Berserk

As someone who hasn't got the time to delve into the manga would you lads recommend i watch the 1997 or 2016 Berserk series ? I've heard terrible thing's about the latter for numerous reason's but what do ya'll say ? Also how long is the manga as of this point and are they planning to end it in the near future ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rWt5WB7wtJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=-_-59f9mgfM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Watch the old one, then the new one. The new one continues the story.

Old to the New movies, Damn the movies

Are you new to anime?

1997 is okay, skips over a ton of shit as usual. 2016/17 is a steaming pile of hot garbage. Just read the manga in parts whenever you can, it's not going anywhere. And who knows, maybe when you finish it'll be more than 355 chapters. The movies are okay, much better than the 2016/17 anime.

Read the manga or don't bother with Berserk at all.

>hasn't got the time
You had time to post this retarded post, ESLshitter. Watch it and then read it.

Yes i am

Is the 2016 series supposed to be a remake of the 1997 one ?

Sorry bud but this shitty post took a minute or so and unlike you other folks have priorities and lives to live.

No, the movies cover the same material as old series. New series continues where both movies and old series left off but new series skip tons of god-tier stuff from manga and the stuff they don't skip gets mangled to shit.

I suggest you watch the old anime and then start reading manga without skipping anything.

The easier way to get into it is to watch the old TV series (1997), then read the manga. I don't recommend anything else, specially the new movies/cgi series. The TV series omits some characters and concentrates on the "Golden Age" arc to make it easier to digest and to avoid spoiling people too hard about all the fantastical stuff. If you find it interesting, then pick up the manga and keep in mind that's how the story actually goes. The good thing about doing it this way is that you will know the plot, but will enjoy being introduced by the manga to all the stuff the TV series omitted. The TV series also has a good soundtrack for you to get familiar with and then play it in the background while you read the manga

youtube.com/watch?v=rWt5WB7wtJ0

It takes significantly less time to read manga than to watch anime.

Lurk the fuck more you esl faggot.

get fucked cunt

What's wrong with leading a successful life instead of wasting it here? You Americans are so entitled.

Watch Kirito of you want to see the real Black Swordsman in action, instead of some hobo from a dead franchise

then get the fuck off this site instead of wasting your time here you dumb bitch

The best anime to watch is the one from 97, and it ends at chapter 103 of the manga and will take a little over 8 hours to watch all 25 episodes. If you can’t read 103 chapters in less than 8 hours then you’re borderline illiterate, just read the manga.

There's a difference between me spending a lunch break hour surfing the internet, and you wasting the rest of your pathetic life "lurking" here. And why are you so angry? Can't you have a civil conversation for once? Or is being a cunt one the aftereffects of staying here more than expected?

READ
THE
MANGA

precisely

Came here to say this.

You could spend that lunch break reading a chapter or two of the manga.

fine i'll read the manga after the show, i get it. it's the meat of the matter and the show is mere icing if anything.

or if you're in school during passing periods or breaks

the OP is probably the best thing to come out from the 1997 version and we don't speak of the new versiions

>all these plebeians unironically recommending he watches any of the anime adaptations
Just read the manga, OP.

Exactly, OP is just retarded.

1997 anime is good
the 3 remake movies are good
2016-17 anime has awful CGI but has a good story regardless.

just read the manga faggot

Nigga what the fuck do you mean you don't have time to get into the manga? You can read it faster than you can watch the anime. Or are you dyslexic?

BS, the -97 one is actually solid anime to watch, even with all those stills. No one is claiming watching it substitutes for reading the manga.
> godly soundtrack
> coherent storyline
> good pacing
> good art with hand-painted sceneries, correctly applied still usage (yes, the animation hasn't aged well but it still has its charm and at least it's not CGI garbage)

Guys i get it, i'll read the manga for fucks sake !!!

Good. Now fuck off and do it.

Congratulations on your good choice Satan-kun. Don't come back to Sup Forums at all until you're done though.

Watch the movies, then read the manga from the very beginning.

The 97 version is alright but that's the problem. It's just decent, not spectacular and doesn't even tell the whole story. Why bother with 25 episodes of an okay adaptation when the manga is superior in every way? I was introduced to this series thanks to the anime but I have no interest in ever watching it again now that I've read the manga. In fact the only thing from the anime that sticks out in my mind is pic related.

The OST is definitely the best part though and if you've ever tried reading the manga with the soundtrack playing in the background, it's a damn fine experience.

what about the movies ?

Good soundtracks but ultimately pointless. They bring nothing new to the table and visually, the manga still trumps them.

Got it, so watch the 97 anime then jump straight into the manga. got it senpai !!

Or you could just read the manga, period.

Kill yourself, if you have the time to be retarded. You also have the time to read Berserk. Your time isn't anything precious fucking lowlife.

what chp does the anime end on?

>doesn't even tell the whole story
Neither does the manga.

What an awesome postcard by the man himself.

He can still draw, ladies and gentlemen.

Casca will get healed in 2018

youtube.com/watch?v=-_-59f9mgfM

Watch the 1997 anime, if you like it, read the manga. All of the anime for Berserk cuts out so much good stuff that the manga is essential to read for the full experience.

kek

read the manga. then watch the 97 adaptation or don´t do anything.

How is reading a manga slower than watching an anime ?