Do enough great deeds in life to get hailed as a hero or as a legend in life

>Do enough great deeds in life to get hailed as a hero or as a legend in life
>Instead of peaceful rest get summoned to fight on a dick waving contest between mages
>Forever
Fate Stay Night world is kinda fucked up

>>Instead of peaceful rest get summoned to fight on a dick waving contest between mages

It's ironic that you posted the one exception to this outcome

The real people don't get summoned.

It's not the people itself that's summoned, it's an incarnation of them as recorded in the Throne of Heroes. This is why Kojiro and Holmes 'exist' as Heroic Spirits.

So would Servants be something like "copies"? And the throne of heroes a big copy machine?
And before you call me a secondary,
I did read the novel, but it was years ago and I'm also dumb

The servants want the grail you dummy

Holmes is real; Kojirou is not.

Arturia was literally only able to finally get peaceful rest BECAUSE she was summoned as Shirou's servant

Really? It seems like most servants don't really give a shit about the grail and just do whatever. Zealot runs around killing people who want the grail, Alexander just wants to take over the world, I think Cu was just in it for the fights, Emiya wants to murder himself, Medea just wants Kuzuki, Gilles just wants to stalk Jeanne (Saber), Lancelot just wants Saber to punish him, Herakles wants to protect Ilya.

Yes, under normal circumstances it's like you're pirating a hero.

Most servants don't feel like they actually give a shit about the grail.
And the grail only holds true worth for mages because of the root. In "normal" circumstances the servant would end up killing itself to fill the grail.

Saber was a special case. She made a deal so she could erase her mistakes and save Britain. The rest of the heroes are just copies that are only there for that war.

It's ok, because the're all cute girls now

wonder what seibah would think of modern day britan

The grail is advertised as a wish granting device. Not to mention most of those wishes can be fulfilled by having another chance at life, which apparently is one of the very few wishes the grail can actually grant (see: Gil's mudbath, though I don't know how effective that was considering what's in Kirei's basement)

I would pirate a Saber

The servants are clones made from dna stored in the throne of heroes
special snowflakes like saber and archer are exempt from this

Gil didn't actually need all the orphan juice, he has practically unlimited mana

Sherlock Holmes isn't real, user. Not in the fat universe.

Seiba was fighting against the invading Saxons in the first place. Her kingdom was basically Welsh

So the orphans are just part of Kirei's Funhouse of Suffering?

Don't worry, user - it gets worse.

Kirei thinks Gil needs them, but he would probably do it anyway just to traumatise shirou in the unlikely event he goes into the basement

So if the servants summoned are "copies" of the real deal, wouldn't that make Gilgamesh a faker?

Yes, but
>Listen to me. Even if a Servant seems godlike, its standing is equal to your own.
>Current civilizations use the relics and knowledge of past pioneers, and Servants are the same.
>Even we Heroic Spirits were once humans who were aided in many ways, which is how we end up forming contracts with Masters such as you.
>In other words, to a Heroic Spirit, it isn’t so bad to be summoned and then relied upon.
>Hypothetically, what would you think if the things that you left behind were helpful to people in the next era?
>[warm smile] That’s right. Servants are no different. To leave a legacy that that keeps future generations alive — there isn’t a single Heroic Spirit who doesn’t feel the significance of that, whether they’re good or evil. That’s why you’re on equal ground with Servants, spiritually.
>It is a natural human obligation for a Servant to lend his power to his Master.
>That’s what it means to live on this planet. One day, your life’s accomplishments will surely benefit someone in the future.