Arifureta Zero translation

The prequel to Sup Forums's favorite isekai was just licensed. Tell the manga scanlators to get off their asses and work on the main series

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-12-28/j-novel-club-licenses-arifureta-zero-prequel-novel/.125849

Other urls found in this thread:

bookwalker.jp/tag/1851/
r.binb.jp/epm/e1_67129_26122017174925/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The only scanlation group working on Arifureta biamamscans but it's a small translation group hence the slow releases on all their work.

You can actually read it already.

Another blonde loli. Instant pick up.

Just hope she wasn't so annoying in the past already. She is supposedly ~15 in the prequel.
That's Miledi, if you have read Arifureta.

I'm not subscribing for a temporarily available content.

Nor am I, I just meant to say one can read a bit already without an account or anything.

I can't see the point of a prequel to something like Arifureta, it's not a story with a deep and complex and compelling background that invites further worldbuilding like Lord of the Rings or Fate or NGNL, it's just the author's chuuni mental ramblings where the main point is how OP amazing the self insert edgy MC and his harem are, so there doesn't seem any good reason to write a prequel about some other less edgy less self insert characters.

Money. Arifureta is still crazy popular in Japan and it seems like people in the west like it as well for some reason.

calling it

this will be the next Isekai that will be announced

It already had an anime announced, the main series at least.

It's starting in April, no?
Well, if they follow the LN designs it's bound to fail anyway.
Just look at him. It's a total joke and nothing else.

Looks quality already

Even if it is shit, I will read it if blonde girl is good. Is she good?

She's a massive troll, her dungeon in volume 2 consisted mostly of dropping the MC and his harem into Takeshi's Castle traps while mocking them loudly

Hopefully it won't look as bad in motion.

What worries me more is that the director is a literally who. A good director can execute Arifureta well, but a literally who can only barf out whatever nonsense is already on the page.

Yeah she's a dick.

She has a dick?

Her golem form may have

there's a prequel to this bullshit? Wtf is it about?

About the 8 or so people that had to fight the asshole god or something.

Did the MC kicked the asshole god's ass?

In the end, but this is the prequel. They had to set up the magic stuff for people to find in the future.

Turns out all they needed to do was force feed someone monsters from Orcus's dungeon.

Might just be the perspective making it look bad

Hope they use the manga designs to be honest, the dude looks kinda like a girl and Yue looks so much better in the manga.

That key visual is supposed to be an indication of how it's going to look

If they do that said person would be dead, why hajime survives eating monster meat is thanks to magic gem

Magic gem was a product of Orcus's dungeon too. Orcus had made everything they needed.

So the localizing industry are getting greedy now. Not even leaving time for the fan translators to work on things anymore, just abusing the system by instantly licensing things as they come out so they can lock out all the competition and force their subpar overlocalized product on consumers while preventing them from having any choices.

Actually read the book (zero v1) and you'll find out the true origin of the gem...

Our license isn't actually exclusive. Feel free to license it too and compete with us on speed and quality.

So you cheaped out on getting exclusivity knowing that nobody licences narou novels from literally whos like OVERLAP unless they are truly desperate or don't get to play at the big boys' table. Big deal.

We do cheap out on exclusivity because we are confident that no one else would be able to compete with our speed/quality.
If you want to call Arifureta a "narou novel" that no one reads, well... Plenty of readers here on Sup Forums it seems!
And honestly if the only publisher we had deals with was OVERLAP I'd be pretty happy with that. More titles from the coming soon in fact.

Or maybe you're just exploiting unspoken gentleman's agreements that Japanese businessmen aren't cutthroat enough to break?

>cutthroat
Or maybe they're not stupid because splitting a niche market is an idiotic move to make.

>this gets licensed instead Botsuraku Youtei
I know Afureta is popular on the west but damn it I really want to read Botsuraku Youtei on proper translation.

>muh monopoly
While I agree that monopoly is bad for the market, but so far the quality+speed on jnl is great. At very least, the translation isn't so unprofessional that you can make a fun of their localization.
Take an example from VN market, fanTL group that did hatsukoi 1/1 and currently translates Tsujidou actually really has better effort than the "professional" group (SP). They completely TL all the texts and even TL the CGs too, unlike SP who left some of the text untranslated and the CGs untranslated too on leyline. SP also releases unfinished VN (chrono clock) who only done edited 80s %.
Well as long as the translation doesn't drop, the market is still healthy, I think.

Remember when SP were just the fan translators of school days?

>Not even leaving time for the fan translators to work on things anymore, just abusing the system by instantly licensing things as they come out so they can lock out all the competition

Are you implying that is in any possible way worse that whats happening with VNs and Sekai Project alikes doings?

>West
No, it's mainly popular online among SEAmonkeys

Do you have statistic to back it up?

Not really on-topic but here goes.

Does anyone want something from this link apart from the ones in the screenshot because I'm buying these already? Missing 19 yen to use that fucking 500 yen coupon.
Just keep in mind that I can only rip the illustrations since I've no clue how to remove BW's DRM (unless you want screenshots of text itself).

bookwalker.jp/tag/1851/

How mighty has fallen so low.

Ping was asking for kamimemo 9 illustrations I think, is it in that link?

No, sorry. Kamimemo is from Dengeki and is also not on sale currently, and you probably understand, that I won't dish out the full price (610 yen) for a 2 years old book of which I don't even have the first 8 volumes.
The ones in my link are currently on sale and cost 111 yen each.
I'll basically end up buying 19 LNs for ~12 EUR.

Fair enough, that's alright.

>being this salty

GA Bunko's January PV is already up.

Isekai Tennis:
r.binb.jp/epm/e1_67129_26122017174925/

Probably going to end up buying Monument then.

They all sound like meh tbqh also ファング・オブ・アンダードッグ's author is the Ben-To guy right? Should've went with a more light hearted setting.

Fuck it i prefer generic TakayaKi. At least for females. Hajime looks better in later manga chapters.

Really? I find manga Yue superior.

>it's bound to fail anyway.

Of course it's going to fail. All generic isekai do.

>spin-off
>with another male lead

Are those people retarded? Do they not want successful spin-offs like Railgun?

>arifureta
>generic

Railgun is the worst thing that happened to index.

Yeah, it's Ben-To's author. Others in that list include also Chaika's author and Grimgal's author.
And I've seen 白蝶記 (the one on the bottom) being recommended a bunch of times.

I'm just buying them for learning purposes since I started to learn moon recently (I can't really read anything without looking a lot of stuff up yet, though). Also because the majority of them don't have scans yet and are super cheap currently.

WAAAAAAH! THINK OF THE FANTRANSLATORS!

Well, Arifureta is going to be the most popular one to get adapted thus far. If it's executed well it could be big. Nothing we've seen about the anime looks promising, though.