Magical Girl Thead

So Sup Forums is everything that could possibly be done, done?
Or are there still ways to advance the genre?

What do you think about the following Idea?:

Another Magical Girl Deconstruction: "Magical Girl Protocol"

A depressed girl(mc) without friends, transfers to a new school after she got bullied at her old school. She meets a cute and friendly girl, who invites her to go play with her after school out of the blue. When they go out, they get separated after some time, and the mc is attacked by monsters all of a sudden. The the other girl saves her, she is a magical girl (with the color-coding the mc normally has) and has a suspiciously looking mascot with her. She tells her how much she loves saving people and asks the mc to also become a magical girl. She accepts and becomes a dark themed magical girl.

They fight the monsters and help some people for some time, and after they kill their first monster with a large explosion, it shatters like a mirror, and a mishandled corpse of a girl in red clothes their age drops to the ground. It turns out the injuries she had were all from the fight. They don't know why she was a monster and try to get answers from the mascot. After the mascot can't answer, the mc, suspects, that he is behind all of this and stabs him with a knife when they are alone at her house. He also shatters like a mirror and reveals a girl in green clothes with a knife sticking out of he chest and empty looking eyes. She falls to the ground and starts spitting blood. The mc helplessly cries "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry", with her dying breath the girl says: "Information classified", and dies.
1/4

Ringing for composure the mc gets up and runs to her friend's house, leaving the corpse in her room. As she arrives, she realizes, that the house is no longer there. Without any Idea what to do, she gets back home. Luckily her parents don't care about her, so they didn't look in her room, and don't check on her when she walks by. She goes to her room where the corpse is, and in the dead girl's mouth sticks a paper. It says: "we got your friend, come to the clock tower in the city, alone." She goes there (it is established how much the mc cares for her because there is a large part where they do good things and have a happy time together) to get her only friend back.

Then she arrives there, reality shatters like a mirror and reveals her to be in a dark lab. She fights some monsters there who reveal themselves to be a yellow and a blue girl after dying, but she no longer cares. She wants her friend back. Going further inside, she runs into her friend, standing there, visibly shocked.

Seeing the mc run towards her with happy eyes, she backs off.
2/4

"I can't go back with you"
"I always knew this was supposed to happen, but I don't want it anymore"

She pushes the mc back.

"What are you saying?"
"I came to get you back, you are my only friend"

"You don't understand. I can't."

"Whatever it is, I will understand it, you had a troubled past didn't you? You probably even knew that our enemies were also girls like us. But I don't care. You were always trying the hardest. You can't be a bad girl."

"Please leave now, before it is too late, I won't be able to control myself any longer."

"Then don't. I don't care, I love you!"

The mc embraces her friend. She shatters. Revealing a large, ugly, middle-aged man in strange clothing.

"What did you do to my friend?"

"I am , but my real name is "

"No, that's a lie! Where is she?"

"You see, this was always planned like this."
"You are the final piece after all, but in the end, I really started liking you. And thought that maybe I would let you live out your days, and get a different subject, but this opportunity is too good."

Not understanding anything, the mc just breaks down crying and falls to the ground.

"Where is she?!?"

The middle-aged man continues his story.
3/4

"A few years back, I had everything, money, power, everything. But somehow a thought appeared in my head: "I wanted to be a magical girl." This Identity entangled me. And the more I thought about it, the more it really seemed like I could actually be one. But I wasn't. Even if I managed to get some people to accept me the way I felt, I would still never be real. And so I made a plan, how I would actually real.

The appearance was easy. Holographic technology is well developed in my Dimension. But then I needed Data to Index. And so I needed 5:

A yellow magical girl, to teach me justice.
A green magical girl to show me kindness.
A red magical girl to show my fury.
A blue magical girl to lose herself in desire.
And a black magical girl to love me.

Now I have all I need the protocol is complete, and I can insert the final Core to be a real magical girl."

He snaps with his finger, the mc's magic dress transforms into a rope, that renders her immobile. The guy approaches her, as she is lying on the ground and crying helplessly. He takes out a syringe and injects something into the girl's neck. She begins suffering etc. etc. And then spits out a black stone. Her eyes turn pale.

The guy inserts the stone into a strange device and transforms back into the pink magical girl.

