Shirou Emiya is still the best MC in Fate

>Sup Forums always trashes him
>Still the most interesting protagonist in the Fate franchise for over a decade

His sexual possible future self is better.

Only nu fate fags dislike him

Inb4 Siegcucks

>Better than self inserts and Sieg
Not that big of an accomplishment

His competition aren't much to speak of, though. You have Hakuno and Guda, who are literally self-inserts to make you feel like you're the one bonding with your favourite servants.
/Zero is a whole cast of characters barely developed or explored.

Sorry that your boring edgy sword self insert was beaten by Sieg

No other fate property is worth even thinking about so as far as I'm concerned he's the only MC in Fate, not the best one.

>Shirou
>edgy

>Siegfags exist

Stop false flagging

He's the best in fate standards, but really shitty in the bottom tier for anime standards

He's the Luke Skywalker of Fate.

>anime standards
Who said we're talking about the anime adaptations?
Read the VN

Illya is super interesting.

he's not even low for anime standards

>Still the most interesting protagonist in the Fate franchise for over a decade
Nah, Illya is the only decent Fate MC

Kiritsugu was for more interesting than Shirou. Can we call him a protagonist though?

In the end, did EMIYA become Shirou once more?

Or is EMIYA still someone so far removed from who he was that he can no longer be called Shirou

>Fate franchise for over a decade
You make it sound like that means something. His only competition is Kiritsugu because everything else in the fate franchise is putrid garbage.

He's a protagonist by default, I suppose. Zero is kind of weird about who it's protagonist is. Waver is definitely the most normal out of the three, because he comes out of the war a stronger, better person.

Kirei embraces his broken twisted nature deciding he can live with the guilt of knowing he's doing the wrong thing if he just enjoys it.

And poor Kiritsugu. Someone who believed so hard in his ideal but refused to draw a line, and it ended up breaking him when it was all for nothing.

Get out loli pedos

>Waver is definitely the most normal out of the three, because he comes out of the war a stronger, better person.
Is war supposed to improve people?

Go back to bed, Twice.

Conflict and pushing one's limits sometimes can.

How is this even a question? He got 2 backstory chapters and the entire climax of the show was about him, of course he's the protagonist.

implying anyone on Sup Forums hates Seigi no Mikata man

I can't hate someone who wasn't wrong for his ideals.

Maybe his life wasn't filled with the correct choices, but he wasn't wrong for pursuing it.

So I finally watched the Prisma movie last night after binging Apocrypha up to the penultimate episode. I have to say this first, but I have never really cared for Shirou in any of the fate series. So, when Sieg came along I found him to be a more enjoyable character after awhile despite his bullshit powers. However, after watching Oath Under Snow, it made me realize how much potential Shirou would have if he wasn’t completely retarded. I really like how they handled his power outside of his install. How he was essentially getting an easy-mode training and learning to use it like he’d been using it for years while being Archer, and once he lost the card he pretty much already knew what to do even if his body couldn’t really keep up. I like that he still ‘lost’ to GilGirl because, again, it’s not like he is a heroic spirit. I always hated how he was able to fight off Archer and Gil in ubw. But the fact that he was just doing his best to hold her off was pretty great. Most of all I like that he finally did something that wasn’t influenced by Kiritsugu. He actively decided against it and chose to save Miyu over anything else. It warmed my heart and it didn’t seem cliché in the least.

I guess what I’m saying is that Sieg was a breath of fresh air, but the way Shirou was handled in Oath Under Snow blew all of apocrypha’s character development out of the water.

Enemy of Justice Shirou is best Shirou.

>it made me realize how much potential Shirou would have if he wasn’t completely retarded.
I immediately fucking hate you and I hate the fact a main character has to be some kind of bullshit love addicted action hero for you to like them. Kill yourself.

I think he is referring to shirou's ideals being stupid, rather than wanting him to be some action addicted idiot.

>I always hated how he was able to fight off Archer and Gil in ubw.
Because you didn't pay attention to how and why he beat them. He never beat Archer physically, just mentally. For Gil, he got lucky.
Basically you like Prisma Shirou more because you don't have enough attention span for F/SN.

Yeah, isn't UBW suppose to be kind of a mediocre Marble Reality, but is a perfect counter for how Gil uses Gate of Babylon?

>I think he is referring to shirou's ideals being stupid
What's that supposed to mean? "I don't like Shirou because I don't want him to live his life trying to save everyone he can"?

