
Ramen Daisuki even though I've read the manga and really nothing exciting at all happens.
VEG.
Sanrio Danshi.
Slow Star
Uchuu Yori.
Yuru Camp aka comfy of the season.

Fall season spoiled me with too many good shows.

(you)

Citrus.
Need that Yuri

It will totally flop since it will be inferior to original Devilman anime versions which are not animated in flash and actually true to manga artstyle.

I'll be watching Citrus and VEG. Otherwise it's backlog season

Who cares about the artstyle? It's a Yuasa show, it'll be good.

The strength of Devilman lies in its story and concept. Devilman, the most important part, looks great and even the designs of the characters are good too while different.

If there's titties, blood, and a rifle remodeled into a pistol, I will transfer it to VHS and back three times and post webms from it.

>Not knowing that every Kyoani show gets shit posted 2-3 weeks before it airs.
It's the norm now.

>The strength of Devilman lies in its story
ha ha HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA oh wow, wait, he`s serious
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

He is anonymous, but you are tripfag - so showing your ignorance and idiocy will stick with your name. Everything posted in is correct and happens in novel.

People on Sup Forums have litterally zero clue what they are getting into. Its highily amusing. That said, thats just one aspect of VEG and does not define the show, but anyone expecting mild drama will have rude awakening.

Cardcaptor
Overlord S2
Fate/Extra
Violet Evergarden

Not a bad one but none of the underdog shows look promising this season. Girl's Last Tour and Houseki no Kuni really set that standard high.

I am fairly confident that this will be my AOTS.

Overlord / Nanatsu no Taizai / maybe Ito Junji / will try Fate Extra / Darling because Trigger

This is kinda plot of the novels as well, with people meeting Violet being decived by her cute appearances and manners, not knowing what she really is.

She is not your sol waifu. She is an assassin, mass murderer, war criminal, a bloodstained weapon with no hesitation or regrets with only skill in her possession being killing. When you look at her dressed neatly and smiling mildly, she has hidden weapons in hair to pierce your arteries, ballistic knives hidden under dress, gun on the ancle and ability to just smash your face in barehanded and readiness to do it without thining for half second on recieving an order.

Its like reintegrading Terminator into normal life. It can imitate humans, but its not one.

What is this edgy shit?

>selfie stick
Into the trash it goes.

Anti war and violence pacifist novel.

“I love flowers,” writes Akatsuki Kana on her bio on the second volume of Violet Evergarden, “and I love poetry. But the most fun I have writing is war scenes. I want to be stronger.”

the ito show seems like it would lead to some fun threads, at least

>Spring looks ridiculous, though.
Really? Springs seems pretty dull to me so far.

Do you think its the best selling manga per volume of all time due to its art? How dumb are you? Its the story and the ideas within it that make it so acclaimed by all kinds of people.

I had that when watching Inuyashiki. So much forced mentions of twitter and shit. Like an old man trying to figure out how normal teenagers talk. Then again, I don't know how normal teens talk

[B]
Shield Hero
Arifureta
Chio-chan
FMP
LOTGH
Golden Kamui
Hinamatsuri
Persona 5
Fist of North Star
Steins Gate
Horse Girls
Liz and blue Bird

I dont remember a single season so stocked

No, its due to violence, nudity, more violence and more violence. Thats about it. Same reason why Tentacle rapes OAVs were so popular.

This is hardly a new concept. Super killing machine turned timid nice person is actually pretty cliche. Hopefully it has more going for it than cheap melodrama and pretty colours.

Not looking forward to anything, I know I'll end up being able to only watch two, three series at most.

Jesus there too much to look forward to.

I'll list thinks I won't watch because they're easier.

