youtube.com/watch?v=NUW_pip1J5g
vjump.shueisha.co.jp/yugioh_20th_duel/keka.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Just fucking kill the guys instead of playing a fucking card game

>cheats
>as soon as he loses his eye, gets destroyed by Kaiba
>doesn't even have a space elevator
>probably can't defeat ancient magic with superior technology

Don't the Egyptian gods fuck your shit up if you try to just steal someone else's artifact instead of winning it off them in a game?

He's also GAY.

>gay
>loses a gay mindfight to Bakura

nah
Bakura fucking kill him

with AIDS, yes

Nah he just murders the guy in cold blood then carves out the eye in the manga

Anime only. Some chinkaboo kid steals the Millennium Puzzle and Bakura just kills Pegasus and takes the Millennium Eye.

>power blocked by friendship
This was his only shortcoming.

Does he kill him, or just take the eye?
Big difference, because he shows up later in the movies

gay villains can be really good though.

His character is one of the rare cases where not only the anime is better than the manga, but the dub is better than the sub(Maximillion Pegasus>Pegasus J. Crawford)
youtube.com/watch?v=NUW_pip1J5g

WTF

I don't remember this in Anime.

All of this is true. But besides that, his deck is a beautiful look at his character. Pegasus loves his toons and brags that they're the perfect lifeform because they're invincible and can't be destroyed. But once Yugi manages to do that, Pegasus unleashes his rage and turns the match into a shadow game. Suddenly he goes from using the twisted cute toons to darker, more eldritch monsters.
He didn't want to kill anyone, he wanted to take over Kaiba's company, and the shareholders required him to beat Yugi, who had humiliated Kaiba and his company, to do so.

Marik is better.

Marik just wants to kill the Pharaoh and take his place to end the suffering and solitary placed on his family, with the to eventually taking him over.

Pegasus wanted to beat Yugi in a duel to increase his company shares and further his research on holograms to bring his dead wife back through VR.

Well yeah because in the Anime Pegasus survived.
There's a whole Manga series simply because of Pegasus's death.

All deck reflect the character overall
Kaiba's deck has strong beaters and the Virus card to wipe everything since the fucker's relentless. Also dragons
Jonouchi's deck is based on luck since he's a gambler at heart, as well as cards he take from people he defeats since he respect them
Normal Yugi's deck has toy cards because of the millenium puzzle. His core cards like Gandora and Silent Magician/Swordman can increase attack points from very low since he gradually develops from a pussy hiding behind people to beating fucking Atem

He ain't got shit on Kaiba

Wait what the fuck? It stops being true after ushering in multiple religions
Kaiba isn't responsible for 3 entire alien species last time I checked. Why? cause he's responsible for creating duel disks or something?

And Marik has BDSM cards and a risky strategy of giving up life points.

is bakura actually evil or was the spirit of the ring just pulling some shit?

Nah, it'll just inevitably end up back in the hands of the true owner. It's why Bakura's ring kept coming back to him since it was never wagered in a game and they just kept taking it away from him.

The ring houses an evil spirit. Bakura is practically a non character that only goes "Where's my ring?" and "Oh there's my ring, let me put it on"

It's taking into account things from every yugioh series.

user, watch GX.

Neo spacians are ayyliens

I did, somewhat, I know he sent Judai's Neos cards to space and they came back. so that part is true.
I can tell the cosmos space shit is Zexal related, but he's in no way directly responsible for it just because he made the first duel disks, if we went by that logic, then Pegasus gets dibs on all of this shit too because he actually made duel monsters.
The 4 new realities is Arc V, but again Kaiba has nothing do with it.
The Facebook shit is VRAINS I think? But again that's preposterous and Kaiba has nothing do with it.

ah right, that makes sense. so the ring's spirit is always in control when he has the ring on (and just pretends to be normal bakura) unlike yugi's puzzle?

>The 4 new realities is Arc V, but again Kaiba has nothing do with it.
Caused by his solid light holographic tech. Duel monsters when they were nothing but cards didn't do much with a few exceptions like Yubel or other card spirits. It's when they start making holograms of them that shit starts to get out of hand.

