AOTY 2017 Poll

The new year is here, but there's still a few more days before the winter season begins. So lets take this chance to look back on the year before the new shows start and we all go back to watching anime.

Categories include best anime, worst anime, most surprising anime, most disappointing anime, best OP, best ED, best OST, best scene, best girl, best boy, best seiyuu, shows watched, and shows dropped.

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfg8ix5t7-roJZTWVcO0UCRVJ52beNYk4VpV2pJaIBte3gO2Q/viewform?usp=sf_link

For those who filled it out early, note that the result date has been pushed back to the 7th to account for several prominent shows ending late and being fansubbed even later. The Yuyushiki OVA and Aiseki Mogol Girl have also been added to all relevant categories.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8QjqkATvH9M
youtube.com/watch?v=RdzE56l1mo0
youtube.com/watch?v=VYZO_fPO4sU
youtube.com/watch?v=8274OxOTcRo
youtube.com/watch?v=VCJ_6ZTy2cI
youtube.com/watch?v=AJpIJ6hbYco
youtube.com/watch?v=_0KAFzm9MJE
dailymotion.com/video/x68q7hp
dailymotion.com/video/x68q7hq
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How many submissions do you have so far?

>select everything
>nope
>go back

Interested on the submission numers as well.

>no IP protection
isn't there a poll floating around already with IP protection and 1200 responses?

~150, which isn't bad considering I only really posted it in a couple AOTY threads so far. I think some other anons have been posting it too, which helps.

Yeah, some user made a poal.me about a month ago. People kept complaining about muh google account, so I tried turning off account verification this year. I'm a bit concerned about that, but I'm hoping the length and detail helps deter spam and you can see each individual vote to monitor for any obvious spam. So far things look clean.

>he thinks ip protection matters
user, i can just change ip every 20 seconds by connecting to a different vpn server. i wont even have to clear my browser cache.

Pingu isn't on the list.

Pingu in the City is on the list with the rest of the shorts. If you jumped straight to AOTY, then you need to go back a page to get to the categories for shorts, movies, and ovas since those were separated.

I want to vote for Mugi in all categories.

Bump. I like these polls

Aside from pic related, you missed the Shoujo Shuumatsu shorts.

Maho Yome are a series of short specials that have been coming out alongside the show, it's a bit confusing since that's also the abbreviation of the show, but that's Japan for you.

Shoujo Shuumatsu Jugyou should be on there, but it's classified as an OVA/special rather than a short since it's bonus content for another show rather than its own thing.

>OPOTY
youtube.com/watch?v=8QjqkATvH9M

>EDOTY
youtube.com/watch?v=RdzE56l1mo0
or
youtube.com/watch?v=VYZO_fPO4sU

Submitted.

Good taste, but
OPOTY
youtube.com/watch?v=8274OxOTcRo

EDOTY
youtube.com/watch?v=VCJ_6ZTy2cI

The only one she'd win is worst keion.

Where's the lie?

Did last year have any good EDs? Like not good songs but actual good endings? Something that expressed the show, had good synergy, maybe a fade to Ed somewhere etc.

I really loved the LWA ending. It had all the spirit and emotion that the show lacked. But I guess that isn't an answer to what you're looking for.

So thinking back new game was this year, the Ed was about the workweek itself, that's sorta what I'm talking about.

What if I didn't like anything from a season?

>no aho girl
OP is a fag

Aho Girl is under the shorts section, retard

Aho

You can leave things blank.

>OPOTY
youtube.com/watch?v=AJpIJ6hbYco

>EDOTY
youtube.com/watch?v=_0KAFzm9MJE

>OP can edit results spreadsheet at will
>but this poll is totally legit guys

Stop being stupid

Would you trust your country's elections to Google Docs polls/spreadsheets created by random anons?

dailymotion.com/video/x68q7hp
The OP sounds amazing and makes you think it'll be a happy show

dailymotion.com/video/x68q7hq
The ED has such good design and if you know the creator of the manga, her art style is very similar to the ED. Her art is amazing and I love it.

Isn't that a bit of a false equivalency though? I mean an anime poll or the person running the country are very different things. While I do think this poll isnt the most secure, how else do we find out what the best show is?

impeccable taste

Using an actual site like strawpoll or poal.me was fine. I don't know why someone felt the need to use Google Documents. How do we know they aren't messing with the results? Just blindly trust an user?

You never leave something like that in the hands of 1 individual.

and the other polls are just as reliable? The last few polls I've seen have had shenanigans called on them for multi voting. There probably isnt a reliable and easy way to do this kinda vote.

>Using an actual site like strawpoll or poal.me was fine.
Proxies. There is no secure way to do an AOTY poll, so all AOTY polls are retarded and non-credible.

>made in abyss that high
looks like reddit got ahold of it already

>and the other polls are just as reliable?
Yes, because in order to cheat it'd require some autistic user to spend 5 hours switching IP's and voting, which basically nobody is going to be bothered with doing

vs

1 guy who can add +20~50 votes to their favorite series within a second.

>Yes, because in order to cheat it'd require some autistic user to spend 5 hours switching IP's and voting, which basically nobody is going to be bothered with doing
I think you severely underestimate the weaponized autism found on Sup Forums.

>How do we know they aren't messing with the results?
Because you can see the results table with all the votes in it. It doesn't get much more transparent than that.

That's the poal.me.

This is the reality behind polls posted on Sup Forums.

>her art style is very similar to the ED
That's because she animated the ED.

>Because you can see the results table with all the votes in it
That doesn't mean anything.

>Because you can see the results table with all the votes in it.
I use Google Docs spreadsheets a lot for work. Nobody would ever know that the creator of the poll was adding "votes" directly to the spreadsheet, even with a publicly posted results table.

What's your idea then?

Not having polls. There is no secure, credible way to do them, so don't have them. They are a waste of time. Nobody intelligent thinks they're credible for a second.

White Fox didn't? I never heard this before, if it's true then I like it even more.

In the ending credits there's an "Ending animation: Tsukumizu" line so that's what I'm assuming.

Inuyashiki ED was so on spot it literally made you cry in the last episode.

The Akiba's Trip EDs were pretty much all about what the episode was about. The visuals didn't always sync well as a result of having so many of them, but the content was just as much a celebration of Akiba and otaku culture as the show itself was.

Thanks to this thread I learned Tsuki ga Kirei got a freaking OVA or whatever, thanks I guess.

Literally watch the goddamn ED.