New Year Story Time

In honor of the new year, I decided I'll post the New Year's Eve chapter of Fruits Basket, a personal favorite of mine. Sorry if it's a bit confusing not knowing the characters, but I thought it was appropriate.

Also realized people might not like Fruits Basket, but please hide the thread if it's unsightly.

The episode in the anime was called "A Solitary New Year". Wonder what that could mean...

I guess I should bring people up to speed. The girl, Tohru Honda, lives with the Sohma family: Shigure (black hair), Yuki (white-ish hair), and Kyo (the brash one).

The three of them are cousins.

Well, "cousins" in that they're related. They might be relatively distant. Incidentally, Shigure is "the dog" of the Chinese Zodiac in the series, and 2018 is the year of the dog.

Hakusensha comics always have ads in the margins, which is why they have these little messages from the author in the tankouban. I think it's pretty fun.

If there actually is anyone reading, I hope you enjoy it. It's a nice chapter; one of the iconic ones.

Ah wrong page.

Happy new year, everyone.

Right. This is Hanajima, a friend of Tohru's.

This is the proper placements of this page. Sorry for the inconvenience.

What a nice friend.

You may noticed I skipped a number; it seems I had a duplicate page saved.

Oh, dear.

It looks like I may be bumped off the board before I can finish. That's all right; I had fun re-reading this, too.

We're nearing the end now, folks.

Do you have anyone you haven't talked to in a while? Friends, family? You should give them a call today.

I hope all of you were able to spend this time with loved ones, but for those of you spending tonight along, I hope you have a good time. Here's to a great 2018.

Thanks

This was cute, thanks