100th Anniversary of Anime

Montage celebrating 100 years of anime

youtube.com/watch?v=4t-GV4XcJak

inb4 my favorite show is missing

Circlejerking is not Sup Forums related. If you want to advertise. go to Sup Forums/advertise and purchase an ad like anyone else. Also spam is against the rules.

Yes, I'm totally advertising for the Association of Japanese Animation. What are you, retarded?

Just try again later, OP.

Magic girls have Sailor Moon and Precure also Madoka

Not have Card Captor Sakura and Nanoha

It took a lot longer for Lupin to appear than I expected. It was also cool to see a bunch of the stop-motion stuff we wouldn't normally see.

I'm surprised they included Etotama. Clearly someone had great taste.

>sailor moon and yu yu hakusho right next to each other

nice

Too many iconic series are missing. Seriously Doraemon not being included is baffling.

death note too

>this thread again
Why? We've already argued whatever needs to be argued in the previous thread.

>nothing from ghibli
>nothing from gainax/khara
>nothing from kodansha

What's the point of making such list if you can't include some obvious choises due to copyrights restriction?

Bit sad how fan made "Anime of 201X" retrospectives are better made than this official-looking montage

>tfw you won't be alive in 2117 and see what anime has become
It hurts, lads.

>Bebop but no Dandy
>No Ping Pong

I don't understand why you people are so butthurt about your favourite anime not being there, read the last thread if you wanna know why some series aren't there, also Kyoani is irrelevant, accept it.

>Uses season 1 from Digimon
>But uses Sun and Moon Ash for Pokemon

Don't be so quick to project. I meant that all they did for this was string (often unrelated) clips together. There isn't a strong sense of cohesion between the scenes from different anime shown. I can't find the video any more, but I remember watching "Anime of [year]" retrospectives where the creator joined together similar scenes, like throwing a baseball, from many different anime of one year so that it formed one continuous action. Stuff like that, and a good matching of action and music, is what I feel this video lacks.

Meant to reply to

Isn't making threads about already discussed material exactly what Sup Forums is about?

But user, Etotama is right there.

wait a second pic related is a fucking anime? excuse me?

Death note has nothing on Doraemon. Get lost.

Yes. He was supposed to be in Tatsunoko vs Capcom, like the Pizza Cats, but licencing issues got in the way apparently.

Reminder that most of the shows y'all going to complain about are very obviously not there because of licencing/permission problems, not because of some tactic to undermine them.

However, not putting anything from Mitsuyo Seo or Kenzo Masaoka is ludicrous

>nothing from Kyoanus
Good riddance

>see testujin 28
>see gegege no kitaro
>see bakabon

holy fuck that brought me back

Pretty good choices aside from the NGE omission and Etotama/Bungo Stray Dogs.

They left out a ton of influential series. Not just NGE. Off the top of my head, it's missing

>doraemon
>urusei yatsura
>sazae-san
>macross
>uchuu senkan yamato

You could argue that those series just weren't all that good (despite being very influential), but NGE is baffling. Even if one doesn't like it, its direction and cinematography are absolutely outstanding by anime standards.

>no haruhi, or Azumanga

this

Well that was fucking terrible.

>not a SINGLE Miyazaki movie

This looks pretty futuristic for it's time

NGE is too weeb even for nips standards.

>11:55
Let's all remember how this video commemorating 100 years of anime, went and put Gilgacuck getting absolutely BTFO by Shirou.

For the next 100 years, this will be the face of anime. Let that sink in for a moment.

>miyazaki and anno will be forgotten
>but we have etotama
I love anime so much.

moe af

Uchuu ace is a pretty decent show, it's mostly your typical episodic 60's anime but it does have some pretty interesting aspects to it.

It also has the hottest 60's villain.

Wow, I learned of a few new stuff.

Anime is as old as my country.

>anime and finland both turn 100 years old within the same year
Simply ebin :DDDD

ouww

happy to see
> Shotaro Ishinomori
> Tezuka
> Tatsuo Yoshida
> makoto shinkai
> Go Nagai

Go choke on a bucket full of dicks.

Immortality will be free in 2040 screencap this.