>isn't UBW suppose to be kind of a mediocre Marble Reality,
Where did you get that idea? Shirou's reality marble is overpowered as fuck. He can shoot swords infinitely from every direction as long as he wants for as long as the reality marble is up. It's like being dropped into a blender.

I know how Sup Forums feels about Fate/Grand Order, but seeing him smile earnestly is a good feeling. I always use his Second Ascension visual, with his hair down, and whenever he smiles it's like he's de-aged seven years. And he uses 「俺」 more often.

Yes, that exactly.

I thought I read it in the side materials. I guess it made sense to me that in a series of full of people who can make Wicker Men Giants, sword beams that can level mountains, and summoning an entire army, just making a shit ton of blades is kind of mundane in comparison.

Did you even read that post? He isn't love addicted. Also, him being an action hero is something he does in every fate route so that doesn't really apply now does it?

Sup Forums hates him couse he's the literal manifestation of how much Typemoon Powerlevel makes no goddamnt sense.
also he triggers Powerlevelfags in here.

I'd like him more if he weren't such an "egg".

I really don't know what to say to that. I guess you're entitled to your opinion, but I think it's a bit silly.
>Sup Forums hates him couse he's the literal manifestation of how much Typemoon Powerlevel makes no goddamnt sense.
Sounds to me like you're mad that fights don't rely on powerlevels in the type-moon universe.

The next sentence kinda proves you wrong on that one.

The point of the battle is that when your using legendary weapons as glorified missiles the fact your opposing them with a practically similar but step down missile doesn't matter. Your not using it properly regardless. They'll collide and destroy each other.

In direct swordmanship Shirou is superior because that's how he creates those weapons in the first place. He copies their entire history and being the pathetic faker that he is imitates their techniques inherently.

Obviously all of this is jack shit against EA but that's where good fashioned villain pride comes in.

All it did was make him look contradictory. "I hate how the power levels aren't set in stone, also I like how he triggers people who like power levels."
What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

He probably got emotionally invested, and didn't want the main character to waste his life chasing a retarded dream.

Strictly speaking, Unlimited Blade Works isn't that powerful at face value. Swordspam is honestly Gilgamesh's weakest strategy, and Unlimited Blade Works mainly emulates that. It's reasonably effective when he's shooting all the swords at once, but in terms of direct power, it's clearly gonna lose to something like Excalibur.

But the thing is, despite what people tend to believe, Unlimited Blade Works actually isn't Emiya's trump card. His trump card is Broken Phantasm. Emiya's greatest skill is being able to shoot powerful Noble Phantasms as single-use bombs almost endlessly. By altering the original Noble Phantasms to be used as arrows, Emiya can use them in ways that their original owners could have never dreamed. This is how he was able to kill Heracles seven times. The Reality Marble is just a neat trick, but his skill at utilizing his Broken Phantasms is what truly makes him shine.

Beowulf finds the idea of someone copying other people's Noble Phantasms as he pleases to be insulting, but at the same time he can't help but smile and respect Emiya for how skillfully he wields them.

>you don't have enough attention span for F/SN
I know the reasoning and the explaination but i don't like it. I never did believe that he could beat either of them, so Prisma Shirou fits what i want more than the original stuff. I don't deny that i'm being picky in a world that has tons of bullshit in it, but that's just how i feel about it.

>I really don't know what to say to that. I guess you're entitled to your opinion, but I think it's a bit silly.
I don't think wanting to help others is dumb, I think following a road that leads to bitterness and a resentful life is dumb, even dumber if he knows it before hand.

Everyone in Strange Fake was a more interesting character than him. Although I don't fully know if Aaka would qualify as the MC, because ensemble cast.

Also the fact he can just use them like regular as well.

Not really, makes him look like someone that doesn't get hung up over it.

>I never did believe that he could beat either of them
It doesn't matter what you believe. Shirou can, and he did. He stabbed Archer because Archer gave up. He killed Gilgamesh because Gil got cocky and let his guard down. Yes, in a 1 on 1 brawl if Archer and Gil actually wanted to kill Shirou without debate, they would barely leave a bloody mist behind. But that's not what happened, because the narrative isn't about who's strongest.

I mean if Gil felt like it, he could just fly half way around the world and then blow it up with Ea without anyone being able to catch up or stop him.

But that would be boring, and the one thing Gilgamesh can't tolerate is being bored.

