Shonen battle manga

>shonen battle manga
>"Why don't they just nuke the villains?"
>he actually does it

The absolute madman

what manga

Every writer knows they can just do that. They also know things would be really boring if they did.

Almost anything can be boring if you don’t execute it properly. Most battle shounen manga artists just don’t have the balls to go in this direction for numerous reason.

Hunta Hunta

In most series it would be impossible to nuke anyone because those series have coherent worlds where the consequences of using nuclear weapons would far outweigh any benefit, like in real life. But since the HxH is a nonsensical mess of edgy bullshit, Togashi can get away with whatever hack writing he wants.

To be fair, in the worlds where the cons would outweigh the benefits of nuking a villain the nuke just wouldn't work against the villain because they're too strong at that point.

>actually does it
too late LUL They could have done it earlier to prevent more deaths. This is just a classic example of bad writing.

Did you not read the series? The world powers wanted the ants erased without the normal world finding out of their existance, and with as little mess as possible on a political level. Only way was to remove the king from the palace area and use the dirty bomb, which wasn’t even a full size nuke.

>shitposting a series you havent read/watch
Netero lures Meruem to a weapons testing site miles away from the palace. Where the fallout wouldn't kill off the civilians. And plausible deniability with media spin on the events that took place.

Or maybe it's because they're fighting against fucking ants.

In the first arc of HxH, a serial killer who has blatantly just slaughtered dozens of people is willingly given an irrevocable license that lets him get through any border and avoid any action by the police. The only time this is ever brought up again is when one of the heads of the organisation that gave him the license calls him "You damn murderer." in an annoyed tone but doesn't do anything about it.
Why are you even trying to defend the logic of HxH's world?

>moving the goalpost

Can't argue with the logic a author makes.

That’s the world the author has created. Hunters are members of an organisation seperated from normal people with normal lives and the Hunter exam is there to make sure only extraordinary people get through to such a way of life. A lot of that could be chalked up to Netero’s way of running the organisation, and when he died there was huge campaign to change how shit was done.

Well Netero did interview Hisoka in the last exam and he probably saw him more like an anti-hero ala Deadpool. After all. He ended up helping Kurapika and Gon and even killed two spiders and promised to kill the rest.
But yeah. What bothers me the most is that Killua killed Bodoro and no one cared, even if it was thanks to Illumi, the comitee should have discualified just Illumi.

lurk more

It only works if the powerlevel aren't to high.

Imagine a single shonen series that doesn't get eaten alive by power number creep.

Why didn't they nuke the villains right from the start instead of doing it at the last moment?

Explain when and where they could have done so

Rubber x Gum

When you think about it, in a world where some people are natural-disasters in human form, some degree of leniency might be a good idea. The privileges granted to Hunters encourage a lot these over-powered would-be criminals to join them, which is part of why the Hunter Association is the most powerful organization in the world. Also, as they're generally aligned with keeping the peace (at least on a national scale), the Hunter Association acts as a deterrent to a constant battle for supremacy between demigods.

They're not demigods. A military could just assassinate them like they could anyone else.

Let's not pretend the HxH world isn't a giant messy plot device that only exists when it's needed.

>It's bad writing because people don't solve every problem as fast as possible with nukes

What series are you thinking of? Most of the examples I can think of with "realistic" worlds are also fairly low-power-level (like World Trigger.)

>A military could just assassinate them like they could anyone else.

The Spiders decimated one of the biggest cities in the world, and most of them got away. The only thing that stopped them was the meddling of other super-humans

because Hunter society pretty much runs on "Might Makes Right"

>The Spiders decimated one of the biggest cities in the world
never happened

I remember seeing this page back then, way before hearing about HxH, so the Netero scene wasn't anything new for me.

So you agree with the original poster that the HxH world is a mess of edge?

>speedreading/watching

In the hunter exam you're walking up to an important group and saying "here I am."

Also, this.

They destroyed at best a couple city blocks during York Shin. The entire city wasn't decimated so you're both wrong.

nice fanbase hxh friends, you got people using twitch emotes now. keep it up. glad i was able to see the signs early on

I bet the miniature rose bomb will be use again in the dark continent.

It is not like the police or the judicial system would be able to handle that serial killer at all. The only option would be extrajudicial vigilantism from other high-ranked Hunters.