Is Sup Forums dead?

Is Sup Forums dead?

It's dying a really really slow death, that's for sure.

It's been dead for some time now.

Yes

Feels like there is no point to it anymore. Or maybe its just me who just prefers to consume anime alone, there is nothing to be gained from discussing anything here other than people shitting on your taste all day.
It got old

I'll fight till the day that an hiro puts 4chins down.

the last two years of garbage anime, the election, and banning most of the fun stuff haven't helped

kill la kill was supposed to save anime but it didn't

Literally? No. And you're all still here faggots.

inb4 deletion for meta

I think banning threads that became board's culture was the dumbest thing mods could've done.

more like five years

We needed more space for the multiple shounen generals.

I come here as I don't have anything better to do, I'm too much of a lazy fuck. Still more threads than ever before make you want to kill yourself.

The most retarded thing those normalfags did was enforcing rules, even using a sticky of all things, for a limited time and then doing nothing to uphold those rules.
The second most retarded thing those newfags did was doing the above again.

I sure like having at least 3 DragonBall threads up at all times.

Are you the mad lolifriend?

eh maybe we need to dial that back so we can have a 5th onepiece thread

I hate how general culture has infested this place

As a place for serious discussion anonymous imageboards can be pretty awful at times, especially when the topic is popular. People desperate for attention always posting extreme opinions that they would never stand by if their reputation was attached to such comments. Meanwhile those trying to engage in serious reasonable discussions putting effort and thought into posts often get overlooked, wondering why do I even bother to try to post well when someone can write "X is a pile of shit" and get 10 times the responses.

I still stick around because of habit and rarely you get an interesting thread, but I barely ever post anymore, let alone make threads.

It's slowly dying. I come to Sup Forums to have fun, and it just isn't fun anymore.

I'm just hoping nothing happens to the new years thread this year,

It's not dead yet.
Fucking hell is it boring though.
It feels like Sup Forums did before it slipped into unrecoverable mediocrity.

I'm pretty sure there's more than one of them.

/jp/´s corpse was the firs sign
This board is soon to become nothing but generals and memes of the season threads
Sup Forums will always get new posts this way, maybe a fate worse than death

out of sight, out of mind.

>page 1
>DBS general
>Boruto general
>Prison School general
>Umaru general
>Unpopular opinions thread
>One Piece general
>Berserk general
>YuYuYu general
>SnK general

God, this place is so fucking boring. Why did we allow generals to become a thing?

For a long time now I think if you make try make a joke or funny comment most of the time the person will take you as being serious and it will turn into some argument about shitposting or pretending to be retarded. Not even worth trying. Not a lot of OC stuff or spontaneously amusing threads anymore either.

You just mostly have your generals where the same people are posting the same things and having the same arguments day after day, or your currently airing anime threads which are often just full of trolling that derails anything else if the anime has any kind of popularity.

>Unpopular opinions thread
I hate these the most, it really brings out the newfags.

They don't only post in those threads, you realize. If they did there'd be little issue.

Because we have pacifist experts like
They love sucking dicks.

Unfortunately hiding them doesn't fix the real issue.

Completely tedious shithole that has literally nothing that makes it stand out compared to the rest of the site or internet anymore, overrun by people who have no discernable sense of humor.

the typically idiot will say that Sup Forums died between 2009-2012

2007 you retard.

Sup Forums has been really boring lately, but I'm looking forward to the mogra new years thread.

I think that because of the sheer age of those rules, the fact that they have been here for such a long time (that's a mental shortcut, you get the idea) people, sadly including mods themselves, forgot about what they were for in the first place. Stuff is prohibited etc. not because of political views, wrongness or any other A or B, but as a means of making the place enjoyable for the userbase. If pretty much no one has any problems with X, there is nothing wrong with it, even if it breaks rule 23, 642 and global rule 172361926791. This is not the case exclusive to Sup Forums, Sup Forums or imageboards, it's like that everywhere, even outside of The Internet Realm.
Not that it's of any relevance to anything, it's just how it is. Guess it can't be helped, that's just what happens naturally, after a place gets enough people and ages to a certain point. And well, after those people get to seats of power (fucking faggots with complexes, there always will be such people, won't it? Excuse my English.)... the place is pretty much dead, or at least, it crossed the point of no return.
This site is somewhat of an exception, yet only to a point. It is dying, it won't come back, but it won't die by itself either, or at least, it will take a long time for it to come.

As always, the biggest problems are peoples themselves.

I apologize for errors and overall quality of this post, I am not only tired of lack of sleep, but tired of this kind of discussion and of those faggots as well. Sumimasen.

