Why is Phantom Blood so shit?

>reading JJBA for the first time
>slow start, didn't get really good until the time skip, although the fights all sucked
>kept reading
>Dio asspulls himself back from rock bottom, that pisses me off a bit but I forgive it because there was still plenty of hype
>ripple guy turns up
>keep reading
>serious fights eventually break out and I can no longer tell what's going on
>reach pic related and give up
>so tempted to just skip to part 2
What gives? Am I just reading a shitty scan or is it actually this shit?

Probably it's just you. Phantom blood was all about manly men doing manly things plus vampires and zombies, so if you don't like that, probably it's not a manga for you.

You´re probably going in with the wrong expectations.
Part 1 is for people who´d enjoy Hokuto no Ken if it was even weirder.

I should clarify, by "I can no longer tell what's going on" I don't mean that it's too bizarre, I mean that I actually have no clue what's being shown to me in the panels. For example, what the fuck is being depicted in the OP pic?

Speedwagon is thawing Zeppelis frozen arm with his red hot chest.

Are you telling me that I should learn how to read Japanese sound effects? Or is there some other way that I should've caught that?

>Like Jojo
>Like Hokuto no Ken
>Like weird stuff
>Part 1 is my least favourite part
Suffers from early entry weirdness, barely feels like Jojo, part 2 is leagues better.

Maybe try the colored version

Well, Zeppelis arm was frozen.
I don´t think that leaves much room for interpretation as to what Speedwagon is doing in that page, even if it is bizarre.

If you thought Phantom Blood was too fucking stupid than you'll hate Battle Tendency.

Parts 1 and 2 are legitimately better in the anime. Start reading at part 3.

Part 3 is boring as fuck though

That's why you should read it. So you can blaze through it as fast as possible.

shit taste

2>3>everything else>1.

Yeah, SC was in that awkward stage of being the link between the old format and the new format of Jojo and it really suffers of it, being the weakest entry in the stand saga. It tries to be bizarre, but every single hero stand is pretty much a direct damage one with maybe one extra function. It isn't until DiU when it really starts to get creative with the stands instead of being all about beating with power other stand users.

Those scans are fucking dogshit read the coloured ones

Isn't that instead the problem with part 4? At least part 3 was where it was intended to end.

No, it's part 3 the one with the problems. It has vestigial elements of the format part 1 and 2 followed while trying to implement elements that would be refined in its successors. Part 4 was a full blown member of the stand shenanigans side of Jojo while part 3 was something in-between.

These coloured ones?

These scans are impossibly good. There's no way that the original manga had this much quality, I feel like someone's tampered with my Jojo.

I had the same problem reading thee manga. Just watch the anime, it's much easier to stomach through and the soundtrack really makes a difference. It's all worth it just for part 2.

This is confusing the shit out of me. Pic related is both versions in the highest res that I can get them.

Are the colour scans the only high quality choice for part 6?

Nah the tone of phantom blood is great. You just have bad taste.

Overall phantom blood is still a decent 6 out of 10

do you have downloads to the color scans of all partts at that resolution?

I don't know how people can read black and white scans for Jojo honestly. Like, it's still Jojo and it's still good, but there's so much motion and action that it can be a pain to look at in black and white. The coloured scans are just so high quality and really fit the tone of Jojo.

No, it's a bootleg Hokuto no Ken just like Battle Tendency, so if you have any modicum of self respect you most likely wouldn't enjoy them. The fact that you're reading BW scans instead of JJCA scans makes it feel worse than it actually is, so do yourself a favor and get the color ones from their site for all parts.
That way even if you hate what you're reading at least it'll look good.