Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WdZwHrrKKTw
youtube.com/watch?v=04e8UupoY30
youtube.com/watch?v=S09mEDCqSx4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes.
Naruto vs Pain
Both Naruto vs Sasuke fights.

So many people talk about how fast Saitama jumps from the moon to earth, but never how fucking hard Boros kicks him.

*blocks your path*

What a crybaby faggot

Yes, animated nice, but that's about it. There's 0 tension. There's 0 mystery. 0 build up or hype. Just some guy using Saitama as a giant punching bag with cool explosions.

>There's 0 tension.
I love this meme
>0 mystery. 0 build up
Is that required in a fucking parody?

>There's 0 tension
There is, but that's for boros and not saitama.

Why did kakuzu have to die to nardos wimpy rasenshuriken ?

>Just some guy using Saitama as a giant punching bag with cool explosions.
Works fine for me

It's just a matter of time until pic related gets animated

>JoJo
>tumblr
Pottery

Watching Sasuke get rekt by Bee was far better.

>When the SRS BIZNESS Edge-lord gets destroyed by a comic relief character

Makes me diamonds every time.

Pic related

thats a good fight right there. can you give me the source?

dofus. the book of julith

It's not a very good cartoon though.

While there's many frames. It's not a very interesting fight and the first 5 seconds aren't very good either. Unlike the Naruto .gif in the OP which uses human movement.

>Unlike the Naruto .gif in the OP which uses human movement.
>human movement
what the fuck does that mean

Your goofily dressed underdog is old and busted.
Step aside.

google images you mong

Hold my beer

such a goddamned shat the show didn't covered the rest of the manga.
FUCK i want more ghost sweeper ;_;

Exactly what I meant. There's a difference between two differently colored blobs attacking each-other and detailed human movement

But the colored blobs are more detailled and have better animation compared to those human movements. OPM's cut is much better than the naruto one despite animating two very different kinds of fights.

It's a rotten shame
Instead of having so many filler episodes, they should have at least animated up to the Sweeper exam; that probably would have made it popular enough to get another season

If you truly believe that then that's your prerogative.

>Blaspheming Yoshimichi Kameda

>but a name
Fuck off with occultism.

It's so fucking rad that even with those magic eyes that help you read and predict your oponent's movements he still could barely keep up with Bee's regular fighting style. A man has so much control over his body and weapon arsenal that just seeing his attacks, not even trying to replicate them, becomes a huge fucking challenge for the most perceptive fighters.
Goddamn I just love that moment with Sasuke frantically darting his eyes trying to figure out where every blade is going followed by panic as he realizes that his face is going to get smashed in by an attack he did not even try to look for at all despite it being wide and obvious.
It's so entertaining to watch generally competent at whathey do characters going into "Oh fuck I'm actually not in control of this at all" mode

Would you really expect any less from a jinchuuriki who is very bonded with his bijuu?

especially hachibi.

Why is Gaara crying here? I didn't get this far in the manga/anime.

I think he felt bad for Sasuke knowing that he had to kill him, because he could relate to what he was going through.

dekus first outfit sucks, that hood was a bad idea

A good fight requires more than just pretty flashy animation. You have to actually care about the outcome for it to be compelling and make you invest your emotions.

OPM is a fun series but there is absolutely no tension in anything, and if you think there is you're either stupid or don't actually know what "tension" is. You ALWAYS now what's going to happen, you know there's nothing at stake (at least you should if you're not dumb). It's pure visual candy and humor.

In Gaara vs Rock Lee you get to see the underdog come so close to beating the over the cocky overpowered asshole, but ultimately the good guy fucking loses. Loses hard. His years of training and pushing himself to the absolute limit every chance he gets to try and overcome his natural weakness undone by 1 asshole with bullshit magic powers that make him invincible without trying. He's left nearly dead and potentially crippled for life, all his work rendered worthless and his life dream destroyed.
Visually it's also, as someone else said, far less human looking. More flashing lights don't automatically mean better looking.

It's basically the exact opposite of any fight in OPM.

He still has the hood.

>Saitama
>underdog

Boy go cut me a switch

> you get to see the underdog come so close to beating the over the cocky overpowered asshole
Rock lee wasn't an underdog. When he was first introduced, he damn near fucked Sasuke up.

What really made it stand out was that Lee only knew hand to hand combat, and he was fucking Gaara up even though Gaara had all this sand jutsu shit.

This. Rock Lee was only the underdog in his sappy backstory. By the time he appears in the story's "current" time, he's an unstoppable force that got put up against the immovable object

When the entire arc has shown Gaara off as invincible and defeating everyone in his path without even needing to move, anyone who gets pitted against him is the underdog.