You're not giving Pegasus his props here, his autism literally reaches our own reality making grown men compete in children's card game tournament.
Also Kaiba's technology still needs the global phenomenon that is the card game Pegasus created.
Spirits literally found home in the cards this man created.
Card games that are based on ancient egyptian duels that were fought with real monsters.
I could say all those things you said about the following yugioh series about Pegasus too if you wanna play this game, Kaiba-boy.

> One of the most intelligent guys in the world
> Have the most advanced technology that, for some reason, by the 20th anniversary movie, surpass all the series post DM
> Have a fucking space station
> A jerk in his best, a dictator in his worst
> Can't brush off the fact his rival passed to afterlife
> Tries to revive the said rival, but the rival's host says it's done
> Creates a spiritual deloreal to breaches the afterlife only to fight the damn rival again

He's not a full villain for a very slim chance. Also, he'd probably have a gigantic rival boner for Atem and probably hatefucked him at the afterlife.

"spiritual delorean"

he's a tryhard

Zexal, Arc-V, and Vrains are each separate timelines that have no connection to Kaiba or DM.

>and take his place
That was only in the dub
In the original he only wants to kill the pharoah because he blames him for his shitty cave life and wants revenge so he can fuck off to ride motorcycles in piece
Yami Marik just wants to shank as many niggas as possible and have fun with it

It's the same as Yugi, Atem is just nicer to his host since he doesn't have an agency outside of Punisher justice due to memory loss. Evil Bakura remember everything in the past

He's the straightest man in Yu-Gi-Oh. He had a wife that we was devoted to to the point of obsession.

At the very least he's 100% responsible for the Neospacians
The Barians and ASTRALS may also be a result of cards getting shot into space but there's no real evidence to support it

Marik is shit since his whole schtick relies on "MUH SHADOW GAMES WILL WIN ME THE GAME" since he's so trash at the game.

Yes that scene still pisses me off.

Find a flaw on Kaiba's cardfu dragon.

>normal monster

That just means it doesn't have to rely on effects and can just rely on sheer power alone.

It can't turn back into Kisara.

>his autism literally reaches our own reality making grown men compete in children's card game tournament
I mean, that should be expected. Look at how autistic people are over wanting to call video games sports and wanting them treated like the NBA or something. It's not an extension of his reality, it's just an extension of our current society's collected autism.

Kaiba is 30 here and is wearing the same outfit he did when he was 16. Why?

Fashion comes and goes. Style is forever.

You really expect to find reason in a man that autistic about a card game?

Yugioh thread?
Why is Yuma so fucking insufferable? His character never develop even after 90 episodes. It's always
>new baddie showed up and wrecked Yuma
>Yuma got depressed, started playing defensively and lost
>fight some random plot character, suddenly regain morale and won
>rinse and repeat 20 times whenever new villain appear

They keep calling it a white dragon when it's clearly blue in most of its shots in the anime.

Also, its body kind of looks awkwardly proportioned, like the head was for an aquatic creature and the torso was for a machine.

He used resources to build a fucking jet that looks like blue eyes white dragon and you think his fashion style at age 30 is his main problem?

>He used resources to build a fucking jet that looks like blue eyes white dragon

>Evil laugh that doesn't sound corny

He's not evil, and his entire voice is laugh-out-loud silly.

>beers
I hate commoners

Yu-Gi-Oh! R isn't amazing, but it deserves to be more well-known.

Real talk, Kaiba losing his development in Death-T and having his backstory changed so that Gozaburo just "disappeared" SEVERELY cheapens his character in Duel Monsters. The first episode of the series combines his introduction and his "back for revenge" storyline, and it makes absolutely no sense why he would
1. Steal the Blue-Eyes (he provides a reason, but it's kind of worthless)
2. Hospitalize Sugoroku
3. Care enough to call Yugi to tell him he did these two things

Pegasus not dying isn't ideal I guess, but overall he was pretty great in the show.

Bakura forced Pegasus into a mind battle or something. He did it after his loss to Yugi, so he was unstable, an easy target for bakura.

Because he's a cartoon character.
I hate how every series past DM is lile that, with no one changing clothes like a regular person.

>Pegasus out of all villains in DM

What is this Nostalgia wanking right here?

I bet you're one of those nostalgiafags who only watched Duelist Kingdom back then and didn't even know the rules and came back to Yu-Gi-Oh! through Duel Links and DSOD

You could've atleast mentioned Marik

And there are tons of better villains in the spin-offs

I like Bakura myself. Shadow RPG was a good end to the series.