>Dame×Prince
>Gakuen Babysitters
>Hakyuu Houshin Engi
>Hitori no Shita
>Idolish 7
>Zoku Touken Ranbu

I'll watch everything else.

koi wa amaagari, and the trigger show.
Trigger has put out absolute trash a while now from kiznaiver(had to google the name lmfao) to lwa the series, and there's no doubt in my mind that this new show will be trash as well, but i'm gonna watch it cuz it's a trigger show with a male protagonist.

takagai san was a great manga, but the shift to super moe style makes the character look 6 years old, instead of pre-teens like in the early chapters.

and it goes no where, there was a least some progretion in the first 30 or so chapters.
There was even a moment when mc asked takagi to go out with him to the festival, everything related to that chapter was discontinued and it was like the mangak did a soft reset. it's been like 70-80 chapters and it hasn't been good.

Kiznaiver had a good OP atleast

How about no? Go Nagai and other authors wrote several stories that featured way more nudity and violence and werent as acclaimed if at all. Actually apart from the ero guro monster designs there is no nudity at all for the most part. What the fuck are you on about?
Violence is apart of its appeal like any other thing but its not the reason why its so acclaimed. Even Yuasa said that at its core its a story about love. Most people who cite Devilman do so and point out how emotionally devastating it was. It seems like you are just too retarded to get it.

That doesn't mean anything when the show itself was absolute trash

Sure thing. A masterpiece at a level of Bleach.

>tfw Wixoss will completely eliminate CCS

>Anti war and violence material
>written by someone who has never been near a warzone let alone lived through war, particularly as a soldier

I can hardly call horrible LN translations made by people who are plain bad at writing reliable, but judging on those excerpts, its already tripe. At most it'll be a an uninspired facsimile of works written by people who actually lived through such things. It really does look like just its trying too hard be super edgy though, based on what you showed us. Never a good sign.

Hahahahaha

As opposed to?

Looks like a pretty decent season, but we've been having a good streak for far too long, so I'm suspicious.

CCS remake can go to hell, the original is perfect and they'll only ruin my nostalgia goggles.
Trigger mecha show would probably be worth watching.
The smug forehead bully anime may turn out good, although the manga's schtick grew stale like 30 chapters ago and the MG's seiyuu is shit.
Out of all things, Gin no Guarding got a S2? There is no justice in the world.
I guess Hakumei to Mikochi mite b cewl.
Never heard of loli colors but the description sounds cute.
Overlord 1 turned out meh. Hopefully it'll be better in S2 (lol fat chance!)
That one retarded 4koma from which about 7.1% of Sup Forums reaction pics are made is getting an anime. I'll watch it just to see how badly they fuck it up.
Slow Start sounds deliciously banal.
Miko show is an anime original so I'll watch that.
There's also a Madhouse original with an absolutely retarded "how is this even anime?" premise, so I'll DEFINITELY watch THAT.
Lastly, a SoL camping show. That sounds amazingly comfy.

Watching Gintama, Yowapeda, Saiki Kusuo, Poptepipik, Nanatsu no taizai, Devilman. Most of these sequels are not even that good but I keep watching out of habit.
Trying Houshin Engi, Hakumei to Mikochi, Takagi-san, Kokkoku, Koiame, Violet Evergarden, Uchuu yori mo tooi basho, and anything else that seems interesting based on Sup Forums threads.

The lakmus test to identify people with taste from those without in Winter 2018 will be weather they are watching Saki Kusou or not.

>Random basement dweller still tries to discredit acclaimed masterpiece
Just stop.

I liked the daily format a lot more than the 30 minute compilation funishit put out at the end though.

Is it actually any good? I skipped it when it aired.

>Sup Forums wants to preach about anime masterpieces

This is a stealth comedy, right?

this

It is the only proper comedy anime Japan has produced in decade.

>Basilisk remake
What's the point? The original was pretty well-drawn, had an alright OST and stayed true to the manga, so why?

As she also took off her Prussian blue jacket and inversed it, she pulled a handgun out of the puffed sleeve. Next, she rolled her skirt up just a little. Fastened around her tight was garter belt with spare bullets, and upon reaching further up with her hand, she took out a holster with a ballistic knife as well. Lastly, she raised her hands towards her complex and diligently braided golden hair. Said braid rolled into a bun and ended on the dark red ribbon that decorated it, and from that spot was where Violet swiftly took out one thin, needle-like golden object. Then two, then three.

