Nothing ever happens in this show. No matter what grandiose sounding message Ash learns in one episode...

Nothing ever happens in this show. No matter what grandiose sounding message Ash learns in one episode, it won't mean shit a few more episodes later.
Ash never learns. He never progresses. He's after a dream that as far as we understand, is vaguely defined, so he can always grasp at it but never reach it. He goes from region to region, island to island, always meeting people, but they never stick around. All Ash will have left when he's old is a bunch of pets and his mom while still having the mental maturity of a child.
Same shit, just another episode, just another season, just new people that will leave him.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qSEph3TPvCs
youtube.com/watch?v=LiMUTLKrU-U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You should just watch the movie reboot.

Serena best girl.
win Ashb owl

That would change if he'd just fuck some random pokebitch

Can't you autists just enjoy the fun adventures with the colorful and magical creatures and the cute girls?

Not when the main character has been such an incompetent jobber for 20 years.

What compels you to actually care about something like that enough to be bothered by it in a literal childrens cartoon?

Wow. It's almost as if you're watching a children's cartoon that's part of a giant multimedia franchise intended to sell shit to kids.

Anybody who isn't a complete autist and realized in 1997 that Pokemon is a show for literal elementary school aged kids knows this already. Being surprised that Ash never learns is like being surprised why Dora keeps letting Swiper swipe her stuff.

I accepted the fact that Pokemon was going to go nowhere back during Jhoto. I am at peace with that and as you said, I am enjoying the monster battles, the scenery, and the girls.

Having a endless adventure with eternal youth is better than winning a shitty tournament, grew older and getting replaced by the new generation

What if Dora was an anime?

but SWIPER NO SWIPING

No shit, faggot. It's pokemon. Each episode is a 20 minute commercial.

Dora would be sexualized a lot more and there'd be incestuous undertones in her relationship with her cousin.

So basically CCS? Damn. Missed an opportunity there.

But the fandom is happy with alola arc new drawing, the reshaped kanto pokemon and etc. The fandom will always be happy with extended anime series like DBS, sakura card captor, etc. Op nobody can change what the owner decides to do with his/her masterpieces, take for example SW the fandom loved SW VII, VIII and IX, so we have to asume that in this decade tv series and movies reboots or new arcs are gold

SM has good writers, SM gets a pass on art because of it.

I hate Ash so much. How about we just switch the series plotline how Ash's mom gets doubleteamed by Mr. Mime and Prof Oak every day.

>Nothing ever happens in this show. No matter what grandiose sounding message Ash learns in one episode, it won't mean shit a few more episodes later. Ash never learns. He never progresses. He's after a dream that as far as we understand, is vaguely defined, so he can always grasp at it but never reach it. He goes from region to region, island to island, always meeting people, but they never stick around. All Ash will have left when he's old is a bunch of pets and his mom while still having the mental maturity of a child.Same shit, just another episode, just another season, just new people that will leave him.

Ash is basically a American Superhero mc

Is that Rustle?

>the fandom loved SW VIII
Wrong

That's not true each Pokemon league he gets closer and closer to winning. Got to the finals last time.

anime needs more cute brown boys like this

He'll win it all and get his happy ending someday.

Just like the rest of us, I'm sure.

It's literally a toddler's show.
The target audience is on the kinder garden for fucks sake.

They only thing worth discussing is who is best girl and you don't even need to watch the anime for that.

Why the hell does he always suddenly act like a noob every new season or every time he moves to a different region? He has been through leagues has so many achievements, been a finalist so many times, fought elites, and then fast forward pokemon X&Y he get's beaten by a crappy gym leader who doesn't do his job let alone train

And why the hell did he think trading bolt tackle for electro ball was a good idea, all you need to do to deflect is literally another ball type move like shadow ball or moves like ironclaw

>muh childrens cartoon

Not an argument, pic related shows it.

>But the fandom is happy with alola arc new drawing, the reshaped kanto pokemon and etc.
The Alola arc gets constant shit both here and on /vp/, the discussion of it is minimal compared to XY, and I constantly see posts from people saying they dropped it because it was so awful whenever it gets brought up.

This is why you shouldn't watch shows literally made for toddlers and autists. Anyone over the age of 12 who is still into Pokemon is a low-test manchild.