>No one changes clothes past DM
>What is Chazz who had a full design change

Every show had the characters change at times, you don't have to be that obvious to show you didn't watch any of the spin-offs

Marik was not a good villain either.

>lile a regular person

Takahashi kept a timescale for every arc of the series; excluding uniforms, every character changes clothes after 1 or 2 days (no one packed for Duelist Kingdom/Battle City, for example). Duelonsters kind of ruined that with the Doma arc, and every other series past that has the characters wearing the same clothes day in, day out, as if they own only one outfit.

GX is the only real exception (for the most part, anyway) because, again, they're wearing uniforms. Starting in 5D's, it's far more egregious, when Lua and Luca wear the same thing every day despite being rich.

If I wasn't clear, I am saying they don't change clothes every day, not that they don't change clothes EVER.

I'm not entirely comfortable with how good Judai looks in that.

He's very handsome user, it's okay to have these feelings.

If that's Aki's, it should be flapping in front of his chest

Judai is canon 18

>liking bakura 2

Have you seen Yuya in his racing outfit?

reality pisses on your stupid faces

Judai's a good boy

>name
Pegasus J. Crawford is pretty cool, especially in Japanese
I don't like his dub name on principle, but it's actually super cool, too.

DM had Kaiba stay in his long coat after the change and Yami stayed the same for the most part

GX had them constantly change their uniforms from Slifer Red, Ra Yellow and Obelisk Blue

There's always Chazz turning into an underdog and Hellkaiser with his heel turn

5Ds had them change for their riding outfits and had Kiryu make a full turn after his redemption

I don't see how DM did the job differently when all shows had the characters change

I do rather prefer the DM Manga, but the filler arcs atleast gave us MONSTA CARDO

5Ds had the most entertaining duels though

There's always ZeXal, Arc-V and Vrains with their transformations too

>Marik
>Good villain
THIS is the pinnacle of nostalgiawanking. Marik was a terribly generic villain with a horribly handled redemption where, despite having directly caused all the chaos in Battle City himself, he’s suddenly an innocent child who dindu nuffin. After hearing so much about Yami Marik I thought he was going to be awesome, but he was incredibly disappointing as well. He was hardly more evil than the real Marik had been in the previous arc which really lessened his impact after having been built up as a monster incomparable to what’s come before.

It also didn’t help that he was in reality a shit duelist who just relied on people not knowing how Ra worked to win. His duel against Bakura made him look like an absolute joke, where he barely did anything and would definitely have lost badly if Bakura hadn’t killed himself like a complete retard. Then, after losing to fucking Joey, how is the audience supposed to consider him a threat?

Judai is so pure. He actually thinks the universe will never be destroyed one day.

Let me put this simply.
In 5D's, they changed into their riding outfits, yes. And that's it. They have civillian and riding clothes. That's it. You and I change clothes every day, and the characters in Yu-Gi-Oh! do not; they wear the same casual clothes every day. Despite story arcs taking place over months, they're seen wearing the same clothes.

In DM, none of the story arcs take place on a timescale longer than 3 days. Characters wearing the same thing throughput that time is far more realistic. Duelist Kingdom and Battle City, the two longest story arcs, take place in only 3 days, tops. So not changing is more realistic. In the DDD arc after Duelist Kingdom, everyone is wearing new clothes like a regular person would. In the Battle City arc after DDD, everyone is wearing new clothes like a regular person would. And in the World of Memory and Ceremonial Battle arcs, which both take place over less than a day, the characters are wearing new outfits.

The original series portrays characters who change their clothes regularly, like people do in real life. The later series do not.

Muh ancient egyptian text made me mad not only because it's a retarded asspull, but also because they could have had something really cool there. Having Mai successfully summoning Ra and still getting beaten by Marik would not only establish him as a competent duelist in his own right, but also prove to everybody watching that just because you have a big dick god card doesn't mean you can't still lose.

Why was Judai's smile not protected in season 3?

>but also prove to everybody watching that just because you have a big dick god card doesn't mean you can't still lose.
The semifinals do that far better, though

Yes! He's a grown man not an edgy teen.

Judai is just living his life wrong!

