First K-On thread of 2018

How well does it still hold up nearly 9 years later?

I-it's been n-nine years?!

>great production values with incredible attention to detail
>brilliant visual direction to make the characters feel genuine and alive
>writing that massively improved on the skeletal source material
>my wife Mugi

It's OK but always was just OK to me. I always liked Lucky Star much more than it between the two both back then and today.

still the best

>9 years
no, I refuse

I didn't find about about K-ON until this year.

K-ON! has aged like a fine wine. As more anime are introduced, it only becomes more impressive how this show remains the best one of them all.

11 years if you go by the manga's first print.

You're a gigantic newfag, but better late than never. Welcome to the club.

Based Satania.

holy SHIT quads of truth

I honestly think much more highly of K-ON now than I did back when I watched it (2009 holy shit), when I thought it was just sorta alright. I still feel like season 2 was a bit stretched out, but that's my only complaint.

On the contrary, Season 1 (which was more faithful to the manga, which is usually a god thing but here is a bad thing) moves too quickly. Season 2's pacing is absolutely perfect as long as you stick to two episodes a night instead of binging it.

Still living in 2017 here. Tell me, anons in 2018, is it still the greatest anime ever made? Is Ritsu still the cutest girl to ever exist?

I believe it is safe to say that this series has aged like milk, and new generations will find difficulty in associating with it's themes and ideas.

Yes and no, but close

>is it still the greatest anime ever made?
Yes

>Is Ritsu still the cutest girl to ever exist?
Why is that even a question?

Why is she so shiny?

Sweat

I never rewatched it. I wouldn't be able to hold it.

Maybe I should try this year.

Quads speak the truth,
Nice try

Will Sup Forums go out to watch the first sunrise of the year?

I'm getting on a plane at 5am so I actually will this year

Sugoi! Where are you going?

Back to college
I wish I could sit around and watch anime forever

We haven't had enough of these threads in 2018.

Actually better than when released

This may sound like an exaggeration, and I don't care if anyone feels it is, but I can sincerely say that I believe K-On! is the best thing that ever happened to me in my entire life. I can't even truly put into words how much I love every aspect of this anime

That's actually a severe understatement.

This is as good as it gets, user

drawn by a person that has never played guitar. Nobody fucking plays power chords with their pinky on the 5th string and the last thing she does isnt even a thing and looks weird. She twists her wrist so much you can see the palm of her hand and it looks like she has her thumb on the thinnest string.

it'll only get worse from here, user.
Don't worry boy, when you get a job like me, you'll miss every summer/winter/spring break

>akshually

When I phrase the chords she's playing in the first few frames, I generally leave out the fourth string and use my index and middle, but if you had small hands, I could see reaching with the pinky. While not optimal, it's possible

The last chord looks like an E minor, but she's pushing off the neck with her thumb and pressing with her mid-finger(?) Then again, she does appear to fret the low-E as well. Maybe this is how smol Japanese girls learn to play guitar.

Being a jazz aficionado, it's very possible Azunyan uses alternate tunings.

firstly those aren't power chords those are major, secondly fuck you buddy I use my pinky on the fifth string like that all the time, thirdly I have no idea what the fuck shes doing in the last part I don't think hands can even do that

>ASS COFFEE

Truth

Anyone who thinks otherwise see pic

Watched it for the first time last year and rewatched it recently and I can say with certainty it's one of the best anime ever made.

The last chord is clearly an open G

I labeled the gif. I'm a drummer.

All the girls are best. The music both in and out of the anime are amazing. It still makes people cry in the second season. I'd say it still holds well.

And she's using her thumb to fret the high E string, right? If so, that is weird.

No it's a Gadd9 with some kind of fucking spider monkey fingering that might not even be possible

I wish Jun would stop stuffing her fat ass for 2018.

She needs to fuel that butt somehow.

well if thats her thumb then her thumb is on the wrong side of her hand, but I don't know how else you would explain the curve of her wrist

Looks to me like the ring finger is lifted, but yeah, if it's fretting then you're right.

>hur fingers are wrong
kill yourself autist

*her
fag

in the bottom right the locker number says 120 when it should say 110

Ui's ass is bigger than Jun's.

Musicians like to advertise the fact they play an instrument and debate with other musicians. It's a tremendous source of pride. Just like faggots on Sup Forums like to one-up each other over quality and amount watched.

Ui has silently been best K-On this whole time. 2018 is the year of Ui.