As she now knows love, she breaks down and cries over her now soulless friend.
"I can't bear to see you like this", she says. And shoots her with a gun.

A girl without friends, transfers to a new school.
4/4

Do you like it?

Did you make this thread solely to dump your fanfic here, OP?

it's not a fucking fanfic, goddamnit.
But no, I want you to dump your ideas for the genre here, too.
I just started with mine.

More parodies

Back to fanfiction.net, retard.

Definition of "fanfiction":
Fanfiction is when someone takes either the story or characters (or both) of a certain piece of work, whether it be a novel, tv show, movie, etc, and create their own story based on it.

It's not fanfiction when everything is original.

There are already some parodies:

Dai Mahou Touge
Fate/Kaleid

But the genre could surely use more of them

Same magical girl genre trappings, new settings.

Magical girls adventuring in plague-stricken medieval Europe. Magical girls in space, operating out of their own cool spaceship (or just blatantly rip off TtS and make an anime of it). Magical girl isekai where the ordinary middleschooler who gets trucked into Grimdarkia is secretly actually MagicalPrettyMomoka-chan who just got finished helping her cute animal companions save Sparkleland by collecting the 52 Glitterstones.

The important thing is that they're still magical girls, not mages or magic-users or whatever who happen to be female. You need to maintain the genre trappings, and you need to keep the girls' powers feeling idiosyncratic and, well, magical - something special and exciting and secret. You could do medieval magical girls, but you couldn't do high fantasy medieval magical girls, because then it wouldn't be a strange magical adventure bestowed on a handful of (un)lucky girls, just a few unusually young wizards. You can play around with a more or less cynical worldview or a more or less real/idealistic interpretation of how people would react to magic in the real world, but that separation from and responsibility to the rest of the world as a result of their powers is fundamental to the genre, I believe.

What you are describing is called: "recycled in space"
You could just put anything in space, and it would work the same way as on earth with a few tweaks.

That would certainly be interesting, but I'm more talking about innovations to the very core of the genre Identity.
The genre was very stale, until Madoka.
Then Magical Girl Rasing Project (failed to) evolve the genre further.
Right now Yuuki Yuuna is our best bet at true innovation.
And the best part about Yuuki Yuuna is, that Magical Girl Shows barely have a meta now, so it's almost impossible to predict how it will end.

I tried writing a deconstruction of a deconstruction for the now deconstructed state of the genre, but I'm not sure if it turned out to be too edgy.

>The genre was very stale, until Madoka.
Oh, it's one of those. This thread is completely worthless then.

Go away, TV Tropes.

Oh, it wasn't then.
Don't you realize, that even purely Idealistic Magical Girl Shows benefit from the fact that the Meta has been eradicated?
You no longer go into the show, certain that the good guys will win, a twist might come at every turn.

Why do you think from that post that I have something to do with TVTropes?
You probably belong there more then me, if you are so paranoid about it.

Go away, TV Tropes.

Kill yourself then, faggot.

Yea
Just draw a girl
Call it a boy
Magical traps

At this point they can only really do things that would make it not even really magical girl anymore.

I just want well done shows. I'd like another real magical girl idol singer like Creamy Mami. I'd like a serious magical girl action/adventure show like Nanoha but less fanservice. And I want more classic shows like CCS, luckily that sequel is coming but I half expect that to turn out poorly.

Fuck that shit.

Yea, I do not really mind fanservice, even fate/kaleid level, as long as it does not ruin the show.
I think that you could not really get invested in the characters in magical girl raising project because it got too dark, and at some point, you could expect that they would all die.

been done already.

Everything that's a good idea had been done. The only original ideas come from people like OP who write overly long and specific shitty fanfics.

This is far too edgy. But I really didn't expect that to happen.

Especially when you knew that a girl getting focused on was about to die. The only interesting character in that show was Swim Swim, there were likable characters but not interesting.

More edge obviously.

I just want to know, if it's good (too much edge?)... If I got a positive reaction here, I would consider making the whole thing into a light novel.
But no one is taking the time to read it...

death to teens

>The fact that a character is going to die means that you can't feel sympathetic for them - even more-so being aware of their impending-doom.

Absolutely this.
Even with swim swim, it was clear that she wouldn't make it till the end.