That's a really nice edit, really shows how Yu-Gi-Oh! has evolved

>Scrap Fist
That got a lot better once I realized it applied all effects instead of one

Haven't been involved with Yu-Gi-Oh! for a while but I've heard 5Ds had the same director as Symphogear and that Hibiki is based off Junk Warrior

Symphogear was fun so I'm thinking about giving it a try

2018 now so out of the six pairs (or trio with Yuma, Shark, and Kaito), who are the best protagonist and rivals of their respective series?

The answer is always Kaiba.

>Then, after losing to fucking Joey, how is the audience supposed to consider him a threat?
I agree with you that he was not a good villain( I still consider him pretty entertaining), but Marik had the strongest God Card(that only he knew how to use), a Millennium item and physically harmed his opponents using his magic, so he was still a massive threat even if he was a shitty duelist who relied on Ra saving his ass.

>>as soon as he loses his eye, gets destroyed by Kaiba
user he died

I've got two episodes of season 2 left and I'm wary of season 3. My favorite part of this show is Judai's smile. My second favorite part is Manjoume.

>My second favorite part is Manjoume.

That probably adds to making the show feel more natural, but I guess that's the case because it was based off a source material and they had the time for it

DM looked really good for it's time and probably had the budget for those monster animations and world building

Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds is pure fun and has some nice hype moments

It's basically the Akira of Yu-Gi-Oh! with bikes and psychics and the whole cyberpunk atmosphere

It has a lot of darker themes too and the duels are pretty entertaining because they're combo based

It had the most votes during the 20th Anniversary Duel voting so you can't be too wrong on checking it out

VJUMP Yu-Gi-Oh! 20th Anniversary Duel Ratings Total
1.5DS (16415)
2.DM (14798)
3.GX (14022)
4.ZeXal (14015)
5.Arc-V (12552)

Respective Shows most rated Duel:
DM: Ceremonial Duel (Yugi vs Atem) (7673)
GX: Crowler Sensei vs Yuki Judai Rematch Graduation Duel (4233)
5Ds: Final Duel Yusei vs Jack (4969)
ZeXal: Final Duel Yuma vs Astral (3784)
Arc-V: Standard Tournament Sora vs Shun (3729)

Top 10 Duels Total:
1.(7673)(DM) Ceremonial Duel
2.(4969)(5DS) Final Duel
3.(4270)(5DS) Fortune Cup Yusei vs Aki
4.(4233)(GX) Judai vs Crowler Rematch Graduation Duel
5.(3784)(ZeXal) Final Duel
6.(3783)(GX) Final Duel
7.(3729)(Arc-V) Standard Tournament Sora vs Shun
8.(3373)(5DS) Final Villain and Shooting Quasar Dragon
9.(3325)(Arc-V) Standard Tournament Yuya vs Sawatari
10.(2964)(GX) Hellkaiser Ryo vs Yubel

Heres the Link if you wanna check yourself:
vjump.shueisha.co.jp/yugioh_20th_duel/keka.html

It is a pretty fun watch and you won't regret it if you'll get over the fact that they're playing cardgames on motorcycles

I would rather say it's only an improvement because it makes the duele more pumped up, but that's something you can decide by yourself

Good taste on the Hibiki

2018 shall be Dog-chan's year to shine!

Pretty sure that's my screenshot. I grinned when Manjoume almost got declared the "winner" of GeneX.

Judai was a generous guy to not take Manjoume's medals in their duel in episode 87-88.

It was because Marik was a hellraiser reference right?

Based ManjouMANs rejoice

What are your opinions on this meme combination of VWXYZ, Armed Dragon and Ojama?

And will you build a deck around this new support for casual play, because I really like the flavor of this deck with adding 3 archetype and making it work because SANDA

>GX: Crowler Sensei vs Yuki Judai Rematch Graduation Duel (4233)

This duel was 10/10 Na No Ne

>(2964)(GX) Hellkaiser Ryo vs Yubel

I really liked this one so I'm glad it got into the top 10

Atleat he went out with a bang

But 5Ds had indeed pretty good duels

Yeah, considering the characters PACK ON SCREEN before going to America and yet don't change at all while they're there in Doma, it's probably because of the source material.

Sorry if I came off a bit rude; I just wanted to clear up what I meant.

Duel Monsters was a longrunner AND an early digital show; it's actually amazing that it looks as good as it does