Why is this type of character so popular

Why is this type of character so popular

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=0verLM5ejNE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=o6JnMu2SsDo
foxnews.com/us/2018/01/01/teenager-murders-his-family-members-on-new-years-eve-officials-say.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because he's literally me

This user surely isn't popular, but it appears that he's quite literally me.

because edgy strong guy?

I don't know but 90s cartoons taught me that girls always like the outcast/bad guy.

No matter how much you want to deny it, people like little edge sometimes.

Plus you can't deny, Itachi was cool.

Itachi will literally annihilate your village if you look at him wrong user, watch yourself.

No he wouldn't. He's a pussy and power creep has made him irrelevant.

because he's handsome, troubled, mysterious and of course powerful

in short, he's fucking cool

I think I read somewhere that this type of character is called the Joker character. He's mostly not involved with the main playing cards, but once he comes into play, he seems to be more dangerous than even the last boss.
Another example I can think of is Seijuuro Hiko.

Sacrifice archetype
Itachi died for your sins

If you're and edgy faggot*

I got you user, we all make mistakes

We all like a little edge.
Most of the other characters are cuck soyboys numale beta faggots.

Because he is handsome, it's simply that. If he was ugly he would be an unpopular character

Among girls? Because he's handsome, mysterious, overcompetent and cool, like a typical shoujo male lead.
Among teenagers? Edgy power fantasy.
Among fujos? Handsome dude that interacts with other dudes.

And then KIshimoto decided to turn him into a good guy, wrote a cheesy story about sacrifice and brotherly love, and wanked Itachi at absolutely any opportunity, making him the biggest Mary Sue of the series. And people love this kind of shit.

He's the equivalent of naruto jesus, jesus is a pretty popular guy

O MY SMART LIKE A HOKAGE SINCE HE WAS 7 YEARS OLD

Because after all is said and done. And you have sorted through everything else his story is one of the few that actually makes sense.

Well everyone's capable of doing it. All it takes is one bad day.

Is Jesus handsome?

Depends on the artist. They tend to draw him with a stiff neck and shoulders, though.

I’m not just talking about Renaissance’s depiction of Jesus, I am also not talking about Jehovah’s witness Jesus, and I am definitely not talking about Mormon Jesus. I am talking about Roman-born, Abrahamic Jesus that was the root of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, and the model of Catholic Christian, Orthodox Christian, and Protestant Christian.

Obito was better
>and hotter

Ten year old boys who draw OC on deviant art.

1) Itachi is edgier, more annoying and overall a shittier character than Sasuke.
2) Itachi is the single biggest Mary Sue in anime history.

I've never seen so much wrongness in one post

I still don't get why didn't he tell Kakashi his plan. Out of anyone in the Naruto universe I think he'd understand.

Name five characters of Itachi type.

Wasn't there a case of one kid in Russia who killed himself because Itachi died?

He's a character who is both super powerful in his own mind who gets revenge on his broken family for divorcing in 80s-00s America, but is also powerless to change anything and can't bring his family back together despite that being what he ultimately wants.

He represents the child of every broken household, if Naruto or Sasuke hasn't already taken that role

He's the "fuck you, I know best" character in a show aimed at teens.

All his coolness is invalidated if all of his fan hentai is yaoi fujoshi garbage.

Kamen rider kabuto

>is a villain
>turns out to be a martyr for good

it's a step beyond the overused "redeemed villain" trope.

plus, girls go apeshit for the sad-eyed softspoken prodigy

Was not telling kakashi part of his plan?

Because in his first appearances he was this cool, calm and collected ninja. When powerlevels still made sense, the title of prodigy meant something.

I don’t know who this character is, but it looks like he has so many edges that he’s a circle

Solo King

he was too OP and was on shotting too many people

I can agree with this

He is raichu, a great black clover character who evolves from agumon.

Madara is the hottest and best though

He's too agressive.

