What fanbase is more pretentious?

The question mark guy sitting down fanbase

Yeah, fuck these guys. Thinking they're so smart for not taking a side.

Jojofags are literally the bronies of this board.

>The "I only like Sup Forums approved shounenshit" fanbase

What's the difference?

>Sup Forums - Anime Fans & Meta
People who make fanbase threads.

HxH, while JoJo fags are more rabid, people talk about HxH as some sort of Shakespearean masterpiece. Man the series is really well made, but it really isn't saying anything new or interesting. It's just really good, get over yourself, good fights/world/animation doesn't make a show a philosophical heavy weight.

HxH. They like to fuck up threads for any other shounen. I don’t even understand the BnH war they are trying to create. Jojofags just post memes wherever it can be even slightly applicable.

All the above shows are really good either way though

Both are really tame compared to Madoka.

One Piece

You mean childish?

this
I fucking love HxH, but pseuds make a sport out of licking Togashi's dick shiny

Kemono Friends

One Piece

No, that would be the Dragon Ball Super fags, there's always at least 3 DBS threads at any given time and they never contain their autism in those.
JoJobronies at least keep their shit in 1 thread.

>One Piece
>One Punch
>Attack On Titan
>Dragon Ball
>BNHA
>Tokyo Ghoul
^All worse then these two.

the only pretentious fanbase of anime/manga are the ones from USA. Most people in my country are chill.

Nice anime and manga related discussion

Jojo fans at least carry over the sense of fun and strangeness from the show.
HxH fans are all retards that can't even articulate why the show is good (or anything for that matter, HxH seems to attract people who have only just begun to think and are not accustomed to it), making them horrible at the task of defending the show.

Nope, hxh fans are the worst by a large margin, then one piece fans, then jojo

Pretentious? Definitely HxH. Jojo fans are terrible, terrible people, but at least most realize what they like is a dumb thing.

fate fanbase is the worst

The Sup Forums fanbase

HxH

Jojo fans acknowledge that their manga has a fuckton of issues but try to defend it over it's good parts.

/thread

Jojo fans at least don't think they're series is the deepest manga ever

too busy having gay sex for that

>shounenshit
>Sup Forums approved

no

I say HxH for reasons that while the fans can get insufferable, the opposing side are just as fucking grating. The threads then become an absolute cesspit of bickering and shitposting and the series is not even running currently.

At least jojo still has a chapter a month

One punch man fags are literally the equivalent of Rick and morty fans. They think their show is deep and well written eventhough it's just a one joke meme.

What is the point of this thread?

At least the fanbases of those series aren't ashamed of being called shounen

stupid nerd arguments

Jojo fans are annoying, but by no means pretentious. HxH are intensely so.

You're kidding right? One is just memes and the other is fags thinking they're fine connoisseurs of the very deconstruction of manga itself

Nah, it's the madokafags. They avatarfag circlejerk like crazy, have been around for years, are creepy and smelly, invade other threads with their 'tisms and are extremely sensitive to criticism of their hobby.

HxH, they think their precious manga isn't like the other shonens and that only intelligent people can understand it and think Nen is some super complex system when its actually pretty basic and easy to understand. The actual Jojo fans who aren't animeonly fags that give other fans a bad name like to discuss the manga and characters since unlike HxH it actually gets new chapters and doesn't go on hiatus so god damn much. The only thing that happens in HxH threads is Pitouposting or Clownposting since they have nothing to discuss with their series being on hiatus all the time.

>I don’t even understand the BnH war they are trying to create.
That's obviously being created by BnHAfags though. HxH is a very popular, highly praised series and being seen as it's 'competition' makes them seem like they're on a similar level, it's a bit of a reputation boost. HxHfags are more likely to compare it to One Piece.

Actually, I suspect it's just one individual person doing it. A good portion of the responses from either fans are 'why the fuck are you even comparing them?'.

Jojofags mostly accept that their shit is basically just a comic book collection of natgeo articles/musings strung together by punch ghosts drawn by a turboautist

HxH fags think Togashi is the Hideo Kojima of manga

HxH by far. Jojofags acknowledge that their manga isn't perfect.

not even in the same league as Kancolle or idolshit

are people even still talking about that anime?

Hideo Kojima sucks though and everyone knows that he's a hack, especially after the train wreck that was MGSV.

That's not One Piece fags.

I think "O" posting only became a thing because the fans were so excessive with their condescension that any minor slight people can find will be blown way out of proportion.

If they weren't, I imagine the reactions would be mixed but tame seeing how there are a fair amount of fans on both characters. That is if the fanbase weren't filled with excitable preteens.

This is the consequence of the anime attracting so many people to the series. And I also detest the current mindset that you can't simply enjoy a good series and live and let live.

whatever problems OP has HxH has it greater.

Is this a Jojo reference?

What are you a gay fish?

>Newfag detected

been here longer than you shounen kiddy

OP and HxH have pretty much complete opposite flaws and strengths.

my bad accidentally put HxH instead of Jojo

I've lost count of how many times I've seen a hunter fag defend their battle shonen by telling someone they "just don't understand it" as if an orgasm clown or deus ex machin a power ups or revenge arcs are some complex narrative

cont.

