Has a cute and loyal petite space elf who wants his love

>has a cute and loyal petite space elf who wants his love
>unironically prefers some titty monster bimbo who dresses like a literal whore and likes pink sofas
>has a delirium tremens episode and shoots the elf
>barely even gives a fuck, only cares about the bimbo who has cucked him on multiple levels
>his whole military gets loses to one ship crewed with children

Is this, dare I say, the biggest, most tasteless pleb in the universe, not to mention the worst leader?

1. Starsha is the hottest and most compassionate woman in the entire galaxy. The elf was just an unremarkable piece of shit.
2. Under his orders they were this close to sink the Yamato; blame the retard who tried to assassinate him and forced Dommel's fleet to retreat at the very last moment.
3. His country was already tearing itself off from the inside; the Yamato just went through the cracks.

The only thing he did wrong was expanding the Gamillian empire so fast and aggressively. That and the whole "a giant space station will be my new capital so let's fuck the old one" stunt.

>That and the whole "a giant space station will be my new capital so let's fuck the old one" stunt.
thas where youre wrong. his attempt to blow up gamillas made perfect sense in 2199. it wouldnt have made sense in the original, but it did in the re-interpretation.

He's surrounded by traitors too, so that doesn't help.

>most compassionate woman in the entire galaxy
>cucks her husband with the first ooga booga primitive because let's face it, that's probably how spess people see Earthians she runs into
>develops wmd
>helps both sides in a war
Also don't forget, Iscandar was also a despotic, war-mongering empire back in the day. She uses the legacy of that to live in luxury like the typical spoiled and entitled 1%

>The elf was just an unremarkable piece of shit

She rose to the rank of a propaganda minister despite being an orphan and an outsider. Well regarded even by the racist blue people, which says something about her skill. What were Starsha's professional and intellectual accomplishments aside from lying on the beach and getting PINKED?

I dun geddit
Why do they mount their guns all on one side?

>She rose to the rank of a propaganda minister thanks to being blessed with convenient psychic powers and having meet the supreme leader when she was a child
Fixed. She didn't earn shit either.

Reminder that the sequel is out now, about 10 episodes already released.

But Sup Forums doesn't discuss it so it feels like no one cares.
NuYamato is one of the most underrated animus. Is it because of the OVA format, I wonder?

Waiting for the TV version.
Not watching OVA in poor quality translated in Russian.

It's not translated in Russian, Central Anime's been doing a great job so far.

I'm waiting for the BD release, it doesn't matter if it take years light.

Last I checked Movinglines was doing it and it's translated from Russian.

Probably, I knew about it getting a sequel but never realized its already out in parts, only found out about it in a dead thread in the catalog around november.

I think the ova episodes are released in BD format already.

How shit is the non-compilation movie which takes place between episodes and where they meet Jirel and Gatlantis? Can I skip it?

The wiki says he's 32 in human equivalent. How did he rise to power so young? Were blue people always Nazi and totalitarian or did he make them? Does he have some sort of tragic and edgy backstory like, for instance, Reinhard? There is nothing said about his origins, he sort of exists in a vacuum, which is a bit weird. I haven't seen the original.

It's pretty good. While you technically *can* skip it, I don't recommend doing so because it has one of the best battle scenes in the entire franchise.

Get Central Anime's releases then. They're doing it much better.

Why did it make sense? I can only remember thinking it was retarded.

>goal is to take over galaxy/universe
>only way for this to happen is by staying technologically superior
>earthlings about to reach iscandar, all attempts to stop them failed
>if they do reach it, theyll get access to a technology that will make them an even more dangerous race to desslers plans
>blow up a single planet in an attempt to finally kill them
>doing so gets rid of opposing force, potential danger to desslers plan, and all of it for a single planet (dessler controls dozens, maybe even hundreds of populated planets in 2199)
>but hurr durr he hates his people its out of character durr hes a shit leader
he believes that expanding the garmilian empire is in the interest of his people. sacrifing his capital to secure an era of prosperity and military domination is a deal anyone would take in an instant. hes exactly what a leader needs to be. sacifice millions to secure the future and well being of billions.

Inherited the throne from papa smurf.

Two elves, actually. And they'd both be open to remaking their race with his seed.

I'd actually kind of like to see an AU where Celestella lives and works for Earth.