Do you still remember this trainwreck?

Do you still remember this trainwreck?

I don't think I'll ever be able to forget.

I wish I could have the hours I spent on this show back

Why it was a trainwreck?

The show sets itself up to be a quiet thriller about neutrally presented alien technology changing the world and then it turns into a "humanz mustard race" shitfest in the final episodes

Massive case of executive meddling that forced the ending to be a giant asspull because they had to cut down the series from 24 episodes to 12.

good thing I dropped this show halfway through, but I still kinda wonder what happened in the end

Remember when they said at the beginning that this might finally be the breakthrough CG show?

It would have if the writing hadn't been shit.

I was trying to forget.

I still love it despite its ending.

>starts off as an interesting political sci-fi based on mankind getting uplifted
>is pretty cool, shows ramifications of a clueless aylmao and how each bit of tech affects the world/geopolitics
>suddenly, the very pretty aylmao goes full yandere for the mc. some people are ok about this though.
>then, the aylmao is now suddenly evil and wants to kill off 99.99% of humanity and clones and mind rapes the mc and likes save scumming for relationship points
>magical girls
>shounen battles
>the gay alien and coworker who were cucked to death
>super magical girl dues ex machina
>UNDERSTANDING(?)
It was bad. The first nine episodes were fine, and then it was like they fired all the writers and said "fuck this lets end it"

Yeah me too, first episodes was really great.

Best girl won.
That is all that matters to me!

>best girl
That's not Natsume.

It was clear they wrote themselves into the corner.

ZaShunina was way too over-powered for any reasonable conclusion. If he was benevolent, the whole show would be just too much idealistic. If he was malevolent, he could just destroy humans without us being able to do anything.

I think the show was bad with it's basic premise.

No

>you will never pump and dump the goddess of the universe

the most alpha male in all creation

>Summer anime.
>Forgotten by winter.
Ginkgo Biloba. Take it.

He could have been a good villain if the writers had a better grasp of blue-orange morality instead of turning it into shonen shit.

You cannot have villain that can snap his fingers and have whole humanity disappear.

You can if you don't make those the stakes. He could have been benevolent but the stakes would have been something less tangible than a human life, something a bit more philosophical than KILL EM ALL AND MAKE DOLLS

>but the stakes would have been something less tangible than a human life, something a bit more philosophical
What specifically? I don't understand what you mean.

The lazy way to do it would be to pick a philosophical argument that is relevant to the plot which in our society does not have a clear answer.
Then you use him as an imposition to force that choice onto the whole populace, you don't make him pick either side, just make him force the choice.
Then you follow the progression of the consequences from there. You basically turn him into a natural disaster.

Which I should say was what he was doing for most of it, and that made it interesting.

They should have forced a decision that was higher stakes than the previous ones, but still not actively had him take a side.

He had way too much focus during the show for him not to pick side. And there was not enough time to develop any kind of sensible analysis of him affecting humanity.
If it was first three episodes him giving gifts and then fucking off for us to deal with the consequences, then that would make more sense.

>villain that can snap his fingers and have whole humanity disappear.
And the human side has an equal or higher stake at the end of the series. All they have to do is to bargain with him at the equal ground, not outfight reject every possibility.

>And the human side has an equal or higher stake at the end of the series.
What? They don't.

I think that's where you're wrong, the only objectives he should have stuck to would have been
a. Advance human society to boost information production
b. Safeguard humanity's ability to continue creating information

The imperatives would be designed to force advancement, but the end shape of society wouldn't matter to him as long as it met the requirements.
The struggle would then not be to stop a literal god with magical girl jesus, but to live in a way that would best serve humanity's morals while dealing with these selfish and undeniable new realities.
So it's Man v. Nature, not Man v. Man

But there was not enough time to develop any man vs. nature narrative.

And with the gifts given, there would be no problems for human to conquer the universe.

So it becomes awfully boring.

>Daughter

Nah.
By that point, ZaShunina was clearly in antagonist territory and there was no way to convince him rationally to stop messing with humanity.