Obito is much more gentle.

That's some Rashomon right there. Jesus.

Well what do you know, even Naruto's writing is too deep for someone.

Really? If anything, Obito is the agressive one, since he basically decided to destroy the world once Rin died. Madara decided to destroy the world once he realized that it was irrecoverable

1. Itachi kept sasuke alive because he loved him but he wanted sasuke to kill him to cure his guilty conscience of killing the uchiha. So that means all the actual torture he put sasuke through of making him relive the massacre on repeat and telling him to kill his best friend and telling him to live with a heart full of hatred and revenge was all for itachis own benefit. Everything sasuke is that people consider “ irredeemable”
Even tho all he accomplishes is killing a couple samurai everything else was just intent is because of itachi. He self identifies as an avenger and looks for reasons to get revenge is because of itachi
2. His plan makes no sense. Turn sasuke into a hatful monster. Have him kill his best friend for more power. Then kill itachi and go home a hero? Why would he go back after you turned him into a villain? Why would he be considered a hero for killing itachi when the leaf village clearly dosent care about the uchiha massacre.

3. The uchiha were blamed for a crime they didn’t commit. We’re ostracized and kept under surveillance. They were a repressed minority that were ordered to be killed to maintain a status quo. Talks of peace broke down because of danzo.Yet the story always portrays them as dishonorable and evil for wanting to rebel against a homeland that treated them like crap. Itachi ask for the uchiha rebellion to be covered up so the uchiha name retains honor. How fucked up is that lol? Is the moral supposed to be blind loyalty to your nation?

4. What ultimately made itachi commit to the massacre was the fear that the uchiha rebellion leading to another ninja war that would get sasuke killed yet killing the uchiha a large portion of very powerful ninja somehow didn’t weaken them enough that another village would see them as weakened and invade? Ehhhhh seems off to me

5. No we get to the real problem with itachi and that’s that despite the naruto series always there to preach it’s message of peace and non violent means they present the uchiha massacre a VERY morally grey topic as the unquestionable right thing to have done. Everything itachi did was dubious at best and monstrous at worst. But what do the characters have to say about him? Danzo fucking DANZO refers to him as the true hero of the leaf village. All the kage during the ninja world talks about how he’s the savior of the world. Sasuke models his entire life after him. His heart is sooooo pure it reforms kabuto. Not to mention that he was actually sooooo strong he could solo a tailed beast with little effort. The itachi hand job rain never stops chugging. The only flaw they gave him is that he should have told sasuke the truth because everything he did was SUCH the right thing to do that of sasuke just knew the truth he would have been right as rain.

6. To put it on real world terms it’s like if MLK killed Malcom X and every other black person in the country during the civil rights movement cause it MIGHT possibly start a war (an extreme example I know) but is that something you would say should be praised as the unquestionable right thing to do? Itachi is a failure to me as a character because of this. A really compelling character who lives in the grey that challenges conceptions of right and wrong that can challenge naruto on his whole PEACE PEACE PEACE motto is all thrown away for a shitty martyr figure. Itachi killed innocent children ffs lol

Author screwed up Itachi by making him the secretly good guy.

So why do we hate this anime again? Just from what you wrote Naruto is better than 90% of crap that gets praised on Sup Forums.

They both actually wanted to put everyone in a paradise genjutsu to induce world peace, so their intention was actually good i guess.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=0verLM5ejNE

They just needed the juubi and that ended up causing alot of trouble, but in all honesty, kabuto was the one who made the terrible mess.

Yeah, Madara’s only flaw to his plan was to capture and be hostile to the Biju, instead of taking the easier option and persuading them to join, as many of them probably longed for death due to their shitty treatment

m.youtube.com/watch?v=o6JnMu2SsDo

Dont get me wrong, i love nardo but uh

The fandom is scary

Tbh if he had told them his plan, they'd basically throw themselves at him and obito LOL

>Itachi killed innocent children ffs lol
You almost had me until this
There are no innocent Uchiha
Itachi did nothing wrong

Because Kishimoto made up shit as he went. Shippuden wasn't planned out back then

Are those scars or is he really tired/old?