>I think following a road that leads to bitterness and a resentful life is dumb,
For a regular human yes, but Shirou and Archer didn't live a life full of bitterness and resentfulness. They died with smiles on their faces.
You seem to have some big misunderstandings.

>a literal copypasting piece of shit who casually absorbs the skills other people had to train lifetimes for

Why do people like Archer again

It's really isn't. Nasu like to turn it down because obviously he didn't liked how Shiki (both of them) are kinda overpowered, so he didn't want Shirou to be broken as well. However..

By concept alone, UBW is fucking retardedly strong. When a show is about having super-weapons and someone can use pretty much any weapon, even if degraded - the vast amount and having a weapon for any situation in theory is just stupid. Look at Gil. UBW is pretty much this, but without end and destroyed weapons can be re-created, even if it's "easy" to break them.. it's broken. Fate/Extella show that Archer can use Gae-Bolg for example there, or Excalibur Galatine, or by the help of the moon-cell using Excalibur itself.

in F/HA, When Archer tried to "win" and decided to snipe, he pretty much won with hrunting. Sniping with Caladbold will kill any servant in FSN, including Herc (which it did, just took one life from the stock)
The reason why Shirou and Archer are not "broken" it's because their low speed and strength, but they both can pretty much replicate a degraded technique like Nine-Lives and go beyond their limits, which is more than enough to kill the average servant.
In terms of tier list, Emiya isn't high tier with his specs, but his skills and arsenal make him a nightmare and a very solid choice. Sure, he isn't Karna/Ozzy or lmao Solomon tier, but he can take down others by using their weakness.
It's just that EMIYA is full of himself with his edge and pride and think he can take down with his two qt swords instead of fighting like Batman.

Because people don't base their admiration of a character based on how strong they are.

How can loli’s be pedos?

He can, but he can never compare to the original wielders. Even with skill-copying, since everything's one rank inferior, he's basically just doing a poor man's version of a master's skills. The best he can be is a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none if he only uses his Reality Marble's benefits as is.

That's why he pursued tactics and techniques that only he can use, ones that no one else could ever emulate. His usage of Kanshou and Bakuya is his own unique style, utilizing an unorthodox dual-wielding style that takes advantage of the sibling blades' strong synergy. His Broken Phantasm trick shot arrows are things unique to him because no one else can copy weapons like he can. Swordspam is nice and all, but in terms of precision and power, he can do so much better.

Even if something is borrowed or fake, it can have genuine merit if used well to enforce your ideals.

I'd take EMIYA over most other servants against Solomon desu. He's smarter than most and might actually come up with something.

Same for Karna and ozzy, EMIYA is a high tier killer unless they're simply martial masters.

>That's why he pursued tactics and techniques that only he can use,
I like how that's reflected in sparks liner high, where Shirou reveals a technique that Archer had been training for a longass time to be able to beat someone like Saber.

>You seem to have some big misunderstandings.
Not misunderstandings, just not a very good memory.
I'm mostly referring as to how his heroic spirit self came to regret it all, letting him know about it, and still Shirou would not change his mind and selflessness.

Can someone once and for all tell me what the fuck Sparks Liner High means?

Pretty sure his UFO(table) is broken and not coming back. Maybe he has another one, but I doubt that. He also can't turn to spirit mode because he got incarnated.

>I'm mostly referring as to how his heroic spirit self came to regret it all,
Oh yeah, I totally blame the world for that. He spent an eternity just killing over and over. He never got to see the smiles of the people he saved, so he eventually forgot why he devoted his life to things like this. He never had his idea reinforced again, so it kinda wore on him. Shirou had to slap the wonder back into him.
Being a counter guardian was a big mistake, but I doubt he regrets what he did while he was alive.

It's the bad end where a JAPANESE HIGHSCHOOLER beats the more powerful grimderp version of KING ARTHUR

It's the ending where EMIYA inserts fireworks into his anus and takes off, high into the sky.

We are on the same page my friend. I never tried to argue about what did or didn't happen in-universe. I know he beat them both, but i think that the way the narrative played out was poopoo caca garbo, you know? And because of that you get my whole 'prisma shirou is grand' rant above.

It's literally the first result in Google.

He'd do a Tao Pai Pai and launch a giant pillar and just ride it around the World.

Cool English words

The reason he "won" was because none of the other Servants really bothered taking him on. He shot warning shots at them, and since they had nothing to gain by challenging him, they left him alone. The only ones who had any reason to challenge him were Shirou and Saber.

