Who are your top 3 best written characters in anime? Why?

pic unrelated

Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist
Link from Zelda
Reinhardt from Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Onishi from Texhnolyze. I think he is a great character because his central dilemma is trying to find meaning by trying to reconcile the disparate events of his life, and failing to do so.

I think that's a challenge for a lot of people; it's not easy to impose a coherent narrative on your life, and it's harder to believe that narrative is who you are.

Why do you think they are the best written?

Patrician right here desu.

Yui Hirasawa from K-On
Tomoko Kuroki from Watamote
Hitagi Senjougahara from Bakemonogatari

Why do you think they are the best written characters?

Thanks.

Reddit: The Taste

Why do you think that is the taste Redditors would have?

Reminds me of Guts and Saitama

They are Aryan.

It really doesn't take a lot to impress you, does it?
Also: Fuck off back to Sup Forums

Kenshiro
Akagi
Kazuma

Why do you think they are the best written characters?

I think the best written characters are the ones that have multiple conflicting motivations/values in their life that make sense and manifest themselves in the plot. In no particular ranking: Shinichi from Parasyte; Shinji, Asuka and Misato from Eva; Killua, Pouf, Meruem from HxH.

Pico
CoCo
Chico

Why do I think they are the best written characters?

Why do you think those characters have multiple conflicting motivations/values in their life that make sense?

>Kazuma
He might not be the best ever but he is the best in his genre.

Kenshiro
>Best moralfag of all time
>Manliness
>Doesn't hold back his feelings
>Learns from his mistakes
>His character is simple but sturdy, no plotholes

Akagi
Doesn't reall need explanation

Not even anime but Kurosawa still remains the best written character I've come across all mediums, literally role-model-tier.

>Kazuma
Which one? Don't tell me it's the guy from Konosuba

Thank you, based user, for saving this thread

>Why do I think they are the best written characters?
I know why - because you are 14 years old and think you are being hilarious.

Goku because he's the strongest anime character ever.

Erza because she's hot as hell and always win her fights

Obito, he is a tragic and complex character but most of all he's the coolest guy ever

Shinichi is slowly losing his humanity(emotions, empathy) which are still very important to him.
Shinji both needs to be close with others and doesn't want to hurt them/get hurt.
Asuka both wants to prove she is independent and unaffected by her mother's neglect as well as needs her attention/approval. Misato is very similar, just add the element of duty and carelessness.
Killua has to struggle against his strict and cold assassin upbringing to prove that he can indeed be a good friend to Gon.
Pouf has to choose between an ideal King and Meruem as a individual when both are the same person.
Meruem was hardwired by the evolution to see himself as an ultimate being and ruler, disregarding all the lesser beings, which is incompatible with his human side.

I know why - because you are 14 years old and think you are being hilarious!

t. OP replying to himself

t. user being wrong

He's from there so be has intimate inside information.

Wrong - I'm not OP.

Are...you serious?

Could you say that again?

Why do you think he's not being serious?

This negative attitude is ruining the thread. Please take shitposting to Sup Forums :)

Why do you think he's from Reddit?

>implying he is wrong
newfags gtfo my board

>losing his humanity
What does this phrase even means.

Why do you think pic is unrelated?

Why do you think he's a newfag?

Hold my bear.
Itachi and Lelouche because they are heroes.
Mayuri because toot tuu ruu.
Mustang because he is ambitious, had to endure being a dog of the military and uses fire alchemy.

>...

The aspects of his being that define him as being human.

Bump

He's a memester

Why are you bumping the thread?

>tfw you'll never reach peak autism but still manage to found a family
Endo Kenji
Kaiji
Yang Wenli

Why?

>muh antz
>muh powa

Literally killed his mom for no fucking reason although Ironically she could've made him stronger meaning he wouldn't have lost to Netero

He's a poor man's cell, hell Cell is better written because at least he's an android and doing what he does because it was programmed into him.

Johnny Joestaris one of the best. He has a cool arc, interesting character and a punching ghost. And so is Kira from Part 4.

Edward Elric for sure like this user said

Kaiji is good though he seem to run in circles a lot

Hiro from Inuyasjiki is pretty great. His arc of being a dumb edgy teen who fucks everything up and then have to kill himself because it's his only option

I haven't read Watamote for a while, but it seems like Kurorko's getting a load of development

I also kinda enjoy half of the main characters from Heroaka. They are simple, but quite realistic in many ways.

I'm trying to remember anyone from Urasawa, but I mostly enjoy his stories, though I liked Tenma a lot.

Oh, and Muriem is hilariously bad. He's like a philosophical fanfiction written by a 17 y.o. Every time I hear how great his arc is I can't help but roll my eyes.

You may ask, why the fuck is there Tatsumaki as a post pic? No reason. I just like this lolicake.

Hikaru Shindo
Sakuragi Hanamichi
Yusaku Godai

Because I can feel they grew a lot by the end of their series especially when rereading the early chapters and comparing. Handsome too.

Runner ups are the protags of Parasyte, 7 Seeds and Basara.

>Endo Kenji
Because the theme of his character is abandoning and returning to the great dreams of his youth, despite their risk and uncertainty.
>Kaiji
Despite all the misfortune and betrayal he passes through, he doesn't lose hope in others or in his life.
>Yang Wenli
A great guy that was forced into a position he would justifiably rather not be in, but carries on doing his duty.

>Mayuri because toot tuu ruu.

Sakai Yuuji
Ozaki Toshio
Kenshin

>Nakano Azusa
Her transition from no-fun to compromising with the club is step by step perfection
>Tsumugi Kotobuki
The duality between rich ojou-sama and lack of social skills with the plebians makes her stand out among the rest of fiction
>Yui Hirasawa
Her development from a lazy, good-for-nothing older sister to a hardworking, dependable senpai is unrivaled.

Kirito, Asuna, Yui becuase they are a perfect family

Go back.

hella epic post

Hotaru from sailormoon
Shampoo from ranma
Android 18 from DB

Because they made my 6 years old dick erect