And I also think that affects people's expectations of a series. People already miffed at the attacks would be more inclined to finds flaws just to throw it back at them and that drags down their overall enjoyment compared to going in the series blind and coming to conclusions without the need to prove those fags wrong.

Hfags derail threads
JJfags don't
Also only one of those are a battle shonen.

Actually wait what the fuck is JoJo? I don't even think you can call it satire

HxH has it's flaws, but you can't avoid sounding pretentious defending it against the chimps who are seriously arguing that a few asspulls / an occasional bad pacing / hiatus make the show shit or worse than other shonens.

>Hunter is popular
Hunter is in fucking hiatus what are you even on about. I mean fuck Hunter threads became more popular recently because its returning, before then it was nothing by bait threads

Jojo parts 1-6 were battle shonen. Part 7 kind of transplanted that into a seinen mag (though early on it was still in Shonen Jump) but part 8 so far is more of a story and less of jumping from enemy to enemy like the parts before it.

I don't think anyone tries to argue hxh is worse than other shonen, but I have heard countless times people claim Hunter is the best in the industry despite being a fucking battle shonen. Of course people are going to constantly rip on it when that happens

Not him, but shonen in unironically the only decent fiction Japan produces. Everything else is complete shit except for Vagabond, Lone Wolf & Cub and Fukumoto's series. If you want pretentiousness, seinen-onlyfags and Solfags are even worse than HxHtards.

One Piece is Fairy Tail tier

There is tons of great seinen though. Not all of it is edgy pretentious bullshit. Seinen isn't even necessarily any more adult than shonen. It's allowed to be but there's plenty of seinen that wouldn't have a problem running in a shonen magazine. There's some good shojo and josei too. They're just demographics.

Read more manga

HxHfags treat their manga like some obscure treasure only enthusiasts can properly understand when it's literally front page Shounen Jump shit

I mean the asspulls are still pretty bad. At least shit like the super saiyan or naruto's demon chakra get incorporated into the characters fighting style. They are asspulls but then just become part of the tool set.

Shit like Gon-san literally happens once and never again. It saves his ass and never returns. Same with saving Gon afterwards, once and never again.

It's back page now though

It's already established that you can make new powers on the fly, and the more you sacrifice the more powerful they can be. The problem is that there really hasn't been so far anything Gon sacrificed to do that. He lost his powers for a bit but something like what happened you'd think would require something massive and permanent.

There's also like 30 IPs responsible for 400 posts until the thread dies.

These are the types of comments that make that actually encourage those HxHfags to make fun of you. It's a shitshow on both side of the aisle

Except Kurapika did the exact same thing.

Gon-san was not an asspull. Alluka was. Both were unnecessary

Yeah then Alluka the asspull wish machine saved his ass even after that big parade Togashi did about sacrifice.
Plus he did some retarded mini-arc about the wish making system before just going "Bro you're my bro. You get free wishes"

>Both were unnecessary.
Why?

>There is tons of great seinen though.
I know, but my post is about some elitist weebs that think they're "above" shonen or that shonen is reducible to the battle shonen genre, when the average story quality is actually pretty similar in both demographics, with the artistic talent being very lopsided in shonen's favor. Shojo and Josei are statistically less likely to produce good manga than the demographics aimed at males, and there's several reasons for that but that's a discussion for another thread.

>Read more manga
I have, which is why I know you're full of shit.

DBS is currently the worst fanbase because i see them everywhere with their memes.

>Plus he did some retarded mini-arc about the wish making system.

What mini-arc? That's a sub-plot, like Gon and Killua doing auction bidding in Yorkshin.

Read more

>artistic talent being very lopsided in shonen's favor
I don't think this is really the case. Plus most of the big shonen manga are weekly which limits how much time can be spent drawing them even if you're right that the talent is better. Though One Piece for example does have really good art for being weekly. HXH suffers at times, though the scribbles are mostly behind us now, but generally it seems less detailed than One Piece in just normal chapters. When it does get detailed though it gets really detailed.

What makes Hunter so much more pretenious is they defend shit that is just objectively bad shit. Like how bad part of the manga is drawn to the extent that it looks like a kid in middle school created it in MSPaint. Or how pages are cluttered with words because he's too lazy to make multiple pages.

Or they defend shit and add meaning where it doesn't exist. Like Gon being 11 years old. That's because he and the editors wanted it to be like every other fucking battle shonen where the protagonist is relatable to the expected young teenage male audience. But multiple tim3s I've been told by Hunter days it's because it's some bullshit like being essential to Gon's deep and complex character design

How are Super Saiyan or the Kyuubi chakra asspulls? Super Saiyan was foreshadowed since the Saiyan arc and was a central plot point to Namek and Naruto's first page is literally describing the Kyuubi being sealed inside Naruto, and most of his training revolves around using his chakra better.

HxH for the shotafag pedos who spam threads with shitty Gon x Killua fanart.