Not enough time? All of that was already there, they could have just refined it to a point of no return instead of turning it into a super powered love triangle

It was point of no return the moment ZaShunina gave humans infinite power source.

>But there was not enough time to develop any man vs. nature narrative.
With power balanced from both sides they can take their time to gradually infuse.
>And with the gifts given, there would be no problems for human to conquer the universe.
And humanity will drown into chaos because of sudden advancement.
In that case, force him to agree with consequences of his action and the potential benefits behind the deals. The ending we got is a result of mere lazy writing.

Humanity was given a problem, and the only attempt at dealing with it turned out to be a secret gay plot. They never seriously presented more than one way to deal with it. What I'm saying is they had the means to put the focus elsewhere for the majority of the show and they squandered it with their short-sightedness.

>trainwreck
4 U

God, the first 8.5 episodes...I haven't enjoyed any science fiction anime so much in a long time. Utter perfection.

And the ending episodes. What a fucking experience to have the njoyment sucked out of the previous viewing like that. There are so many disappointing anime endings but 'ruined everything enjoyable about the first two thirds' was a weird new low.

Fuck, everyone deserved so much better. I'm getting mad/sad thinking about it even now.

>With power balanced from both sides they can take their time to gradually infuse.
That power was balanced in last 5 minutes. What time are you talking about?

>And humanity will drown into chaos because of sudden advancement.
No. There would be no chaos.

>force him to agree with consequences of his action
But that is what happened in the show. ZS was forced to accept that advancing humanity using his trinkets is not a good idea.

>They never seriously presented more than one way to deal with it.
Of course they did. Don't you remember the comically written "antagonist" faction that tried to get rid of ZS?

>Humanity was given a problem
What problem? Having literal god fuck with us? How do you solve that problem? Even death won't solve it.

>first 8.5 episodes
>Utter perfection.
No. It was clear the show is going to shit itself at around 3rd episode. You are just too retarded to realize that. Giving humans infinite power source is something that has consequences that are way beyond our understanding. Yet, the show took it as trivial matter.

The antagonist faction wasn't a means to deal with the problem given.

The problem given was the complete removal of scarcity with the infinite energy and free manipulation of matter.
How do you structure a society without scarcity? A supremely powerful central government, a society of free thinking individualists, or continue with a social democracy in the face of a government and citizenry each capable of destroying the earth millions of times over?

The only though given to this was the !Google plot that just turned out to be ZaShuina pushing out UNDERSTANDING.

(I'm the last person you repied to). That's not true, there was a lot of conflict and subsequent interesting resolution in those 8.5 episodes and the overarching narrative hinted at being the same kind of thing on a worldwide scale, with humanity ultimately making some kindo f choice and the ending being either "thanks to these choices we are on the path to utopia" or "thanks to these choices humans decided to ultimately remain the same". Instead what we got was that outcome being decided by powered up laser battles and a plot device baby. The entire show could have remained interesting and driven by human decision-making, but no.

>Guys it's written by a famous science fiction author who does great characters, it'll be the best anime of the year
Fuck every one of you faggots that said this.

>The antagonist faction wasn't a means to deal with the problem given.
Probably not. But it was clear the writers weren't trying to "discuss" the issues, as the anti-ZS faction was written as commicaly evil and was dismantled with too much ease.

>How do you structure a society without scarcity?
It was clear that the show was not going to discuss this from few earlier episodes, as no one even mentioned somehting like this when infinite batteries were given out.

> interesting resolution in those 8.5 episodes
No. There was only "ZaShunina knows best" and the anti-ZS group, that was discredited in commicaly trivial manner.

Only one who fully doubted ZS's motives was one of his own kind for the whole show. No of MCs even considered ZS might be evil and prepared contingency plans. Thats what bothered me the most through the show.

I'm not going to argue that it was perfect or great, but I will end my statements by saying it was possible, and it was possible to turn it around to be decent until the last arc.