>social media was the downfall of the entire internet scene

I think the real reason why Sup Forums isn't as fun as it used to be, is because the userbase has gotten older and a lot more cynical, especially with Sup Forums turning everything into a political morass. Any sign of creativity or spontaneity is immediately shouted down with allegations of "shitposting", "crossboarding", "underage", "retard" and so forth.

Believe it or not, pretending to be retarded is actually a great source of fun, and it's one that we've chased away.

I dunno, I have been frequenting Boruto threads, and there are some genuinely good discussions going on sometimes. Even when there's not, it's fun to just shitpost.

Not yet but I feel death may be around the corner. Although I have a strange desire to merge Sup Forums and /jp/ and restore the single board, as it was in the beginning. Well that or get some mods that don't have a problem with fun. I mean who the hell made the decision to ban sakurafish? Same with DJT, these people don't understand the culture.

So many normalfags everywhere
Doesnt feel like this site is ours anymore

I dunno, accusing someone of being a crossboarder or underage, retard, etc. is kind of shitposting and acting like a retard on it's own.

Pretending to be a retard attracted actual retards who thought they were in good company, is the issue.

Because anti-fun mods killed all the interesting threads

>go to general
>its the same fucking people
>it's the same echo chamber of x-y-z
>it has the rare retard saying x-y-z sucks
>he gets shouted out by the faggots that live in the generals

generals are fun i tell you hwat.

YOU WOULD KNOW

It's depressing because I know that there are still real Sup Forumsnons around but they get drowned out by all the retarded newfags and normalfags who don't know shit about this board and what used to make it good. The r/a/dio threads yesterday recaptured some of that magic, but now the board is back to being a boring shithole again.

The past week or so has also been dealing with Hiro and his ad fuckery.

To a point, but it's become like a defensive thing. Especially given Sup Forums's deliberate attempts at politicizing everything for their own ends, we end up having to fight against people who are opposed to fun itself, which saps a lot of our energy.
Retards can be fun though. Like the "nutbladder" guy.

>r/a/dio
Fuck off

>he hates music but ignores general discords

I'm not talking about entertaining retards, I mean the double-digit-IQ types who like the shonen generals, and the ones who just treat Sup Forums like their garbage dump for shitposting.

The generals on Sup Forums are better than the rest of the board by far, it's either all shitposting or all discussion.

but r/a/dio is good

Sup Forums is a steaming pile of shit and I want to leave but I don't know where to go

I hate to tell you this but this isnt Sup Forums

If you want an anime general go to fucking MAL. this is an Sup Forums related thread on the anime and manga board if you want Sup Forums style fuckery go to Sup Forums people like that are fucking retarded everywhere i go you must be like my home land, oh it sucks dick I MOVE TO NEW HOMELAND TO REPEAT FOREVER

I think it is kind of like says. "Shitposting" and "acting like a retard" doing things that skirt rules or even break them is OK when it is done in the right ways and with the right intent.

To have people who consistently manage to do that kind of thing in the "right" (amusing for others) way with good intent rather than just trying to piss people off for personal fun becomes more difficult as a userbase grows. Even the concept of having a cohesive community idea and understanding of the "right" way becomes difficult.

>he doesn't like getting drunk and having fun with fellow anons
>he doesn't like breaking down into tears as the depression block hits
>he has no concept of tradition and its importance in the life of a person

You are a sad little man and I feel sorry for you because even though my fellow anons may be miles apart and we may never psychically meet during events like r/a/dio during Christmas we were a family once again reunited and that is something you will never be able to experience.

This. It's become what I always thought Sup Forums or Sup Forums would be like. The sheer amount of moralfags and seeming underage makes me feel like this is just another casual social media site.

That's just it. Even in this sorry state it's still the best option. Or maybe that's just nostalgy.

most of the old anons are scattered across various irc channels but it's not the same

I think a lot of that though is people trying to use the site as a forum—which it isn't. I kinda feel we need to have like a spin-off site that's more persistent and structured, like forums, so crap like generals and whatnot can be pushed there.

Meanwhile for the main site itself, the mods need to stop trying to make it something it's not—mainly Reddit. The rules should be guidelines, and the primary factor deciding what moderation actions should be taken, should be the general opinion of the community. Not some rigid framework. As Wikipedia says, "If a rule prevents you from improving the site, ignore it."

That problem was way worse in 2011 than it is now, but the board was still more fun then

Being back world4chan and fill it with general boards.

Sup Forums is dying, yes.

