Why is it that Western animation went in the direction of ugly...

Why is it that Western animation went in the direction of ugly, super-exaggerated repulsion art styles whereas Eastern anime went in the direction of moe, aesthetically pleasing shapes and features?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=29-LRuuqFT0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I would guess the association with literal cartooning, where that's kind of the point.

goofy ugly 3D shit is what most appeals to little kids, which is the target of western animation

Muh free expresion and we should let new artist try different artstyles

>implying he doesn't look cooler than most weeb filth
Lol at the weeb soyboys shitting their pants in fear at the sigh Scottish king.

but this is moe

Westerners are incapable of taking animation seriously, so they just target children instead.

>whereas Eastern anime went in the direction of moe
That's a good thing?

it's not even saturday why are all these teens on right now

I fucking hated that shit as a kid and wouldn't watch most of it. Too repulsive to look at for long, I tolerated it just because it was everywhere. Things like the Lion King were not so bad, newer stuff just became a joke. Pokemon was much nicer to look at. If I'd known anime was a thing I'd have probably been watching it just to escape. I don't know why kids are meant to like it.

Americans are so deeply ugly, that they've forgotten what beauty looks like

Yeah they should've made this Viking a "moe" Viking.
Fucking kill yourself you fat ugly weeb

>Eastern anime
As apposed to western anime?

in regards to op's picture, take it from a scottish bloke that americans get their portrayal of scotland whether it be historical or modern wrong 90% of the time.

hell, in reality we tend to be more like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=29-LRuuqFT0

Cause you need skill to make something pretty. With skill and creativity dead in the west they can only do "funny" caricatures that will hide their shit skill.

yes you tard

>nitpick the thread
you guys are retarded, really. At least western 3D animation looks nice, nothing to do with the CGI abortion we keep getting every season.

French animation is still top-tier.

Yeah you’re right American animation isn’t moe at all

The Scottish were always a repulsive looking people though. This image isnt an exaggeration

You could say the same for the entire British Isles to be fair, especially the Irish. Fuck the Irish.

Why are women here so repulsive

Watch the Gantz CGI movie if you want to see what nip CG looks like with a similar budget.

> show that got cancelled after its first season in favor of 3D garbage

Because the average regurgitated waifu pedobait cgdct that compromises 95% of eastern animation is taking animation seriously

Pretty much with the past year they're been lowering the stardars even more, the most decent CN show right know is fucking anime parody and it dosen't look good, just an acosional joke

epic raid

Don't remind me.
Burgers really have a garbage-tier taste for cancelling this

That looks expensive. Execs hate expensive.

These girls are at the pinnacle of Pixar's attempt at doing aesthetically pleasing style and even then, they can't go a scene without superexaggerating ugly actions and expressions.

You need to watch more anime.

Viking? he's a ginger celt?

They're too smug to be moe. Also the female princess characters of a movie that is directed to little girls will naturally look pretty.

>tumblr filename

If you really have trouble comprehending what little kids like, then you're either a teenager, or an actual autistic person.

Too expensive thats why they don't make action cartoon anymore

The Clone Wars was fucking great though. Basically season 2 onwards was consistently everything the prequels wished it was.

Fuck everything about Rebels though

Well excuse me, not everyone has the entirety of fucking frozen in gif form on their hard drive.

At least their CGI is mostly good when it comes to animation movies.
I mean look at "how to train your dragon", this movie has the best CGI I have ever seen

Kill yourself

Any even then they don't really compare to the extent some anime goes to beautify its characters.

What show are you talking about?

Well don't blame me for enforcing tradition. Can't believe nobody points this shit out anymore.

I don't see any attractive characters here. What was your point and why was it relevant to this thread?

You literal filipino-shit, there's a bunch of superhero cartoons airing right now. Those are per definition action cartoons.

>Wakfu
>Voltron
Netflex and online streaming will bring back the action cartoon in the west because fuck tv companies.

>pixar

>because for the last century western society has moved on to depreciating beauty and positivism and propagating the ugly in pretty all aspects of culture.

So do you never grab images from google to use when you make a point? You've got them all on your 10tb hard drive of Sup Forums reaction images?

The animation is pretty good there

but ayylmao base colors

Because Japanese people are so intent on never pushing boundaries that all anime has to have cute/attractive main characters, and ugly characters or characters that pull ugly faces are the villains. They still follow the archetypes of fucking European fairy tales, in essence

>Scooby Doo has a crossover with KISS
Anime will ever be this metal

Ofc you can't see, unless I put a loli in there to please your pedo taste then you won't be able to see any appealing looking characters

Why should anyone care about good-looking cartoon characters when you can have beautiful real life actors doing all the awesome shit in grand bombastic scenes that was only possible in cartoons decades ago?

They aren't Pixar you moron.

>Can't believe nobody points this shit out anymore
I can, mainly because it's fucking stupid. Why would user have random Frozen gifs on his hard drive? You go to google for that shit, and if google returns a good enough image that happens to be on tumblr (a site google very often returns in google image searches) then you use it because why the fuck not?