Oh boy this sure is a productive thread, keep up the good content Sup Forums.

Tokyo Ghoul fandom loves using
>"This is seinen not shounen...."
Yes it is seinen but lets just say they go too retarded with SAYING THAT just because "muh seinen".

For example
>someone criticizes something in series or about author's writing
>"This is seinen not shounen. It is meant to be . It is not battle manga . Go read fucking shounen like

Gon-san was meant to show Gon's extremism and rage. If I were to write the show I would have revealed Kite's death during the healing of Komugi. Gon would want to inflict the same pain of loss to Pitou and all out attack Komugi. Prior to that have Netero explicitly mention that such an action would jeopardize the whole mission (change the necessary setting details). The result - Gon who doesn't care about anything anymore but revenge. No need for a power up.

Why alluka was not needed is quite clear, it completely undid the consequences of the climax of Gon's character arc.

>Like how bad part of the manga is drawn to the extent that it looks like a kid in middle school created it in MSPaint.
It's not a matter of defending the scribbles. The problem is when you treat that as indicative is the manga's art in general which is flat out wrong. Bringing up the same meme pages from 5 years to nearly more than a decade old is petty shit

>Or how pages are cluttered with words because he's too lazy to make multiple pages.
Togashi being wordy is no news to anyone who read Level E. This complaint is confusing.

>But multiple tim3s I've been told by Hunter days it's because it's some bullshit like being essential to Gon's deep and complex character design.
That's the most bizarre claim I ever saw.

Whatever fanbase represents your favorite anime.

In Sup Forums it's hxhfags. In real life, Jojofags.

massive berserk fans are the worst

One Piece had Enies Lobby, that alone at the very least puts it above Fairy Tail.

All Fairy Tail had was some ass and tits. I'll put those above One Piece's though.

I don't know about the fanbases but I think HxH is extremely overrated. If that's what people are claiming is the pinnacle of the genre there's no point in me watching the other shows people rave about.

>I would have revealed Kite's death during the healing of Komugi. Gon would want to inflict the same pain of loss to Pitou and all out attack Komugi.

How in the living fuck would Gon deal with Pitou then? Pitou would rip his asshole inside out and Pitou wouldn't even feel that same pain and loss he felt, considering Pitou told Killua that Komugi was just important to someone who was important to her. If anything Pitou would just feel failure, not the pain of loss.

Pitou's relation to Komugi extend to the supreme Duty, and admiration and friendship.

T. Hxhfag

>If I were to write the show I would have revealed Kite's death during the healing of Komugi.
Kite's death was already revealed to the audience almost immediately after his fight. And by showing the way Pitou "fixes" people, it shows that his sacrifice was already in vain.

>Gon would want to inflict the same pain of loss to Pitou and all out attack Komugi.
Why? Why would he attack Komugi for this effect if he doesn't understand the relationship between her and Pitou in the first place? That seems like pointless melodrama. The time he actually threatened her life, it was a means to an end.

>Prior to that have Netero explicitly mention that such an action would jeopardize the whole mission (change the necessary setting details).
That's not only inconsistent with Netero's character and would not stop Gon from going ahead with it anyway, the plan was already flipped on it's head with the existence of the third party Killua mentioned.

>The result - Gon who doesn't care about anything anymore but revenge. No need for a power up.
Except for when Pitou slits his throat.

>Why alluka was not needed is quite clear, it completely undid the consequences of the climax of Gon's character arc.
Not really.

*not admiration and friendship

Case and point.

First of all I am not a writer with 30 years of experience, who gets paid for it.
Secondly, you missed my fucking point. Gon-san power-up was not the only way to show the audience Gon's mental state at the moment. If my method is flawed/inconsistent just choose any other out of hundreds possible scenarios. Also I specifically said to tweak the setting for whatever alternative to make sense.

Maybe the whole thread bashing HxHfags is right after all...

Neither am I.

All this amounts is you not being a fan of the scene, that has nothing to do with the series. Especially if you are going to resort to "what-if's". That's really on you then.

The JoJo guys are definitely more pretentious in that kind of art-house hipster fashion. 100% assured that their favorite manga is the most avante guard shit around. And hell, they're probably right.

As for the HxH guys, they generally seem more like they just think the series is underappreciated and they need to spread it around. They're a pain in the ass because they need to proselytize in every shonen thread they see.

My verdict is that overall JoJo fans are more pretentious, but they keep that mostly to themselves. Memes and shitposts spreading around has no bearing on that, that happens with any manga if it's good. Hunter x Hunter fans on the other hand aren't just spreading memes, they're looking to argue about it with random anons that don't give a fuck. So they're probably worse.

There's nothing avant-garde about Jojo.

Bruh, the color pallet is inconsistent though! Artistic as fuck!

Dragon ball. Those faggot acts as if dragon ball invented fighting shonen and that everything should be gauged with the DB stick all while shouted things like "muh choreography", "muh paneling", "muh power ups", "muh powerlevels" and etc.

Boku no Piko Academia