They had all the right lego bricks to make a beautiful structure and instead they made a lopsided, splotchy penis.

>It was point of no return
We have been on this before, many times. We know that the power sources comes with more good than harm.
>That power was balanced in last 5 minutes. What time are you talking about?
The tech infusion I mean is supposedly occurred at the end of the series, by then it is still not too late yet.
>No. There would be no chaos.
Sure if we know how well the risk of getting the tech exploited by some greedy fuckers and already has counter measurements at the grip.
>But that is what happened in the show. ZS was forced to accept that advancing humanity using his trinkets is not a good idea.
I was saying the negotiation could turn into a much better direction instead of rejecting everything. Why not just going slowly or just accept what is actually beneficial?

>Why not just going slowly or just accept what is actually beneficial?
If the show was like that, then it would be acceptable. But as I said above. None of the MCs doubted ZS's motives and fully allowed him to pace the change. But that was problem from very first episode. Not something that only affects the ending. And it was what I was saying as the show aired.

Just look at how Elon Musk freaks out about non-existent AI. I can't even imagine how freaked out he would be about alien with unknown motives giving us alien technology we have zero understanding off.

The show's main problem was not the shitty ending. But that fact it portrays humanity and humans in power as completely oblivious to any kind of danger posed by something like ZS and his gifts. And this is obvious from very beginning of the show.

So anyone claiming the show was good "for the first 8.5 episodes" is clearly ignorant of that.

Don't forget that the whole ending revolves around the heroine's argument for naturalism which is never explored or challenged in the slightest but simply accepted as unquestionably right.

Everyone's reaction was hillarious the moment this semen demon showed up

We were shown with the human's attempt to understand the alien tech, the gradual attempt to communicate for their advantage, as well as the boundary of accepting it(not everyone got Sansa'd for instance). It's also undeniable that there're some benefits of receiving some of them, such as bring wealth and happiness to those living in poverty, and upgrade humanity's lifestyle as a whole. Those are what make the first 8.5 episodes interesting, in contrast with the "both sides tumbling down" plot at the later part which outright throws the premise out of the window, simply because there's no communication, except the expression of ignorance from both sides.
The main reason zaShu found interest towards humanity is their growing curve, he can be convinced to not ruin what humanity used to be.

>No. It was clear the show is going to shit itself at around 3rd episode. You are just too retarded to realize that. Giving humans infinite power source is something that has consequences that are way beyond our understanding. Yet, the show took it as trivial matter.
I'm glad someone agrees. They treated the power source issues seriously for one episode and then completely neglected them thereafter, and there was zero display of any repercussions for Japan's actions of carelessly showing the entire world how to create infinite energy.

To be fair that argument is challenged by the fact that Shindo used a hero suit made out of alien phlebotinum for his plan. Although it was admittedly just a bluff, it's still a big fuck you to that "defeat aliens with human technology" idea that slut had.
In fact it is proved wrong during her very introduction when she says "fuck it" to waiting for the scientist to crack the alien walls.

Unfortunately. But I'm not pissed anymore, just slightly revolted.

it went to shit the instant he pulled out his giant inter-dimensional sword.

Tsukai is not a slut!

No.
It went to shit when alien started giving out infinite-energy batteries and people were like "cool lets unconditionally trust this completely alien guy and his gifts"

Saraka a shit. A SHIT.

She had random sex with a co-worker without protection.

She's both the worst character of the show and the reason it went to shit. She's basically executive meddling: the character. And a slut who slept with at least half of anything that ever had a reproductive system on earth.

No.
She had sex with her lover for purpose of procreation.

basically this, the whole idea was flawed
anyone complaining about muh tsukai cares more about the shipping than the scifi and conflict

Fuck no. The kid was an accident. And she raped him too since he was unconscious. The vile bitch.

>anyone complaining about muh tsukai cares more about the shipping than the scifi and conflict
Project harder.

meant for

Hetfaggotry won.

How did the kid learn about her role in the universe and her magical superpowers when she was raised by the MC's buddy and not her magical mother?