Is 1080p anime still meme?

For longest time it's been common knowledge that any 1080p anime is just a upscale of 720p.

Is it still true at almost 2018 year of our Lord?

5 minutes to find out for yourself

you can find out if it's worth by looking up what res the source release is

Not that simple.

Technically all bluray sources are 1080p or 4K resolution. But if the actual cartoon source is made for japanese 720p HDTV first, then it's technically still a 720p upscale, just wasting bits and merely providing better audio.

If the source is above 900p download 1080p
Otherwise 720 is fine.
At the end you're downloading horriblesubs so it doesn't really matter.

It the art is not that mindblowing/average, just stick with 720p, even if it was made originally in higher definition unless you have fuck ton of disk space.

Batoru! :3

Upscales to this day. Don't listen to the autists, 720p is fine.

This. What are the animators even going to do with that extra resolution? You should ask for higher frame rates before 1080p.
Hell, 480p is good enough for anime, especially if the subs are rendered in the client viewer.

If it has a bluray release I download the 1080p bluray rip
If theres only TV/Web releases then I go with 720p
Probably not the most optimal but more convenient than meticulously looking up every single anime I'm downloading

>im retarded the post

1080p TV rips have a higher bitrate, so they look better even though they're upscales. Download a HorribleSubs 720 and 1080 of the same ep and see for yourself.

hope this is bait

Houseki no Kuni is 1080p, judging by the shading

I mean, you're going to do CG you might as well

wrong tag sorrymasen

kyoani produces everything in 1080p nowadays.

what's the point of 1080p anime if animator barely able to maintain the animation Quality in regular anime series?
do you want to watch Quality Code in 1080p?

4K anime when?

Kimi no na wa was released in 4k UHD tho it's an upscale.

Gundam Thunderbolt too.