Hinomaru Zumou

Anime confirmed, anons

About FUCKING TIME

Please anyone but Toei.

You know it's going to be them.

Series about sumo wrestling? How the fuck does that go for 17 volumes?

It goes beyond highschool.

The same way garbage about beamspam can go on for 60+?

Had been expecting that for a while. But wasn't the manga in danger of being cancelled?

YES YES YES FUCK YES

That was a bunch of bullshit that some retards kept on spamming for 1-2 years and here we are.

Basically they even said this big announced was the cancellation because surely that would happen...

Yeah, now they have no choice but to shut the fuck up.

I have one spoiler from last manga chapter raw, but dunno how to put spoilers.

##Testing##

Oh seriously? That's pretty cool.

Some fights go for 5 chapters

*Saw the faq*

Ok anons, big spoiler from last manga chapter:
Hinomaru and Reina are now dating

Thought so the last chapter heavily implied it and the entire act had been building towards that.

By the way, I'm not a sumofag but I enjoy this manga way more than Haikyuu or Kuroko no Basket.

Am I the only one?

Lurk more.

The thing is, it has a really different dynamic compared to those two, because it doesn't involve any balls and it concentrates on a small ring where all you have to do is knock your opponent out however you can. I do enjoy HZ more than those two though, yes.

Kuroko was always mediocre and tgeb went to abject trash near the end haven't read HQ.

Nice, maybe people will finally stop entering ToC threads and stop bitching about how a sumo manga is surviving longer than their favorite x series

It's a pretty good sumo wrestling manga, that's why.

I hope it's two cour that should be able to cover the entire first season.

doens't the first part of the manga have 100 chapters?

I wonder if the author will go in greater detail in romance arc since it's been none exist end until this point.

My biggest fear is that the only reason they waited this long to give it an anime is that Jump wanted to adapt the entire part 1 of the manga (before he went pro) so they got Toei or studio Pierrot to animate all, which will probably take the whole year.

Matsutaro went for 36

>Matsutaro
holy shit that's from the 70's nigga

to many ugly dudes. fujos not gonna care about this like the other sports manga

There is already is a Fujo fan base (have a look at it's pixiv) but yeah I don't think there will be a massive one.

Each match takes 3-4 chapters. 3 to 4 chapters per episode is doable.

I wonder if this one will manage to be as bad as the last few Jump sports shows. I’m sure it will. Shounen Jump shit is always trash.

The manga itself is high quality stuff so it would take a toei level screw up to mess it up.

why are you even here you then?

yakuza money

they're animating this to fix sumo's image in nipland

Wonder what timeslot it'll get

prime time Toei or some shit

do you think the fujos will like the thicc?

The only people that bother to make Hinomaru Zumou fan art are fujo's

>they're animating this to fix sumo's image in nipland

What? How did this happen

That's an assumption but Sump doesn't exactly have the best reputation with Japanese teenagers.

YES!
This manga is seriously one of the hypest series in all of WSJ. Each char is great, each fight is entertaining and well done. Really love the artstyle.
If this gets Ippo level animation this manga will flow into outer space...at least i hope it will and not have japs proving their shitty taste again.

yakuza match-fixing and a lack of a japanese yokozuna for a long time

Sumo is regarded as old and irrelevant by youths who see it full of fat people.
Zumou changes all that and shows even midgets can do it as long as they start getting fit.

I'm just happy the anime exists as long as it'a good and the author gets to finish the story the way it wants I would mind if the anime underperforms

Please please please good studio who can to justice to the art.

And the matches half the entertainment is the hype match moments of they can't do that well don't bother.

Wasn't there one recently though they kinda rushed the whole process.

The most slept-on series in WSJ.

Ippo-era madhouse would do a godlike Hinomaru anime but it's gonna get a garbage studio.

that's because it is fat dudes in diapers

my father works for jump and he told me that Madhouse is doing the anime

It's a combination of what other people here have said.

Nip kids think Sumo is dorky, embarrassing, and old.

The other problem is that THOSE EVIL FOREIGNERS have "ruined" the sport by basically totally destroying all the manlet nips at it. Basically the majority of the best wrestlers and most of the Yokozuna in the last several years have all been foreign (mostly Mongolian, which is actually pretty fucking appropriate since Sumo is derived from Mongolian wrestling)

it wouldn't shock me if Hinomaru had some outside forces pushing WSJ to keep it. Thankfully, Hinomaru is pretty good.

And that’s why zumou will revolutionize the sumo industry.

bara is a thing my dude

Oh father I see not your uncle?

Bara is for guys though, fujos like feminine males.
Watching buff men do manly things is too much for women.

There are enough good looking dudes, though there indeed are a lot of potato noses goin on.

Ushio to Tora's team would fit pretty nicely but I guess Toei will be in charge now they've finally moved to their new HQ so they'll be able to produce more than One Piece, DBS and Precure. I'm okay with Toei if the show is not running more than one or two cours, I would like DBS and Precure not looking like dog shit during action scenes.

I feel it'd have a niche appeal to that audience probably nothing near the level of kuroko.

Bleach when

I can't belive it, a shounen manga where the mc gets a girl friend before the end of the show.

and she's a hot delinquent too.

I wonder who glasses girl will end up with if anyone.

Clearly never

Loin clothes my man loin clothes...

good

women love bara hell they like everything gay

Women have inches and fetishes just like men

Wonder if this will be a late 2018 or 2019 anime

Do they usually announce stuff this early for this to be 2019? My money is on late 2018

late 2018

predicting fall 2018
The real question is which studio.

Toei

If we search are feelings we know it to be true.

Despair is the feeling

It's going to be a poisoned. Having your cake and eating it tends not to be allowed.

*chalice

I don't like cake so I'll be fine

Don't sumo guys ever have sick slips?

Exactly what we need in Sup Forums.
More shonenposters.

>Zumo
Into the trash.

Don't worry, this will never take off that much even with a Kuroko tier anime because it's about naked thick guys wrestling it out

Retarded?

You?

No

I sure hope if its Toei they got their A game.

Tiger Mask W had pretty well animated episodes

Man I really hope it's not Toei for a company with properties they have, they seem to give absolutely no shit about the quality they put out.

Wait, it does, from the place I'm at they just finished the high school stuff and I figured that'd be the end since half of the main cast stop doing sumo.

>That spoiler
Fuck me, really?

Yeah a large proportion of the timeskip (as in the last few chapters) had been building up to it.

Basically the story had completely ignored the romance until this point and then went into overdrive on it.

Nah that's basically halfway seemingly. There's timeskip and he goes pro. Basically about his ascendancy to Yokozuna.

best boy

FUCKING YEAHHHHHHH!

HOLLY SHIT.
Now Sup Forums will have to admit that Hinomaru Zumou's KINO SPORT despite being about sumo and will have to talk about it.

I always thought he was an American transfer student.

Fuck off. A team should go to DBS, B team to Precure, C to One Piece and the leftovers to what the fuck they want to do.

>dragonball shit
no

Eat shit. It's their biggest show and IP.

People weren't saying it would be cancelled, they were saying it would end soon naturally because it seemed like a safe assumption when they won the national tournament.

>I'm not a sumofag but I enjoy this manga way more than Haikyuu or Kuroko no Basket
Probably because it's not fujoshit.