This is fantastic

akeera

d'aaawwww

>Masaaki Yuasa

Is this the low-key aoty?

It is but Sup Forums will shit on it for being "pretentious"

well it's going to beat Legend of the Gaylactic Basketballers
so it's a safe bet

Page source gives a better look at some of the demons/daemons.

Oh shit, DG on board? Nice.
youtube.com/watch?v=PDLW7N2iduE

What did he mean by this?

Hopefully thats not just only filler music for advertisement but also music in the show. Especially towards the end this kind of orchestral music fits the christian imagery.

If anyone here thinks that this is won't be an AOTY and a masterpiece, they are stupid. This a fact. Not an opinion, not a prediction - just a literal fact.

Fuck off.

Why does he look so much like dio fucking brando with a bowlcut.

He is the original blond, slightly flamboyant, pretty boy.

>netflix
ruined

>being mad at facts
Relax.

Peoples still think they have any kind of creative involvement?

I don't even think we should even consider this work as anime.

Yes, they have. Netflix producing this show. There are producers who tell what to do.

if it was directd by Araki, it would bea fact.

Science Saru is producing. Netflix is funding.

>Introducing the work as “a story of love at the finale,” Yuasa was told by Netflix from the beginning not to be worried about ratings due to violence and other content. He also thought “if there’s no violence, I won’t be able to depict what’s fundamental to mankind.” Regarding erotic content in the work Yuasa said “if you’re going to look at women indecently, I decided you have to make things equal and capture men too with the same lewd gaze.”
Saved.

Citation needed. Producing can meant anything from just stacking money and leave the creator work with it, to basically being a co director. The position itself doesn't mean a thing, how a producer does his job is on a case by case basis, and if a murricunt really had full creative influence over an anime you can be damn sure it wouldn't looks like this at all anyway.

>it's not anime!
Oh come on, it's still made by japs fully until you specifically prove otherwise.

Before Crybaby comes out, now you all must read and watch everything Devilman which includes the live action. Have fun.

Sup xpearse

How so?

I'm going to be a shameless secondary on this one, sorry. I watched a lot of Nagai stuff but I never had a good reason to watch Devilman at all honestly

Its in association with Netflix they are not producing it, just exclusive distribution rights. Aniplex and Dynamic planning, go nagais company, are funding the show you fucking idiot.
And even then Netflix Japan acts indepedently from its western HQ.
They can greenlight or buy any series they want without input from the higher ups.

Devilman is pretentious as hell despite being good.

>devilman
>pretentious
It's a as simple as it gets - war is bad. There is nothing pretentious about it.

BOO!

Why didn't anyone ever tell me Mao Dante is even more batshit insane than Devilman?

devilman-crybaby.com/audio/bgm.mp3

>war is bad
That's too simple

It had no ending thats why. The backstory was quite cool with sodom and gomorrha getting invaded by god. It was actually quite the literal interpretation of what happend in the bible.

NeonDevilman is canon

Wait, that was from Neo Devilman? It's been a while since I read it.

Ultimately that is the idea.

Simple or not, that's it, war is bad and people are weak idiots.

>They can greenlight or buy any series they want without input from the higher ups.

Do you have any proof of this? Because this sounds made up.

>war is bad
>not humans are the real demons
Idiot. Did you not understand the story?

Her demon form is two-headed, she's growing the extra head from her boob.

Its the second chapter of Neo Devilman. Though the context in which it happens is probably different.

Are we ever going to have a good Devilman thread that isn't filled with childish insults and shitflinging?

I think it'll be the same. Miko loses her reason for a moment, drown in pleasure, and then the demon fuses with her, thus becoming a Devilman.
>In the another hand, Yuasa read related works like Neo Devilman, and he even watched the liveaction in theaters. twitter.com/masaakiyuasa/status/762329010038648832
>From Neo he comments it was interesting, and that he liked the most the parts done by Hitoshi Iwaaki (岩明均) and Io Kuroda (黒田硫黄). He remarks the erotism of Tatsuya Egawa's (江川達也) part as well.
I just looked it up and that episode is the second one from Neo, and it's Egawa's.

You do realize making posts like these is never helpful, right?

Forgot pic.

You're on the wrong site, you stupid faggot.

I have a feeling Ryo might be gay

This is good compared to the average Dynamic Pro thread on /m/.

Does it mention that is how she got her demon in the original manga?

>dubstep
>Ryo is a hipster
This is getting way too 2010s for me, just give me ARE WA DARE DA DARE DA DARE DA

>ARE WA DARE DA DARE DA DARE DA
I can't wait to listen to the full version.

AAAAKUMA NO CHIIIKARAAAA

>milkie milkie

Yea, I think the reason for her fusion stays the same but in the manga chapters she wasnt thinking about Akira as she didnt know him at the time, which will probably be different in the anime where she is probably thinking about akira. Thats what I meant with context.

soy demon

I dont think it does which is why they created that chapter to fill in the blanks. Just this time she already knows akira beforehand.

>, I decided you have to make things equal and capture men too with the same lewd gaze.”

>ryo
>gay
That cant possibly be true.

Only if it's not popular. The way this goes is that if the show is popular, it's overrated. If it's not watched, it's pretentious shit.

