Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T4h197KJzPM
youtube.com/watch?v=gcdGv1xAAjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=O1dQf14kIyc
youtube.com/watch?v=e_3odj7Dh4g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

who isn't a HnK fan, seriously?

Albert Heart is one acid trip

Someone explain Ryuga to me, what was his endgame?

He was trying to find the person who was destined to bring order to the wasteland, he felt that Kenshiro was to soft so he tried turning him into someone like raoh but only not a douche.

Ryuuga was the shortest villain tee bee aytch

"Oh I'm going to massacre an entire temple of sick people and kill kung fu Jesus but please feel bad for me"

I get kenshiro is all about forgiveness but that was too far

How good is HNK, compared to JoJo?

Wrong HnK

It's even more formulaic is the combat doesn't make any sense

Jojo is far better but HnK is still pretty good

Why no one like the one that happen during WW2?

Did anyone else think the Raoh archs climax was fucking weak? Ken and Raohs mentor mentioned in a flash back that their fight would be one that separates the heavens, yet Raoh just gives up and kills himself for Yuria after the fight with Ken.

Well when it comes to the anime, JoJo is far better as the animation and sound quality smash it, but when it comes to villains HnK are always hitting you with unique and memorable villains who have connections with Kenshiro and are extremely satisfying when they are defeated and have their head exploded. HnK pretty much invented a lot of the cinematography and cliches in modern anime.

don't talk shit about the HnK soundtrack ever again nigger

The writing, plot and characters in HnK are miles better than in JJBA. I'd argue the art is better in HnK in that it's more consistent but late Part 3/mid Part 4 art in JJBA is almost perfect as far as battle shounen go. The fights are usually more emotional and moving in HnK and more cool and stylish in JJBA.

Who preordered Hokuto ga Gotoku on PS4 already dead?

By sound quality I meant the quality of how the voices are recorded in HnK, in that the voices can be screechy and some of the sound effects can be weaker than they need to be.

You need to be a literal soyboy to not love HnK.

Decide whether Kenshiro or Raoh is better saviour, ultimately deciding on Kenshiro and by slaughtering innocents and killing Toki showing Kenshiro that he must be strong like Raoh if he hopes to succeed, while at the same time not being literally Hitler.

I like Souten but it has a lot less international appeal than Hokuto.
Doesn't help that it doesn't exactly have Japanese appeal either, since it's exclusively ChinkChong and requires extensive knowledge of Chinese history during that time period to make the most out of it.
Most people don't even know that Germany and China were in a trade alliance before WW2 so they think Liu Zongwu is completely out of place, for example.

How come I can't find the manga of raoh gaiden side story anywhere?? I found all the others but not raoh

It shows that Ryuken was wrong in thinking Raoh is irredeemable equivalent of Satan.
Honestly Ryuken is a complete joke and one of biggest failures to grace the series.

That's only because you watched it with mono muffled voices from home media release, and not the original high quality TV broadcast audio.
Because Toei is fucking retarded and threw all their 80s and 90s audio tapes into the trash can.
Hokuto no Ken and Dragon Ball broadcast audio are literally collectors holy grails that go for hundreds of dollars nowadays.

youtube.com/watch?v=T4h197KJzPM

Don't you mean, Already Fed?

youtube.com/watch?v=gcdGv1xAAjQ

Hokuto no Gun haven't scanlated it, they haven't scanlated Ichigo Aji and its specials either.
And they aren't interested in Hokuto nowadays, I asked them on their chat on their website why do they work on trash instead of Hokuto material like Soute no Ken ReGenesis (aka Souten no Ken 2, started serializing in October last year) and got this answer "Fuck off we don't care" and got banned. Legit fucking mad.

Have a page from first chapter of SnK2 while I'm at it.

go fuck yourself

Also have some more archival broadcast audio samples of HnK, seriously fuck Toei for trashing the tapes.

youtube.com/watch?v=O1dQf14kIyc
youtube.com/watch?v=e_3odj7Dh4g

Is there some online archive for all the recovered stereo audio? I mean, it’s good that we have these clips, but with the way youtube is, it doesn’t feel safe only having them up there.

Is that the cartoon where Jojo says:
OMAE WA MOU SHINDEIRU

?

Does he really need that exposure? Is this approved canon or just another fanfiction?

Sadly no, the archive was MUCH bigger on a different YT account that got nuked years ago, it had clips from HnK, DB, DBZ and more.

All the gaidens are licensed fanfiction.
The only canon material is HnK, Last Piece, HnK2, SnK and SnK ReGenesis aka SnK2 that started in October.

The movies worth watching?

Only if you already read the manga/watched the anime, the movies are not a replacement since they skip 70% of the story, start LITERALLY in the middle and generally are just fanservice.

How come a tiny blonde white kid became a huge fat chink?

