>post one fucking page

Which series?

keijo??

AY DIO, WHAT'S GOOD?

Spot the newfag.

It's awwwight

what's this from?

>tfw you didnt grow up with manga so you dont know any iconic manga panels

Could also take pic related, or the reaction to it.

Only like 20 chapters for scanlation too. Fuck.

Is this Dr. Stone?

kokoro da

I think when he confessed to what he did was the defining moment of the manga. Having the girl he liked become unattainable just sent him further down an unhealthy road he was already walking along.

just post a panel from when Guts and friends get on the boat. It will define several years of most anons lives

>Leave Tsukasa to me!

HELL HEAH BOY

>anything from Boko Haram Academia
>iconic
Looks like a lot of people are missing the point of this thread.

A good number of the shots from Gantz are iconic.
This and DINOSAUR PUNCH.

I had picked it up right before the magazine got killed. Such an odd way for a series to die.

Wish they had moved it to another magazine or that it had gotten picked up by another publication (if that was allowed)

I missed the whole Keijo thing, but isn't it basically ass sumo?
Wouldn't this sport favor the fattest people?
Was this ever addressed?

Is Sup Forums manly enough to remember this one?

another one

>there's like three examples of truly iconic panels in the whole thread, and user's here is one of them
>newfags keep posting panels from series that are a fad/they happen to like
Let me post another valid example.

>bhna
>iconic

To be fair half the shit in the thread isn't iconic.
I think people think "iconic" means "cool page spread I like"

No because it favors who has the more OP superpower.

Seriously.

This shit is so fucking cringy. I'll never understand how people stomach One Piece, it's like the definition of being written with 12 year old kids in mind.
People who's opinion I generally respect even like this shit. I guess it's like Dragon Ball where you'll only like it if you got into it as a kid.

>cringy
>12 year old
Is it possible for someone to project harder than this?

I got into DB as an adult and I thoroughly enjoyed despite having read close to a thousand different manga by now, thanks in no small part to its fantastic art ans dynamic presentation of action. I haven't read much OP, but if someone can get a similar experience out of that, then good for them. Not everything has to be some pseudo-philosophical thesis about the human condition, you pretentious twat.

I don't think it does, but it TRIES to be, which is my issue.
One Piece is a shounen, it's literally made for 10-15 year old boys. I'm just saying it's very obvious in who it's being made for

>Wouldn't this sport favor the fattest people?
Imho, fat = lower mobility, lower ability to chase people around and score points (normally, 6 players play at a time during 5 minutes), plus, they might have advantageous or disadvantageous matchups due to the infighter/outfighter/counter playstyles (or specialties) of the players. They could be either infighters (close-range attackers) who have some physical advantage against outfighters (who are normally lighter/faster) and disadvantage against counters (who can counter infighter attacks more easily than outfighters', probably due to the greater mobility and attack speed of the latter), or counters.
Also, there are other ways to win against physically stronger opponents such as the Ero rule (where if a player has over 80% of their swimsuit destroyed, they lose), or ways to disable them (for example, Usagi can sneak and asphyxiate players; Kawai can hit weak points in their bodies such as the chin, solar plexus, heart, etc; Fuyuyu can shock them on contact).
It was also mentioned that players can form alliances (improvised or not) against seemingly stronger players (it could apply disadvantageous matchups as well) or players from different regions too.
>Was this ever addressed?
I don't think so, at best (as far as I remember), the MC was questioned about it by her male childhood friend, who believed that she wouldn't be able to overcome a physical disadvantage, and thus tried to convince her to give up on the idea of becoming a player, in the first chapter.

This needs to happen to that vagrant Hild ASAP. I don't even know what that bitch's purpose even is, other than burdening Thorfin with bullshit he already self-deprecates about all the time anyway. Seriously, what an awful character.

To be honest, I didnt expect him to confess until last moment, so May count as iconic too imo

bleach nigga

My man

Yeah, look at all the cringy 12 y/o, god why aren't they as mature as us, amiright?

I mean millions of 40-50 year old women like Twilight, I don't think anyone is going to pretend like it's a well written or mature novel.

I even mentioned in my original post that there are people who's opinions I respect who like One Piece, so I'm not trying to shit on all OP fans, you don't have to get defensive.

But on that note you're clearly underage yourself if you don't have the critical thinking skills to understand my point or to realize I'm correct even if you personally like One Piece.

I mean I like shit like Guilty Crown but I know it's still shit.

You are saying that one piece is trying to be something it is not, you probably haven't even read the fucking series to understand what it is about yet here you are acting all high and mighty as if you were above it but you know, I am sure that one piece got its global popularity by being a cringy shonen trying to be "pseudo-philosophical thesis about the human condition"
You are a pretentious retard and that is why you deserve nothing more than mockery.

>don't think it does, but it TRIES to be, which is my issue.
I would have to read more of it to see if this is just your impression, rather than what the story is actually aiming for. But let's say you're right, that's still not an indictment against it, it's just your personal pet-peeve, which to other people it may or may not be overshadowed by its strong points.

>One Piece is a shounen, it's literally made for 10-15 year old boys. I'm just saying it's very obvious in who it's being made for
This is a terrible argument against any fictional narrative. There's a plethora of timeless literary classics that were meant for children, but they can be wholeheartedly enjoyed by people of all ages as long as they're well executed. Stories like Slam Dunk, Ashita no Joe and Ginga Nagare Boshi were written primarily for children and young teens like you said, and they're brilliant in many ways. This is just your prejudice speaking rather than a fault of those stories themselves.

Exactly, it's like mocking something like pinochio or snow white, not saying one piece is at the same level as those but it would be the same retarded argument.

>You are saying that one piece is trying to be something it is not, you probably haven't even read the fucking series to understand what it is about

I actually read into the Water 7 arc because I was promised that's when the real quality began to shine through. That's what? Chapter 400ish? I gave the series an insane amount of chances because like I said, people who I generally respect liked it.

> I am sure that one piece got its global popularity by being a cringy shonen trying to be "pseudo-philosophical thesis about the human condition"

Uh yeah, I mean that's how it tends to go, popularity has no barring on the quality of something, for better or for worse. But generally popular things are popular because they're easy to digest and made to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

>You are a pretentious retard and that is why you deserve nothing more than mockery.
Not even, otherwise I wouldn't like shit like Dragon Ball hell I even like Super as bad as it is

You've only reinforced my point, series aimed at children can appeal to all ages, but One Piece is something that is very obnoxious in the fact it's for kids. It shoves out very basic ideas and philosophies that it's fanbase tries to trout out as being deep or thought provoking. I remember someone tried to tell me One Piece is great because it's "one of the few pieces of media that portrays morality as subjective to each person"
Like haha, how ignorant do you have to be to think that's a rarely touched upon concept in media?

and just for the record, I checked and I read exactly 396 chapters of One Piece.

>no washizu

No such thing as too much Washizu.

Super Duper Sumos

FUCK

>theansweris.png