Probably because 90% of the shows kyoani has spit out since have been a clone down to the same looking faces of the characters. Would almost call it an evolving story but it's all been about females

quads r gawds, K-ON! is the bees knees man

believability is important, Ui and Mugi are not
they both are just plot devices and caricatures, they are not even characters

I really wanna dick Mio, bros.

This

>I really wanna dick, Mio bros.
FTFY

I'm gonna die this year, aren't I?

ritsu without her headband is a miracle to be cherished

Don't mind me posting best student council president.

I can only imagine how freaky she gets between the sheets.

season 1 aged like milk in terms of QUALITY

Please post more cute Nodoka. I don't have enough pictures of her.

Azusa is my wife!

What is the point of the character?
It already had a Mio

I do though

Kouhai and audience surrogate

Its fucking brilliant.

Are all Keions christmas cakes already?

That's funny because no she fucking isn't.

>9 years
No fucking way

>come with me
Are the Keions trying to tell me something?

I used to think this was a silly meme, then I watched K-On! and realized it's the only thing left to do. Life will never get more beautiful than this.

wow

Anime ruined

>ywn see Ritsu's pantsu

>didn't have enough characters to spell it out so put in a literal nobody who was in like 1 episode

I just found about it this year, I thought it was one of them newfangled cartoons.
But I also thought it was gonna be about musicianship, so it wasn't my only mistake.

Buy a figma, then stare at her pantsu all the time.

Why is this show about nothing so comfy?

I want Ritsu drums so bad. One came up on the local craigslist for 1,100 USD, canary yellow and everything but I don't have the money and I don't want to go to Detroit.

I did, it was cold as fuck and looking at the sun made my eyes water.

I want to poke Ritsu's calloused soles.

Anyone else prefer season one over season two? I love both seasons but the first season has that special feeling towards it.

S1 does have a more "concise" feeling than S2, but S2 is just overall a higher quality than S1.
The movie is my favorite part of K-On! though.

>2017+1
>9 years
>people still like k-on
Brings a tear to my eye knowing that there are still people with good taste.

>camewithme
I did

The movie is great but it really cheapens the graduation song in the last episode since we've already seen it before.

>K-ON! has aged like a fine wine
Truther truth has never been spoken.
In fact, when I first watched it, I wasn't too impressed. But rewatching it was am entirely different experiences. It was like a vault full of riches that was previously off-limits suddenly opened and revealed its marvelous content. Manly tears were had, even. And I'm sure it will be even better when I watch it for the 3rd time.

>cheapens
I thought it made it even better. At first you saw it from Azusa's view in the TV series, as a surprise, but the entire movie was about how the original 4 created the song. The scenes of them practicing the song while also playing it for Azusa in real time hit me harder than the ending to the TV series.

Is K-ON the greatest piece about Japanese daily life since Ozu's Tokyo Monogatari?

MatsuPitsu

Canon

MachuPichu?

I do. First season feels more solid in terms of characters relationships.
Love 2nd season and movie graphics though

I like S1 better. The comedy and overall pacing of most episodes is better without sacrificing anything. S2 is really good too but a lot of the episodes—especially towards the end—start to feel drawn out and repetitive. They might've been able to keep it in 12 episodes like S1 in order to make it better.

Then again S2 kinda explicitly shifts away from comedy towards more drama (of course both are still present in both seasons) so the change in pacing is obviously for a reason. I think in general anime doesn't tend to do drama as well as it doesn't have as strong history in that "genre". Of course there's nothing preventing it from doing that but I feel the medium hasn't quite matured enough on that front yet compared to films (with exception of course, and K-On kinda can be counted among those). Still comedy is much more of a forte for anime.

I wish they'd give us a one-off special or something for the 10th anniversary, heck even a random side story or something. I miss this show.

Season 2 has better comedy in that it has dry humor arising from the character interactions, rather than relying on conventional 4koma gag humor. I'd also reject that it had that much drama; the famous Episode 20 was just a fun concert that had a burst of emotion at the end. Meanwhile, Season 1 had a very melodramatic Ritsu/Mio conflict episode. And while Season 1 has a very Yui-focused narrative, Season 2 is more equal and gives characterization to characters that were more neglected in Season 1 (particularly Mugi)

That's not going into how much better it looks and how Yamada had a much freer hand as a director.

They apparently don't own the rights to it anymore? Same with Haruhi

The first time I watched it I ended up feeling like an empty husk of a human being after it was over. Now I decided to rewatch it during Christmas/New Year's break, but I literally can't bring myself to watch the last episode and the movie. It just hurts so much.