What a crazy headcanon, dude

psycho genie are cute

At least in this version it'd make sense why Miki didn't give a shit when Amon killed Akira and took his identity (TV show and Grimoire)

That's actually the point behind the Devilman manga, though.
Post-WWII Japan; US-occupied Japan. For a time, the US censored material that went against their aims (to pacify Japan), but the anti-war stance you see in Japan is more of an organical thing - some adults who lived through the war raised their kids to abhor war. But you were told that war is bad, and that it has horrible consequences in school.
In the end, the Japanese took this "disciplinary action" and taught it to themselves.
They didn't grow to hate themselves unlike the Germans after WWII.

> Not humans are the real demons

Eh, it's less that and more "Humans and demons can reach the same level of depravity"

Demons were still really fucking bad in the series, even if Satan tried to paint them in a sympathetic light at the end he still admitted that demons were in the wrong for treating humans like the gods treated demons.

>releases on Netflix on Jan 5

will it be on English netflix or will i just have to pirate this off nyaa

>paying for netflix

Don't they usually have options for both languages?

That being said, subs for netflix look like shit, so who knows whether it's actually worth it.

manga.tokyo/news/spring-2018-anime-devilman-crybaby-worldwide-release/
>190 countries all around the world. It will be dubbed in Japanese and 9 other languages, with 25 subtitle languages available

It's that demons represent that other side of humanity. Also, reading Devilman Lady if you haven't helps to understand that better.

>Yuasa was told by Netflix from the beginning not to be worried about ratings due to violence and other content
Berserk netflix anime when? Actually, having a Berserk anime with no ending would be really shitty.

being a secondary is much more fun.

I hope someone rips it off nyaa too because I don't have netflix.

> Demons represent that other side of humanity

Sure, but I mean, demons are still practically worse than humans. Demons are violent and bloodthirsty all the time, even if they have some capacity for emotion and love it pales in comparison to their violent instincts. I think the comparisons between humans/devils are apt to some extent but not completely, since as it is, demons are almost entirely worse/'more evil' in every aspect.

They will, hopefully they'll give it good subs too, netflix subs, last time I saw them, didn't even have black outlines.

Someone leak the openng already, I want the new remix of Devilman no uta

You sure it;s not Man Human by Denki-Groove instead? Pretty sure it is.
twitter.com/hana_mzk/status/946468723262500864

Demons even share similar genetic makeup with humans. There's various things that imply we and the demons are one and the same. The demons just don't hold back.

Then again, God created them first and then us.

I honestly don't know, I just know there is going have a new remix of Devilman no uta, guess we'll have to wait until january 5th or earlier if they actually show us the actual opening, I'm also waiting for the new version of the mazinger theme

> Demons even share similar genetic makeup with humans.

I thought the whole thing was that demons can and do merge with basically any other life form in order to make themselves stronger?

Like I said, I get the comparisons to some extent, humanity does some pretty awful shit in devilman, but again, I don't think it's really comparable FULLY to demons since theyre are 100% fighting and killing 100% of the time, even if they can experience love and such, they're still way worse than humanity in terms of disposition.

>I just know there is going have a new remix of Devilman no uta
Well, everyone know that, and that remix is fucking great.

I couldn't believe for a second that it's not going to be the remixed old devilman OP, it's just too perfect.

>Demons even share similar genetic makeup with humans
Nah, its just that one of their basic powers is merging with literally anything that can make them stronger and if they meet something that is stronger than them and merge with it they will lose themselves

youtube.com/watch?v=g4LjvxtFieE

Thats so damn good, holy shit

New mazinger theme is out and the ed too

Wait what? Is this it? Or are you talking about a full version already being leaked?
youtube.com/watch?v=W2WOgAXtvMU

Uchiyama's tone doesn't fit Akira/Devilman in every single trailer I watched, I hope my opinion changes when the show airs. Murase as Ryo is great though.

Really? I think he fits well enough, whats your problem exactly? Just doesn't suit what you thought the character would sound like or what?

There's a fuller version? Those are good enough to me.

Its both. The old opening will probably get some use too. At least the animation director hinted at such.

I can't pinpoint exactly, but I'm used with seeing Uchiyama being typecasted and the smug, deadpan or sarcastic asshole so Akira/Devilman is sightly different from his usual roles. That being said, my opinion might change when I see the series because in general the guy is a good VA.

He sounds just fine, Not that I can understand anything he is saying. Its the same VA of meruem from hxh so thats pretty cool as I liked that characters dialogue.

Forgot to mention that Akira becomes more smug and asshole-ish as Devilman, so yeah my opinion will probably change.

I can kind of get that typecasting in some sense as devilman, since post demonification, Akira does have that kind of haughty attitude at some points, but when he's yelling in anguish in one of the other trailers it felt very teenager-ish and genuinely sorrowful, so I'm honestly looking forward to it.

Hope you change your mind to it once the show comes out.

Nations that suffered from complete annihilation often are way more resilient to go to war because they know the stakes. America has a very militaristic culture that idealize war because all its wars have been foreign interventions, except for the Civil War and shit was so fucked up that some people are still mad about it

Only if you stop replying to bait posts.

That is why people shit on yuasa fags, you are all pretentious cunts

I was just joking, don't worry. But for me it will be an AOTY if he doesn't fuck it up, which he usually doesn't. Except Kick-heart, that wasn't so good. Not bad, but not great either.

You know, I don't think I've ever read a Nagai manga that was overtly Buddhist. He seems to always have preferred Christian symbolism.
Ken Ishikawa on the other hand was a veritable expert on mikkyo.