What do you think about Mitsuru Adachi's works?

What do you think about Mitsuru Adachi's works?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bm1n0zF0yEk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I only read Touch and it was great.

Most of his endings are on the weak side, but I've enjoyed all of them immensely except for Q&A. I hope MIX keeps getting translations.

Touch was great, Cross Game was decent.

Haven't tried anything else

Sameface

I think Ace of Diamond is better than most of Adachi's work

It's iconic sameface though.

Love them.

I had read all that there is available and can only say how sad it is that his stuff is not doing well anymore. He is the master of sport love comedies and tsunderes.

Mitsuru Adachi is really underrated in the West and properly appreciated in Japan (one of the best selling manga authors of all time). One of the few cases where Japan doesn't have shit taste.

Touch = Cross Game > H2 > Katsu > Rough > Q&A> Katsu > Niji Iro Togarashi > Miyuki

I haven't read Mix yet.

> Katsu > Rough > Q&A> Katsu

Q&A's ending was ridiculous. What the fuck was he thinking?

Good but kind of formulaic. Not that that's bad, it just you know what you're getting when you read Adachi.

Why don't you like Miyuki?

Oops, delete the first Katsu.

Asspull ending, and a bit disturbing all things considered. It's still worth a read.

Best OP of 80s anime:
youtube.com/watch?v=Bm1n0zF0yEk

They play this all the time at Koshien. Literally every single game.

Why does Sup Forums have this much shit taste? Adachi threads are dead, 3-gatsu no lion threads are dead and sister fapbait shit gets to bump limit.

I doubt most of Sup Forums has even read Adachi manga, let alone know who he is. He's not exceptionally popular outside of Japan.

> sister fapbait shit
Adachi basically invented that, though.

I hope Touma ends up with his step-sister in MIX.

Adachi did one or two incest manga but never got into JC territory.

Was Katsuki his most overpowered MC? Fucker never lost once.

You say that as though there has ever been any question.

I always wondered which anime adaptions were worth watching of Adachi's? I've only read his stuff.

Yes, he single-handledly built a team from scratch and lead it to Koshien all years. Made it seem easy as fuck.

I think you're confused, Katsu isn't even about baseball.

Touch is good but really slow paced. Cross Game is great and fixes the on-your-face foreshadowing the manga had.

Shit, that looked like H2. Hiro is his most overpowered MC.

Cross Game anime is really good. They gave Aoba a subplot that fit her character and let her do her own thing, which was nice. H2 adaptation is cancer, stay away.

I dunno, it hasn't been very overt. They haven't shown anything that hasn't been sibling love so far.

Who is the best Adachi MC? Tatsuya or Kou?There isn't really any other choice than those two, they are too far ahead in the competition.

>I dunno, it hasn't been very overt.
Are you serious? Even ignoring the extreme devotion/connection they show (and the fact that there's no other romantic endgame on the table for Touma, since Haruka's obviously ending with Souichirou), there are fucking hint-hint moments all the time. The tall friend outright says "OH HEY, SINCE YOU AND OTOMI AREN'T BLOOD RELATED, IT'D BE OKAY FOR YOU TO GET TOGETHER WITH HER" in like the first five chapters. When Otomi asks which of the brothers Haruka is interested in, Haruka goes "Why, are you worried or something?" Touma studies himself into exhaustion to prevent Otomi having to go on a date with the tall guy, and then he gets nervous as fuck later when he thinks Otomi's gone on a date with the love rival guy. That rival love guy even fucking says he's jealous of Touma shortly after that. It's really not subtle at all.

I like Tatsuya the best

I never post about any of his manga here because I know I'd get very upset if shitposters showed up in the thread. I have been like this for years and I don't plan to change that. Sorry.

I think Minami is the most bland Adachi girl though, I could not even force myself to like her. Tatsuya really carried that manga for me.

I like her enough. Her jealousy moments are cute as fuck.

Who's who

I was recently rewatching Touch, and there's literally so much foreshadowing to Katsuya's death it's insane. I dunno how I didn't see it coming initially.

also, this was funny.

Were these in the manga? I can't remember. Did the anime add new scenes?

Probably just the anime. They were like passing moments.

The Cross Game anime hit me in the feels. Cried throughout desu.

Which episodes should I skip if I want to watch Touch only for its romance story, and not the baseball games?

But the baseball is essential to the relationships

not even adachi himself knows

Sameface
sameplot
samecharacter
sameeverything

Nah

all of them

they’re all tatsuya, no?

Best sports/romance manga around. The guy draws the same characters and the same story using the same themes and jokes and I love it every time.

H2 is the best, Cross Game and Touch come next, after that I'm not sure, maybe Katsu.

Cross Game bored me to death until episode 30.