You honestly don't see how "underdog" is conditional upon who is fighting who? It's not a fucking character trait that's built into the person and applies in every fight no matter what. It's based on who's fighting who at the moment.

youtu.be/WdZwHrrKKTw
>digitally animated """"fights""""

then there's that fag that goes and tries to compare a fucking movie scene to a tv show

Rock vs Gaara is like 75% zweefighting bullshit too.

You want human movement take Sword of the Stranger.

would itachi have jobbed like this without susanoo at hand to hand only?

This. I loved this fight for this same reason.

Itachi would've lost since he relies 90% on his genjutsu. The only one that can beat Killer Bee at taijustu is Guy

(You)

I wish they would have animated this scene a bit better. I wasn't too into it. I enjoyed it in the manga much more.

>t. retard

Rock Lee was popular and hyped. As said before it was only in his own story that he was considered an underdog.

Its been topped multiple times by now.

I see what you're getting at, but I still didn't get the sense that there was enough of a sheer difference in the perceived power of Rock Lee and Gaara up to that point to give Rock Lee true underdog status. It's like a sliding scale, and it involves both the opponent's strength AND some perceived insufficiency or fundamental weakness in the underdog.

Rock Lee's CHARACTER CONCEPT was more like an "ascended" underdog who had worked himself up from uncertain beginnings into a genuine monster in the present. He was established as having already compensated for what would have been seen as a weakness on paper, so it wasn't truly a weakness and more like his gimmick.

If he had been introduced for the first time as Gaara's random opponent who couldn't do ninjutsu and had no feats, then I'd agree. But he was introduced by casually embarassing the main character, his edgy rival and basically just kung fu ripping through the competition like butter up until facing Gaara. There has to be some element of genuine incredulity to the notion of a person winning to make them an underdog, but I think at that point, Rock Lee pulling a win wouldn't have actually seemed all that incredulous.

As much flak as naruto gets it really has it's moments.

Have you seen the game's version of it? It's pretty good
youtube.com/watch?v=04e8UupoY30

>young asian twink gets ripped apart by the BBC

i get immediately turned off whenever fights become just two lightrays bouncing around the screen

> here's my opinion on fights and why there good, and I'm just gonna assume everyone completely agrees with me.

Senpai, it's time to stop posting. '~'

So if rock lee had fought all 5 kages at once he wouldn't be the underdog because he was "popular and hyped"? You don't see how something like that would matter? You just think somebody is born an underdog or not, and they'll be one or not be one in every single fight they ever engage in ever? What if 2 born underdogs fight each other?

I think both of you are letting your current knowledge interfere with what you knew at the time. Lee had to go through not just one but TWO previously unknown powerups just to attempt hurting Gaara. We knew he was from a year above Naruto and co so being stronger than them shouldn't be unexpected. We knew he was good but not even other characters watching the fight had any idea the true power he had hidden away. He was never a grim, foreboding menace that was being built up to be the final boss of the entire arc like Gaara.

Here child, amuse yourself and stop bothering the adults.

>He was never a grim, foreboding menace that was being built up to be the final boss of the entire arc like Gaara.

He wasn't a forboding menace, but he was heavily established as a fucking badass whose weakness had become his strength.

What it comes down to is that when an underdog steps up to the plate, you're thinking "no fucking way this guy can win." Rock Lee, because of how well he'd performed up to that point, gave off more the sense of "Could he have something up his sleeve to win this?"

The mid-fight powerups were impressive, but they didn't seem like asspulls. You EXPECTED him to do something like that. The fight didn't start with a 90-10 chance of Gaara stomping him, you got the feeling that he was gonna do some crazy shit but just didn't know what.

The difference between Rock Lee alone and the kages would be much more drastic than the difference between Part 1 Rock Lee and Part 1 Gaara with everything we'd seen up to that point. The first scenario seems like a borderline impossible suicide mission, while the second scenario honestly does feel like it could go either way even if you're not sure how.

Fate fights are trash. Nothing but characters flailing at each other with an overuse of sparks and lights in an attempt to cover up the blatant lack of impact in the attacks.

>Borutofags keep posting this as if its good

I mean its not bad, but he was kinda just this random minor villain who was beaten easily, so the fight didnt really have any holding power.

Lee literally calls himself a loser and dreams of being able to defeat born elites. Again, you either don't remember how anything went in the chuunin exam or you never understood what foreshadowing was to begin with.

Because it is.

user just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's bad. It's legit a good animated fight.