Yeah. Too bad Kishi only gave the Bijus sentience and personality when it was too late. I would of have enjoyed an arc about Naruto and co. trying to convince the Bijus not to join the Atasuki, leading to a reckoning about the shitty treatment Bijus and their Jinchuuriki face and the subsequent consequences of said treatment. Has Naruto actually fulfilled his promise to the Bijus?

Putin revived him when Itachi came back. Then he teleported behind him when Itachi went back to hell.

Read the manga. I dare you

Shisui > Shitachi

A handsome, calm, overpowered tragic hero who loved his brother and homeland and kept protecting them even after his death? Yeah I wonder that too

Obito was the coolest guy because he actually utilized ninja weapons and had a wide skill set, basically the only character who wasn't completely niched to their element nature and designated gimmick.

Wat

he was good because he used a lot of different weapons and jutsus

Did he? I just remember him as the swirley eye dude who spits fire and doesn't afraid of anything

Because most of us, at some age between 12 and 18 are edgy faggots.

Uchihas are shit.

Fuck off Tobirama

Because Kakashi talks out loud, remember when he told Obito's grave about Nardo being born soon?

>There are no innocent Uchiha
Obito

Looks are everything.

Imagine Naruto saying fuck it and giving up pacifism

Because people like this want to test their abilities.

foxnews.com/us/2018/01/01/teenager-murders-his-family-members-on-new-years-eve-officials-say.html

Because looks and they are so cool with their powers.

Shame you can't make money off of fanfiction otherwise i'd rev up my autism and write it

Because no matter what people say, the edgier the better.

It's not even like you can't make money from it. No one is going to read it, even for free.

cool design

Naruto killing the world has been used as the central plot for fanfics for a while.

What about Sasuke killing the world, like he threatened to do in the final fight?

Sasuke tries to stop Nardo in a lot of the 'Naruto kills the world' fanfictions, or he's killed 3 chapters in by Itachi or Nardo because the author didn't like him
Sasuke killing the world fanfictions are usually time travel stories, where Sasuke, Nardo or some other character that no one cares about time travels to stop the end of the world.

Drat. I am honestly surprised that there is not a story out there about Sasuke winning the second VOTE fight, doing what he said he will do at the start of the second VOTE fight, and dealing with the consequences of his actions

n-nani!?

I'm an outcast girls and don't like me.

Then get /fit/

Someone in Britain jumped to his death when Pain died too.

Proof?

Autism

All the Sasuke time travels after destroying the world stories show the consequences (in the first chapter). It's just that none of them are good, and all the Sasuke destroys the world (sans time travel) stories show Sasuke as the hero and everything he does was the right decision.
And while most of the stories I've been talking about are shit, I remember two in particular that were good.
The first is a story where Iruka dies after saying that Naruto is like the nine tails and never finishes his sentence, leading Naruto to work for Orochimaru and leave Konoha after the Chunin Exams. It had a pretty good ending and Sasuke was a legitimate good guy.
The other one is incomplete (from what I remember) and it was Sasuke time travelling to just chill with kid Naruto and stop himself from destroying the world

Why do girls like pic related so much?

see how that ended

>tongues on hands
you just know...

he was a pretty neat goalpoint for one of the main characters, surrounded by mystery and fear.

He definitely overstayed his welcome, though.

Every fucking time I see him, his theme starts playing in my head

How can someone ever be THIS wrong ever?

I just saw the screencap of the article here years ago. I think it was The Guardian but when I searched for "teen kills self" I got 9+ pages of results. His dad said he bonded with fictional characters because he had no friends IRL.

That's called a "wild card" user.

Shut the fuck up Tobirama

Thanks. Will search for them