That's what happens when you let shitty guest artists make their own licensed fanfiction.
Protip, it's not canon.

The Toki Gaiden was great though. Especially the last volume.

>Who preordered Hokuto ga Gotoku
What could possibly go wrong??

They're both pretty good to be honest.

I thought Ten no Haoh was canon too? Hara seems to like the character Reina atleast

HnK is truly the epitome of masculinity. After the first part, it's a beautiful story filled with emotional moments, charismatic characters and lots of hype.
Also, Toki was supposed to be the savior if he wasn't sick, he was the kindest, strongest and more righteous.

>I thought Ten no Haoh was canon too? Hara seems to like the character Reina atleast
Ten no Haoh is written by Buronson so that one's canon by virtue of NOT being fanfic.

Toki was literally Jesus, as in LITERALLY.
HnK was honestly very Christian for a Japanese work about Magic Chinese Martial Arts

He died for our sins.

Martyrdom wasn't invented by Christianity.

Ryuga never killed innocent people

>literally looks like Jesus
>magically heals people with a touch
>dies in order to save mankind
totally not Jesus bruv

Well he did teach and raise Jagi into what he came.

I have a shit memory. Thanks user

It is because the anime cut it out, they also added t his awesome character.

Ive only ever read the arcs that take place after kaiohs death. Is it worth it to read the arcs that ive already seen in the anime?

Definitely one of the coolest minor characters. He actually put up a decent fight

Where my Juza boys at? Best Nanto user.

If you want.

You can also just specifically read the parts that are different like the God's army and Jackal arc.

No reason to other than for art, and since the scans we have are utter shit, I suggest waiting for rips of the HD brand new official english scans that are coming next year, by 2019 we should have rips of them online.

Nanto Five Chariots aren't actually Nanto users, retard. They all use their own custom styles and serve as bodyguards to the actual Nanto Star of the Compassionate Mother.

>You can also just specifically read the parts that are different like the God's army and Jackal arc.
They aren't different though, they're just moved around to happen before Shin, rather than after Shin. It's also an improvement to the narrative since you have Ken being depressed after Shin's death in the manga but in next chapter he's cracking one lines and beating up God Land Army and Jackal's men like if nothing happened, then going to Mamiya's village part and being depressed again, it makes no fucking sense.
Anime actually improved it by keeping his depressed state consistent, and moving those arcs to happen before Shin.

Underrated villain

He's not even a villain, just an antagonist and slave to the fate of his star like all of the Nanto.

So villainous that he sudokud himself.

Fair enough. You can just stick to the anime.

Giant Hag is best in manga though

I preferred the mango.

JUST

Love shin.....was my favorite nanto fighter.

HnK maybe my favorite anime up till "HnK 2" the retcons when they get to the land of asura are just to much.

Tho I did like Han.....and the other ki based fighter before. Can't remember his name, looked like Dolph Lundgren.

Best chapter not adapted to anime was the theee prince's

>Can't remember his name, looked like Dolph Lundgren.
You're thinking about Falco, the master of Gento Kouken.

Han didn't use Ki, he was a melee fighter, in fact it's Kenshiro that uses Raoh's signature Ki blast (Tenshou Honretsu) to defeat Han.
And the guy you're thinking of is Falco.

Grow up

I've read the manga and listened to the soundtracks but not watched the anime considering how much filler there is.

>how much filler
You mean ~12 episodes out of 152?
Good job retard.

I admit that I didn't know how much filler there is, but I had the impression it was more.

Sorry didn't mean Han was ki based .....even tho in the anime version I'm pretty sure he used some hokuto ki attacks.

Should have finished building that damn railguard.

He came up with Reina and Souga? Lost all my respect for the man.

Reading it right now, just got to Raoh's attack on Mamiya's village. I'm aware of the story and everything through vidya and whatnot. In all honesty it's hard to decide who my favorite character is between Juza, Ein, Rei, Toki and Shin.

Also pretty funny how Mamiya's always used in stuff like Ken's Rage and the ArcSys game as a badass fighter because all she seems to do is try to fight some mook, have her attack fail, get held and threatened with violence/leered at lasciviously before Ken comes to save her. Every fucking time with this bitch. She's less useful in a fight than fucking Airi! Guessing anime filler plays a large part in that.

Airi is best girl though and that entire scene where she shoots some of the Ken-Oh troops and Rei's "I no longer have any weak points" line is probably my favorite scene so far. Glad she made it into Hokuto ga Gotoku.