It's definitely better than the anime, I'll give you that.

That's because it is stupid.

Here's just a few panels later. Just one of many examples of people being like "Oh shit fucking Gaara I've got a bad feeling about him this guys bad news" throughout the arc.

literally the pain fight is better than that shit

Sasuke attacked a meeting of Kages and Gaara went to stop him, he asked him to stop, saying that he understood sasuke and that if he managed to break free of hatred then so can Sasuke. The latter refused and that's where gaara started to cry.
He probably saw his old self in Sasuke and cried that he had to kill him because of their respective position, believing that he could still be redeemed.

I took that more as a sign of his lingering low confidence than his actual status as a loser. He grew up as the last pick before Gai trained him, so he still internally kept that cognitive distortion in his mindset despite clearly being a top-tier contender based on how he could clearly fuck up 95% of his generation. Watch what people and characters actually do, not what they say.

Unless you took Sasuke seriously when Rock Lee blocked his kick and Sasuke said "no man alive should be able to block this"

Genuine question, Is Boruto any good as a stand alone? I only watched the first part of Naruto before the time skip, and never really got into the bullshit with Ninja Jesus, and all that. Can I still enjoy with only that much exposure to Naruto? Also, is Boruto actually good?

>He doesn't understand what an animation style is

Stick to wan pisu

It sucks. It's funny, the only good parts in the Boruto anime are the parts that were adapted from any bonus chapter Kishimoto did with Boruto

Best fight I can think of was the final fight in Trigun.

I can't tell you for sure that's it's good as a standalone but, I do think it's a decent watch.

It's no Zabuza/Chuunin Exam era Naruto, but it's not bad.

this fight represents the series well, starts with pretty interesting concepts and cool fights but ends in a big monster shooting lazers vs kid with special eyes shitfest

Oh shit, is that the boss from Kotor 2?

Man I remember watching this when I kind of kind of gave a shit about the show back then. I love that character archetype where they are on par with the others that use abilities or special powers but the guy is just strong as shit and is able to compete on their level. Whatever happened to him? Did he become irrelevant?

Is this the ultimate shitposting detector?
Posting the Pain fight in QUALITY threads or using it to that effect is proof that not only you haven't even watched the scene you're criticizing, but also that you've watched so little anime that you have no idea about what stylization is.

Being stylized doesn't mean that it's good. I'm pretty sure most people know that is not exactly QUALITY, it was intentional, but it still looks absolutely awful.

Thats the point. The whole series is a parody of those main characters who have plot armor and can overcome anything.

Can't wait for J.C.Staff to J.C.Staff this up.

The moment they made rock lee irrelevant was the moment the show went to shit.

yes, hence it being 'animated nice' but having no substance.

so many still frames just look fucking terrible in that fight, and the lack of shading makes it look like something a fucking toddler drew.
if too many of the frames are ass then the entire thing will look like ass, and that's compounded by the explosion at the end which actually looks good. "watch this shit then look at a cool explosion"

>despite clearly being a top-tier contender based on how he could clearly fuck up 95% of his generation. Watch what people and characters actually do, not what they say.
How about you take your own advice and apply it to Gaara as well. Gaara does everything you just described about Lee and better. He beats everyone practically in his sleep. Fights are so trivial to him he looks bored.

Also you might want to double check your memory, because Lee only engages in 2 total fights before his fight with Gaara. His mock fight with Naruto and Sasuke, and his fight against the sound ninjas, which he fucking loses and winds up paralyzed on the ground. I really don't see where you're getting that this proves him a "top tier contender" who could "fuck up 95% of his generation".

>Thats the point. The whole series is a parody of those main characters who have plot armor and can overcome anything.
Yeah, that's fine and all, but that doesn't mean it's enjoyable to watch.

Do you not know what one punch man is about? Of course there isnt substance, it is a joke anime. Why are you expecting to have depth? Or is that what other people who watch it try to convince you?

It's good.

STEP aside
youtube.com/watch?v=S09mEDCqSx4

Meanwhile nearly every page Gaara is on it's talking about how invincible he is.

Dont watch it then? I dont know what to tell you. It is a series about telling the same joke every time in different ways. It's not for everyone

It's nothing like Naruto.
It's more of a slice of life, good feel with some combat here and there thrown in.

I watched every episode of Naruto, yet dropped Boruto at around EP20. Not my cup of tea.

Already has.

Or people shitting their pants in terror of him.

If you honestly think Lee and his incredible 50/50 winrate, one fight of which wasn't even serious, is anything comparable to what the entire arc spends building up Gaara then you're delusional.