What was the point of this character?

What was the point of this character?

Naruto is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and DARKNESS. The normal user can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the jutsus, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole ninja faggotry and everything about the Naruto world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on revenge, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Naruto is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to Sup Forums, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every user to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Naruto threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.

To make fujos and homos wet and for sub loser tier emos to identify with him.
That's about it

he started as a good rival and supporting character. once the story started focusing on him it was impossible to write him well without being in competition with naruto so he descended into darkness and edge. he could have been still a good character if certain things were handled differently

This. The maincharacter being the biggest fujo/homo of the show making it really easy to self-insert and watch their budding rivalry unfold with the ever-so-slight homo-erotic undertones to keep you glued to the screen every week.

What is the point of your character, user?

It's not even that, Sasuke just had extremely.. and I mean extremely little impact in the story compared to how much panel time kishimoto gave him.

Good contrast from the happy go lucky almost clinically retard main character.

He's a great character

Makes sense desu. The biggest naruto fans I ever knew were all fujoshis who went crazy over Sasuke.

You should really stop talking to girls though. They're not fan of anything. They just attach themselves to pop culture to get your attention

Pure edge.

Almost the entire manga is Nardo chasing after him and he is his main motivator. It’s ok if you don’t like him but people here act like they never read the manga just to shit on Sakura or Sasuke. You all must self insert in Nardo so hard to the point of worshiping a watermelon purple haired cow tits and hating on anyone who is better looking than you.

Being this jealous that woman prefer to bang Sasuke rather than you.

He was the kickstarter for many edgy angst teenage rivals appearing in recent anime.

Continuing with the trend that vegeta started, he's just one of many bad boy edgemasters that fujos simply loves and tehrefore gives the creators all those fujo moneys

If you wanna blame someone blame itachi. Killed his whole clan inclueing old people that didn't know, people that didn't want to take a part in the rebellion and innocent children.
Then he made his brother watch their parents die 500.000 times.
No wonder sasuke became such a psychopath asshole with such a shotty brother.

The point of Sasuke is to make money. Kishimoto's editor noticed rival characters are popular among the target demographic and suggested to include him.

To cuck naruto.

Is there a battle shonen that doesn't have a brooding and/or edgy "cool" rival? Why can't the rival just be a regular, nice but competitive guy?

Only watched a couple episodes but the rival from Black Clover didn't seem edgy whatsoever, but then you'd have to deal with the whole watching BC thing, which I don't recommend

Itachi literally saved the leaf village and Sasuke's life you retard

read

He's the whole reason sasuke has become a complete psycopath and he would have suffered less if he was killed you autistic faggot.

>blaming the best character in the series for Sasuke's faggotry
whatever helps you sleep at night user

Yeah he's the reason he turned into a douche and you have no arguments to tell otherwise you itachi fantard. Honestly makes me sick how everyone is all sucking on itachi's dick but shittalking sasuke when he's the one responsible.

or he could've, y'know, let go of his resentment and anger like Naruto and Gaara (who both had equally, if not worse pasts) and been a good person instead of an emo edgelord avenger

Cool sword and lightning powers

Edge
Also this, my fujo nee-sans are fans of Naruto

Same reason most antagonists aren't regular nice people: there's a risk no one would care to see them being surmounted. Giving the rival negative traits guarantees the protagonist and audience to feel strongly toward them. Protagonists in turn are typically written to be sympathized with so they are more positive. And characters usually act as foils so a dynamic is created.

To be a bad ass mother fucker and the foil to naruto

fujos and edgy highschool anime club fags

it's good pre-timeskip

That would be boring

Who knows? Hes just an emo beta fag who blames the world for all of his problems similar to a certain icy hot bastard. He is a prime example of why we need more characters like Katsuki Bakugou. Look at this fucking chad. He's got the eyes of a winner! No time for bitching or crybaby beta bullshit. He only cares about taking charge and being loud. I hope I can be as cool as him some day.

It might be considered bad and have major problems, but it's still fun to watch. That's all that matters.

Even Itachi admits he made a mistake by purposely antagonizing Sasuke. He let his guilt and self-loathing overpower reason.
>just let go of your feelings about your own brother murdering your entire family
Very easy to say and equally condescending. I didn't like Sasuke, but he was justified in his anger and resentment. Same like Kurapika, who I do like. The difference is that Sasuke was a complete dickheaded tool about it so I didn't care. The thing is Itachi is the one who intentionally fostered that anger and resentment in the first place, which makes it stupid to praise him while shitting on Sasuke. He had good intentions and didn't mean for Sasuke for turn out like that, but at the same time, what the fuck did he expect? The chances of Sasuke becoming a hateful, power obsessed shiteater were just as great as him becoming a happy, respectable member of the village; hell, probably greater with Itachi taunting and goading Sasuke into channeling his hatred and turning it into power, enough power to fulfill Itachi's wish to be punished by one of his own. Unsurprisingly giving Sasuke this life purpose resulted in a monster.

Itachi may be tragic but if the intention was to make him more sympathetic like so many other villains in this series, he failed. Like he did with so many others.

>Naruto was ignored/mildly bullied by his village.
>Gaara believed his parents hated him and wanted him dead.
>Sasuke was Genjutsu'ed into watching his beloved brother massacre his clan multiple times.

Shit, why can't all these PTSD veterans just cheer up and be nice people? Seriously, kys rn.

>muh uchiha mental illness
>harem of uchiha apologists
>yeah...sorry.

Well for mentally ill, you can't deny they're hot
>some hotter than others
>Sasuke is not included

Sasuke turned out to be the main character all along, if not a narrator of the entire story.
Everytime he showed up, he drove the plot with his craziness. Remember "Muh KAKUMEI?"
Though, most posts here are right.

Hmph, I don't need to tell YOU

To advertise for Final Fantasy XV

Biscuit Hammer. Technically not a shonen but still.