I must ask, if Raoh fought Kaioh, who would have won

Assuming he had a satisfactory fight with Ken and won, then Raoh. Been a bit since I read the stuff HnK 2 was adapted from, but I think Raoh could take Kaioh

There really isn't. People that don't know the source material assume that the stuff early on is indicative of the whole series, which it isn't since literally all the filler is almost exclusively contained to Shin arc because the Shin arc in the manga was merely 5 chapters long and thus laughably stupidly short. The anime filler outside of few legit crappy bandit of the week episodes before Shin, does a really good job of expanding Shin's motivations and backstory and the leadup to him.
Next time do your research instead of being an idiot.
Besides when people complain about "filler" in HnK, they actually mean how basically every episode has a ~3 minute long recap of the previous episode after the OP to pad out time, but many times (not always though) the recap actually features different, new animation of the events its recaping.

tl;dr watch the anime and stop being a faggot

No, they appeared in the movie first, the first of the late 00s pentalogy.

>Guessing anime filler plays a large part in that.
No, there is literally no filler at all involving Mamiya.

Raoh, not even a contest. Raoh was also straight up above Ken in powerlevel strictly speaking and only "lost" because he was fighting Ken while running on fumes due to passing most of his Ki to Yuria before the fight to extend her lifespan.
tl;dr Raoh

un bro italiano. lol. anche io mi sto leggendo ken shiro sto periodo

I'm gonna disappoint you because I'm not italian nor do I know the language, it's just that the only scans of first chapter of ReGenesis floating online are italian, so those are the only ones I have.
Nobody wants to fucking translate them to English.

nice bait

Sure he wasn't based on any other Chinese/Japanese folk-hero type legend with elements from other mythology being mixed in?

The concept of Jesus and his background is pretty much rooted in various pagan and pre-christian myths afterall.

I thought Kaioh was the better fighter? Not because he was 3 years older.

When you consider that Buronson is a westaboo (and his real name wasn't even Buronson, he changed his name to Buronson because he thought Charles Bronson was awesome), the fact that multiple times in the story they explicitly refer to God, singular God, Heaven and Hell and the fact that Toki LITERALLY looks like the most common depiction of Jesus, I'd say he's clearly meant to be Jesus specifically and not some other similar figure.

Now Toki, yes, had the nukes not fucked him up he could have taken on both his older brothers AND Ken with little effort.

No, Kaioh was the scrub that wasn't picked by Ryuken, only Toki, Raoh and infant Kenshiro were.
Kaioh was left behind.
Jukei later trained Kaioh, Hyoh and Han in arts of Hokuto Ryuken which was historically considered straight up an inferior, malicious knockoff of Hokuto Shinken.

All of us

How old is Ken and what is the general chronology? You don't get a good sense of that in the anime. Raoh seems to be an adult when Ken is a child, and Ken is grown up by the time of the war.

I'm going to go against the grain here.....but kaioh would have beat roah.

The ken that fought kaioh was more powerful, hokuto ryuken had that counter to muso tensie....well at least kioah did and he stomped ken the 1st fight

Raoh and Toki are in their early teens when they go to Ryuken with infant Kenshiro, so they're roughly 10-12 years older than him respectively.
The war starts in precisely unspecified year in the 1990s, hence "this is the end of the century".

Then where the fuck does shit like the razor yo-yos come from because it's sure as shit not in the manga. Scene filler is still filler and manga Mamiya is pretty damn useless in a fight.

True.....but kaioh was able nullify hokuto shinken's greatest technique and own a kenshiro more powerful then the one roah battled.

Didn't ken need to do some secrete tanning and bust some statue to gain a completed hokuto? Memory is fuzzy.....

Thanks, I'll do that.

>kindness as deep as the ocean
>eyes that shine like the green fields
>heart as warm as the sun

Ken needed to get the secret technique of Hokuto Soke to beat Kaioh, yes, but Raoh could get it too.
Furthermore Raoh wouldn't get caught unaware like Ken was since Raoh wasn't naive like Ken and actually got shit done.
Also Raoh would come with his army and not alone.

Grab the "tipota" encodes, they're much higher quality than HoM DivX encodes from VHS. Tipota's are based on the official digitally remastered DVDs with much better visual quality and also with official English translation rather than HoM's engrish shitsubs.

Didn't Kaioh hate his brothers because he was basically supposed to be perfect but was utterly flawed? I recall he was also a whine bitch as a kid.?

No, he hated Kenshiro specifically because his mother died in fire while protecting infant Kenshiro.
He basically had a mental edgelord breakdown because of this and went his own edgelord way, while Raoh actually accepted their mother's death and moved on. So yeah, Kaioh was a whiny bitch.
He wasn't "supposed to be perfect" either. You're thinking of how after he started training Hokuto Ryuken under Jukei he was straight up best out of all of the students, but Jukei was afraid that early successes will cause his ego to baloon and corrupt him on the path of evil, so he forced him to lose to Hyoh like a little bitch and beg for mercy in front of all the students, which caused everyone to treat him like a loser shitter scrub.
Basically, just like Ryuken, Jukei was a massive idiot fuckup that couldn't raise Kaioh properly and was directly responsible for his corruption, though Kaioh is half to blame himself for being a whiny arrogant bitch.