“What… do you use these for?” Chaser inquired, terrified by Violet’s hidden weapons.

“They’re concealed devices used for piercing the carotid artery.”

All present, with the exception of Violet, sucked in a breath.

“What… are you?”

“Rather than being for frequent use, they’re for protection. I hear it is unsafe for women to travel alone. Still, I am nothing but the amanuensis Violet Evergarden.” She said as though proclaiming, merely taking a fountain pen and a letter set that shone silver from the trolley bag.

“Are there really… no more weapons?”

Being asked for confirmation, Violet seemed thoughtful once again before nodding. “None. The sole thing left is the fact that I myself am a living weapon, yet I cannot do my job if I am not allowed to pass, so is this all right?”

Probably dropping over the half

sigh

I'll be watching at least 31 shows if I apply my usual shit-eating standards. Miira no Kaikata, Ryuuou or Kokkoku for sleeper AOTS.

Dietfriet smiled only with his lips, and then pointed at the thieves while nodding at the girl. “Kill.”

Gilbert was about to grab the girl’s tiny fingers, but in a second, her hand was gone.

The command’s execution was instantaneous. The girl jumped like a cat onto the nearest man with the knife in position, slashing his throat as cleanly as though cutting a fruit from a tree. From his neck, the ‘branch’, a large amount of blood burst out, and his head, the ‘fruit’, shook relentlessly.

She posed no hesitation to assassinate, and was fast to move on to the next action. Using the man’s body as a stepping-stone, the girl leaped and wrapped her bare legs around the neck of another thief, thrusting the knife into the crown of his head. Cries of deathly agony echoed in the room.

The girl then took the unused weapon from the second corpse and turned to face the remaining three people. The thieves, who had finally realized the seriousness of their circumstances, screamed and launched themselves at the girl. But she was quicker. Using her small body, she slipped past their feet and stabbed one after another from behind.

She was so light, yet the way she swung her arms with was so heavy. Her body was even more impressive than Gilbert’s, who had been trained in battle and martial techniques as well as wielding weaponry in the military. She looked as if she had no weight or center of gravity. Every time she flew around, fresh blood splashed along.

“Please stop… sto… stop…” the cornered last man implored for his life. He had completely lost the will to fight back, desperately pleading with trembling lips and a voice coated in fear, “I won’t ever do that again… I’ll compensate for my crimes… so please don’t kill me.”

More like teen mary sue fanfic

Most likely, he was reminiscing to what the cooks had told him when finding themselves in the same situation, spitting out what he could remember. He then dropped his weapon to show no resistance.

The girl looked behind her shoulder while still clasping the bloody knife. She sought judgment.

Gilbert shouted, “Stop!”

“Do it.” at the same time, Dietfriet raised his thumb and motioned with it as if cutting his own neck.

The girl opened her mouth a little, showing reluctance. Her eyes darted between the two without settling on either. Seeing that, Dietfriet was perplexed for a moment, then started laughing. He seemed happy.

“Kill.” he ordered once again, still laughing.

The girl moved her arm while still gazing and Dietfriet, robbing the last man’s life. The series of murders took less than a minute altogether. Breathing heavily, she looked in their direction again. She did not speak, but her eyes inquired, “Is this enough?”

——What is this? Gilbert strongly asked himself. What? What on Earth is going on? He gulped lethargically. Is this reality?

“You got it, right? This, Gilbert… isn’t just a kid. Once you figure how to use it, it can become the best weapon in the world…”

He no longer doubted his brother’s words.

However, one of the criminals held Violet at gunpoint as she had started acting odd. “Hey, what are you doing?! Hands up!”

“Understood.” She raised her arms, just as she was told.