That’s because new generations go to different places instead of here. Discord, tumblr, instagram, Twitter, etc. old people leave and no one replace them as fast as they go. Obviously is a slow death, but I’ve been transitioning away for a while because of how shit the sites become.

all the lonely boys moved to discord for their erp

Instead what Sup Forums says, "Complaining about Sup Forums (its policies, moderation, etc) on the imageboards may result in post deletion and a ban" and "The use of Sup Forums is a privilege, not a right". Seems they don't want people to enjoy the place.

There are forums for them already everywhere. They just want to insert themselves where they're not suited, mostly so they can shitpost in anonymity. If they made the spinoff forum anonymous, maybe it would work, but it's hard to get people to migrate, especially when they're used to the speed of our faster boards.

You got the first part right. Thats the only reason really. You've gotten older. Sup Forums has become stale. Its time to move on.

Sup Forums is reclining

Once you go anonymous you can't go back.

I fucking hate how generals changed the whole mood of the board. I can't even drop into a thread of a seasonal show for some discussion anymore because they're all just cancerous generals.

Isnt dying good though?
We need to be niche again

>spend years acting like (or actually being) shitposting troll retards
>surprised and upset when people start assuming everything you say is retarded troll shitposting

>if they made the spinoff forum anonymous

and yet you're still here

>That’s because new generations go to different places instead of here.
If only this was actually true.

Would making a separate /ag/ board for generals revitalize Sup Forums?

They don't want to respect the fact that we're a community, and not just a bunch of passive consumers.
They would have to be anonymous. The lack of anonymous forums besides us and a few other chans attracts people here who really don't fit in, but they want to be able to speak their minds.

There is something strange psychologically going on for those of us who have been anonymous for so long. It is strange to subsume your individual identity into this amorphous collective. I really would love to see research on the subject because these are the only places where I really feel like myself but at the same time I no longer exists when I post. The rain drop has become the ocean.

Look how well that worked for Sup Forums, as in, it didn't.

Speed is the only thing that Sup Forums has going for it at the moment.

The general culture has become more intolerant of perceived "shitposting" to the level of paranoia. A lot of promising concepts are shit on by anons who think they're enforcing some quality control on the content. Yes there is genuine useless shitposting like (you) baiting, but there should be a more considered view of what shitposting is.

We have to embrace the kind of weird shenanigans of early Sup Forums instead of try to emulate Reddit or become a stodgy discussion board only for the most refined anime conisseurs.

We must be free.

>it's your fault everyone is retarded
What even is this argument? Did you think before posting?

It's those fucking generals. We've got to take down those fucking generals. People have forgotten what Sup Forums is about, and even seasonal anime is confined to boring generals.

Speed and anonymity, yeah.

Probably has something to do with the culture at the moment, everyone jumping on your every social faux pas or wrongthink opinion.

Are you too retarded to understand what he meant? Acting like retards only invites actual retards to post here.

I think it would be helpful.
Sup Forums's problems are in a whole different league. Ever since GG nothing can be enjoyed without sticking it to the SJWs. Sup Forums has infiltrated that board completely.

That's right. The rules are guidelines. Especially the unwritten rules of each board. Newfags, retards, shitposters and normalfags only see black and white. There is no gray and there are no board rules anymore.
Now, those retarded fags want us to keep reporting Sup Forums unrelated and rule breaking stuff, but self moderation is dead, because those newfags can't distinguish between culture and cancer. You even get your usual 3-days-ban, if you dare to report a janny's favorite.

Yet here they are, enforcing rules they can't uphold themselves, because they either lack vigor or don't care at all.
They do that over and over and nothing changes.

I regret not taking the opportunity doing it for free and sucking dicks all day, climbing up the ladder.

I wish less people came to Sup Forums.

You mean anonymity.
If you dont understand this you dont belong here

But is IS your fault that everyone is retarded. The only reason you're even asshurt enough over my post to reply to it is because you not only know it's true, but you know you've done your part to contribute to the problem, shitposter-kun.

moot should've taken us to gensokyo with him

God, this is the fucking worst. I miss when seasonal anime were a way to have fun and enjoy something with the board

When someone asks you if you are dead, you say YES!

Honestly Sup Forums in its best days was never anywhere as good as Sup Forums was anyway. It just somehow ended up the target of all the worst sort of posters.

Oh look, it is a nurutard who think that swimming in shit is fun and entertained. Color me surprised

Its been dying for awhile but Moot really should of taken us all out with him

they only react when people are fucking with their vidya, and you should go subvert something else