What that shows is that sometimes it's for the best to remain unchanged. Goku only got worse and worse with time, until he could only appeal to literal niggers and spics.

It's an ad for the games you're retarded for expecting anything

>character development is bad
fucking hell you people are actually retarded

> /vp/
well there's your problem right here. Sup Forums just talks shit about pokemon in general, 'Bye Bye Butterfree' excluded, and /vp/ only cared about XY because of Shipping, the Character.

It is, if you're creating a long running show. You want your characters to stay as static as possible while developing the world around them to encourage people to pay attention. Then, you sell the developed pieces back to the viewers in the form of toys, figures and video games. If the characters develop at all, it's simply to sell the new design and introduce a new wave of merch.

Can't we just follow James all the time? He is much more interesting as a character

You can create long running shows where you have character development, it just takes actually writers that are not shit awful.
>You want your characters to stay as static as possible
this only works if you don't have this repeating cycle that exists in pokemon, what you write can be true in a show like Case Closed where the goal is not the improvement of the main characters ability to defeat others but where it's a given and there is no actual need to improve or develop that aspect.

in regards of dragon ball, it just shows that having the only character development be "must get stronger" is absolute garbage because it inevitably culminates in badly written storylines.

Is Aloha arc bad to watch for a children's show?
>people hype up XYZ
>BRASTO BURN happens
>not much after people shit on designs or fap over the SM girls every week

This.

>art style =/= story

That really sounds like antisocial personality disorder.

>The target audience is on the kinder garden for fucks sake.

No, it's not.

This, if you think pokemon is bad now, imagine if they actually followed any of you guy's ideas and had Ash win back then. He'd be battling satoshi taiji for the fate of the pokereality or some stupid shit by now.
More shows should do what pokemon did to avoid powercreep actually.

they shouldn't have kept that idiot that long, they should have done it like the adventures manga did.
and i would like to point you to my last sentence that exactly says that to do it like that is retarded which is why dragon ball ended up being shit.

what does "becoming a pokemon master" even mean ? has is already been explained even once in the anime ?

>Jojo has been going on longer than Pokemon
>Has a new Protagonist every part
Hmmm

No. It's been explained that becoming a Champion Master (regional champion) is one step to getting there.

I'm with you user. SM makes me happy.

You aren't supposed to sit down and watch the whole thing, the generations are meant for new generations of audiences. It's like sitting through doraemon all at once and then complaining that it's formulaic
speaking of generations, just watch that or read pokespe, which is a decent batlle shonen if you're into that sort of thing.

SM is fine, and it's not like it's too weird of a thing to sit through some mediocre childrens shows just to see some cute girls here
>/vp/
/vp/ hates everything that GF and TPCi does but still buys it, I don't know they do this.

I wish pokemon got reset every year with a completely new concept like Precure and Digimon does. Then we could actually get great stories with proper endings.

i guess you finally get the point

Speaking of PokeSpe, I've been caring less about it lately, the releases are a mess. I mean, how many arcs are going on right now? 2 or 3? And I have no idea how much I have to wait for a chapter and when a new chapter it's up I already forgot what happened in the last.

Jojo isn't an extended toy and video game commercial.

You mean those same games that use different protagonists that achieve their goals?

Both /vp/ and Sup Forums liked XY.

It's been more or less implied that it basically means "recognized as one of the best Pokemon Trainers in the world".

Can someone that is older than 14 explain to me why they're still unironically watching and staying up to date with the pokemon anime? How do you still enjoy it? Nobully, I am genuinely curious.

It's fun.
Can you explain why you're NOT watching it, beyond random meme responses like "I'm older than x", as well as mention when you last gave it anything resembling a chance?

Oh I haven't seen it at all, I just wanted to know what the appeal is, since I've always seen it as a show completely aimed towards kids. If it's fun then hey that's cool, I hope you can keep enjoying it user.

It's just that. People watch it because they enjoy it. Some seasons are better received than others; XY in particular was very well received by the people that actually watched it.

"I'm just going to assume it's a shitty show for kids" is, in general, a bad reason to not watch something.

It's boring and the episodic plots are uninteresting. No point going through a dozen episodes to get one semi-interesting Pokemon fight. Last watched about 10 episodes during Sinnoh.