Sniping wouldn't work on Lancer thanks to his Protection from Arrows skill. If push comes to shove, Rider can probably power through with Bellerophon. Also, Shirou muses that Saber might be able to do something about Archer on her own, but since she had to protect him, he dragged her down. And if she really held nothing back, she could destroy him with Excalibur.

It's not an absolutely assured thing, though. Saber's Instinct and Agility (fine motor skills) are inferior while Alter'd. There's no guarantee that Crane Wing would beat Saber under normal circumstances. Push comes to shove, she could just use Invisible Air to create a barrier for a few seconds.

No, I mean literally what is the title refering to in that fight, I know what it is.

I mean, is just Engrish cause it sounds cool? The title itself is what I want to know what the hell it refers to during the fight against Saber Alter.

>It's not an absolutely assured thing, though.
Yeah, using his swords like boomerangs counts on his opponent not figuring out what he's going to do. It's a 'only one shot' kinda thing.

Remember when Dragon Ball used to be good. The 80s were a nice time.

But that's wrong.
Tell me how the average Servant is going to survive a technique like Nine lives, even if degraded into NLBW, it's still fucking 8 slashes + stab, each one is A rank and each one is more than capable to take a Herc life from his stock.
Tell me which average Servant is going to survive thrown or stinger Gae Bolg. even if degraded, the concept is the same (which is why Rho-Aias is just a very, very good shield)

Plot armor and shit aside, EMIYA can go full jack of all stats and be very, very effective by having huge moveset.

Could Gilgamesh kill someone with his tongue?

Supersaiyan was the begin of the decline for me. It's when Dragonball truly stopped being about techniques and actual fighting and devolved into "this form makes me stronger so I win".

>do a Tao Pai Pai
I'm adding this to my vocabulary, thank you.

>underestimating the power of japanese highschoolers

>Tell me which average Servant is going to survive thrown or stinger Gae Bolg
Do we even know if he can use that outside of mooncell? Archer didn't exactly go all out in the 5th grail war in any route. He always had ulterior motives.

>the most interesting protagonist in the Fate franchise for over a decade
It's not like there's a ton of competition.

Reminder Shirou is way weaker than Archer. Than Saber Alter is to normal Saber .

To be fair, I don't think he is "retarded" because he wants to dedicate his life to helping people. I think he is a little retard for pursuing anything other than a life with Rin.

He was also turning into swords inside and out, but he managed to get up to Servant speed thanks to Archer grafting his arm onto Shirou's body.

Me no speaky Chinesey is what it is.

>I think he is a little retard for pursuing anything other than a life with Rin.
Shirou's like buddha. The normal human can never comprehend a life like him, because women are so low on his priorities it's absurd.

That's when a lot of people decided that dragonball was cool

Your affection towards him touches my heart. I like you user.

It's not difficult to be the best MC when you're literally the only MC in the series.
Fate/zero had no specific MC, you can't count Kiritsugu as one.
All 3 routes of Fate/stay night feature Shiro as the MC, duh.

I admit, I'm a fanboy.

Emiya can't use Gae Bolg outside of the Moon Cell, as it's a god-forged weapon. Also, despite what animu might tell you, most "techniques" are actually situational and require a variety of factors to pull off. You don't just go "SUPER FLIPPY MEGATON KICK HAAA" and defeat the opponent with a grand finishing move. Techniques are used when it's advantageous to do so. Timing, distance, situation, environment, all of these are factors. You only use certain techniques in certain situations. Even Kojiro, for instance, can't just throw out Tsubame Gaeshi whenever he wants to.

Emiya is objectively an inferior melee fighter compared to the majority of combat-oriented Servants. He's generally gonna be in the defensive most of the time, and it's gonna be difficult to force an opponent into a position where it's ideal to pull off a specific technique. And if he fucks up, then he's basically clued the opponent into what he can do. And if you think someone like Saber or Lancer would fall for a half-assed Nine Lives, then you're overestimating Emiya.

OINK OINK OINK, GO HOME PIGGIE.

>Shirou
>Losing to anyone
Shirou is like Goku or Superman, unlimited (pun intended) potential that has no peak and keeps getting stronger.

>Even Kojiro, for instance, can't just throw out Tsubame Gaeshi whenever he wants to.
I wanna help by saying he only tended to use this technique when he was on even ground with Saber. If he was a step higher or lower, it wouldn't work since there's an angle involved.

Except Shirou gets his ass kicked quite handily a number of times and has to be saved a lot.

are you ok? do you need help?