The next instant, only the lanterns of the car abruptly burst and the lights went out. The screams of the passengers mingled with the hijackers’ angry voices. But there were no gunshots. The sounds of something striking and of breaking glass continued. Then, it became completely quiet. Everyone was enveloped in bewilderment at the silence that met them amidst the pitch darkness.

What had happened to the hijackers? What had been made of the girl who had suddenly stood up? What on Earth was going on in that car at that moment? While the passengers’ minds were filled with questions, fire was lit back within one of the shattered lanterns. A beautiful woman holding a match emerged from the dark like a spirit. With an index finger against her lips, she whispered a “shh”. The woman stood out vividly against the colors of the night. All the passengers who took notice of her fell silent under compulsion.

“Pleased to make your acquaintance. I am a traveler. Everyone, I am aware that you must be tired. Please wait a little bit longer. I will now take control… of the guards outside and the freight car.” Saying no more than that, Violet blew out the match’s fire with a whiff.

It's a sequel.

The men charged at her from back and front. Firstly, she crisscrossed the knife bouts from a man who had come from behind. She defended herself with her left hand, grasped his face and pushed him backwards. As he faltered, she swept him off his feet and, just like that, delivered a kick to drop him off the train.

An enemy who rushed towards her from the front attempted to hit her with his bare hands. It was a tall and broad man. He probably had confidence in his physical strength. Merrily, he targeted Violet’s face. Receiving a series of kicks with both arms, Violet aimed for an opening, placed a hand onto the hull and rotated her long legs. While he was overtaken by her kick, she sank the fist of her free hand into his stomach. But the man seemed to have a hard protection plank hidden under his clothes. She did feel that something had bent, but there were no sounds of bones breaking.

“I’ll crush your face! Die!” After a pause, the man raised his fist towards her once more.

Violet accepted it with one hand, pulled the gun from the holster and shot his thigh at close range.

“You… that’s unfa…”

Nothing was cowardly about Violet, who had been raised in the battlefields. She gently pressed the collapsing man’s shoulder, and he disappeared into the dark with a scream. As Violet was on her own yet again, the rattling of the train resounded in her ears.

>implying anyone is going to read this wall of text

Violet simply retorted Lisbon’s curses, “I see. I might really be a demigod, by the looks of it. If that is the case, I can confirm many of these things.” With her tone that had a sweet ring to it becoming icy, she continued, “Indeed, there might be no helping it if an imitation of human being such as myself were killed with the pretense of being returned to Heaven. But Lady Lux is different. She is… merely a girl who went through frightening experiences.” There was no hesitation in her actions or words. “You might be satisfied if I said ‘please take me’. However, I am now a domesticated monster. I cannot afford to be killed so easily. I am forbidden to fight unnecessary battles, but… my Lord once told me” she removed her black gloves, displaying her artificial arms, “to ‘live’.” Violet instantly rushed towards Lisbon, this time throwing a punch at her stomach.

Lisbon flew a long distance. Her body fell into the river and the other nuns went for her aid in an extreme hurry, as it seemed she would be carried away by the current.

Just a swing from one of her fists was enough to send someone soaring through the air like a doll. Upon witnessing that fact, those who had taken back their weapons let go of them at once.

“Challengers, come forward. I, Violet Evergarden, shall take you on.” The beautiful woman standing calmly amidst of so much violence was lurid and bewitching.

>So new that he doesnt even know that Devilman is /m/
>Devilman is a manga
>Calls it anime masterpiece
Go the fuck back to Sup Forums.

Look how cute this little fucker is.

holy shit, haven't seen a season this good in a while

Nothing really. Anime as it is right now is a horrible medium to portray historical warfare (or something imitating it) and its ramifications on the men who survive it in. And few Japanese who tried their hand in writing about such things ever succeeded in not falling flat or blowing it out of proportion, much less Light novelists. Go read Storm of Steel or if you're in a pacifist mood All Quiet on the Western Front if you want your fill.

This really just seems like edgy crap.