He progressed a lot in XY and XYZ. Too bad the creators decided they wanted to keep the old kiddy Ash.

>Show is shit
>Why can't you just have fun like me, a retard with no taste who is easily impressed with colors and girls!? FUCKING AUTISTS
Kys

holy SHIT kill yourself

SM is much better than most people want to give it credit for. The artstyle is terrible but the story has been good.

Ash always progressed in each season. The only time he actually regressed was in B/W.

His competence is the same in S/M as it was in XY/XYZ. its just the artstyle makes him look like a moron.

SM is very pure hearted, colorful, and happy. Sometimes I just want that.

The soundtracks to the first seasons (both JP OST and 4kids songs) are the best part of the anime.

youtube.com/watch?v=qSEph3TPvCs

youtube.com/watch?v=LiMUTLKrU-U

>The artstyle is terrible
The art style is great and I love it.

>story
It's been fucking terrible and the "story" has been pretty much nonexistent until they suddenly went full retard and stuffed the entire damn plot from the games into 11 straight episodes.

>stuffed the entire damn plot from the games into 11 straight episodes
Tell me more.
This seems actually interesting, I stopped watching the show the moment I realized it was 90% filler.

It was a fucking trainwreck that was even worse received than the usual fillers. Just don't bother. At this point people are mostly happy it's over.

>JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF BRUH

fuck off

>SM is much better than most people want to give it credit for

People shit on SM because of the change in artstyle and because their girl is gone. Most people talking shit about it haven't even seen a whole ep. wtv, I think it's fun and entertaining to watch.

Yeah yeah, and people shat on BW because Dawn was gone too, right? It had nothing to do with the show itself, it was JUST mad waifufags.

The story has been there from the beginning. Everything that happened in the Aether Arc was hinted at since S/M started.

They are probably going to adapt the US/UM plot for the rest of the season.

Some random mention of some minor plot point in episode 2, followed by 40 fillers, is not "the story being there from the beginning". That's like saying the XY league arc started in XY3 because that's the episode where Ash signed up for it.

Never said JUST, chill. But this girl's waifufags are still a sad and very vocal bunch 50 episodes in.

that's all ? what's the point then ?

The answer is a single six letter word that begins with an A.

>Goku gets worst each season

It's just super

Yes, I imagine if you're still watching Pokémon at this point you'd have to have great ardour.

There isn’t one. It’s a purposely vague goal that he’ll never achieve because they need the anime to shill merchandise for as long as both the franchise and Japanese children exist. And they don’t have to pretend otherwise because, at the end, children will outgrow it and move on to other series while a new generation of kids between 8 and 11 take their place for three years. And so on.
You shouldn’t think too hard about it because the show is literally designed so that people over a certain age don’t bother with it.

I have no fucking idea what you're talking about, but writing off criticism as "you're just butthurt your waifu isn't in the show anymore" is just sad, user.

NEON GENESIS POKEGELION

Now it's like you can't even read, or just didn't. Have a nice day.

>didn't stopped watching after leaving kindergarden
Thats your fault

>Wrong
(You)

It's the same as wanting to be a master swordsman or martial arts master. It's the kind of thing that takes an entire lifetime to achieve, not something he can conceivably do within the course of the series.

In the end nothing matters. People who follow the anime KNOW that Ash will never win the league, but that doesn't matter in the slightest

We just want to see fun adventures, battles and cute girls

Nigga Pokemon literally transcends generations and is the most normal fag anime any could watch.

If only Tobias never exist, Ash and Paul would have battle in the finals then Ash would have won the Sinnoh leagues,
Then defeating the Elite 4 and Champion Cynthia.
Then i think the Anime would stand up for its credibility.

What the fuck kind of language is this?

You're out of your mind, Satoshi is lightyears away from being Elite Four level.

This is why.

That's why Season 1 was the best; it was a genuine journey at the time and while the way the result happened was unforgivable bullshit, the idea of Ash losing at the league wasn't some arbitrary, soulless marketing device.

Many different values mix together, and the world becomes gray... That is unforgivable! I will separate Pokémon and people, and black and white will be clearly distinct! Only then will Pokémon become perfect beings! Yes, that is my dream! That is the dream I must fulfill! Ash Ketchum, do you have a dream of your own?